Warclaw Praise Thread - Yes, It Is Healthy For WvW

Trevor Boyer.6524

> @"noot.8641" said:

> The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

This

The problem of warclaw is fact that melee builds get advantage vs ranged.

I love play lb/gs soulbeast, usually walk alone, fight 1vs1+ and now one of my weapon almost totally useless, melee dude just run to me, stay close waiting then mounts hp about 1k then dismount and start attack, no gap closers, no spent evades trying reach me.

Solution: mount's and player's must be shared

Hard cc dismount player, soft act as usual ( cripple, slow, fear pet, no dismount), when player dismount he shares active conditions

P. S. Sry for my English i know its bad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true story, Friday night reset, much excitement for new fights for the week, 2 blobs meet, skill loss, DC, relog, different map, engage smaller blob, skill loss...game over. I don't think the servers could handle Friday night fights before warclaw which I absolutely love by the way, and they certainly cannot handle the extra traffic now, just my opinion, and No, I don't live in Europe.

I have a few issues with warclaw.

-Real roaming doesn't exist T1-2

-I effectively have +10-12k hp on top of my own health pool.

-I can wait for anyone to burst me, dismount and I immediately have a huge advantage over whatever roamer decided to attack me.

-I can't effectively run away with while roaming in a 1v2+ scenario. Because 1 player will keep me in combat, and the other will get OOC, and catch up to me on warclaw, forcing a death.

-No dismount skill means I can't force people to fight me. That's literally the whole point of open world pvp.

-No forced CC options for mounted players. If I smack you with Earthshaker on my hammer with a 3 second stun you should be dismounted. Sorry not sorry.

This also doesn't address how useless zerg save abilities are. Like Warrior Warbanner, or Mesmer Illusion of life. Can't use them now because cast time is so long you won't save anyone with Warclaw roamers getting in and out of combat just to secure downs.

The simple fact of the matter is. Anet did NOT QA Warclaw and it shows.

Warclaw is fun.

The people who don't like it are the same short sighted players who yell at newbs for playing "THEIR" game mode. If the elitists had their way, nobody would play WvW.

This isn't YOUR game mode, it is for everyone. And anything that can bring in new players, even for a short while, is a plus.

> @"Cyric.7813" said:

> > @"noot.8641" said:

> > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

>

> This

>

> The problem of warclaw is fact that melee builds get advantage vs ranged.

>

>

What an absolute crock of kitten.

I play ranger often and it's easy to knock people off the mount and then (usually) to kill them.

All of this without any nerfs or new skills or changes of any kind.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Cyric.7813" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of roamer classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a roamer it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up. They need to nerf the warclaw, so it just is a transportation tool with low hp pool, and not going faster than the 33% swiftness speed.

> >

> > This

> >

> > The problem of warclaw is fact that melee builds get advantage vs ranged.

> >

> >

>

> What an absolute crock of kitten.

>

> I play ranger often and it's easy to knock people off the mount and then (usually) to kill them.

>

> All of this without any nerfs or new skills or changes of any kind.

nah and if they have tougntess 1500+ a walking with 2500 power 200% crit damage and shoot about 1-2k by long rage. i dont going to use rapid fire with qz just to dismount player so i will face with him with cooldowns

> @"Falan.1839" said:

> Yeah, it's clearly an amazing mechanic that I can never attack anyone who isn't either afk or basically gives his written confirmation that he wants to be attacked as a solo roamer.

I think mainly people are just not used to it. I see a lot of complaining coming from people who normally like to roam around and engage random fights in random fields, not central to actual objectives. In my opinion, the Warclaw encourages "getting to the objectives" for zerging and for roaming. This way, fights happen in and over Supply Camps and not in a random fields. This way, zerging getting to an objective is rather ensured, instead of having your tail so easily picked off during a regroup.

I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing. Most people are not competent 1v1 roamer players, and they lose patience very quickly when getting jumped by players who are better than they are or by several people at once, and then they log out because they aren't having fun. The Warclaw will ensure that players can get back to the action and where they feel they are having fun, which is back their PIN. <- This is encouragement for even the worst geared lv 20 ever, to stay and play. Not sure what you guys aren't understanding about this. And as far as experienced roaming goes, most experienced roamers I've talked to are having a blast with the Warclaw because they know how to work it.

It would seem that two demographics are supporting positive Warclaw feedback, the new players and the very experienced roamers. Just an observation there for everyone to think about in terms of what that means and how the Warclaw is effecting the game.

Unfortunately I fall in the category of "very experiences roamers" (even though I mostly did SPvP) and basically everyone else I know with a similar playstyle does decisively NOT find the warclaw a good addition. You could even argue if moving the fights into camps is a healthy thing considering you don't only have pesky NPCs there but also usually more people dripping in and distorting the fight for soloers (even though most players in WvW are bad enough that I can 1vX them). But apart from that it also encourages the decisively unfun behaviour of many WvWers which is to wait until you have 2/3:1 advantage before you engage, which the Warclaw makes far easier. And that is what I see is happening.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> I have an FB-support minstrel and am having more fun now with small groups than zergs.

