Warclaw destroyed my class

Zakuchi.8120

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > > >

> > > > > K.

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > As a roamer, I'll do whatever's effective in helping my team. If that's repeatedly ganking the same scourge and herald players (and the occasional staff ele) just trying to return to their zerg, then so be it. I have no qualms about limiting the size of the zerg attacking my team's objectives. If that frustrates those players, then they should work on surviving the zerg fights they're built for so they aren't forced into the 1v1s roaming builds are built for on their return trip.

> >

> > Mounts won't mean the end of ganking respawning zerg builds. It'll just mean more soulbeasts will be doing the ganking as ranged burst will be king in taking down a mounted player.

>

> Maybe you didn't notice

> They have no cleanses

> Condi traps are soo effective

>

Mounts also ignore immobilize. Sure, traps might do the trick if the mount hits enough of them. I'd still put longbow burst as the more guaranteed gank.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > K.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > As a roamer, I'll do whatever's effective in helping my team. If that's repeatedly ganking the same scourge and herald players (and the occasional staff ele) just trying to return to their zerg, then so be it. I have no qualms about limiting the size of the zerg attacking my team's objectives. If that frustrates those players, then they should work on surviving the zerg fights they're built for so they aren't forced into the 1v1s roaming builds are built for on their return trip.

> > >

> > > Mounts won't mean the end of ganking respawning zerg builds. It'll just mean more soulbeasts will be doing the ganking as ranged burst will be king in taking down a mounted player.

> >

> > Maybe you didn't notice

> > They have no cleanses

> > Condi traps are soo effective

> >

>

> Mounts also ignore immobilize. Sure, traps might do the trick if the mount hits enough of them. I'd still put longbow burst as the more guaranteed gank.

Wasnt talking about immob

More about the Total amount of condi damage, larger then their health

It forces Them to dismount

But yeah they still run away

> @"Zakuchi.8120" said:

> Anet's ambitious strategy of trying to bring new players to WvW had little effect, the new comers was gone as fast as they came. All the warclaw did is now give EVERY class mobility and destroyed the reason to play high mobility classes. A bit disappointed im not going to lie...

>

> I would really like to hear back from any of the devs about what they think, i mean im all for trying to bring in new players but did they consider the mobility part of this?

let me guess, you're a thief...

I actually love this thread. Because all the players who are completely incapable of fighting without a massive zerg are outing themselves in the thread.

"Warclaw makes it easier for me to run to zergs therefore warclaw is awesome!" -Zerglings 2019.

Keep on outing yourselves XD

> @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> Reminder: "High mobility" is code for cheesy thief and mesmer builds.

>

> Don't know about you folks but thanks to warclaw I now take many other classes and builds into WvW.

I thought it was code for double rocket boots, stealth mount, thats what ive been using it for :/

I dont get all of the people saying xy is whining about the mount so he has to be a ganking thief. Let me tell you something, i am that ganking thief you all whine about, even though i usually 1v1 and dont gank, whatever. The point is that i have, as a d/p thief, not much problem taking these mounts down, i mean sure its a little harder and i have to burn a few skills to do so, but the guy is getting cced after i take down the mount and has to either press a stunbreaker, or i just burst him for the time, so its not that much of an issue. I can take these mounts down because of my high mobility so the thiefs arnt the ones that get hit with this mount. Its the other roamers who struggle to take down a mount because they lack the mobility to do so like warrior, holo, s/d weaver, maybe a bonbeast without lb or a guard because he only has 1-2 ports so hell struggle aswell and all of the roaming necros who where a really rare sight anyway have a really hard time now, too. The mount forces now roamers who didnt have a lot of port skills or ranged dps to reskill and switch to classes that do. That is the main problem with the mount, it limits class viablity and build diversity in a gamemode where people were asking about more build diversity for years. And the mount is not propperly tested, because you can jump into towers, keeps etc with it and bypass gates, but thats a diffrent issue.

Edit: Another nice side effect is, that i dont kill people after i downed them. I let them in downstate run ooc, mount up, come back and finish them with engage skill, because thats the only way how a roamer can get the archievment.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > >

> > > K.

> >

>

> >

> > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> >

>

> Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

>

>

So, when your Zerg runs over my havoc, send me your rewards or, refuse to give your Zerg buffs or do damage.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> >

> > K.

>

> There's one aspect of these mounts that concerns me the most, and it's this actually. Dying during a zerg should have repercussions, if you can return to the main fight blob in less than a minute or so thanks to mounts, this could lead to unending blob fights.

