incisorr.9502

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Punny.9210" said:

> Guard one is fine the CD and their dmg are decent

>

> just the rev one is so broken when it's played by high plat.

>

> ironically scrapper is only thing that can tank their dmg

Let me convince you why Rev isn't broken:

It's the only class that has a combination of an energy mechanic and cooldowns, so whilst you have to manage your cooldowns on your skill you also have to manage your energy usage. This is something NO other class has to care about and everyone else can just blow all their abilities without having to wait for energy.

Rev's ONLY meta build is purely focused on doing damage, all traits and amulet are DPS based and leave Rev to be a glasscannon so it's supposed to do high damage. If all other classes build for full damage they would do the exact same burst and some classes can even burst much higher than Rev can.

Rev is one of the only classes with no SELF sustain, meaning theres no way for the rev to quickly heal himself up after making a mistake. Making a mistake on Rev is punished much harder than making a mistake on any other class. The only way of healing a Revenant has is infused light, and any good player knows not to hit a Revenant during this skill. So basically, Revenants are unable to heal at all during a fight wich emphasizes again on Rev not being able to make ANY mistakes whatsoever.

Meta Rev is a class that basicaly needs a support to shine, if theres no support or a good team peeling if he's in danger then a Rev will get obliterated everytime it is targeted.

Wether you like it or not, Revenant together with thief is one of the only classes you have to tryhard to be actually good with. All other classes allow you to play casually and still destroy your enemy.

4 things that should be fixed on a technical level:

1) All skills should require line of sight. And by line of sight I do not mean if you tilt the camera you or pre select the target you can attack them. I mean as POV skills must require line of sight.

2) No skills should go through walls. Self explanatory.

3) Not so much technical, but skills that provide evades should not deal damage (or deal limited damage). Also, skills that provide evade or distortion should always prevent point capture contribution. No exceptions.

4) Height or Z-axis has issues with many skills and many classes. Ranged weapons should alway be able to hit targets on different height levels, as lon as they are in range. This does not work well particularly on rev and guardian, but it has issues with other classes as well.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> Despite me trying to make you understand what the real problems of this game are it still goes unnoticed and people just abuse it on a daily basis. And yes, the real problems of this game are

> -** NO LINE OF SIGHT TELEPORTS THAT ALLOW YOU TO CAST A BURST TIED TO THEM AND HAVE NO CAST TIME** - i put it like this so people can see it clearly because it usually just gets ignored for some reason

>

> Skills like STEAL and PHASE TRAVERSAL and JUDGE"S INTERVENTION are just COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. In **any** other game having skills like these is considered BROKEN, its an " ultimate " even without being able to burst but you can burst. There isn't a single game on this planet where skills like those exist and are not considered ludicrously broken and usually have huge cooldown or some drawbacks except Gw2. Those skills are a relic of an ancient design and the game has evolved way past it and that's why they need to change.

> Maybe in 2012 when the game was made those skills weren't problematic but now they are and it isn't just because of the skill design but also by the extra effects added to them

>

> - Revenant's dmg paired with phase traversal is just absurd , a revenant with enhanced daggers and staff 5 can do 15k dmg with iframe and aoe knockdown while dodging attacks and then use a unrelenting assault to do 20k+ dmg in total while in FULL IFRAME while having NO CD STUNBREAK + IFRAME (if needed to escape, assassins retreat) while also having another low cd stunbreak (invoke legend). Phase traversal alone ok but paired up with safety and disengage and with absurd unblockable dmg is just way too much, it's way too broken, everyone fotm rerolled to revenant, revenants constantly reach 1.9k solo in soloq because the class is broken beyond any reason. The dmg is too high and that alone could be negligible but it's not alone and there are too many factors. On top of that revenant's supposed drawback is lack of condi removal but condi removal is shared so you can easily enable it with some teammates and also condi has received repeated nerfs over the years and is not good at all. Even before the last nerf condi was outnumbered 9:1 by power and now with mirage being much worse the ratio only grows

