The utility of the warclaw in the PvE environnement.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > The Warclaw also is available way earlier than the Jackal or any other PoF mount for that matter. We are going in circles.

> > >

> > > And? The Raptor is also available way earlier than any other PoF mount for that matter. Does that mean the Raptor makes the other mounts redundant?

> > >

> >

> > The raptor requires:

> > - completion of a story step which new player might not want to do out of order or risk getting spoiled story wise

> > - requires significant mastery investment to achieve decent vertical movement (rank 3)

> > - requires enough mastery points to gain access to these abilities. Mastery points which are not as easily available when entering PoF as new player

> >

> > The Warclaw circumvents all of this with basically 1 skill point in WvW which is attained multiple time over while gaining the short collection achievements.

>

> This ignores the fact that a lot more than one rank point is required to unlock all the warclaw abilities in wvw. 126 rank points are needed to unlock all warclaw masteries: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw

>

> 126 rank points is an investment at least on par with the mastery investment you mention above for the raptor. The last mastery level on the warclaw isn't fantastic. Ignoring that one, a person still needs 91 rank points for the warclaw. That presents hours of investment by the (new) wvw player.

Yes, and this is relevant to the Warclaws PvE functionality how? In order to unlock it for PvE use you need how many WvW rank points exactly? What is this thread about again?

Context please.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"killfil.3472" said:

> Before I get slaughtered by a tsunami of "It ain't meant for PvE BOI"

Obligatory it ain't meant for PvE BOI

> Dont increase it's speed, or anything other than the following : its health. Let's say by 100%.

>

> Its utility wouldn't be speed or its attack, but rather, its tankyness and the safety it would so provide while traveling.

>

> I perfectly understand that it is an absolutly unnecessary change, I just thought I could suggest a thing...

Slow tanky WvW boi out of water that's absolutely useless in PvE except to sit on. Still fills the current status quo. I mean, why not? Sure. Now you can survive 0.5 seconds longer in the Desolation from Awakened condi bomb.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > The Warclaw also is available way earlier than the Jackal or any other PoF mount for that matter. We are going in circles.

> > > >

> > > > And? The Raptor is also available way earlier than any other PoF mount for that matter. Does that mean the Raptor makes the other mounts redundant?

> > > >

> > >

> > > The raptor requires:

> > > - completion of a story step which new player might not want to do out of order or risk getting spoiled story wise

> > > - requires significant mastery investment to achieve decent vertical movement (rank 3)

> > > - requires enough mastery points to gain access to these abilities. Mastery points which are not as easily available when entering PoF as new player

> > >

> > > The Warclaw circumvents all of this with basically 1 skill point in WvW which is attained multiple time over while gaining the short collection achievements.

> >

> > This ignores the fact that a lot more than one rank point is required to unlock all the warclaw abilities in wvw. 126 rank points are needed to unlock all warclaw masteries: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw

> >

> > 126 rank points is an investment at least on par with the mastery investment you mention above for the raptor. The last mastery level on the warclaw isn't fantastic. Ignoring that one, a person still needs 91 rank points for the warclaw. That presents hours of investment by the (new) wvw player.

>

> Yes, and this is relevant to the Warclaws PvE functionality how? In order to unlock it for PvE use you need how many WvW rank points exactly? What is this thread about again?

>

> Context please.

Those of us who play WvW have put substantial WvW hours so we can unlock the mount capabilities in WvW. Obviously **we can also use the mount in PvE**, however the fact that we have spent substantial hours in WvW in order to have a mount that is useful for WvW should not be ignored. Many, if not most of us, have the PvE mounts. That means that we have had to spend time getting the PvE masteries, **along with** a lot of WvW rank points for our mounts.

For those PvE players who go into WvW only to get the mount, congratulations to them. Path of Fire has been out since September 2017. If they had only waited until March 2019 (18 months since release) they could have received a mount that doesn't need mastery points.

Why don't you do a poll and see what number of **PoF mastery points** are held by people who have the WvW mount? Include the mastery points that are not assigned to a mastery (I have ones "left over"). To get all skills on the raptor, 10 mastery points are required. **If the majority of people with the WvW mount have at least 10 PoF mastery points, they have spent "investment" in PvE time.**

LOL at 10 mastery points being a "significant investment". I've seen people call out in map chat for help getting to a mastery point. Heck, I've even portaled at least one person to a mastery point. Teleport to a friend is another method.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > > > @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > The Warclaw also is available way earlier than the Jackal or any other PoF mount for that matter. We are going in circles.

> > > > >

> > > > > And? The Raptor is also available way earlier than any other PoF mount for that matter. Does that mean the Raptor makes the other mounts redundant?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The raptor requires:

> > > > - completion of a story step which new player might not want to do out of order or risk getting spoiled story wise

> > > > - requires significant mastery investment to achieve decent vertical movement (rank 3)

> > > > - requires enough mastery points to gain access to these abilities. Mastery points which are not as easily available when entering PoF as new player

> > > >

> > > > The Warclaw circumvents all of this with basically 1 skill point in WvW which is attained multiple time over while gaining the short collection achievements.

> > >

> > > This ignores the fact that a lot more than one rank point is required to unlock all the warclaw abilities in wvw. 126 rank points are needed to unlock all warclaw masteries: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw

> > >

> > > 126 rank points is an investment at least on par with the mastery investment you mention above for the raptor. The last mastery level on the warclaw isn't fantastic. Ignoring that one, a person still needs 91 rank points for the warclaw. That presents hours of investment by the (new) wvw player.

> >

> > Yes, and this is relevant to the Warclaws PvE functionality how? In order to unlock it for PvE use you need how many WvW rank points exactly? What is this thread about again?

> >

> > Context please.

>

> Those of us who play WvW have put substantial WvW hours so we can unlock the mount capabilities in WvW. Obviously **we can also use the mount in PvE**, however the fact that we have spent substantial hours in WvW in order to have a mount that is useful for WvW should not be ignored. Many, if not most of us, have the PvE mounts. That means that we have had to spend time getting the PvE masteries, **along with** a lot of WvW rank points for our mounts.

>

> For those PvE players who go into WvW only to get the mount, congratulations to them. Path of Fire has been out since September 2017. If they had only waited until March 2019 (18 months since release) they could have received a mount that doesn't need mastery points.

>

> Why don't you do a poll and see what number of **PoF mastery points** are held by people who have the WvW mount? Include the mastery points that are not assigned to a mastery (I have ones "left over"). To get all skills on the raptor, 10 mastery points are required. **If the majority of people with the WvW mount have at least 10 PoF mastery points, they have spent "investment" in PvE time.**

>

> LOL at 10 mastery points being a "significant investment". I've seen people call out in map chat for help getting to a mastery point. Heck, I've even portaled at least one person to a mastery point. Teleport to a friend is another method.

I get that, again: how is this relevant to the thread? People are asking for PvE buffs to a WvW mount in the PvE area (and honestly, the only reason it is allowed into PvE is to push mount skin sales. Personally I would have left it as WvW only). As such the only interesting amount of WvW commitment is the required amount for maximum mount performance in PvE. That is gated mostly by the Reward Track, so 5-8 hours depending on buffs used.

Are you arguing that WvW players need access to a PvE mount with better movement? In that case the same argument applies: PvE mounts are designed for the PvE content and as such require PvE involvement and I doubt more mounts in WvW would be beneficial atm. If you are only playing WvW, you have zero need for PvE mounts. Nearly everything you need can be gained via WvW including Hero Points.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> I get that, again: how is this relevant to the thread? People are asking for PvE buffs to a WvW mount in the PvE area (and honestly, the only reason it is allowed into PvE is to push mount skin sales. Personally I would have left it as WvW only). As such the only interesting amount of WvW commitment is the required amount for maximum mount performance in PvE. That is gated mostly by the Reward Track, so 5-8 hours depending on buffs used.

>

> Are you arguing that WvW players need access to a PvE mount with better movement? In that case the same argument applies: PvE mounts are designed for the PvE content and as such require PvE involvement and I doubt more mounts in WvW would be beneficial atm. If you are only playing WvW, you have zero need for PvE mounts. Nearly everything you need can be gained via WvW including Hero Points.

"People are asking for PvE buffs to a WvW mount in the PvE area" != WvW mount has PvE buffs.

So what? People ask for things, look at the length of the quality of life threads. Just because players ask for something doesn't mean that Anet will implement it.

**Numerous people** have pointed out to you how the WvW mount doesn't have much utility in PvE. Now you appear to have shifted the goalposts to some future hypothetical situation that it might.

Again, so what? As you have pointed out it doesn't take much effort to get the WvW reward track finished and the one rank point to start the collection, ignoring the rank points that are required for it to have utility in WvW. All players can enter WvW and get the mount, assuming they have PoF--a requirement for the PvE mounts as well. If PvE skills are added to the mount, again completely hypothetical, then all PvE players with the mount will be able to get the PvE skills, as will the WvW players.

Literally no-one is being disadvantaged by the WvW mount. It's just another mount.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > I get that, again: how is this relevant to the thread? People are asking for PvE buffs to a WvW mount in the PvE area (and honestly, the only reason it is allowed into PvE is to push mount skin sales. Personally I would have left it as WvW only). As such the only interesting amount of WvW commitment is the required amount for maximum mount performance in PvE. That is gated mostly by the Reward Track, so 5-8 hours depending on buffs used.

> >

> > Are you arguing that WvW players need access to a PvE mount with better movement? In that case the same argument applies: PvE mounts are designed for the PvE content and as such require PvE involvement and I doubt more mounts in WvW would be beneficial atm. If you are only playing WvW, you have zero need for PvE mounts. Nearly everything you need can be gained via WvW including Hero Points.

>

> "People are asking for PvE buffs to a WvW mount in the PvE area" != WvW mount has PvE buffs.

>

> So what? People ask for things, look at the length of the quality of life threads. Just because players ask for something doesn't mean that Anet will implement it.

>

> **Numerous people** have pointed out to you how the WvW mount doesn't have much utility in PvE. Now you appear to have shifted the goalposts to some future hypothetical situation that it might.

>

> Again, so what? As you have pointed out it doesn't take much effort to get the WvW reward track finished and the one rank point to start the collection, ignoring the rank points that are required for it to have utility in WvW. All players can enter WvW and get the mount, assuming they have PoF--a requirement for the PvE mounts as well. If PvE skills are added to the mount, again completely hypothetical, then all PvE players with the mount will be able to get the PvE skills, as will the WvW players.

>

> Literally no-one is being disadvantaged by the WvW mount. It's just another mount.

Okay, I'll ask for a final time:

How is any of this in anyway relevant to this thread or the discussion at hand?

I can voice my opinion on any matter I want and disagree if I want in an open forum.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > > > @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > The Warclaw also is available way earlier than the Jackal or any other PoF mount for that matter. We are going in circles.

> > > > >

> > > > > And? The Raptor is also available way earlier than any other PoF mount for that matter. Does that mean the Raptor makes the other mounts redundant?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The raptor requires:

> > > > - completion of a story step which new player might not want to do out of order or risk getting spoiled story wise

> > > > - requires significant mastery investment to achieve decent vertical movement (rank 3)

> > > > - requires enough mastery points to gain access to these abilities. Mastery points which are not as easily available when entering PoF as new player

> > > >

> > > > The Warclaw circumvents all of this with basically 1 skill point in WvW which is attained multiple time over while gaining the short collection achievements.

> > >

> > > This ignores the fact that a lot more than one rank point is required to unlock all the warclaw abilities in wvw. 126 rank points are needed to unlock all warclaw masteries: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw

> > >

> > > 126 rank points is an investment at least on par with the mastery investment you mention above for the raptor. The last mastery level on the warclaw isn't fantastic. Ignoring that one, a person still needs 91 rank points for the warclaw. That presents hours of investment by the (new) wvw player.

> >

> > Yes, and this is relevant to the Warclaws PvE functionality how? In order to unlock it for PvE use you need how many WvW rank points exactly? What is this thread about again?

> >

> > Context please.

>

> Those of us who play WvW have put substantial WvW hours so we can unlock the mount capabilities in WvW. Obviously **we can also use the mount in PvE**, however the fact that we have spent substantial hours in WvW in order to have a mount that is useful for WvW should not be ignored. Many, if not most of us, have the PvE mounts. That means that we have had to spend time getting the PvE masteries, **along with** a lot of WvW rank points for our mounts.

>

> For those PvE players who go into WvW only to get the mount, congratulations to them. Path of Fire has been out since September 2017. If they had only waited until March 2019 (18 months since release) they could have received a mount that doesn't need mastery points.

>

> Why don't you do a poll and see what number of **PoF mastery points** are held by people who have the WvW mount? Include the mastery points that are not assigned to a mastery (I have ones "left over"). To get all skills on the raptor, 10 mastery points are required. **If the majority of people with the WvW mount have at least 10 PoF mastery points, they have spent "investment" in PvE time.**

>

> LOL at 10 mastery points being a "significant investment". I've seen people call out in map chat for help getting to a mastery point. Heck, I've even portaled at least one person to a mastery point. Teleport to a friend is another method.

And again you've misunderstood the point. The investment that was being talked about was purely for PvE use. And for that you need only 1 WvW point, because the WvW mount mastery does absolutely nothing in PvE.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> >

> > And this attitude is why ANet will not make this change.

>

> Yep. And I hope it has that effect.

>

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> >

> > I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

>

> What about those who have tried WvW and do not like it? Should they be denied something that has unique abilities in PVE? If it's just a Raptor replacement, fine, then it's effectively a skin. I'm OK with that. But to give a unique ability to a mount that is usable in PVE without a PVE track for obtaining it would be wrong.

No, it wouldnt be wrong, you would just not like it. There is a difference.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > >

> > > And this attitude is why ANet will not make this change.

> >

> > Yep. And I hope it has that effect.

> >

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > >

> > > I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

> >

> > What about those who have tried WvW and do not like it? Should they be denied something that has unique abilities in PVE? If it's just a Raptor replacement, fine, then it's effectively a skin. I'm OK with that. But to give a unique ability to a mount that is usable in PVE without a PVE track for obtaining it would be wrong.

>

> No, it wouldnt be wrong, you would just not like it. There is a difference.

You're saying it would not be wrong and unfair--and a bad business practice--to favor one class of customers over another?

OK, that's your opinion but I disagree.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > > >

> > > > And this attitude is why ANet will not make this change.

> > >

> > > Yep. And I hope it has that effect.

> > >

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > > >

> > > > I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

> > >

> > > What about those who have tried WvW and do not like it? Should they be denied something that has unique abilities in PVE? If it's just a Raptor replacement, fine, then it's effectively a skin. I'm OK with that. But to give a unique ability to a mount that is usable in PVE without a PVE track for obtaining it would be wrong.

> >

> > No, it wouldnt be wrong, you would just not like it. There is a difference.

>

> You're saying it would not be wrong and unfair--and a bad business practice--to favor one class of customers over another?

>

> OK, that's your opinion but I disagree.

I said nothing of the sort.

Its really easy, and not very ethical, to invent arguments to disagree with though. But you do you.

> @"PaxTheGreatOne.9472" said:

> Well it's the only mount with a damaging conditions attack.... just to mention it.

You know, I didn't even consider that. Since it's slower, lower HP, and has less utility than the rest of the mounts maybe they keep the bleeding mechanic and up the stacks it causes in PvE. It'd still be the less ideal mount in PvE but it would have a niche use.

In my opinion, the warclaw is a wvw mount (and thus has skills for wvw). As a mainly pve player myself I do not mind that the mount has no usefull abilities and is super slow in pve. The mount was never meant to have any meaning and value in pve (nor was it ever advertised to)... I just see it as a little gift from the devs that I can use the mount in pve if I like to (just for slow transport and looks). Its technically the same as playing the game without mounts (like pré PoF) but with a slight speed buff to movement. We already have a lot of usefull mounts in pve content (so they are always better than the warclaw as starters and are the default used anyways). Just be glad you can use the mount outside wvw, just like we can use any mounts outside PoF zones (they could as well have prohibited mounts outside of PoF zones). It still makes me wonder why PvE players are complaining about a mount that wasn't made and advertised for PvE (and could as well be locked into WvW maps only). To get the mount was a choice as well.... No PvE player was forced to get a WvW mount.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > > > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > > > >

> > > > > And this attitude is why ANet will not make this change.

> > > >

> > > > Yep. And I hope it has that effect.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > > > > If it's modified to be viable, as good as or better than any of the original mounts in PVE, then there needs to be a comparable PVE path to obtaining it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

> > > >

> > > > What about those who have tried WvW and do not like it? Should they be denied something that has unique abilities in PVE? If it's just a Raptor replacement, fine, then it's effectively a skin. I'm OK with that. But to give a unique ability to a mount that is usable in PVE without a PVE track for obtaining it would be wrong.

> > >

> > > No, it wouldnt be wrong, you would just not like it. There is a difference.

> >

> > You're saying it would not be wrong and unfair--and a bad business practice--to favor one class of customers over another?

> >

> > OK, that's your opinion but I disagree.

>

> I said nothing of the sort.

>

> Its really easy, and not very ethical, to invent arguments to disagree with though. But you do you.

That's exactly what you said. And, you're just trolling now and arguing for the sake of it, making a personal attack on me. You're not getting any more from me.

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > >

> > > > And this attitude is why ANet will not make this change.

> > >

> > > Yep. And I hope it has that effect.

> > >

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > >

> > > > I imagine the point in the mount being earned in WvW and being useful in PvE would be so it sells skins and to encourage people who aren't crafting legendaries to try out WvW for a few hours. As it is now, if you don't make legendary weapons and don't WvW, there's zero reason to ever try it at all. Unless there was content designed around using this mount only on the PvE maps, there would be zero reason for it to be earned in PvE, it would simply be an alternative to Raptor.

> > >

> > > What about those who have tried WvW and do not like it? Should they be denied something that has unique abilities in PVE? If it's just a Raptor replacement, fine, then it's effectively a skin. I'm OK with that. But to give a unique ability to a mount that is usable in PVE without a PVE track for obtaining it would be wrong.

> >

> > No, it wouldnt be wrong, you would just not like it. There is a difference.

>

> You're saying it would not be wrong and unfair--and a bad business practice--to favor one class of customers over another?

>

> OK, that's your opinion but I disagree.

So one addition to WvW is suddenly bad business practice, after having dozens upon dozens of additions to PvE, and barely any to wvw?

Why should any spoiled PvE player complain at all.