Which is currently the most balanced class in the game?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Necro because besides the issue with early scourge. You have a class that has successful builds that don't have access to 1,000 ways to dodge damage while dealing damage or ways to evade with mobility constantly.. I'd say necro and ele are the most because both needs to sacrifice something for damage or something to tank and take damage.

>

> Late note is ele does have alot of dodge with evades on specs but all of them requires massive healing pts.

Note?...you mean it's the only ele spec you can't walk all over with scourge spam..hence it's it deserve a "balance warning" sign am I right?

As all the other side-noders get nerfed Warrior becomes more and more viable without being tuned. The complete lack of any and all changes this patch speaks for itself.

Ele would be a close second though. Don't agree so much with thief as thief is usually changed too much and too drastically. If the changes to lead attacks were reverted it would also be one of the most balanced classes.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > Necro because besides the issue with early scourge. You have a class that has successful builds that don't have access to 1,000 ways to dodge damage while dealing damage or ways to evade with mobility constantly.. I'd say necro and ele are the most because both needs to sacrifice something for damage or something to tank and take damage.

> >

> > Late note is ele does have alot of dodge with evades on specs but all of them requires massive healing pts.

>

> Note?...you mean it's the only ele spec you can't walk all over with scourge spam..hence it's it deserve a "balance warning" sign am I right?

Hey I dont play scourge so I dont know lol. I'm a reaper fan. As for scoure it had Ben nerfed quite well c ok compared to lets say mirage.

> @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> > @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > In my opinion mesmer is the most balanced class in game, change my mind

>

> I think you mean "over balanced"?

>

> From the Distort abuse on signets to countless reflects to solid disengage and kiting tools, stealth, condition spam et cetera et cetera. Or all the blocks and Alacrity spam on Chrono.

>

> Chronobunker is broken. CHECK

> Condi is broken (may be changed tomorrow) CHECK

>

I really that power chorno too. U hear the sound u dodge it's burst. Think you are safe. Here comes second burst. I dodged that. Then it's auto attacks kill you with it's clones in some 2 seconds. The window to kill it is so low. N with distort invis and invun. It can just get away when u do hit it.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> As all the other side-noders get nerfed Warrior becomes more and more viable without being tuned. The complete lack of any and all changes this patch speaks for itself.

>

> Ele would be a close second though. Don't agree so much with thief as thief is usually changed too much and too drastically. If the changes to lead attacks were reverted it would also be one of the most balanced classes.

They should just revert lead attacks back and made the nerf specifically for DE. Tbh DE doesn't need the lead attacks anyway. It's burst with out it is already strong enough to 1 shot.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> They should just revert lead attacks back and made the nerf specifically for DE. Tbh DE doesn't need the lead attacks anyway. It's burst with out it is already strong enough to 1 shot.

Sound, and i'm certain it was changed to cater to all those DE 1-shots to begin with, but really it just made it more tempting to play DE over core or DD. Totally agree there though. When thief can play like old thief, it's actually quite balanced too.

I voted warrior because it's viable but doesn't have anything about it that is extensively unfair. It has just the right amount of tells on the skills.

The only people still dying to FC need to l2p. Honestly FC was fine a couple nerfs ago. People need to learn to actually bind stow weapons to an easily available key.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> I voted warrior because it's viable but doesn't have anything about it that is extensively unfair. It has just the right amount of tells on the skills.

>

> The only people still dying to FC need to l2p. Honestly FC was fine a couple nerfs ago. People need to learn to actually bind stow weapons to an easily available key.

Tell that to Mesmer illusions!

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > I voted warrior because it's viable but doesn't have anything about it that is extensively unfair. It has just the right amount of tells on the skills.

> >

> > The only people still dying to FC need to l2p. Honestly FC was fine a couple nerfs ago. People need to learn to actually bind stow weapons to an easily available key.

>

> Tell that to Mesmer illusions!

Yes, the damage done by the clones must be eliminated :v

I picked ele however I do think they are at the bottom of the spectrum in terms of balance and build options. I understand people think they are "fair", but when the other 8 classes outperform 1 class, it is hard to say this one class is "balanced".