> - I might be wrong here but i dont remember thief having poison on steal back when the game released, nor daze, those were traits added later and when steal was designed they didn't expect the skill to put a heal debuff (poison) while also soft-ccing and RIPPING BOONS (that was also added later), including stability, while also even being paired up with a damaging skill. I don't think they even expected thieves to learn to ani cancel offensive skills while using steal but it happened and such mechanics are fine in a game but the rest buffs were added later and over time the skill got ridiculous. Thief also has a ton of ways to disengage and escape fights and in general can't be punished unless random power spikes or player error so it's not like they pay a price for having such a broken skill

>

> On top of all that the CD of these skills is LAUGHABLY low (5 and 20 seconds). Judge's intervention is also a problem and guardian is stupidly overstated as well but at least its mobility is much worse and it cant disengage as much so it's ARGUABLY BETTER, the cd is also much higher on it and it also got a big nerf last patch (even if its still good)

>

>

> The only things that counter thief and rev + 1 burst are people with lots of defensive stats (scrappers) and both playing a defensive build and against a defensive build is boring for both sides. I'm not saying the game should only have offensive builds but it shouldn't be so exreme and it should stay on a middle ground.

>

> Right now 90% of the builds in the game are either full damage cheese damage (sickem rangers, rev, thief, even guards with marauder, holo) etc or full tank/defense with little offense(weaver, scrapper, fb etc). So long as you can +1 people as easily as thief/rev can the game will never be competitive or good because surviving a gank by a good rev is impossible, you can't kite the class cus phase traversal is 5 sec cd and cus they have so much cc and unblockable and so much dmg. You can't play the game unless your team can perfectly match the enemy so that your temporary 1v2 buys them advantage but that's just never going to happen in soloq and even in competitive having to rely on everyone in your team to play his role perfectly is just too much just so you can have fun? Ganking is already too strong cus 2v1 is a monumental advantage but ganking with no line of sight burst teleports is stupid

>

> i watched a documentary once on some katana guy or it was an archer guy or something(w/e) i forgot and he said what i already knew and what more people should know - reflex/reaction is mostly anticipation. If you expect something to happen and are ready to ' react ' then you'll be much faster. If you don't expect it then you'll be much slower and it's humanly impossible to react as fast as you can if you expect it. The only way you can react to a thief/rev is if you actually know in which window they'll approximately show up which requires huge communication which is unreasonable to ask out of soloq and again - having to rely on 4 other people just so you can have a chance of having fun is too much.

> Ganking in league or dota for example isn't nowhere as easy and if there were champs that could just teleport up to an enemy with 50%+ of their hp burst they would be picked/banned every single game, no exception, they would be severely broken for good reason. Just imagine a thief/revenant from gw2 in league of legends, it'll break the game. 20 sec cd no line of sight steal that can be casted from fog with burst that does 50%+ of people's hp and even has a cc effect

>

> either add cast time with warning (on the target, like a red circle or something) or nerf the damage or remove some aspects (cc/unblockable/whatever) and increase the cd or add line of sight requirement

>

> and as a bonus while i'm talking about relics of another age and concepts designed for a game that gw2 no longer is (because it's changed and evolved over the years) - the " healing power " stat is also designed for the past and not what we have now. Back in the day regeneration and heals were actually rare so getting healing power was a trade off and it wasn't as broken as it is now. With hot/pof and rework on skills now most classes have permanent regeneration boon and healing power stat just breaks that and people have insane regeneration all the time. Regeneration itself isnt bad but with healing power it gets too much so everyone has insane sustain. When these concepts (steal,phase traversal ,healing power etc all sorts of issues like this which i wont go into in this thread) were designed we had different stats and stat scaling (damage/traits and ccs and so on) and maybe back in the day they worked but now they wouldnt

>

> also in the end - i might get people disagreeing with me because i mentioned almost every class in the game and all the current meta (which is broken ganks and also never ending sustain) so it probably affects most people and most people cant be fair or subjective so they'll find ways to disagree even if they know what i'm saying is actually right

Why you always keep saying "i dont take this game serious/i dont play this for serious", but still you make very long crying posts on forums multiple times per week?

