Warclaw should have 1 HP and 1 dodge

witcher.3197

> @"derd.6413" said:

> depending on the implementation, yes. if they'd make escaping from a roamer more interesting and engaging yes.

There was this mission or whatever, in Domain of vabbi if I'm not mistaken where you had to go to a ranch and chase after a raptor or something down this track and use a special ability when within range, maybe something like that? I guess you could make it so like you are roping their mount in, instead of using that branded thing.

Edit: I know I'm mostly wrong in my descriptions, it was something I had to do to unlock reward track is all I remember.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LONGA.1652" said:

> I like the absent of ganking when tthe mount came. people are more eager to join fights now. getting on mount is like silent agreement to go on your way when not interested in random dueling with gankers.

Only If you are alone, i bet if you have 1-2 more people with you will be happy to gank the "ganker" am i right?

While one player keeps the enemy in combat, their allies mount up and kill the "ganker"

Warclaw only promotes zerging and ganking while it kills roaming, specially solo roaming

I haven’t got the mount yet due to my server not wanting to take the keep often,so it seems anyway lol but honestly if it wernt for sneak gyro I’d be literally ganked every few mins by groups of mounted players and that’s from an ex thief player lol it’s funny to see the mount defenders using ganking as a defence lol

> @"Pache.9406" said:

> Seems to me like you suck at this game. And you have to face reality now, that you can't gank better players, and have to either face them on a real fight, or finally get good at the game, stop them from escaping, and earn the kill for the first time in your life. Stay salty!

sadly better players the ones that run in huge group are in general the people complaining about gankers..

i most of the time let people run if they dont wanna fight, but i got ganked a million times but i learn from it and eventually i deal with it.

im just roaming around but in general gankers/roamers are far superior players to the ones who relay on their huge blob to soak dmg for them.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> Only If you are alone, i bet if you have 1-2 more people with you will be happy to gank the "ganker" am i right?

> While one player keeps the enemy in combat, their allies mount up and kill the "ganker"

> Warclaw only promotes zerging and ganking while it kills roaming, specially solo roaming

>

Pretty much that why you got sniff skill to check surrounding before dismount. I still solo roam and kill enemy home sentry but skipping camp and you can just ride back into friendly.

> @"LONGA.1652" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

>

> > Only If you are alone, i bet if you have 1-2 more people with you will be happy to gank the "ganker" am i right?

> > While one player keeps the enemy in combat, their allies mount up and kill the "ganker"

> > Warclaw only promotes zerging and ganking while it kills roaming, specially solo roaming

> >

>

> Pretty much that why you got sniff skill to check surrounding before dismount. I still solo roam and kill enemy home sentry but skipping camp and you can just ride back into friendly.

>

>

Sounds pretty fun

> @"Kondor.2904" said:

> I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

>

> People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> This would solve as many issues as possible without straightup removing the warclaw from WvW (which I'd prefer, but I know is unlikely).

>

> Would it help players move accross the map? **Yes.**

>

> Would it help players avoid combat in a PvP gamemode, killing certain playstyles such as roaming? **No.**

>

> Would it curb stealth one shot builds? **Yes,** because they'd have to reveal themselves to dimount the target.

>

> Would players get dismounted by everything? **No,** there's still one dodge to get you past hostile mobs and other small obstacles.

>

> Maybe reduce mount speed slightly as well. Thoughts?

>

+1

I'm in agreement with you

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> >

> > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

>

> So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

>

> Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > I hear u but if it was more interesting and engaging to catch u on route to Zerg Ud be less inclined to be annoyed by it?

>

> depending on the implementation, yes. if they'd make escaping from a roamer more interesting and engaging yes.

Ill whisper you asking you to pick a number 1 through 10. If you come within 2 of my number I won't use any movement abilities on weapons or utilities while chasing you.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > I hear u but if it was more interesting and engaging to catch u on route to Zerg Ud be less inclined to be annoyed by it?

> >

> > depending on the implementation, yes. if they'd make escaping from a roamer more interesting and engaging yes.

>

> Ill whisper you asking you to pick a number 1 through 10. If you come within 2 of my number I won't use any movement abilities on weapons or utilities while chasing you.

RNG mechanics, gross

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > >

> > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> >

> > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> >

> > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

>

> Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > >

> > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > >

> > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > >

> > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> >

> > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

>

> Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

>

Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

6 years of Zerg players complaining about not enough mobility warrants 6 years of Roaming players complaining about to much mobility.

Game modes need to evolve and change or they will die out. New stuff like a mount is supposed to shake things up so people talk about it and maybe get players interested in a game mode they may not have played. The fact of the matter is mount is here and lets face it there maybe some changes but not big ones to it. So everyone needs to adapt adjust and relax. Instead of trying to solve the problem through nerfs maybe try to find new builds or tactics that can dismount players.

