Chill needs to go

> @"Ralkuth.1456" said:

> Chill doesn't slow cast time - we have the Slow condition for that.

> Chill is quite powerful and I get why you're frustrated. Perhaps you can play some Core Necro and Reaper to see what's on the other side?

I did and I sucked at it very badly. Noone seems to wanna teach noobs anymore.

As a former core D/D ele (not from the Cele era that tainted our name)... Chill gives me nightmares. Not only did it impact our skills, it impacted our "weapon swap" mechanic....

Necro 100% countered us, and an intelligently placed chill (right after swapping to water, and mid-way through the fight so few/no cantrips were available) was a death knell.

I know what you're feeling but at least it's not as bad as it used to be.

I feel the class that gets affected the most are eles (not a surprise at this point) since chill is one of the strongest condis that can be applied:

-It affects weapon switching (attunement CD). Imagine if when you get chilled as any other class, you suddenly cant switch weapons for an extra 3 seconds. (for tempest that is 6 seconds, for a total of 26 seconds you cant switch weapons!)

-Eles are one of the most CD dependent class and with the lowest amount of teleports after necros, so if you dont specc heavily into condi cleanses, you will blow into oblivion from the slowing part on top of increased CD which limits access to defenses, also, many of our defense are tied to specific weapons, so chill increasing said weapon swap really does screw them.

I do think the condi is not used much so that is sort of nice, however, I do not look forward to another chill meta like we had with glacial explosion on weapon swap.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

>

> And chill will be useless against thieves.

It really should affect initiative.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> >

> > And chill will be useless against thieves.

>

> It really should affect initiative.

And affect energy regeneration for Revenant?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

>

> chill is already useless against thieves.

The movement bit still affect thieves.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> >

>

> It really should affect initiative.

Agreed. On the game's first years there were some threads referring precisely that.

Perhaps we should start calling thief - ANet's favourite child - for getting a free pass against chill, power block and the likes. B)

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> > >

> > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> >

> > It really should affect initiative.

>

> And affect energy regeneration for Revenant?

Waiting for the resident revs to chime in, but off hand, revs do have cool downs that would be affected by chill. No need to penalize them twice?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> > >

> > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> >

> > It really should affect initiative.

>

> And affect energy regeneration for Revenant?

Revenant also has Cooldowns, making it effect the energy aswel would mean a HUGE nerf to revenant