> @"Miyu.8137" said:

> Well I don't create new topics over and over to complain about classes I don't play/know nothing about do I?

but i do know everything about them

> @"Miyu.8137" said:

> And about rank, I frankly don't give a kitten about rank, but checking it, i am currently sitting 88 ranks above you (rank 61 atm), so if I am low, you dear sir, are even lower. And that's how it's going to be if a build can't carry you anymore, just how @"dominik.9721" said. You see ... ppl know what you are :-)

if people like you have their feedback ever taken then no wonder this game is bad, how old are you? No wonder if the only build i've played for the last year gets completely destroyed that i'll suddenly have lower rating than usual lol. I don't have a build or a class that i have any experience on any more and i only have my general gw2 skill not any other class/build skill

i also didn't play this season except for a week at the beginning where i got legendary already and then i went on to finish a bunch of single player games, multiple times, so i didn't even log gw2 for weeks

also you're just 15 rating ahead of me and i've played 5 different classes with 10 different builds in the last 2 days and im practically trolling, i think that speaks to both of our abilities, especially considering u only play meta stuff and i dont'

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Mirage may have a high skill ceiling but any one can pick it up and within a hr do far better in duels and 1vx than they’d normally be doing on their mains most times lmao we’ve all done it,it’s no secret. I powerboosted a mesmer and made both power and Condi Mirage and went into wvw and was amazed at how faceroll it was,power was bit harder but both were way easier to be successful with than thief,guard etc and not just a little easier a huge margin lol I lost a few fights but man roaming and picking people off was child’s play,the class is bloated and deserved its nerfs for sure,though arenet shoulda listen to mirage players more regarding the nerfs cuz seems still over performing

that's how i felt when i went from mirage to another class actually. Love how people like you said mirage is easy but they were nowhere to be found on high elo lmao

> @"Murmaider.1805" said:

> Have you even played Thief? This thread gave me heartburn

yes i played thief 30 min ago, won 2 games against a much better than me thief main when i had no clue what i'm doing because u barely need any skill for this game when u know how rotations and +1ing works. I also killed a rev main in 1v1 with my thief while mashing buttons when he was killing me on my other classes but since gw2 requires almost no mechanical skill and builds matter so much

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> You do know right that phase traversal isn't an instant cast skill and has an animation time? Meaning you can't use it while performing any other action.

yes and i also know you can do phase traversal staff 5 and knockdown the entire teamfight while taking 0 damage and being in iframe when coming out behind a wall and nobody expects you

and if you have enhanced daggers on you also do 15k dmg

lmao

> @"Babylonn.5027" said:

>

> Why you always keep saying "i dont take this game serious/i dont play this for serious", but still you make very long crying posts on forums multiple times per week?

multiple times per week? i didn't even play gw2 since january and i made like 3 posts inbetween while eating food or watching videos

i made like 3 threads in 4 months but good joke

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > NO LINE OF SIGHT TELEPORTS THAT ALLOW YOU TO CAST A BURST TIED TO THEM AND HAVE NO CAST TIME

>

> So basically Illusionary Ambush into shatters?

illusory ambush doesn't put you next to your target, also shatter dmg is nowhere near high unless ur playing a power build and i've never defended power bursts but that isn't even an issue cause like i said illusory ambush doesn't let you chose where you go

also illusory ambush is garbage and shouldn't be used

also it got nerfed by getting +75% cooldown increase

also this thread has nothing to do with mirage, mirage is dead and not viable on high level outside of 1v1 stalling/trolling against builds that arent meant for 1v1

ofc if you're a much better mirage and you fight someone else you'll still win but that doesn't prove anything. Connor Mcgregor can beat a random nerd wow ok

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> surviving a gank by a good rev is impossible, you can't kite the class cus phase traversal is 5 sec cd and cus they have so much cc and unblockable and so much dmg.

When you don't know how a class work so you write "so much" infront of everything.

First of all, Phase traversal requires 35 energy, you gain 5 energy per second so the CD is 7 sec, wich is low indeed, BUT using phase traversal would then mean you do not have energy left to use actual damaging skills. CC'ing a rev that use phase traversal on you will almost certainly result in the rev dying because unless glint is off CD, the rev will not have energy to use riposting shadows to break out of the stun. and since rev does not have any passives saving him from making mistakes like this you can easily kill the rev during this knockdown. I've had times where I made this mistake and a warrior used Bull's Charge on me and then gs2 and I couldn't do anything and I was instantly dead.

