Chill needs to go

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> Revenant also has Cooldowns, making it effect the energy aswel would mean a HUGE nerf to revenant

well it effects eles this way. the only classes that have decent access to chill is reaper and tempest, both of which rev dances circles around. ranger axe 3 would be extra brutal. I don't think updating chill would be too bad for rev, especially since they can reposting shadows out of it.

> @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> Why does chill...

> • Slow your movement

> • Slow your cast time

> • Slow your cooldown recovery

>

> I don't get it?? Just make it slow down cooldown recovery thanks

If you get slow... It show overwrite cripple

#UnpopularOpinion

I love chill. It's great on my necro and rev builds, and usually moves that can chill you can be easily evaded or predicted, not to mention some classes can ignore it entirely.

It's strong when its on you, but not so strong that it needs a nerf imo.

> @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> 2 years of PVPing and I never knew that. Oh my god.

Lel

Glad you got that cleared up

> @"Greygus.3427" said:

> As a reaper... Seems like everyone shrugs off my chill and laughs at me.

Apply your chill before heavily damaging attacks, depending on their class. Thieves will largely ignore your chill in rotation, so save it for when they're trying to move away

It's an accent to your build, not the main event. use it to jam people trying to kite you so they cant avoid your heavy hits without burning cds.

> thief - ANet's favourite child

~~Explain.~~

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> I love chill. It's great on my necro and rev builds, and usually moves that can chill you can be easily evaded or predicted, not to mention some classes can ignore it entirely.

> It's strong when its on you, but not so strong that it needs a nerf imo.

>

> > @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> > 2 years of PVPing and I never knew that. Oh my god.

>

> Lel

> Glad you got that cleared up

>

> > @"Greygus.3427" said:

> > As a reaper... Seems like everyone shrugs off my chill and laughs at me.

>

> Apply your chill before heavily damaging attacks, depending on their class. Thieves will largely ignore your chill in rotation, so save it for when they're trying to move away

> It's an accent to your build, not the main event. use it to jam people trying to kite you so they cant avoid your heavy hits without burning cds.

>

> > @"Greygus.3427" said:

> > thief - ANet's favourite child

>

> Explain.

>

Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

Thief weapon skills not being affected by one condition in the game makes them "Arenanet's favorite child?"

Even without mentioning that thieves obviously have a shared resource pool for which moves they can use, I'm trying to understand why we care about initiative gen on a chilled thief now. when a good chunk of their skills outright remove it anyway.

~~Why is greygus calling for balance like its 2012 lmao~~ Probably mistagged this

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

>

> Thief weapon skills not being affected by one condition in the game makes them "Arenanet's favorite child?"

>

> I'm trying to understand why we care about initiative gen on a chilled thief now. a good chunk of their skills outright remove it anyway.

>

> Why is greygus calling for balance like its 2012 lmao

Calling thieves ANet's favourite child might be because of my post above. It was sarcastic and mocking the "mesmer - ANet's favourite child" crew.

Apart from that, thieves ignore some mechanics, not just chill, like I pointed above power block for example is another mechanic that thieves bypass.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

> >

> > Thief weapon skills not being affected by one condition in the game makes them "Arenanet's favorite child?"

> >

> > I'm trying to understand why we care about initiative gen on a chilled thief now. a good chunk of their skills outright remove it anyway.

> >

> > Why is greygus calling for balance like its 2012 lmao

>

> Calling thieves ANet's favourite child might be because of my post above. It was sarcastic and mocking the "mesmer - ANet's favourite child" crew.

> Apart from that, thieves ignore some mechanics, not just chill, like I pointed above power block for example is another mechanic that thieves bypass.

*Squint. *

I probably mistagged that.~ Let me just edit that quote~

As for power block, they ignore one facet of it, namely the recharge reduction, on their weapon moves. They still get the weakness and damage, as well as the cd increase on moves/utilities that dont involve their weapons, just like they only ignore one facet of chill and still take the movement speed reduction, and cd increase on their utility moves.

I wouldn't say they're overperforming because of that, personally~

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

> > >

> > > Thief weapon skills not being affected by one condition in the game makes them "Arenanet's favorite child?"

> > >

> > > I'm trying to understand why we care about initiative gen on a chilled thief now. a good chunk of their skills outright remove it anyway.

> > >

> > > Why is greygus calling for balance like its 2012 lmao

> >

> > Calling thieves ANet's favourite child might be because of my post above. It was sarcastic and mocking the "mesmer - ANet's favourite child" crew.

> > Apart from that, thieves ignore some mechanics, not just chill, like I pointed above power block for example is another mechanic that thieves bypass.

>

> *Squint. *

> I probably mistagged that.~ Let me just edit that quote~

> As for power block, they ignore one facet of it, namely the recharge reduction, on their weapon moves. They still get the weakness and damage, as well as the cd increase on moves/utilities that dont involve their weapons, just like they only ignore one facet of chill and still take the movement speed reduction, and cd increase on their utility moves.

>

> I wouldn't say they're overperforming because of that, personally~

>

>

Yes, talking about the recharge bit, same with chill.

