How much faith do you have in ANET and future GW2 now?

yefluke.3168

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> I have no reason to not have faith in Arenanet. My concern is with NCSoft. Whenever they come around, games either get shut down, lose staff or made into microtransaction hell. It kills me that amazing games like GW2 are trapped under the thumb of that MMO Killer.

anet took your money and lied to you, but you still have faith in them?

OTOH, ncsoft was the one, who actually made this game possible, and you still hate them?

put the blame where it belongs, and seeing what the other big publishers do, ncsoft is the lesser evil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> i dont like the amount of pessimistic floating around, I see GW2 still have a VERY health player population

>

> I see Anet's layoff as more of a change of environment within the entire gaming industry, as we saw the layoffs at Activision Blizzard

>

> Just as what MightTeapot said on his recent stream, GW2 is the golden goose in the company's portfolio, without GW2 NCSoft will have little presence in the Western market

>

> What GW2 need more are better marketing, more purchasable cosmetic skins (as players, we need to be a bit less nitpicking on cosmetic faults) at affordable prices, and an economist to rebalance the amount of gold in the economy

>

> as APEX has shown us, you dont need marketing, if you have a good game

and whaling for more cash is a temporary solution at best...one they have been using too much

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > I have no reason to not have faith in Arenanet. My concern is with NCSoft. Whenever they come around, games either get shut down, lose staff or made into microtransaction hell. It kills me that amazing games like GW2 are trapped under the thumb of that MMO Killer.

>

> anet took your money and lied to you, but you still have faith in them?

> OTOH, ncsoft was the one, who actually made this game possible, and you still hate them?

> put the blame where it belongs, and seeing what the other big publishers do, ncsoft is the lesser evil

This honestly. Don’t be tricked into some NCSoft hate circle fest. All I can say is just give Anet another chance, and if they fail, well we’ll see what happens.

> @"Clara.9631" said:

> I think they need to: put out their roadmap, starting hinting at content further out than the next LW season, and to start implementing what is laid out. Bonus points if they drop an x-pac confirmation, which would go a long way to assuage concerns as expansions usually mean a resurgence of interest, players and income. Unfortunately, for gaming in general, words don't mean much anymore, and silence causes excessive concern. Gotta show results to get faith.

This!

> @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > i dont like the amount of pessimistic floating around, I see GW2 still have a VERY health player population

> >

> > I see Anet's layoff as more of a change of environment within the entire gaming industry, as we saw the layoffs at Activision Blizzard

> >

> > Just as what MightTeapot said on his recent stream, GW2 is the golden goose in the company's portfolio, without GW2 NCSoft will have little presence in the Western market

> >

> > What GW2 need more are better marketing, more purchasable cosmetic skins (as players, we need to be a bit less nitpicking on cosmetic faults) at affordable prices, and an economist to rebalance the amount of gold in the economy

> >

> > as APEX has shown us, you dont need marketing, if you have a good game

> and whaling for more cash is a temporary solution at best...one they have been using too much

>

>

wait... what? I never said "as APEX has shown us, you dont need marketing, if you have a good game"

APEX is a totally different game, you can say battle royale is the flavour of the month

and entice popular streamers to play your game is a form of marketing

MMO in general has been in a decline for years, just look at blizzard, they wont even publish player subscription now at their quarterly earnings

Little faith? But it won't stop me from playing.

Every single MMO, past, present, and future, is 'dying'. In a way, all of those "x MMO is dying" is correct. A similar comparison is that every single human is slowly dying.

All MMOs will end, at some point. But if that stops you from enjoying it while you have it, then I'd question if you really liked the game, to begin with.

A similar reaction to watching someone off themselves because they found out they aren't immortal, I suppose.

My only concern is that no other MMO will be able to top GW2 for me, at least in the current market. Maybe someone will make something with similar QoL and open world PvP, that is probably the only thing that could top it for me. The lack of traditional questing, the serious QoL upgrades over basically any other MMO. . .these are things that attract me to GW2. And it is only GW2 that has them.

So yeah, maybe I'd play ESO, but I probably won't play another MMO as much as I play GW2 if GW2 ends up going belly-up.

Other than that, I'll enjoy what I have for as long as I have it. Anyone else who enjoys GW2 will do the same.

To be honest... I lost my trust around 2017.

Game release in 2012 caused a lot of controversy. There were alot of disappointed people. But if it comes to me - I knew that at the begining there will be problems with amount of content, bugs, etc, etc. So I didnt panic. Because IMO first two expansions are most important for MMORPG and those shows whats the real direction of the game. Not core game.

With HoT release (after few years) I was really optimistic. It looked like ArenaNet does it well. I mean. They released underdeveloped game (without endgame) in 2012 which had good lore, combat system, potential to grow etc etc. And then with HoT they focused more on PvP (leagues, guild leaderboards, world championships etc etc), and they also finally created PvE (with raids), cause until that PvE in this game was just pathetic. And kind of sad joke tbh. It literally looked like ArenaNet just cant into PvE. And dont understand how this mode works. But with HoT it looked like they finally did their homework.

So after that I exptected that now it will be only better and better. With next expansions and updates.

But then something suddenly changed. They stopped organizing world championships (PvP). They deleted guild leaderboard, and even 5v5 games. Groups were not able to play 5v5 anymore. Just solo O.o Also Gw2 left ESL league. And meantime (around PoF) raids were released once per ~10 months. What's too slow to keep raiders interested in this game. So they're leaving.

Game instead of developing more and more began to regress O.o Huge potential were wasted. And now it may be too late to fix it because game is getting old.

Real PvP players already dont treat GW2 as PvP game.

