PLS Remove Commander Tag Requirement For Warcry

Please remove the requirement to own a commander's icon or tag just to purchase Commander's Wings of War. That is just a ridiculous price to pay for a back item esp when you don't command. I feel it gives special accommodations to those that can afford the commander's icon. And it would a waste of time to grind for the gold to buy something i wont use i.e. commander's icon.

Or lower the price of the commander's icon which has always been at a ridiculous price. 50 gold seems a more balanced price but who am i to try to tell you what balance is as you seem to know exactly what it is.

**EDIT: (to mods) I'm not sure how this got in this category but please move it to the appropriate category.**

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> The price is fine. It used to be 100g, but got changed to 300 around HoT release if I'm not mistaken.

>

> If that is too expensive for you, remember that it's for a legendary that you can make out of the 4 backpieces.

thats fine but im not making a legendary they can put that price on the legendary. all i do is wvw so i am as poor as any player can get in this game and i dont grind and dont do pve. they need to either lower the price of the commanders icon or put this price on the legendary itself.

Or make wvw more rewarding which we all know that will never happen even after 6 yrs of players asking for it.

WvW is rewarding enough. Unless you command there is absolutely no cost attached to playing it, you gain a ton of crafting materials and you can always just sell Memories of Battle.

Solution is simple: If you don't want the legendary then what do you want? The boring base skin? The ascended back piece when combining them? You could just get a different ascended one elsewhere for maybe 10% the effort/cost.

> @"Nokturnal Lunacy.3186" said:

> Please remove the requirement to own a commander's icon or tag just to purchase Commander's Wings of War. That is just a ridiculous price to pay for a back item esp when you don't command. I feel it gives special accommodations to those that can afford the commander's icon. And it would a waste of time to grind for the gold to buy something i wont use i.e. commander's icon.

> Or lower the price of the commander's icon which has always been at a ridiculous price. 50 gold seems a more balanced price but who am i to try to tell you what balance is as you seem to know exactly what it is.

>

> **EDIT: (to mods) I'm not sure how this got in this category but please move it to the appropriate category.**

Hmm kinda seems logical to me that Commanders Wings backpack would require a Commanders tag, maybe the clue is in the words.

Warcry is not just an ascended back piece, but also a PRE CURSOR to a Legendary back piece, and those are supposed to be expensive.

Remember that outside of the tag, to get this precursor all you have to do is earn WvW ranks and skirmish tickets, basically just spend time playing in WvW. Why don't you ask anyone who did the collections for Twilight, Astralaria, or some other legendary precursor what they think about that?

This is just gold sink and you should treat is as such. If they made item specifically for this collection for 300g without any function you probably wouldn't even make this post even though it would serve same purpose. The cost of legendary is 1150g if you have to buy tag, which is in the middle of other backpacks (850g for ascension, 1350 for ad infinitum)

> @"Nokturnal Lunacy.3186" said:

> Please remove the requirement to own a commander's icon or tag just to purchase Commander's Wings of War. That is just a ridiculous price to pay for a back item esp when you don't command. I feel it gives special accommodations to those that can afford the commander's icon. And it would a waste of time to grind for the gold to buy something i wont use i.e. commander's icon.

> Or lower the price of the commander's icon which has always been at a ridiculous price. 50 gold seems a more balanced price but who am i to try to tell you what balance is as you seem to know exactly what it is.

>

> **EDIT: (to mods) I'm not sure how this got in this category but please move it to the appropriate category.**

I think the cost should be put on either the creation of the ascended instead of the exotic. IDK why arenanet wants to make backpieces so hard to attain when everything else is relatively simple.

> @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > @"Nokturnal Lunacy.3186" said:

> > Please remove the requirement to own a commander's icon or tag just to purchase Commander's Wings of War. That is just a ridiculous price to pay for a back item esp when you don't command. I feel it gives special accommodations to those that can afford the commander's icon. And it would a waste of time to grind for the gold to buy something i wont use i.e. commander's icon.

> > Or lower the price of the commander's icon which has always been at a ridiculous price. 50 gold seems a more balanced price but who am i to try to tell you what balance is as you seem to know exactly what it is.

> >

> > **EDIT: (to mods) I'm not sure how this got in this category but please move it to the appropriate category.**

>

> I think the cost should be put on either the creation of the ascended instead of the exotic. IDK why arenanet wants to make backpieces so hard to attain when everything else is relatively simple.

Well it's the same thing. Once you acquire the commander's wings you put all 4 in the mystic toilet, flush, et voila, ascended back pack. Why anyone would work their way up to the exotic and just stop there?

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> Maintain commander tag and make it only for the players that have MAX WVW rank.

>

> Those players need something unique, this mount could be the thing.

Warcry is the Precursor backitem for the Legendary WvW back item, Warbringer. This thread **is not about the mount Warclaw**. Please read threads properly.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > Maintain commander tag and make it only for the players that have MAX WVW rank.

> >

> > Those players need something unique, this mount could be the thing.

>

> Warcry is the Precursor backitem for the Legendary WvW back item, Warbringer. This thread **is not about the mount Warclaw**. Please read threads properly.

Oh well pointed, Warcry its the ugly barbequeu backpack form WvW.

For some reason ic lamers wanting a free ktrain mount to avoid fights everywhere...

on topic:

I dont mind the commander tag for the actual thing, but imo to remove the requirement from it, Anet should make more backpacks racial theme skins rather than have one that only look good on charrs, and probably find another way to unlock their tiers rather than commander tag.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Warcry is not just an ascended back piece, but also a PRE CURSOR to a Legendary back piece, and those are supposed to be expensive.

>

> Remember that outside of the tag, to get this precursor all you have to do is earn WvW ranks and skirmish tickets, basically just spend time playing in WvW. Why don't you ask anyone who did the collections for Twilight, Astralaria, or some other legendary precursor what they think about that?

>

Oh please don't go saying those two words in the same sentence.. Astralaria, Twilight -

Astralaria .. all them AmG's .. still makes me shiver thinking how laborious it was :)

Twilight - All that iron, plat and mithril farming = = = I am still trying to draw enuff cosmic energy to motivate me into completing Twilight