>

> Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

>

> I am betting that eventually ANet adds dismounting traps as a way to allow roamers to set up ambushes for such situations.

one could also add a cooldown to mount usage if you waypoint after being defeated. then you can just return to a lost fight slowly and are able to get easier ganked. but it wont affect people joining a map with tag on the other side of the map for example.

> @"Sniper.5961" said:

> I dont get all of the people saying xy is whining about the mount so he has to be a ganking thief. Let me tell you something, i am that ganking thief you all whine about, even though i usually 1v1 and dont gank, whatever. The point is that i have, as a d/p thief, not much problem taking these mounts down, i mean sure its a little harder and i have to burn a few skills to do so, but the guy is getting cced after i take down the mount and has to either press a stunbreaker, or i just burst him for the time, so its not that much of an issue. I can take these mounts down because of my high mobility so the thiefs arnt the ones that get hit with this mount. Its the other roamers who struggle to take down a mount because they lack the mobility to do so like warrior, holo, s/d weaver, maybe a bonbeast without lb or a guard because he only has 1-2 ports so hell struggle aswell and all of the roaming necros who where a really rare sight anyway have a really hard time now, too. The mount forces now roamers who didnt have a lot of port skills or ranged dps to reskill and switch to classes that do. That is the main problem with the mount, it limits class viablity and build diversity in a gamemode where people were asking about more build diversity for years. And the mount is not propperly tested, because you can jump into towers, keeps etc with it and bypass gates, but thats a diffrent issue.

> Edit: Another nice side effect is, that i dont kill people after i downed them. I let them in downstate run ooc, mount up, come back and finish them with engage skill, because thats the only way how a roamer can get the archievment.

You are not talking about roamers. You are talking about people looking for fights. That's not roaming. That's an unintented and unwanted playstyle for the game mode. Look at the balance patch notes! Look at the gear stats! Eerything is balanced for large scale encounters. Roaming is camp-/tower-flipping, scouting and slowing down reinforcements.

WvW is an objective based game mode and not a duelling based one.

And you can still snipe people off their mount and kill them to slow them down on their way to the zerg with ranger or thief squads. The effort needed is now just way more in line with the result.

Everyone in this thread celebrating the fact that they arent going to get killed as much is really telling.

If you couldnt kill anyone before, you definitely wont be able to do that now....but I'd guess no one in here was doing much killing in the first place. lol

But congratulations...now you can take your trash build into WvW and spend hours running from those toxic pvpers trying to kill you while you happily run away and /laugh at them. What a time to be alive.

> @"jakt.9381" said:

> Everyone in this thread celebrating the fact that they arent going to get killed as much is really telling.

> If you couldnt kill anyone before, you definitely wont be able to do that now....but I'd guess no one in here was doing much killing in the first place. lol

> But congratulations...now you can take your trash build into WvW and spend hours running from those toxic pvpers trying to kill you while you happily run away and /laugh at them. What a time to be alive.

And what exactly would be the point of running around on a mount in WvW and doing nothing else?

Protip: players with "trash build(s)" who "couldn't kill anyone" will get farmed by NPCs while trying to solo a camp. So unless the people you describe are just running around capping ruins and sentries, the people you describe exist only in your mind and rhetoric.

A true Roamer would welcome the mount to get to places (now with more options with their builds). Only tears I see are from the gankers who are only there to feed their ego (creating youtube channel etc) vs people are not built to 1vs1.

For me the mounts has made WvW a lot more fun and more action along with less travel time. People zerg because they enjoy the zerg battles while roamers do solo missions etc, gankers brings nothing to the game mode (people will go another path anyways if needed as that ganker will just camp at the same spot as usual).

Happy to let the gankers die off to make room for players who do contribute their team.

> @"biczkowski.2961" said:

> "Help, I can't gank people who are not interested in nor have a build for 1on1 fighting". That's what you sound like. Sad.

Goddamn those roamers must have hurt you bad? I'm sure you never kill 1 guy or maybe a few with the whole zerg. Damn why is everyone but me so evil?!

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU "https://youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU")

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > >

> > > > K.

> > >

> >

> > >

> > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > >

> >

> > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> >

> >

>

> So, when your Zerg runs over my havoc, send me your rewards or, refuse to give your Zerg buffs or do damage.

>

>

>

You did catch the part where I compared it with a 40-man blob overruning a 5-man roaming/havoc group? They are equally ridiculous.

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > > >

> > > > > K.