Real Raiders dont treat GW2 as raiding game.

Both groups of important players avoid this game. We got just casuals which login once per 4 months for 2 hours to do new story episode.

So even if Anet would woke up it may be too late, because alot of people already lost their trust in them :/

But time will show what will happen. I dont care anymore tbh :P No matter what happen. If they'll make this game better - then fine. If game will die - then I'll just move on.

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"battledrone.8315" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > i dont like the amount of pessimistic floating around, I see GW2 still have a VERY health player population

> > >

> > > I see Anet's layoff as more of a change of environment within the entire gaming industry, as we saw the layoffs at Activision Blizzard

> > >

> > > Just as what MightTeapot said on his recent stream, GW2 is the golden goose in the company's portfolio, without GW2 NCSoft will have little presence in the Western market

> > >

> > > What GW2 need more are better marketing, more purchasable cosmetic skins (as players, we need to be a bit less nitpicking on cosmetic faults) at affordable prices, and an economist to rebalance the amount of gold in the economy

> > >

> > > as APEX has shown us, you dont need marketing, if you have a good game

> > and whaling for more cash is a temporary solution at best...one they have been using too much

> >

> >

>

> wait... what? I never said "as APEX has shown us, you dont need marketing, if you have a good game"

>

> APEX is a totally different game, you can say battle royale is the flavour of the month

> and entice popular streamers to play your game is a form of marketing

>

> MMO in general has been in a decline for years, just look at blizzard, they wont even publish player subscription now at their quarterly earnings

come on, BR is saturated, you have to have a REALLY good game to make that impact

wow has been in decline for a long time, because...wait for it..they have used their best people for other projects

mmos are in decline, because the market is is overcrowded with substandard rubbish.

next big one should be astella..im gonna try it at least

People always compare gw2 to wow even though they are completely different sharing only game genre. Wow’s declining because the graphics engine and combat are aged to a point that only vet players that have been playing for yrs have soo much invested in the game still log in. As a new player knowing the investment needed to achieve thing in wow with the very dated graphics and aged combat mechanics I’d be hard to believe wow gains new players often where as gw2 graphics are incredible even today and the combat is much faster. Those differences plus being so casual if arenanet continue focusing on updates/balance and quality content releases there’s no reason it can’t grow from where it’s been last few yrs.my opinion anyway.

I'm not worried about the future, because I won't be spending any cent in the store anymore. I spent many 100s of euro's on GW2, thinking everything was fine with the GW serie. GW1 has been here for a long time which gave me blind faith in having many years to come.

I'm not saying the layoff is the beginning of the end of GW(1/)2, but I rather spend my money elsewhere now and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I love how people are conflating the game, with the corporation, like the game play is the reason they decided to lay people off.

it is management that led to this problem. it is managements job - literally- to utilize resources efficiently. And this game unlike GW1, was not designed to retain a customer base. They milked their simple formula for as long as they could, and is now running dry. What did these employees actually provide to the game in its current state? Are they even needed.

As far as the game itself,

I am guessing the game will not have any new major content, just the same old re-branding of content that was created in the original core game. NPC's given different names, but the player actions will remain the same. Run this errand, or stand in a circle with everyone else mashing your keyboard until the thing inside the particle effects disappears leaving you 4 or 5 items of little value, and no useful purpose. This is GW2

The problem with GW2 is the "too fair" buisness model. Instead of realeasing contents (an entire LW season) and sell it for 50€ every year (like other mmorpg) they just give it FOR FREE chapter by chapter that also make it feel less impacting, imagine an entire LW realeased all ot once, 5 new maps, new raid, new fractal, new story, all at the same time, players would feel full of game contents and take it slowly. What happens now is that the lw chapter is realeased FOR FREE, everyone rush the story in the first hours, and the rest of the content in the next few days, and then? 50% of them just leave.

This + really easy and fast gold farm, gold to spend in gems to buy skins and tools, it's killing the game incomes.

Imo ANET should quit the LW as it is now and release and sell for ~30€ once per year 1 single major update, calling it Living World or Expansion or whatever with all the content they've been working on. And keep the rest as it is, accessible gold farm, a bit lower prices on gem store maybe.

And ye, directX9... ... ...

> @"RedBaron.6058" said:

> Hello all,

>

> After spending thousands of hours and $$ playing GW2 I can only hope the game keeps going.

> But, unfortunately, I fear the worst. This type of restructuring, suddenly implemented, will drive away new players and will make veterans look around for another game to invest their hard earned money.

>

> It means that probably 2019 will see another significant decrease in GW2 revenues unless something really spetacular happens like an extraordinary expansion or any other change that can create and maintain enough hype for people to spend money again in GW2.

>

> Being mainly a WvW player, I feel that GW2 have never reached anywhere near its maximum potential on this area. The funny thing is that the most hardcore GW2 players are probably WvWers...

> PvE, PvP, Raids, etc, everything provides better rewards over time invested than anything you can possibly do in WvW and yet, a few thousand players spend all their free time, year over year, fighting gallantly and desperatly in the same 4 maps and still having fun even during the darkest hours before the dawn!

>

> One final tragically ironic touch was that when finally WvW mounts were about to be released, the sky falled down...

>

> Well, lets see what happens but to be honest I do not have much hope.

>

> Best regards.

Yes exactly! I actually see the selling point of Gw2 is the WvW. It's rare to find a MMORPG with massive vs massive fight like this, which you can always access anytime.

Sure there are other contents for PvE but, aren't all MMO has raid/dungeon etc2, but rarely has a good Massive vs Massive fight.

Also this massive fight doesn't require you to be on the same guild or so, just roll on and if there is commander just follow the commander.