Half Deadeye damage

Bazooka.3590

Malicious Backstab is a beast since it requires no priming beyond a steal. The downside is it typically requires stealth stacking and patience but the payoff is one shot downs from nowhere.

Dead Eye rifle damage typically needs to be primed from stealth and has a brrrrr sound before it lands. Dead Eye builds that don't take Shadow Arts typically have extremely high base damage and typically only use stealth for escape.... those are the dangerous rifle builds.

The fix: Stealth is just borked and always has been. Players should not be able to hit from an invisible position and vanish a moment later.

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Bazooka.3590" said:

> > > way too high especially with dagger

> >

> > half dagger damage and make rifle unblockable for that? deal.

>

> Sure why not if you lose ability to permastealth while only opening for oneshots with DJ or MB

the game is pretty simple: you take something away and add something else.

dagger damage gain from deadeye is just on backstab. so half that (5% bonus per malice instead of 10%) will reduce the reliable damage in 1 vs 1 fights, because in forum pvp they do matter ALOT. now to compensate we add unblockable on rifle - ok only rifle 2, this will provide deadeye the option to participate more in groupfights and should reduce the 'why did this commander kick my thief' a tiny bit.

now to your suggestion: you need to specify the 'permastealth ability', because that is not an ability but the result of using various options to gain stealth in one and the same build. so it is a very huge nerf in one area compared to the OPs wish, in what area do you want to compensate this? bouncing projectiles on rifle ? lets say 4 bounces for 5 targets :3

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Bazooka.3590" said:

> > > > way too high especially with dagger

> > >

> > > half dagger damage and make rifle unblockable for that? deal.

> >

> > Sure why not if you lose ability to permastealth while only opening for oneshots with DJ or MB

> the game is pretty simple: you take something away and add something else.

> dagger damage gain from deadeye is just on backstab. so half that (5% bonus per malice instead of 10%) will reduce the reliable damage in 1 vs 1 fights, because in forum pvp they do matter ALOT. now to compensate we add unblockable on rifle - ok only rifle 2, this will provide deadeye the option to participate more in groupfights and should reduce the 'why did this commander kick my thief' a tiny bit.

>

> now to your suggestion: you need to specify the 'permastealth ability', because that is not an ability but the result of using various options to gain stealth in one and the same build. so it is a very huge nerf in one area compared to the OPs wish, in what area do you want to compensate this? bouncing projectiles on rifle ? lets say 4 bounces for 5 targets :3

I would say penetrating shots (currently just available on the #2 skill) on rifle one through three skills as they should have been from day 1 and swap weapon speed with Ranger LB. (Which is absurdly fast. Dodging rifle at range is absurdly easy.)

And DJ is nothing now compared to killshot from Berzerker. 25K hits seem to be routine now.

Here's some counters to rifle/dagger DE:

* LB sic em ranger

* gun flame berserker (or core rifle war)

* power shatter mirage/mesmer (if you can catch them unawares)

* trap DH (especially if the DE is using dagger)

Also bait them into your own objective territory.

With the recent change to how tiered up objective areas (including sentries) now apply de-stealth mechanics... I've seen far, far less DE's running about. Also congratz to the DE that actually managed to land hits with dagger in this meta of AoE's/pirate ship galore (no offense OP).

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Bazooka.3590" said:

> > > way too high especially with dagger

> >

> > half dagger damage and make rifle unblockable for that? deal.

>

> Sure why not if you lose ability to permastealth while only opening for oneshots with DJ or MB

In wvw you shouldn't get one shot by DE rifle unless your build is asking for it, or maybe you're out of endurance and someone else is helping to lock you down. You will hear them and see their stealth or shadow signatures to show that they're thinking about you, you'll be able to almost track them peripherally even while more focused on another target. Even some things with a short cast time can carry with them into stealth so it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Yeah you guys should not be dying to deadeyes as long as you make the extra effect to detect them over all other classes, get off your discords, turn up your sounds, turn your brightness up, keep your eyes going side to side every second you're in wvw, every moving shadow you see is them, bomb on them right away or run away, now you know and knowing is half the battle!

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/XstlkqG.jpg "")

> >

> > While wearing trailblazers.

> > Deadeyes are awesome.

>

> Complaining about cheese while playing trailblazers. Have half a mind to throw all deadeye's and trailblazer players in a box and let them have at it.

No other choice but to play cheese against cheese, anet can feel free to nerf all the one shot stealth specs and I'll happily go back to my power spec.

> @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/XstlkqG.jpg "")

> >

> > While wearing trailblazers.

> > Deadeyes are awesome.

>

> If you hide behind a wall the damage would be zero.

Sorry I don't play wvw to hide behind walls, but yes half the time I have to run to a structure to avoid them and wait for the mark to get removed when big battles are happening. Boy what great gameplay that is.

Awesome how the first thing you all complain about is me running trailblazer, but not the fact that a thief hits for 17k on trailblazer, gee wonder how much they would have hit for anything less than 3k armor. But hey let's all just hide behind walls and call it a day.

Also apparently it's ok for thieves/mesmers to stealth one shot people but not for me to run something to counter them? Well sorry not sorry, but cheese is not going to be a one way street with me, I've put up with this power creep baloney for 3 years, long as the cheese stealth one shotting specs are around I'm going to run cheese back on them or not play at all, and I'm sure I'm not the only customer that has felt this way.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"SoulSin.5682" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/XstlkqG.jpg "")

> > >

> > > While wearing trailblazers.

> > > Deadeyes are awesome.

> >

> > If you hide behind a wall the damage would be zero.

>

> Sorry I don't play wvw to hide behind walls, but yes half the time I have to run to a structure to avoid them and wait for the mark to get removed when big battles are happening. Boy what great gameplay that is.

>

> Awesome how the first thing you all complain about is me running trailblazer, but not the fact that a thief hits for 17k on trailblazer, gee wonder how much they would have hit for anything less than 3k armor. But hey let's all just hide behind walls and call it a day.

>

> Also apparently it's ok for thieves/mesmers to stealth one shot people but not for me to run something to counter them? Well sorry not sorry, but cheese is not going to be a one way street with me, I've put up with this power creep baloney for 3 years, long as the cheese stealth one shotting specs are around I'm going to run cheese back on them or not play at all, and I'm sure I'm not the only customer that has felt this way.

Could try dodging attacks rather than dodging to spam condi. I know that's a concept lost on condi mirages.

Make stealth on dodge during combat only as before and reduce the duration to less than 1 second and 1 second if traited with shadow arts which makes stealth last longer, or make it not affected by shadow arts and stealth is only 1 second long.

Add a sound to malicious backstab as well same as DJ and I think deadeye is fine.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> How are they going to add a sound to malicious backstab though? It's not going to give any delay, and also the game can't preemptively know you want to backstab. Will it play a sound when you are in flank position in certain range? I don't know how this can work to put a sound on it.

*this rose has thorns!*

Said in Sylvari female toon voice....

Or better yet... as the dead eye gets into 300 range you hear *shhhh. I’m sneaking here* said in a deep male norm voice.

Yeah... That’ll work right?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > How are they going to add a sound to malicious backstab though? It's not going to give any delay, and also the game can't preemptively know you want to backstab. Will it play a sound when you are in flank position in certain range? I don't know how this can work to put a sound on it.

>

> *this rose has thorns!*

>

> Said in Sylvari female toon voice....

>

> Or better yet... as the dead eye gets into 300 range you hear *shhhh. I’m sneaking here* said in a deep male norm voice.

>

> Yeah... That’ll work right?