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So, when your Zerg runs over my havoc, send me your rewards or, refuse to give your Zerg buffs or do damage.

> >

> >

> >

>

> You did catch the part where I compared it with a 40-man blob overruning a 5-man roaming/havoc group? They are equally ridiculous.

Oh I caught that. Thing is, people won’t run **from** the opportunity to do that. OR give the commander a hard time when they lead people over that 5. So, when you start calling that commander out, or avoiding getting a ‘hit’ on any of the downs or players there.

Which would be equally ludicrous to ask a 5 man havoc team to not kill solo’s running back to the Zerg, because.., you know.., havoc.

But it’s easier and more PC to call that havoc group **gankers**because of course they are only looking to kil solos. (And if someone needs it here is a ‘/s’ for that last part)

> @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> A true Roamer would welcome the mount to get to places (now with more options with their builds). Only tears I see are from the gankers who are only there to feed their ego (creating youtube channel etc) vs people are not built to 1vs1.

>

> For me the mounts has made WvW a lot more fun and more action along with less travel time. People zerg because they enjoy the zerg battles while roamers do solo missions etc, gankers brings nothing to the game mode (people will go another path anyways if needed as that ganker will just camp at the same spot as usual).

>

> Happy to let the gankers die off to make room for players who do contribute their team.

The problem with this is... "gankers" arent going to have any problems engaging mounts. They will trait all the damage and all the teleports to take out mounts.

What's going to have a big problem taking down mounts and actually initiating fights in enemy territory... the casual roamer. Especially those wanting "more options" with their builds.

This wouldnt really be a problem if the mount had low enough hp that even a bunker could take it out, but it dont. 12k hp even without toughness is a fair bit to knock off if you are in enemy territory and the enemy mount is running 50% faster than you.

I've been thinking of leaving my roamer mirage entirerly after the gyro scrapper changes, but I dont think I will be able to run a condi scrapper soon anymore. I cant do anything to mounts when roaming. CC doesnt work, I cant pull them. I cant shoot them down, I only have 900 range and pathetic autoattack damage. They're not going to bleed to death by the eqvivalent of mosquito bites. I can get a lucky blowtorch in as they zoom by, but once the mount dies... they're like 3000+ range ahead. I dont even catch them again, they just cleanse and remount. It works now with meh roamers and people getting used to the mount. I seriously doubt it'll work in the future.

So yeah... "more options". I call humbug. Mounts will pigeonhole roamers. Zerglings catching up to zergs will be more than happy though.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > K.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So, when your Zerg runs over my havoc, send me your rewards or, refuse to give your Zerg buffs or do damage.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You did catch the part where I compared it with a 40-man blob overruning a 5-man roaming/havoc group? They are equally ridiculous.

>

> Oh I caught that. Thing is, people won’t run **from** the opportunity to do that. OR give the commander a hard time when they lead people over that 5. So, when you start calling that commander out, or avoiding getting a ‘hit’ on any of the downs or players there.

>

> Which would be equally ludicrous to ask a 5 man havoc team to not kill solo’s running back to the Zerg, because.., you know.., havoc.

>

> But it’s easier and more PC to call that havoc group **gankers**because of course they are only looking to kil solos. (And if someone needs it here is a ‘/s’ for that last part)

No respectable 40-man zerg seeks out fights with 5-man havoc guilds unless they are actively taking an objective. The guilds I have been in certainly don't, and anyone that tries to engage such a group that isn't actively harassing us is chastised for squirrelling.

My beef with both examples is that neither is remotely close to a reasonably fair fight. A havoc group may be able to escape such an encounter, but they aren't going to win it. Likewise, neither is a zerg player going to have a chance against a stealthy, mobile, one-shot build targeting them.

If your purpose is to seek out easy kills and to run away from fights where you can't roflstomp someone, then you are the problem.

I like the mount's mobility because it enables people to get into places where they can actually enjoy the game, which will keep them playing. I don't really like some other aspects of it, but avoiding spawn ganks is the best part of the concept.

> @"Sniper.5961" said:

> I can take these mounts down because of my high mobility so the thiefs arnt the ones that get hit with this mount. Its the other roamers who struggle to take down a mount because they lack the mobility to do so like warrior, holo, s/d weaver, maybe a bonbeast without lb or a guard because he only has 1-2 ports so hell struggle aswell and all of the roaming necros who where a really rare sight anyway have a really hard time now, too. The mount forces now roamers who didnt have a lot of port skills or ranged dps to reskill and switch to classes that do. That is the main problem with the mount, it limits class viablity and build diversity in a gamemode where people were asking about more build diversity for years.

surprise surprise. @"Swagger.1459" where you at. this sort touches on your whole wvw mobility skills idea doesn't it?