>

> Several Zerg-only builds, now can roam with small groups.

>

> Warclaw also bring life to Desert Bordeland.

Yeah I think I've logged in maybe 4 times since the Warclaw released.

Something that needs to be changed is the ability for an enemy to contest a capture on warclaw which has all those dodges and moves faster than you on foot. Where I am the only enemy and someone comes along on their warclaw and keeps kiting me around the edge of the circle while out of range 90% of the time because they are so fast before I can land enough dmg to dismount then kill their sorry ass - it's not balance or skill.

While I can understand the few extra seconds it might give someone to contest vs a zerg, it's just annoying and some changes need to me made to that

If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

> @"Andromeda.8293" said:

> Something that needs to be changed is the ability for an enemy to contest a capture on warclaw which has all those dodges and moves faster than you on foot. Where I am the only enemy and someone comes along on their warclaw and keeps kiting me around the edge of the circle while out of range 90% of the time because they are so fast before I can land enough dmg to dismount then kill their sorry kitten - it's not balance or skill.

>

> While I can understand the few extra seconds it might give someone to contest vs a zerg, it's just annoying and some changes need to me made to that

Retire all melee class. Play a Soulbeast, Deadeye or something range. Then yay "adapted".

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

And I'm guessing you are one of those "non-pvp players" who deserves some sort of free passes from these wandering oppositions in an open pvp mode such as WvW?

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

>

> I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing.

>

Most players who don't participate in WvW do so, because they have no interest in PvP. Which is totally fine ofc. But this doesn't justify taking PvP away from WvW, because there is already plenty of content for PvE only players. But there is no alternative for WvW as an open world PvP game mode (no, sPvP isn't!). Getting some players to swap from one game mode to another at the cost of others leaving the game entirely is hardly "healthy" for the game.

> @"Lalary.3561" said:

> > @"Mil.3562" said:

> > If someone is truly looking for a 1 vs 1 or small group fight, isn't there a pvp and gvg mode for that? Maybe you know you don't stand a chance against real pvpers, so you decided to come into WvW, hiding and then pick on non-pvp players thinking you can bully and gank them and hoped to win 90% of the fights? Erm.. What did you call yourself again? WvW roamers? LOL

>

> And I'm guessing you are one of those "non-pvp players" who deserves some sort of free passes from these wandering oppositions in an open pvp mode such as WvW?

'if you want 1v1 go pvp'

Could also mean shitty gankers who look for An excuses to 3v1

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > @"noot.8641" said:

> > > The warclaw is the worst thing ever brought into wvw, it totally destroyed the purpose of Ganker classes. I’m sure you “blobbers” like it because you get to your zerg faster when u rallybot all the time, but if you are a Ganker it sucks when u can’t pick the fights u want. It’s not fun getting chased by 10 people, 1 keeping you in combat while the rest mounts up and kitten you up when I used to harass players with my 1v1 PvP ganking build that they were not built for. I need them to nerf the warclaw, because I can't just gank people running back to the tag anymore.

> >

> > FTFY.

> >

> >

>

> How can you even change his words from Roam to Gank when you see He's the one stating getting chased by 10.

>

> Twilight zone.

No ganker likes to be ganked but they like to dish it out and not get the same back.

> @"Frozen.1347" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> >

> > I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing.

> >

> Most players who don't participate in WvW do so, because they have no interest in PvP. Which is totally fine ofc. But this doesn't justify taking PvP away from WvW, because there is already plenty of content for PvE only players. But there is no alternative for WvW as an open world PvP game mode (no, sPvP isn't!). Getting some players to swap from one game mode to another at the cost of others leaving the game entirely is hardly "healthy" for the game.

It's not taking PvP away from WvW, it's giving those players who do not wish to PvP 1v1 the option to not PvP 1v1. You seem to think that it is taking away PvP when it simply isn't. If people WANT to 1v1 PvP, they will do so. There are dueling grounds in WvW that many people go to in order to 1v1 each other. Forcing somebody to PvP 1v1 is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for, unless you are simply just looking to kill somebody with the least amount of resistance possible and just grief people as much as you can. Most people who end up being ganked by a 1v1 PvP'er just stand there and let the other person kill them. I know that is exactly what I do. I have no desire to try to take on 1 person individually in open field combat. I will defend towers, keeps, and camps. I will try to take towers, keeps, and camps. I do not want to open field fight. That is boring to me, and yes I know that is my opinion that others do not share. To me WvW is trying to take as much of your enemies territory as you can and hold it while holding your own territories as well, not just running around in open fields looking for other people to fight. If I want to JUST fight people I will go to a game mode more designed for that such as sPvP.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Frozen.1347" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > >

> > > I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing.