Maybe you need to recruit other roamers to help pick people off mounts. I found when I am approach by a group of three and they want me off my mount they get me off my mount. There was one odd time where I believe it was a ranger but I'm not 100% sure was shooting me and then birds covered my face similar to fractals and that dismounted me fairly quickly. If anyone knows what did that to me let me know because it was pretty great.

Anyways I hope we find some middle ground so everyone is at least moderately ok with the mount. I think we just need more time and testing.

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > > >

> > > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > > >

> > > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> > >

> > > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> >

> > Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> >

>

> Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

>

> How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

Roamers complaining about numbers... Are bumrush yolo pushes your only strategy? If your having trouble maybe time to tweak your skill sets. Not everyone will chase you all day, some people don't care about that 1 or 2 kills. The ones who want to small scale you will stay in the end.

Try going out of combat, use a stealth and teleport combo, take your buddies portal, blast that smoke,... So many options, so many custom builds and strategies. What is your class maybe you can get some suggestions.

Numbers is more about server balance not mounts, and goes both ways. Unless you try your hardest to be solo it works both ways.

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > > > >

> > > > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > > > >

> > > > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> > > >

> > > > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> > >

> > > Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> > >

> >

> > Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

> >

> > How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

>

> Roamers complaining about numbers... Are bumrush yolo pushes your only strategy? If your having trouble maybe time to tweak your skill sets. Not everyone will chase you all day, some people don't care about that 1 or 2 kills. The ones who want to small scale you will stay in the end.

>

> Try going out of combat, use a stealth and teleport combo, take your buddies portal, blast that smoke,... So many options, so many custom builds and strategies. What is your class maybe you can get some suggestions.

>

> Numbers is more about server balance not mounts, and goes both ways. Unless you try your hardest to be solo it works both ways.

I roam solo on core war, please give suggestion

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> > > > >

> > > > > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> > > >

> > > > Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

> > >

> > > How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

> >

> > Roamers complaining about numbers... Are bumrush yolo pushes your only strategy? If your having trouble maybe time to tweak your skill sets. Not everyone will chase you all day, some people don't care about that 1 or 2 kills. The ones who want to small scale you will stay in the end.

> >

> > Try going out of combat, use a stealth and teleport combo, take your buddies portal, blast that smoke,... So many options, so many custom builds and strategies. What is your class maybe you can get some suggestions.

> >

> > Numbers is more about server balance not mounts, and goes both ways. Unless you try your hardest to be solo it works both ways.

>

> I roam solo on core war, please give suggestion

Keep a greatsword on hand if you don't use one always. Sword/warhorn for cleanses and more gap closer and/or escape. Rampage elite can be used as a bigtime escape if needed, or to end a fight much quicker, it's 2 earthshaker hits and 2 bull charges.. you out like sweatpants /wave afterwards..

If you do stances and time them well you got lots of invuns. But I'm using a healshout build on my core war it's hella sustain. Mostly clerics.. think some cavaliers too. Soldiers runes of course for shouts. Good timing and good rotations you can fight long time, you can reset most times if need.

Mostly use hammer but if I feel need huge escape chain together all those gs s/warhorn rampage skills. Can go even more mobility with skill slots if you really really need it but that's a bit much.

All depends on some good planning or "theorycrafting" as the kids call it.

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > > > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

> > > >

> > > > How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

> > >

> > > Roamers complaining about numbers... Are bumrush yolo pushes your only strategy? If your having trouble maybe time to tweak your skill sets. Not everyone will chase you all day, some people don't care about that 1 or 2 kills. The ones who want to small scale you will stay in the end.

> > >

> > > Try going out of combat, use a stealth and teleport combo, take your buddies portal, blast that smoke,... So many options, so many custom builds and strategies. What is your class maybe you can get some suggestions.

> > >

> > > Numbers is more about server balance not mounts, and goes both ways. Unless you try your hardest to be solo it works both ways.

> >

> > I roam solo on core war, please give suggestion

>

> Keep a greatsword on hand if you don't use one always. Sword/warhorn for cleanses and more gap closer and/or escape. Rampage elite can be used as a bigtime escape if needed, or to end a fight much quicker, it's 2 earthshaker hits and 2 bull charges.. you out like sweatpants /wave afterwards..

>

> If you do stances and time them well you got lots of invuns. But I'm using a healshout build on my core war it's hella sustain. Mostly clerics.. think some cavaliers too. Soldiers runes of course for shouts. Good timing and good rotations you can fight long time, you can reset most times if need.

>

> Mostly use hammer but if I feel need huge escape chain together all those gs s/warhorn rampage skills. Can go even more mobility with skill slots if you really really need it but that's a bit much.

>

> All depends on some good planning or "theorycrafting" as the kids call it.

What the fuck did I just read. Dont do this.