I'd also like to know where this "so much cc" is coming from? You have Staff 5 wich is a mediocre CC as it just knocks your opponent back and doesn't knock him down for 2-3 seconds giving you free time to hit him. Then you have Glint Elite wich is a good CC but on 45 second CD. And then you have Shiro's Elite wich requires 50 energy so nobody actually uses it except for stowing and baiting out dodges or right before switching to Glint. In a real fight where the rev is being targeted he'll NEVER be able to afford using his Shiro's Elite anyway as that 50 energy can easily cost him his life. The only way people use this skill is when they join a fight and aren't targeted by anyone.

The only unblockable attacks revenant can do are with Facet of nature on shiro or after using phase traversal wich are 2 unblockable attacks. It's not like rangers who can have 6 full seconds of unblockable attacks.

Also people always keep saying about how much damage Revenants do right, but everyone keep ignoring that meta rev is build for full dps and no sustain. If you warr on zerker he'll do 5k+ damage for every skill he has and he'll still have more sustain than rev. If you have ranger on sick/em you cna literally get one shotted if you get caught by one CC. Rangers gs 2 and the skill where they stomp the earth can easily hit for 9k, but nobody talks about it because not that many people play it.

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> Oh boi

> you ll be surprise how much hate you ll get for saying that

> speaking about blinks and teleport skills is a taboo in gw2

> speaking about OP rev is taboo and their defense is herald is the only "viable" build in current PvP

> speaking about guardian Judge's intervention is taboo their defense is guardian is the "slowest" profession in the game (not true tho necro is the slowest)

> speaking abou............................

> i am bored writing the same thing over and over in the forum and no change at all

It's actually kind of funny because this is very true, there's a lot of people who claim they aren't biased but you can clearly see they are by the patterns of what they complain and don't complain about over time as well as their excuses for when a build is basically best in slot for months like Rev.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> yes and i also know you can do phase traversal staff 5 and knockdown the entire teamfight while taking 0 damage and being in iframe when coming out behind a wall and nobody expects you

> and if you have enhanced daggers on you also do 15k dmg

> lmao

First off, theres no way you do 15k damage, just try it yourself. Phase traversal does about 2k, a full hit by staff 5 does like 3-4k and enchanted dagger do 700 dmg per hit and you have 6 of them so in a teamfight each enemy would get hit by about 700 damage more. IDK if you do math but this doesn't add up to 15k.

Also after this the Rev has no energy unless he can switch to glint so you can just CC him and kill him very easily

PS: you main mirage wich has millions of abilities to avoid damage and deal damage at the same time so you have absolute no right to talk about doing damage while being in iframe

> > surviving a gank by a good rev is impossible, you can't kite the class cus phase traversal is 5 sec cd and cus they have so much cc and unblockable and so much dmg.

>

> When you don't know how a class work so you write "so much" infront of everything.

>

> First of all, Phase traversal requires 35 energy, you gain 5 energy per second so the CD is 7 sec, wich is low indeed, BUT using phase traversal would then mean you do not have energy left to use actual damaging skills. CC'ing a rev that use phase traversal on you will almost certainly result in the rev dying because unless glint is off CD, the rev will not have energy to use riposting shadows to break out of the stun. and since rev does not have any passives saving him from making mistakes like this you can easily kill the rev during this knockdown. I've had times where I made this mistake and a warrior used Bull's Charge on me and then gs2 and I couldn't do anything and I was instantly dead.

>

> I'd also like to know where this "so much cc" is coming from? You have Staff 5 wich is a mediocre CC as it just knocks your opponent back and doesn't knock him down for 2-3 seconds giving you free time to hit him. Then you have Glint Elite wich is a good CC but on 45 second CD. And then you have Shiro's Elite wich requires 50 energy so nobody actually uses it except for stowing and baiting out dodges or right before switching to Glint. In a real fight where the rev is being targeted he'll NEVER be able to afford using his Shiro's Elite anyway as that 50 energy can easily cost him his life. The only way people use this skill is when they join a fight and aren't targeted by anyone.

>

> The only unblockable attacks revenant can do are with Facet of nature on shiro or after using phase traversal wich are 2 unblockable attacks. It's not like rangers who can have 6 full seconds of unblockable attacks.

>

> Also people always keep saying about how much damage Revenants do right, but everyone keep ignoring that meta rev is build for full dps and no sustain. If you warr on zerker he'll do 5k+ damage for every skill he has and he'll still have more sustain than rev. If you have ranger on sick/em you cna literally get one shotted if you get caught by one CC. Rangers gs 2 and the skill where they stomp the earth can easily hit for 9k, but nobody talks about it because not that many people play it.

>

>

Regardless of what you think of phase traverse (I think it is fine considering CD and energy costs) or other instant teleport to target skills, they should require POV LOS.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> 4 things that should be fixed on a technical level:

>

> 1) All skills should require line of sight. And by line of sight I do not mean if you tilt the camera you or pre select the target you can attack them. I mean as POV skills must require line of sight.

>

> 2) No skills should go through walls. Self explanatory.

>

> 3) Not so much technical, but skills that provide evades should not deal damage (or deal limited damage). Also, skills that provide evade or distortion should always prevent point capture contribution. No exceptions.

>

> 4) Height or Z-axis has issues with many skills and many classes. Ranged weapons should alway be able to hit targets on different height levels, as lon as they are in range. This does not work well particularly on rev and guardian, but it has issues with other classes as well.

The whole think about these shadowsteps on these classes is that they need to be able to surprise their enemy or they won't win the fights

Also Guild Wars 2 will be unable to do this without gamebreaking bugs

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > surviving a gank by a good rev is impossible, you can't kite the class cus phase traversal is 5 sec cd and cus they have so much cc and unblockable and so much dmg.

> >

> > When you don't know how a class work so you write "so much" infront of everything.

> >

> > First of all, Phase traversal requires 35 energy, you gain 5 energy per second so the CD is 7 sec, wich is low indeed, BUT using phase traversal would then mean you do not have energy left to use actual damaging skills. CC'ing a rev that use phase traversal on you will almost certainly result in the rev dying because unless glint is off CD, the rev will not have energy to use riposting shadows to break out of the stun. and since rev does not have any passives saving him from making mistakes like this you can easily kill the rev during this knockdown. I've had times where I made this mistake and a warrior used Bull's Charge on me and then gs2 and I couldn't do anything and I was instantly dead.

> >

> > I'd also like to know where this "so much cc" is coming from? You have Staff 5 wich is a mediocre CC as it just knocks your opponent back and doesn't knock him down for 2-3 seconds giving you free time to hit him. Then you have Glint Elite wich is a good CC but on 45 second CD. And then you have Shiro's Elite wich requires 50 energy so nobody actually uses it except for stowing and baiting out dodges or right before switching to Glint. In a real fight where the rev is being targeted he'll NEVER be able to afford using his Shiro's Elite anyway as that 50 energy can easily cost him his life. The only way people use this skill is when they join a fight and aren't targeted by anyone.

> >

> > The only unblockable attacks revenant can do are with Facet of nature on shiro or after using phase traversal wich are 2 unblockable attacks. It's not like rangers who can have 6 full seconds of unblockable attacks.

> >

> > Also people always keep saying about how much damage Revenants do right, but everyone keep ignoring that meta rev is build for full dps and no sustain. If you warr on zerker he'll do 5k+ damage for every skill he has and he'll still have more sustain than rev. If you have ranger on sick/em you cna literally get one shotted if you get caught by one CC. Rangers gs 2 and the skill where they stomp the earth can easily hit for 9k, but nobody talks about it because not that many people play it.

> >

> >

>

> Regardless of what you think of phase traverse (I think it is fine considering CD and energy costs) or other instant teleport to target skills, they should require POV LOS.

No they shouldn't.

"The only thing that counters thief is defensive build"

Are you kidding me, you think cleave doesn't counter thief in sPvP for example or when a Thief's team mates are getting cleaved? This class can't attack while evading like mesmer does once dagger storm goes on cd. Thief has legitimate openings near the end of MOST of their dodges. And if you build pistol whip you die to retal. What. The. Hypocrisy. Mesmer is A LOT more anti-fun be it WvW or sPvP. Legit anti-fun since the beginning of the game.

Mesmers and their "first world problems" are getting obnoxious. If we listen to your "nerf everything but Mesmer" or "Mesmer is absolute garbage" rhetoric, the game will not improve.

And of course he doesn't say that Mesmer contributes to the "real problems" of the game because it's just bias. It's as if Mesmer doesn't have obnoxious mechanics such as phantasms, specifically GS4, which also contributes to some anti-fun mechanics to the game. Literally untargetable AI that baits dodges and plays the game for itself COMBINED WITH evading while attacking plus z-axis teleports. You ACTUALLY believe, revenant and thief are the only cancers in the game? Think again because there are badly designed mechanics from your class as well and can potentially be worse than what revenant and thief does.

Because at least revenant has builds that are actually hard to control (dwarf/ventari bunker for example), and Thief has legitimate counters. Mesmer is a class that spams evades while attacking no matter how you build it.

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > 4 things that should be fixed on a technical level:

> >

> > 1) All skills should require line of sight. And by line of sight I do not mean if you tilt the camera you or pre select the target you can attack them. I mean as POV skills must require line of sight.

> >

> > 2) No skills should go through walls. Self explanatory.

> >

> > 3) Not so much technical, but skills that provide evades should not deal damage (or deal limited damage). Also, skills that provide evade or distortion should always prevent point capture contribution. No exceptions.

> >

> > 4) Height or Z-axis has issues with many skills and many classes. Ranged weapons should alway be able to hit targets on different height levels, as lon as they are in range. This does not work well particularly on rev and guardian, but it has issues with other classes as well.

>

> The whole think about these shadowsteps on these classes is that they need to be able to surprise their enemy or they won't win the fights

>

> Also Guild Wars 2 will be unable to do this without gamebreaking bugs

They still can, you just cannot cast through a wall. As for GW2 coding, I dunno. It maybe possible or not.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> -** NO LINE OF SIGHT TELEPORTS THAT ALLOW YOU TO CAST A BURST TIED TO THEM AND HAVE NO CAST TIME** - i put it like this so people can see it clearly because it usually just gets ignored for some reason

>

I don't really understand why you of all people complain about teleport and burst as someone who was defending mirage.

You are very mistaken, teleports are fine and were fine since the beginning of the game (mostly?).

The real problem of this game is: powercreep, powercreep and surprise surprise powercreep.

Teleports are mostly fine and they're usually one-trick-pony stuff (beside teefs), I mean, you use teleport to engage, but what next? Can you teleport away again? Some teleports need a target to work, there are places to which you cannot teleport aswell, etc. etc.

Things that need nerfs are:

* Damage (both burst and sustained one)

* Support (heals)

* Defensive (tankiness)

* Boon Application (Amount and their duration)

* Conditions Application (Amount and their duration)

* Crowd Control (Amount and their duration)

* Overall skill spamming

* Mobilty

* etc. etc.

There's a lot more of broken stuff beside teleports that are almost unchanged since years...

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > You do know right that phase traversal isn't an instant cast skill and has an animation time? Meaning you can't use it while performing any other action.

>

> yes and i also know you can do phase traversal staff 5 and knockdown the entire teamfight while taking 0 damage and being in iframe when coming out behind a wall and nobody expects you

> and if you have enhanced daggers on you also do 15k dmg

> lmao

In this scenario, the enemy players decided to stack in one place for a few seconds with no defensive boons (ie.: protection, stability), much like brainless pve mobs. At this point the Rev arrives unseen, like Gandalf the White coming over a hill with mounted knights at his back, only in this case the knights are enchanted daggers, and he kills or cripples all the enemy players in his path with one decisive attack. Cool idea, buddy.

Btw, did you know Enchanted Daggers has a 0.5sec icd for every shard it launches? To be perfectly clear, that is not per target either. The Rev would, at best, fire off two of them if it used PT into staff 5. Let's not forget they cannot crit and scale very poorly with power; they would add about 2k damage under ideal circumstances.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Daggers

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that you have played other classes and know what you're talking about when it comes to their capabilities.

