Warclaw destroyed my class

Zakuchi.8120

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

You sound like

'im completely build up for one aspect of the gamemode and expect everyone to respect it'

Sometimes i roam around with a group of 5 and see a 20 man group

That 20 man group want to engage out 5 people without a problem

If we gank one out who misspotitioned we the bad Guy?

It's part of the gamemode, get over it

thats right, like i said in another post, you should be able to get punished when you are off tag or out of position, but now what? just mount up and run because the chances of being dismounted is fairly low due to the 3 dodges/leaps. Also this mount promotes horrible game play, mount engagement are almost 100% of the times due to the mobility it provides people tend to just stay mounted all the time. Say goodbye to the empower/veil tactics and also i see some ppl in zerg fights stay mounted just waiting to insta stomp the down the opposition.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> Please you guys consider anything that beats you a cheese build because you can never fathom actually trying to get better in a game mode. Zzzzz.

I almost thought your argument was legit and constructive

Wvw is sandbox game with dynamics of multiple sources

This is a forum, some opinions get Stated here

Disagreeing is fine, if you feel offended by other opinions ..this might not be the right place for you

So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

K.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

>

> K.

There's one aspect of these mounts that concerns me the most, and it's this actually. Dying during a zerg should have repercussions, if you can return to the main fight blob in less than a minute or so thanks to mounts, this could lead to unending blob fights.

Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

I am betting that eventually ANet adds dismounting traps as a way to allow roamers to set up ambushes for such situations.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> >

> > K.

>

> There's one aspect of these mounts that concerns me the most, and it's this actually. Dying during a zerg should have repercussions, if you can return to the main fight blob in less than a minute or so thanks to mounts, this could lead to unending blob fights.

>

> Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

>

> I am betting that eventually ANet adds dismounting traps as a way to allow roamers to set up ambushes for such situations.

I agree with you 100%, and I mentioned those issues a few times during discussions before the patch. That your mount gives you even more speed in friendly territory means if you are dominating the map, you can get back to tag even faster.

But I think that would only apply to solo roaming - 2+ players should be able to take down a mount before the target gets out of range, though this might require more roamers to focus on ranged attacks vs. melee (boo for Condi Mirage, yay for Power Mirage I guess). /shrug

EDIT: and yeah, ANET seems to think that new tricks & traps are the solution to all the ills of WvW lol

> @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

>

> "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

The mount actually cuts health in about half and lowers most other stats as well. You have speed but like the char car you can be easily damaged.

I had a rider running passed me and had him down to half health before he got out of range. If I had one other ranger with me he wouldn’t have survived.

It’s not op, but it’s fast.

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> >

> > "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

>

> How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

Actually I did a 13k Evis on an ele :x

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> >

> > K.

>

>

> Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

>

Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as fuck. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> > >

> > > "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

> >

> > How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

>

> Actually I did a 13k Evis on an ele :x

Yeah but you still would've had to build that Adrenaline before-hand.. Stop pointing out flaws. xD

But sure, roamers are useless because we don't take Camps or kill Dolys that stop Towers/Keeps upgrading to make life easier for the zerg to take them, my bad T3 is too easy to taken down when sieged up compared to T0, geez what was i thinking when i woke up this morning..

Killing returning zerg players is also another really good tactic, it stems to flow of people getting back to the zerg and again, helps YOUR zerg because there's now X less person/people getting back into the fight but hey-ho, fighting 60 is easier than 20, right? ;)

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> >

> > "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

>

> How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

Do you know what one stun breaker does against a stun-lock warrior? Absolutely nothing. You know what three do? Prolongs your death. I know this as both someone who has tried to fight one and as someone who used to run the build because it was hilarious for like 10 minutes. Sorry, I just laugh about the "bring a stun break" argument everytime i see it.

> @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> > >

> > > "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

> >

> > How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

>

> Do you know what one stun breaker does against a stun-lock warrior? Absolutely nothing. You know what three do? Prolongs your death. I know this as both someone who has tried to fight one and as someone who used to run the build because it was hilarious for like 10 minutes. Sorry, I just laugh about the "bring a stun break" argument everytime i see it.

>

>

Would that be the stun-lock Warriors that you hardly ever see? 90% of Warriors (If we're being this specific) have 2 low-ish CD stuns, if they're running Rampage sure it's more but kiting is a thing and is still one of the best counters to a Warrior. In the last year, i've only fought 1 Warrior who run Hammer - Mace/Shield. Otherwise it's Dagger (Rarely since damage nerf) or Axe and nearly always GS due to mobility.

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> > > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > The mobility isn't the main issue though, it's the fact that if you play for example Warrior, unless you're running Zerker Rifle, you have no range to even slow the Mount down, let alone kill it or engage the player that's on it unless they decide they actually want to fight you...

> > > >

> > > > "it's the fact that if you play for example Soldier, unless you're running RPG, you have no way to slow the tank down". people crying about their cheese one hit kill tactics nullified by a mount. this is better than the mount itself lol

> > >

> > > How many cheese 1-shot Warrior's have you run into? Unless you're a squishy light armour class running full berserker with 12k hp, there's only 1 thing that'll 'one-shot' you and that's Killshot/Gunflame which are both easy to see coming. Also don't anyone reply with the response of 'stun-locking' because all classes have a stun breaker and should run at least 1 no matter what you're doing in WvW. (Roaming/zerging/blobbing).