I didn't say they're overperforming. I find it unfair tho.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > Revenant also has Cooldowns, making it effect the energy aswel would mean a HUGE nerf to revenant

>

> well it effects eles this way. the only classes that have decent access to chill is reaper and tempest, both of which rev dances circles around. ranger axe 3 would be extra brutal. I don't think updating chill would be too bad for rev, especially since they can reposting shadows out of it.

The energy mechanic on Revenant is already a way to limit Revenants power. Theres no need to increase this limitation by making chill affect it too

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > Revenant also has Cooldowns, making it effect the energy aswel would mean a HUGE nerf to revenant

> >

> > well it effects eles this way. the only classes that have decent access to chill is reaper and tempest, both of which rev dances circles around. ranger axe 3 would be extra brutal. I don't think updating chill would be too bad for rev, especially since they can reposting shadows out of it.

>

> The energy mechanic on Revenant is already a way to limit Revenants power. Theres no need to increase this limitation by making chill affect it too

ah I was thinking of legend swap not energy, my bad. what if it only effected that?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > > Revenant also has Cooldowns, making it effect the energy aswel would mean a HUGE nerf to revenant

> > >

> > > well it effects eles this way. the only classes that have decent access to chill is reaper and tempest, both of which rev dances circles around. ranger axe 3 would be extra brutal. I don't think updating chill would be too bad for rev, especially since they can reposting shadows out of it.

> >

> > The energy mechanic on Revenant is already a way to limit Revenants power. Theres no need to increase this limitation by making chill affect it too

>

> ah I was thinking of legend swap not energy, my bad. what if it only effected that?

It would make sense if it affected legend swap yeah

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> >

> > chill is already useless against thieves.

>

> The movement bit still affect thieves.

>

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> > >

> > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> >

> > It really should affect initiative.

>

> Agreed. On the game's first years there were some threads referring precisely that.

> Perhaps we should start calling thief - ANet's favourite child - for getting a free pass against chill, power block and the likes. B)

Thief (!?!) is Anet's favorite child. . . .seriously?

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > > Thief weapon skills aren't affected by the reduced recharge rate from chill bcs of initiative mechanic. People complained about this in 2012/2013.

> > > >

> > > > Thief weapon skills not being affected by one condition in the game makes them "Arenanet's favorite child?"

> > > >

> > > > I'm trying to understand why we care about initiative gen on a chilled thief now. a good chunk of their skills outright remove it anyway.

> > > >

> > > > Why is greygus calling for balance like its 2012 lmao

> > >

> > > Calling thieves ANet's favourite child might be because of my post above. It was sarcastic and mocking the "mesmer - ANet's favourite child" crew.

> > > Apart from that, thieves ignore some mechanics, not just chill, like I pointed above power block for example is another mechanic that thieves bypass.

> >

> > *Squint. *

> > I probably mistagged that.~ Let me just edit that quote~

> > As for power block, they ignore one facet of it, namely the recharge reduction, on their weapon moves. They still get the weakness and damage, as well as the cd increase on moves/utilities that dont involve their weapons, just like they only ignore one facet of chill and still take the movement speed reduction, and cd increase on their utility moves.

> >

> > I wouldn't say they're overperforming because of that, personally~

> >

> >

>

> Yes, talking about the recharge bit, same with chill.

> I didn't say they're overperforming. I find it unfair tho.

By the way Azure , chill is insanene broken in regards of cripplign your cooldowns and increase cd on everything 2/3 . Reaper shroud access for example on 10s cd and 17 ,huge difference, dont you find? (just an example)

> @"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> > >

> > > chill is already useless against thieves.

> >

> > The movement bit still affect thieves.

> >

> > > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > I wouldn't be against a nerf to chill so that it only affects cd's. cripple is so prevalent anyways so its kinda redundant.

> > > >

> > > > And chill will be useless against thieves.

> > >

> > > It really should affect initiative.

> >

> > Agreed. On the game's first years there were some threads referring precisely that.

> > Perhaps we should start calling thief - ANet's favourite child - for getting a free pass against chill, power block and the likes. B)

>

> Thief (!?!) is Anet's favorite child. . . .seriously?

Maybe read the whole thread?!

I think that whole Condition System should get a rework along with the flat dps powercreep.

- Burn shouldn't be as easily stacked as it is now

- Poison - for me, this one should be non-stackable. It already reduces healing by 33%. It doesn't need to be a damage source

- Bleed - High stacks = high damage

These 2 are very hard to balance IMO.

- Torment - What's the point of Torment dealing damage over when enemy isn't moving? It's for PvE, but in PvE it's just like Burn or Bleed - the target is 99% stationary.

- Confusion - What's the point of this condition in PvE? If there is no, then we don't need this in PvE

**I'd make Torment and Confusion PvP/WvW exclusive as they are clearly designed for this environment. Skills that apply these condis in PvE can be changed to provide (damage equal) amount of Bleed or Burn.**

I have often wondered if soft CC like chill should be changed to stack in intensity and also scale with condition damage as well as duration. That would force players to build for soft CC if the player wants to use it, weaken the condi pressure from non-condi builds, and make perma-condi builds one-trick ponys.

This concept can also be stretched to boons and control effects, too. I would like to see a boon-strength stat and a control effect stat but this would take an enormous amount of testing and force a huge rebalance of all professions. Still, it is an interesting thought exercise.