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > So the OP is upset that because of mounts, a high mobility ganker running a duelist build can't ambush full zerk geared Zerg players running back to tag, which means the only other players they can fight are equally high mobility gankers with duelist builds, which might actually be challenging.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > K.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Having some people be able to ambush respawners is a totally legit strategy to cut the resupply of their zerg, but it looks like this isn't possible any longer.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Absolutely the best effect of mounts. Spawn camping and ganking zerg-built players just trying to return to the zerg is no less ridiculous than a 40-man blob overrunning a 5-man roaming group. They're both annoying as kitten. If you get your enjoyment from playing in a way that enrages other players and ruins the fun for them, that's just sad.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So, when your Zerg runs over my havoc, send me your rewards or, refuse to give your Zerg buffs or do damage.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You did catch the part where I compared it with a 40-man blob overruning a 5-man roaming/havoc group? They are equally ridiculous.

> >

> > Oh I caught that. Thing is, people won’t run **from** the opportunity to do that. OR give the commander a hard time when they lead people over that 5. So, when you start calling that commander out, or avoiding getting a ‘hit’ on any of the downs or players there.

> >

> > Which would be equally ludicrous to ask a 5 man havoc team to not kill solo’s running back to the Zerg, because.., you know.., havoc.

> >

> > But it’s easier and more PC to call that havoc group **gankers**because of course they are only looking to kil solos. (And if someone needs it here is a ‘/s’ for that last part)

>

> No respectable 40-man zerg seeks out fights with 5-man havoc guilds unless they are actively taking an objective. The guilds I have been in certainly don't, and anyone that tries to engage such a group that isn't actively harassing us is chastised for squirrelling.

But will they go out of their way to avoid them? No.

>

> My beef with both examples is that neither is remotely close to a reasonably fair fight. A havoc group may be able to escape such an encounter, but they aren't going to win it. Likewise, neither is a zerg player going to have a chance against a stealthy, mobile, one-shot build targeting them.

>

WvW isn’t about ‘fair fights’. I expect to be Zerged down when Havocing. It’s actually funny to us. People that get caught returning to their Zerg are as fair game as any other player. Do I seek them out? Nope. But part of havoc is to be behind the ‘lines’ so taking those solos out is part of it. Camping spawn is bad form no mater what game you play.

> If your purpose is to seek out easy kills and to run away from fights where you can't roflstomp someone, then you are the problem.

Yes because that is all Havoc does. /s

>

> I like the mount's mobility because it enables people to get into places where they can actually enjoy the game, which will keep them playing. I don't really like some other aspects of it, but avoiding spawn ganks is the best part of the concept.

I can agree with this. But what people fail to realize? Those people that like to ‘spawn gank’ will adjust. They will take a stun or two and run full glassy range, those mounts and players will fall still. If you think the ‘one shot’ builds were bad before then buckle up. It’s about to get worse,

All I wanted was a Dolyak mount that gave me 33% movement speed while mounted and nothing else, so that I could roam on a Necromancer more efficiently. But no, the WvW community always flamed people like me for daring to make such a request and insisted mounts would never come to WvW and overall were just very rude.

So now, I am laughing my ass off reading all these threads. As a roaming Reaper on a low pop server that just wants to flip camps and towers and engage in small scale fights, I LOVE this new mount. But perhaps even more, I LOVE that you guys are so triggered by this mount's existence. So keep them complaints coming, the forums have been pretty entertaining lately. :p

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Sniper.5961" said:

> > I can take these mounts down because of my high mobility so the thiefs arnt the ones that get hit with this mount. Its the other roamers who struggle to take down a mount because they lack the mobility to do so like warrior, holo, s/d weaver, maybe a bonbeast without lb or a guard because he only has 1-2 ports so hell struggle aswell and all of the roaming necros who where a really rare sight anyway have a really hard time now, too. The mount forces now roamers who didnt have a lot of port skills or ranged dps to reskill and switch to classes that do. That is the main problem with the mount, it limits class viablity and build diversity in a gamemode where people were asking about more build diversity for years.

>

> surprise surprise. @"Swagger.1459" where you at. this sort touches on your whole wvw mobility skills idea doesn't it?

>

Totally!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills