Best settings for colorblind players?

I dont think the blues have an outline actualy. The most simple way to dodge them is to listen, or to pay attention to the borders.

Off-topic question: Did you try contacting support to change your account name ? Having the product key as a name is not the brightest idea.....

> @"Bunter.3795" said:

> Anet does not care about people with color blindness. There have been posts since the game launched with requests for some sort of help but they have been ignored by Anet.

IIRC there are different forms of colour blindness.. would be a lot to ask of any game studio to build in settings to cover every eventuality.

Wouldn't GPU chroma settings be more useful or even your monitor colour settings.. not an expert but worth asking the question.

Unfortunately, GW2 spams unhealthy bright camera flashes that are unhealthy for everybody and also create a mess of visual clutter so that nobody can see what’s going on. If they’re not going to fix these for the whole player base, I doubt they’re going to fix visual issues for a small percentage of players. :disappointed:

Sorry if this sounds a little dumb, but I found a nice option in Windows that actually influences all programs including GW2.

Settings => Ease of Access => Color Filter

Check Enable filters and select your type of color-blindness.

I am not colorblind, but I wanted to play GW2 in black&white a few weeks ago. Found this method and the color-blind-filters.

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> Sorry if this sounds a little dumb, but I found a nice option in Windows that actually influences all programs including GW2.

>

> Settings => Ease of Access => Color Filter

>

> Check Enable filters and select your type of color-blindness.

>

> I am not colorblind, but I wanted to play GW2 in black&white a few weeks ago. Found this method and the color-blind-filters.

A good spot.. did it have the desired effect?

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Bunter.3795" said:

> > Anet does not care about people with color blindness. There have been posts since the game launched with requests for some sort of help but they have been ignored by Anet.

>

> IIRC there are different forms of colour blindness.. would be a lot to ask of any game studio to build in settings to cover every eventuality.

> Wouldn't GPU chroma settings be more useful or even your monitor colour settings.. not an expert but worth asking the question.

And yet it's something an increasing number of studios are doing, and apparently consider worthwhile. If developers get into the habit of considering it early on it doesn't need to be something difficult or even something extra that needs building because it can be handled by giving players other ways to tell things apart.

Like the various points where we have to 'hack' an asuran console by matching patterns - they use colours but each button also has a different shape on it, which gives colour blind players another way to tell them apart.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Like the various points where we have to 'hack' an asuran console by matching patterns - they use colours but each button also has a different shape on it, which gives colour blind players another way to tell them apart.

I loved that there were different sound effects for each symbol, which is how I was able to do that blind.

> @"Rogue.8235" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

>

> > Like the various points where we have to 'hack' an asuran console by matching patterns - they use colours but each button also has a different shape on it, which gives colour blind players another way to tell them apart.

>

> I loved that there were different sound effects for each symbol, which is how I was able to do that blind.

I didn't notice the sounds, but then I usually play with the sound off and often can't hear it when it's turned on because there's so much else going on in my house (which is why I keep it off - one less set of noises to worry about). I'm trying to remember if I've ever done one of those puzzles with the sound turned on but if I have I don't remember it.

But it is a good idea to have unique sounds too. Basically I think the idea is just to give as many 'options' as possible so everyone can use the ones which suit them, especially for things like that where timing is a factor and there's enough to memorise already that trying to remember which button is which is an added difficulty.

> @"8235E844-3CC1-4724-8B86-45063AFE57F3.6259" said:

> Whilst being top dps in my guild (we just started weekly raids) I really struggle with blues on VG, in particular I can't see the red outline...….

> Can Anet please fix/offer better settings for colorblind players? For now is an overlay for colorblind players available anywhere?

This might help ya!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24323/you-can-have-colorblind-mode-now

I use an old CRT with custom RBG settings, I was hoping to be able to blow up the colour on things without playing with my monitor settings. It took years to find the right settings/monitor. Thanks for all the tips guys, will start experimenting.....Might take some money away from gems exploring these expensive options but :/

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Bunter.3795" said:

> > Anet does not care about people with color blindness. There have been posts since the game launched with requests for some sort of help but they have been ignored by Anet.

>

> IIRC there are different forms of colour blindness.. would be a lot to ask of any game studio to build in settings to cover every eventuality.

> Wouldn't GPU chroma settings be more useful or even your monitor colour settings.. not an expert but worth asking the question.

An easy fix would be to allow us to shade the colors. My form of color blindness is the current green and blue shades that the game and many computers use for indication icons. I play a lot of WvW and the old dark blue color was fine but some time ago they changed it to a lighter color that I can't distinguish from the green. If I could shade the blue or green to a darker color I would not have to be on top of the icon in wvw to tell if it's owned by blue or green. The notifications on towers and keeps have helped but sentries and the gliding lines are horrible for me.

Another thing that is especially rough is the party/squad icons vs those not in the squad or party. I can't tell the difference between them at all. I'm trying the thick health bars but that is still hard to distinguish. The ability to shade or change the colors of the dots for party/squad/non-squad markers would be a step forward to help those who have problems with the colors used.

> @"Bunter.3795" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Bunter.3795" said:

> > > Anet does not care about people with color blindness. There have been posts since the game launched with requests for some sort of help but they have been ignored by Anet.

> >

> > IIRC there are different forms of colour blindness.. would be a lot to ask of any game studio to build in settings to cover every eventuality.

> > Wouldn't GPU chroma settings be more useful or even your monitor colour settings.. not an expert but worth asking the question.

>

> An easy fix would be to allow us to shade the colors. My form of color blindness is the current green and blue shades that the game and many computers use for indication icons. I play a lot of WvW and the old dark blue color was fine but some time ago they changed it to a lighter color that I can't distinguish from the green. If I could shade the blue or green to a darker color I would not have to be on top of the icon in wvw to tell if it's owned by blue or green. The notifications on towers and keeps have helped but sentries and the gliding lines are horrible for me.

>

> Another thing that is especially rough is the party/squad icons vs those not in the squad or party. I can't tell the difference between them at all. I'm trying the thick health bars but that is still hard to distinguish. The ability to shade or change the colors of the dots for party/squad/non-squad markers would be a step forward to help those who have problems with the colors used.

Yeah I understand and that's what I was trying to get at when I said there are quite a few variances for colour blindness, not just specific colour or colours.. shades of colours as well. Your GPU normally has chroma settings .. I know Nvidia do within the control panel, not sure about AMD cards. Some monitors have the same thing... worth trying I guess.