I wont repeat what many have said before in terms of what I think should make the eles the measuring stick for balance, but I will say this:

You should not be getting free stats. Ele's issue is that we cant do damage and sustain (survive!) at the same time within the same build, our base damage and healings have been reduced patch after patch, or not kept up with powercreep, instead we were given decent scaling on them, our defensive options are limited, on high CD and can be niche or have many drawbacks (like invuln which loses decap, or mist form which you cant do anything else, unlike warr stances, or barriers, or access to stab, which we only have ONE skill that gives stability baseline, **ONE**). The problem is that if you equip a damage amulet, you can't barely heal half your 11k base hp (!!!!!!) with a heal, forcing us into vit + toughness right off the bat and going water **AND**/OR arcane, and we dont have enough armor and defense options or fast blasts to blast our limited water fields outside of staff (in fact sword weaver or horn tempest are the only other one with a water field, and it last very little or dont allow for offensive builds/rotations, unlike an engi who can play anything and run healing turret, or ranger with pletora of sustain options, or warrior with adrenal, or scrapper existing, or how literally every single trait line in guardian has an option for self-sustain or improving defense, etc).

**At this point is easier to ask to buff one class, than to nerf 8** . I feel many people picking or thinking ele is "balanced" could be falling into the fallacy of "Rock is fine, nerf Scissors. - love, Paper" since barely anybody "fear" eles. The amount of times I have been harassed in ranked for playing ele.... at this point I might start taking screenshots to show it (I would have to unblock a bunch of people, but i think it is worth going through it if thats what it takes)

> @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > I voted warrior because it's viable but doesn't have anything about it that is extensively unfair. It has just the right amount of tells on the skills.

> > >

> > > The only people still dying to FC need to l2p. Honestly FC was fine a couple nerfs ago. People need to learn to actually bind stow weapons to an easily available key.

> >

> > Tell that to Mesmer illusions!

>

>

> Yes, the damage done by the clones must be eliminated :v

I would be happy if that were the case

> @"Nekromalistik.7045" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > I voted warrior because it's viable but doesn't have anything about it that is extensively unfair. It has just the right amount of tells on the skills.

> > >

> > > The only people still dying to FC need to l2p. Honestly FC was fine a couple nerfs ago. People need to learn to actually bind stow weapons to an easily available key.

> >

> > Tell that to Mesmer illusions!

>

>

> Yes, the damage done by the clones must be eliminated :v

I would love it if mesmer didn't have shatters, infinite horizon and clones were completely intangible and couldn't cause physical harm and 100% based around disrupting enemy targeting like D&D illusionists and mesmer damage being rebalanced around this.

Warrior.

Warrior is incredibly fair and does things you would expect from the name warrior. It doesn't have uncharacteristic teleporting like guardian. It can faceroll, but doing so is fatal. You don't feel confused when it suddenly ignores damage. And you don't feel cheated when fighting one.

Thief feels under powered. I would slightly revert the auto nerfs, default preparedness, and adjust the traits to better reward thief for pulling off hard things, and lower the cost of interrupt skills.

Elementalist feels underpowered. But weaver feels like it carries the player too much.

Condi Mesmer needs to be nocked down. Or adjust cleansing skills to give a brief moment of respite.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> Warrior.

>

> Warrior is incredibly fair and does things you would expect from the name warrior. It doesn't have uncharacteristic teleporting like guardian. It can faceroll, but doing so is fatal. You don't feel confused when it suddenly ignores damage. And you don't feel cheated when fighting one.

>

> Thief feels under powered. I would slightly revert the auto nerfs, default preparedness, and adjust the traits to better reward thief for pulling off hard things, and lower the cost of interrupt skills.

>

> Elementalist feels underpowered. But weaver feels like it carries the player too much.

>

> Condi Mesmer needs to be nocked down. Or adjust cleansing skills to give a brief moment of respite.

weaver ~~feels like it ~~ **carries** the player too much.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > Warrior.

> >

> > Warrior is incredibly fair and does things you would expect from the name warrior. It doesn't have uncharacteristic teleporting like guardian. It can faceroll, but doing so is fatal. You don't feel confused when it suddenly ignores damage. And you don't feel cheated when fighting one.

> >

> > Thief feels under powered. I would slightly revert the auto nerfs, default preparedness, and adjust the traits to better reward thief for pulling off hard things, and lower the cost of interrupt skills.

> >

> > Elementalist feels underpowered. But weaver feels like it carries the player too much.

> >

> > Condi Mesmer needs to be nocked down. Or adjust cleansing skills to give a brief moment of respite.

>

> weaver ~~feels like it ~~ **carries** the player too much.

It's all because of the fundamental design of the spec. It doesn't matter how much Anet tinkers with weaver, it will never be interactive to play as or against, regardless of how weak or powerful it becomes.