Edit: I was drunk when I posted this thing and made a couple grammatical errors.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

>

> multiple times per week? i didn't even play gw2 since january and i made like 3 posts inbetween while eating food or watching videos

>

> i made like 3 threads in 4 months but good joke

>

Ye, but you also made like 100 replies.

Also if you didn't play since January you would have super high decay which is not the case.

And if you don't care why do you've played more than 500 games the previous seasons?

You are probably the player with the most season games after stronlo LMFAO

I actually feel bad for you that mirage got nerfed.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> Despite me trying to make you understand what the real problems of this game are it still goes unnoticed and people just abuse it on a daily basis. And yes, the real problems of this game are

>

> Skills like STEAL and PHASE TRAVERSAL and JUDGE"S INTERVENTION are just COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. In **any** other game having skills like these is considered BROKEN, its an " ultimate " even without being able to burst but you can burst. There isn't a single game on this planet where skills like those exist and are not considered ludicrously broken and usually have huge cooldown or some drawbacks except Gw2. Those skills are a relic of an ancient design and the game has evolved way past it and that's why they need to change.

> Maybe in 2012 when the game was made those skills weren't problematic but now they are and it isn't just because of the skill design but also by the extra effects added to them

>

> - Revenant's dmg paired with phase traversal is just absurd , a revenant with enhanced daggers and staff 5 can do 15k dmg with iframe and aoe knockdown while dodging attacks and then use a unrelenting assault to do 20k+ dmg in total while in FULL IFRAME while having NO CD STUNBREAK + IFRAME (if needed to escape, assassins retreat) while also having another low cd stunbreak (invoke legend). Phase traversal alone ok but paired up with safety and disengage and with absurd unblockable dmg is just way too much, it's way too broken, everyone fotm rerolled to revenant, revenants constantly reach 1.9k solo in soloq because the class is broken beyond any reason. The dmg is too high and that alone could be negligible but it's not alone and there are too many factors. On top of that revenant's supposed drawback is lack of condi removal but condi removal is shared so you can easily enable it with some teammates and also condi has received repeated nerfs over the years and is not good at all. Even before the last nerf condi was outnumbered 9:1 by power and now with mirage being much worse the ratio only grows

> - I might be wrong here but i dont remember thief having poison on steal back when the game released, nor daze, those were traits added later and when steal was designed they didn't expect the skill to put a heal debuff (poison) while also soft-ccing and RIPPING BOONS (that was also added later), including stability, while also even being paired up with a damaging skill. I don't think they even expected thieves to learn to ani cancel offensive skills while using steal but it happened and such mechanics are fine in a game but the rest buffs were added later and over time the skill got ridiculous. Thief also has a ton of ways to disengage and escape fights and in general can't be punished unless random power spikes or player error so it's not like they pay a price for having such a broken skill

>

> On top of all that the CD of these skills is LAUGHABLY low (5 and 20 seconds). Judge's intervention is also a problem and guardian is stupidly overstated as well but at least its mobility is much worse and it cant disengage as much so it's ARGUABLY BETTER, the cd is also much higher on it and it also got a big nerf last patch (even if its still good)

>

>

> The only things that counter thief and rev + 1 burst are people with lots of defensive stats (scrappers) and both playing a defensive build and against a defensive build is boring for both sides. I'm not saying the game should only have offensive builds but it shouldn't be so exreme and it should stay on a middle ground.

>

> Right now 90% of the builds in the game are either full damage cheese damage (sickem rangers, rev, thief, even guards with marauder, holo) etc or full tank/defense with little offense(weaver, scrapper, fb etc). So long as you can +1 people as easily as thief/rev can the game will never be competitive or good because surviving a gank by a good rev is impossible, you can't kite the class cus phase traversal is 5 sec cd and cus they have so much cc and unblockable and so much dmg. You can't play the game unless your team can perfectly match the enemy so that your temporary 1v2 buys them advantage but that's just never going to happen in soloq and even in competitive having to rely on everyone in your team to play his role perfectly is just too much just so you can have fun? Ganking is already too strong cus 2v1 is a monumental advantage but ganking with no line of sight burst teleports is stupid

