Can developers turn Guild Wars 2 into 《Ready Player One》?

Allow players to upload custom mod models. To be honest, I really want to wear Iron Man's armor challenge Basaze. I like Guild Wars 2, but this game is out of date, now I don't know what to do in the game, I It is believed that Guild Wars 2 must have a leap of change. If there is a game like "Ready Player One" in the future, Guild Wars 2 will definitely lay off again.

I guess it wouldnt be an issue if the custom models were client side so that only you had to see them. I would hate, and I do not use the word hate often, to see a further degredation of the fantasy aesthetic in gw2.

Oh, and every existing game evolves or dies when full immersion VR gaming on a scale with RPO becomes a thing.

out of date how? like graphically? if that's so well imagine moving forward to the next gen graphics mmo every 2-3 years coz new hardware allows it, i wouldn't play mmo's ever again knowing that life span is only about 2-3 years, 4 at best, when i saw the title i thought you meant "yeah give us VR for gw2"

gw2 already has a very nice customization just check how players already made disney princess characters and some other stuff, now if you mean "add any other character 3d mesh into gw2" like people do in left for dead 2 or GTAV aint gonna happen, imo for the same reason you dont see GW2 models out there in those websites that share 3d assets like deviant art or sketchfab, it's very difficult to mod, somewhere time ago i read about extracting/modding gw2 characters and people dont do it for the way how there's no base models (every character is customized at the beginning) and extracting/injecting files into that big gw2 compressed file is a mess, the files doesn't have a specific identifier so you would invest huge amounts of time finding where is the default base female norn mesh, the skeleton, animation files, textures and stuff. Anyway its an interesing idea watching characters from other videogames walking around but it would destroy the "fashion wars" since what's the point of customizing your character till he gets the looks of Link from the legend of zelda if you can already "add" the real Link model extracted from eg: BoTW

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> I guess it wouldnt be an issue if the custom models were client side so that only you had to see them. I would hate, and I do not use the word hate often, to see a further degredation of the fantasy aesthetic in gw2.

>

>

> Oh, and every existing game evolves or dies when full immersion VR gaming on a scale with RPO becomes a thing.

I don't need vr, really, if I can live to that time, I won't wear a helmet to play games, I still like to use the mouse and keyboard.

Legal issues.

Marvel may not like it, becuse it own Iron Man.

Armor mesh. You made it or did you copy/pasted from somewhere else? Can't copy/paste and redistribute other peoples work without original autors permision. Its what copyright means. Right-to-copy.

Its not just can it be done or would devs do it, but would there be potential legal problems.

Somebody watched this movie recently it seems. Whereas I like the idea, I think it would be too much to have any character models what about copyrights? I don't have a proper opinion, good or not? Dunno.

Also, why not allowing the player to use any gw2 character/npc model? But it's just like tonics..

Finally, I don't like VR, but perfectly fine when you can play on computer using first person view. Ueah I know VR CHAT, btw game very close to Ready player one. Go play it!

> @"huluobo.7036" said:

> Allow players to upload custom mod models. To be honest, I really want to wear Iron Man's armor challenge Basaze. I like Guild Wars 2, but this game is out of date, now I don't know what to do in the game, I It is believed that Guild Wars 2 must have a leap of change. If there is a game like "Ready Player One" in the future, Guild Wars 2 will definitely lay off again.

That answer would be a no because this is GW2.

The other "no because" answer you should familiarize yourself with... https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Intellectual+Property

You are welcome!

Some people will do in-game cosplay, and I'm sure I've seen screenshots of an Ironman cosplay. It used the [Gas Mask](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gas_Mask_Skin "Gas Mask") helmet, but I don't remember what else.

But as other people have said there's a number of limitations to letting people upload their own appearances for weapons and armour (and anything else in the game) such as infringing on other people's copyright, which an Ironman costume would certainly do. (I assume this wasn't a problem in Ready Player One due to some combination of the semi-collapse of society and one corporation controlling almost everything - if they didn't hold the copyright then the owner probably wasn't in any position to object.)

But you'd also need some sort of screening process for submissions to avoid the game being filled with...inappropriate content. Interpretations of a certain male body part for one, as happened to EA when they let people play around with the Spore creature creator before the main game was released, and probably every other game that let people submit content without screening it.

And even then you have to deal with the end result. In Ready Player One it looked great because it was a movie and designed to look good (haven't read the book, not sure if they addressed this issue). In reality fan mods range in quality from genuinely incredible to something thrown together in 2 minutes in Paint by someone who has apparently never seen the game before. I like using mods in quite a few games, but I also like them to blend in with the original game and that usually means spending quite a bit of time downloading several versions of the same thing to try and find one which doesn't stick out like a sore thumb as obviously a late addition by someone who totally disregarded the art style and design of the game they were modding.

In an MMO you don't have that option, unless the mods are purely applied client-side, you have to see everything everyone else has chosen to put into the game, all jumbled together. Even in GW2 (which already has a wide variety of styles from realistic medieval to pure sci-fi) it would look a mess.

They realize "Ready Player One" was a bad movie, right? and that the point of it in the movie was making fun of ~~glorified chatrooms~~ "games" like Second Life that already did that and died? and why client-side-only visual mods are illegal? (hint: because players use them to cheat)

> @"huluobo.7036" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > I guess it wouldnt be an issue if the custom models were client side so that only you had to see them. I would hate, and I do not use the word hate often, to see a further degredation of the fantasy aesthetic in gw2.

> >

> >

> > Oh, and every existing game evolves or dies when full immersion VR gaming on a scale with RPO becomes a thing.

>

> I don't need vr, really, if I can live to that time, I won't wear a helmet to play games, I still like to use the mouse and keyboard.

So you don't really want RPO?

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> They realize "Ready Player One" was a bad movie, right? and that the point of it in the movie was making fun of ~~glorified chatrooms~~ "games" like Second Life that already did that and died? and why client-side-only visual mods are illegal? (hint: because players use them to cheat)

I'm pretty sure Second Life is still going, but it's never been as popular as MMORPGs. I've never understood why people telling stories about games seem to think that's the model for the 'perfect' MMO which will dominate the market (and frequently everything else as well). I don't know if they don't realise it's been tried and didn't really catch on, or if they think something's missing and done differently it could work. But it's not just Ready Player One. There's an anime called Summer Wars, which is very similar (just less dystopian), and there's been others too but I can't remember the names.

> @"huluobo.7036" said:

> Allow players to upload custom mod models. To be honest, I really want to wear Iron Man's armor challenge Basaze. I like Guild Wars 2, but this game is out of date, now I don't know what to do in the game, I It is believed that Guild Wars 2 must have a leap of change. If there is a game like "Ready Player One" in the future, Guild Wars 2 will definitely lay off again.

Out of date? Have you ever seen WoW?