> >

> > Do you know what one stun breaker does against a stun-lock warrior? Absolutely nothing. You know what three do? Prolongs your death. I know this as both someone who has tried to fight one and as someone who used to run the build because it was hilarious for like 10 minutes. Sorry, I just laugh about the "bring a stun break" argument everytime i see it.

> >

> >

>

> Would that be the stun-lock Warriors that you hardly ever see? 90% of Warriors (If we're being this specific) have 2 low-ish CD stuns, if they're running Rampage sure it's more but kiting is a thing and is still one of the best counters to a Warrior. In the last year, i've only fought 1 Warrior who run Hammer - Mace/Shield. Otherwise it's Dagger (Rarely since damage nerf) or Axe and nearly always GS due to mobility.

Never said they were prevalent just that building to counter them was pointless. Furthermore, there is so much CC and condi thrown around in this game that if you spec to counter one, you're not going to counter the other. In short, people are going to keep playing what they like, and sure some tweaks still need to happen with the mount, but anyone arguing that their build is dead because of it is just being overly dramatic.

I hear they are just getting rid of thief class but instead of a class chef/cooking will be an instant max profession/craft. When marked or revealed it will provide an extra ingredient to cook with. As well the dismounting trap is going to be a consumable that has the name of a precursor weapon laying on the ground where when you are dismounted it summons branded centaur tornado's.

I mean that would be more useful than the traps we have on thief anyways lol. Even without the centaur tornado's. lol

With the mount, Anet has taken the classes with mobility, speed and movement, has put them into a dark room, has beaten them, and left the corpse with its head sunk into the toilet.

Classes like thief daredevil, with a build based on shadows and acrobatics, and yes, this build is so funny but is useles vs metabuilds.

But is funny

I like to play with these builds although many fans of the WvW it seems like to a anathema.

Classes like these were very mobile and could escape many problems, but with the introduction of the mount what they have done is a bad joke.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> Yeah, I agree with the majority of posters here. Those cheesy high mobility builds are what killed roaming. Let's be real here, with how important mobility is in roaming you are giving up almost nothing for it. And yet, you still get to keep the highest advantage of that insane mobility, the ability to disengage while in combat. Out of combat mobility is secondary to disengage potential in importance. Though I can see how disengaging will be not be as OP as it used to be, because your opponent can then mount up and go towards the opposite direction. You can't use disengage to try to gank the same person over and over again until you win, how terrible!

Basically, the biggest weepers are out to look for a fight. Unless it's a real fight where they could actually lose, in which case they are suddenly nowhere to be seen after they realize they can't 1 shot their target.

Wait, I just summarized wvw in general.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > >

> > > K.

> >

>

> >

> > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> >

>

> Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

>

>

As a roamer, I'll do whatever's effective in helping my team. If that's repeatedly ganking the same scourge and herald players (and the occasional staff ele) just trying to return to their zerg, then so be it. I have no qualms about limiting the size of the zerg attacking my team's objectives. If that frustrates those players, then they should work on surviving the zerg fights they're built for so they aren't forced into the 1v1s roaming builds are built for on their return trip.

Mounts won't mean the end of ganking respawning zerg builds. It'll just mean more soulbeasts will be doing the ganking as ranged burst will be king in taking down a mounted player.

Due to the high damage from one trick pony builds line perma stealth back stab etc forums are filled eith thief op threads. Given its high evade up time and tele’s it shouldn’t have a lot of hp or blocks rightly so but it’s damage on it majorly of skills are garbage and will remain so because reasons above.other than those one truck pony builds it hits most meta builds like a mosquito than the opponent gets mad cuz it has to disengage calling it cheesy again lol cant win but hey atleast thief got the awsome reapeter change right haha :) glad they nurfed DE though,now scrappers gyro has equivalent of perma stealth with a spec having more hp/sustain,more damage and great mobility :) that’s arenanet. Why can’t thiefs backstab and other such sneaky mechanics have mediocre damage but good utility and the normal combat skills have damage suitable to its glassyness so it can stand a chance in a fight without using mechanics that people will always consider cheese and avoid it alway being made at a disadvantage as it is now?

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > >

> > > > K.

> > >

> >

> > >

> > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > >

> >

> > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> >

> >

>

> As a roamer, I'll do whatever's effective in helping my team. If that's repeatedly ganking the same scourge and herald players (and the occasional staff ele) just trying to return to their zerg, then so be it. I have no qualms about limiting the size of the zerg attacking my team's objectives. If that frustrates those players, then they should work on surviving the zerg fights they're built for so they aren't forced into the 1v1s roaming builds are built for on their return trip.

>

> Mounts won't mean the end of ganking respawning zerg builds. It'll just mean more soulbeasts will be doing the ganking as ranged burst will be king in taking down a mounted player.

Maybe you didn't notice

They have no cleanses

Condi traps are soo effective