>

> i watched a documentary once on some katana guy or it was an archer guy or something(w/e) i forgot and he said what i already knew and what more people should know - reflex/reaction is mostly anticipation. If you expect something to happen and are ready to ' react ' then you'll be much faster. If you don't expect it then you'll be much slower and it's humanly impossible to react as fast as you can if you expect it. The only way you can react to a thief/rev is if you actually know in which window they'll approximately show up which requires huge communication which is unreasonable to ask out of soloq and again - having to rely on 4 other people just so you can have a chance of having fun is too much.

> Ganking in league or dota for example isn't nowhere as easy and if there were champs that could just teleport up to an enemy with 50%+ of their hp burst they would be picked/banned every single game, no exception, they would be severely broken for good reason. Just imagine a thief/revenant from gw2 in league of legends, it'll break the game. 20 sec cd no line of sight steal that can be casted from fog with burst that does 50%+ of people's hp and even has a cc effect

>

> either add cast time with warning (on the target, like a red circle or something) or nerf the damage or remove some aspects (cc/unblockable/whatever) and increase the cd or add line of sight requirement

>

> and as a bonus while i'm talking about relics of another age and concepts designed for a game that gw2 no longer is (because it's changed and evolved over the years) - the " healing power " stat is also designed for the past and not what we have now. Back in the day regeneration and heals were actually rare so getting healing power was a trade off and it wasn't as broken as it is now. With hot/pof and rework on skills now most classes have permanent regeneration boon and healing power stat just breaks that and people have insane regeneration all the time. Regeneration itself isnt bad but with healing power it gets too much so everyone has insane sustain. When these concepts (steal,phase traversal ,healing power etc all sorts of issues like this which i wont go into in this thread) were designed we had different stats and stat scaling (damage/traits and ccs and so on) and maybe back in the day they worked but now they wouldnt

>

> also in the end - i might get people disagreeing with me because i mentioned almost every class in the game and all the current meta (which is broken ganks and also never ending sustain) so it probably affects most people and most people cant be fair or subjective so they'll find ways to disagree even if they know what i'm saying is actually right

Fully agree with what you say.

Seing steal of thieves as by far the biggest offender.

I agree with the OP, except that, instead of hating on Revs i started playing the class instead lulz. Teleporting through walls and bursting people is totally broken but its super fun :).

Also, I find it pretty amusing how a lot of you say that the OP sucks when he's been in the top 10. So what if he played condi mirage, so have tons of other people and they haven't been anywhere close to his rank.

Incisorr, I think the reason you get so much pushback isn't necessarily because of what you're saying, but how you're saying it.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

I somewhat agree with your overall point, but it is still possible to anticipate these things if you know a thief or revenant or guardian or whatever is coming. You can expect that they will steal/JI/whatever at some point, so you can get defense ready and pre-dodge or block if you have a good read on them.

See first part of this vid:

I do take issue with those attacks being able to have unblockable applied to them though.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > i watched a documentary once on some katana guy or it was an archer guy or something(w/e) i forgot and he said what i already knew and what more people should know - reflex/reaction is mostly anticipation. If you expect something to happen and are ready to ' react ' then you'll be much faster. If you don't expect it then you'll be much slower and it's humanly impossible to react as fast as you can if you expect it. The only way you can react to a thief/rev is if you actually know in which window they'll approximately show up which requires huge communication which is unreasonable to ask out of soloq and again - having to rely on 4 other people just so you can have a chance of having fun is too much.

>

> I somewhat agree with your overall point, but it is still possible to anticipate these things if you know a thief or revenant or guardian or whatever is coming. You can expect that they will steal/JI/whatever at some point, so you can get defense ready and pre-dodge or block if you have a good read on them.

>

> See first part of this vid:

>

>

>

> I do take issue with those attacks being able to have unblockable applied to them though.

>

>

>

>

>

Yep, unblockable is okay if it is a particular skill that you can play around, for example guardian binding blade pull or engi magnet pull. Ranger unstoppable union on the other hand is completely ridiculous.