Edit: Do some of it. Like keep the greatsword. Rampage is okay. Sword is okay mainhand if spellbreaker. Id drop it if core for axe. Signet over heal shout if you're decent all day long. Shield is almost always better than wh. Then again if you're roaming the best decision would be to uninstall until the devs care about the game mode or listening to the community.

The stupid mount should only be a tool to travel the map faster, not a 10k immune to cc barrier with 3 evade frames who let you avoid any fight, it's a damn warzone, not open world pve.

Roamers now are skipped like trash mobs are skipped in pve, so damn kitten.

1. Reduce the dodges to 1 with slower endurance regeneration.

2. Make skill#1 dismount both players on a successful hit.

3. Make the warclaw enter combat as soon as you get attacked, so you have reduced speed while incombat and you are forced to dismount and get the fight.

Don't know if would solve completely the issues, but definitely it's a start.

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > > > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > > > > > > > I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So debating semantics the mode is more accurately called "conquest". Actually works the same way in PvP. You can beat them in fights but if you don't focus on capping objectives you still lose. When everyone plays as intended you get good coordinated fights and not just people running around willy nilly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Until they make points per kill the deciding factor then you should focus on objectives. When you do that you may find more people willing to fight. Works for me anyways...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some people don't like objective fights. Not everyone want to hold a circle.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then just focus on the fights part. You get more fights at objectives. Even the good roamers will be dropping bodies. Only the good roamers tho. The others are hiding in a corner waiting.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Fight where? at camp? at tower? where people on mount seeing you there and just run away, only to come back when they have more people?

> > > >

> > > > How did you come to the conclusion that mount will bring more fight?

> > >

> > > Roamers complaining about numbers... Are bumrush yolo pushes your only strategy? If your having trouble maybe time to tweak your skill sets. Not everyone will chase you all day, some people don't care about that 1 or 2 kills. The ones who want to small scale you will stay in the end.

> > >

> > > Try going out of combat, use a stealth and teleport combo, take your buddies portal, blast that smoke,... So many options, so many custom builds and strategies. What is your class maybe you can get some suggestions.

> > >

> > > Numbers is more about server balance not mounts, and goes both ways. Unless you try your hardest to be solo it works both ways.

> >

> > I roam solo on core war, please give suggestion

>

> Keep a greatsword on hand if you don't use one always. Sword/warhorn for cleanses and more gap closer and/or escape. Rampage elite can be used as a bigtime escape if needed, or to end a fight much quicker, it's 2 earthshaker hits and 2 bull charges.. you out like sweatpants /wave afterwards..

>

> If you do stances and time them well you got lots of invuns. But I'm using a healshout build on my core war it's hella sustain. Mostly clerics.. think some cavaliers too. Soldiers runes of course for shouts. Good timing and good rotations you can fight long time, you can reset most times if need.

>

> Mostly use hammer but if I feel need huge escape chain together all those gs s/warhorn rampage skills. Can go even more mobility with skill slots if you really really need it but that's a bit much.

>

> All depends on some good planning or "theorycrafting" as the kids call it.

What the hell are you talking about ? What good planning and theorycrafting ? The guy gave you an example, he engages the camp with a hostile player, instead of picking up a fight, the hostile player uses his mount to gtfo and comes back when the conditions are favorable to him (read: he's got his friends with him now). So instead of killing this enemy unit and reducing the risk of getting outnumbered when capping this camp, he's now a sitting duck that's going to be forced to leave the camp. Is that what you're proposing ? To leave the camp ? And yeah, good luck on escaping 1v3 on the core warrior if at least one of those guys is a mesmer, teef or revenant, any aa hit is enough to keep him in combat. Without the mount this scenario would have been different, you'd force this player to fight you and die, thus, reducing the numbers of the next fight to 1v1 or 1v2, which is more realistic to fight off.

The same goes for picking up solo players who are running towards zergs, dailies or w/e the hell they're running to. By picking up and killing that player, you're effectively eliminating some risk of getting jumped on by one more player later on and reducing the potential numbers of an enemy zerg. It doesn't have to do with your class, with your attitude and playstyle preferences. It's pure common sense.

The mount eliminates that aspect and caters to the players that are unable or unwilling to learn, improve and don't want to be punished for their mistakes. It promotes laziness and even more toxic behaviours and attitudes.

Considering my habit of dismounting players with Arrow carts, the short dodgeridoo Warclaws are capable of would mean they get instantly dismounted everytime there is an Arrow cart near. That defeats the point and gives the Arrow cart a role it's not meant to have, while distracting it from another. Just make dismount traps like the Forged traps, as a buildable siege weapon that takes a while to get destroyed. That way they Have to bypass it, or destroy it to go through several of them. Makes WvW more tactical that way, kind of how it was supposed to be.