> > >

> > Most players who don't participate in WvW do so, because they have no interest in PvP. Which is totally fine ofc. But this doesn't justify taking PvP away from WvW, because there is already plenty of content for PvE only players. But there is no alternative for WvW as an open world PvP game mode (no, sPvP isn't!). Getting some players to swap from one game mode to another at the cost of others leaving the game entirely is hardly "healthy" for the game.

>

> It's not taking PvP away from WvW, it's giving those players who do not wish to PvP 1v1 the option to not PvP 1v1. You seem to think that it is taking away PvP when it simply isn't. If people WANT to 1v1 PvP, they will do so. There are dueling grounds in WvW that many people go to in order to 1v1 each other. Forcing somebody to PvP 1v1 is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for, unless you are simply just looking to kill somebody with the least amount of resistance possible and just grief people as much as you can. Most people who end up being ganked by a 1v1 PvP'er just stand there and let the other person kill them. I know that is exactly what I do. I have no desire to try to take on 1 person individually in open field combat. I will defend towers, keeps, and camps. I will try to take towers, keeps, and camps. I do not want to open field fight. That is boring to me, and yes I know that is my opinion that others do not share. To me WvW is trying to take as much of your enemies territory as you can and hold it while holding your own territories as well, not just running around in open fields looking for other people to fight. If I want to JUST fight people I will go to a game mode more designed for that such as sPvP.

Bullocks, dueling is something else then 1v1 same as pvp

Map movement and mobility is bullocks now

Same as most classes cant dismount An enemy

If you wish to flip objectives without players trying to kill you, maybe go eotm OR silverwastes

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > @"Frozen.1347" said:

> > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > >

> > > > I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing.

> > > >

> > > Most players who don't participate in WvW do so, because they have no interest in PvP. Which is totally fine ofc. But this doesn't justify taking PvP away from WvW, because there is already plenty of content for PvE only players. But there is no alternative for WvW as an open world PvP game mode (no, sPvP isn't!). Getting some players to swap from one game mode to another at the cost of others leaving the game entirely is hardly "healthy" for the game.

> >

> > It's not taking PvP away from WvW, it's giving those players who do not wish to PvP 1v1 the option to not PvP 1v1. You seem to think that it is taking away PvP when it simply isn't. If people WANT to 1v1 PvP, they will do so. There are dueling grounds in WvW that many people go to in order to 1v1 each other. Forcing somebody to PvP 1v1 is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for, unless you are simply just looking to kill somebody with the least amount of resistance possible and just grief people as much as you can. Most people who end up being ganked by a 1v1 PvP'er just stand there and let the other person kill them. I know that is exactly what I do. I have no desire to try to take on 1 person individually in open field combat. I will defend towers, keeps, and camps. I will try to take towers, keeps, and camps. I do not want to open field fight. That is boring to me, and yes I know that is my opinion that others do not share. To me WvW is trying to take as much of your enemies territory as you can and hold it while holding your own territories as well, not just running around in open fields looking for other people to fight. If I want to JUST fight people I will go to a game mode more designed for that such as sPvP.

>

> Bullocks, dueling is something else then 1v1 same as pvp

>

> Map movement and mobility is bullocks now

> Same as most classes cant dismount An enemy

>

> If you wish to flip objectives without players trying to kill you, maybe go eotm OR silverwastes

If you wish to PvP, maybe go to Obsidian Sanctum or sPvP.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > @"Frozen.1347" said:

> > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I know it's hard to understand my good bro, but the very large majority of players who have chosen to not participate so much in wvw, had made that choice because of (A) Maps take too long to traverse = boring, and (B) Trying to get back to the commander or anywhere in general, without getting jumped was for most people = boring and rage inducing.

> > > > >

> > > > Most players who don't participate in WvW do so, because they have no interest in PvP. Which is totally fine ofc. But this doesn't justify taking PvP away from WvW, because there is already plenty of content for PvE only players. But there is no alternative for WvW as an open world PvP game mode (no, sPvP isn't!). Getting some players to swap from one game mode to another at the cost of others leaving the game entirely is hardly "healthy" for the game.

> > >

> > > It's not taking PvP away from WvW, it's giving those players who do not wish to PvP 1v1 the option to not PvP 1v1. You seem to think that it is taking away PvP when it simply isn't. If people WANT to 1v1 PvP, they will do so. There are dueling grounds in WvW that many people go to in order to 1v1 each other. Forcing somebody to PvP 1v1 is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for, unless you are simply just looking to kill somebody with the least amount of resistance possible and just grief people as much as you can. Most people who end up being ganked by a 1v1 PvP'er just stand there and let the other person kill them. I know that is exactly what I do. I have no desire to try to take on 1 person individually in open field combat. I will defend towers, keeps, and camps. I will try to take towers, keeps, and camps. I do not want to open field fight. That is boring to me, and yes I know that is my opinion that others do not share. To me WvW is trying to take as much of your enemies territory as you can and hold it while holding your own territories as well, not just running around in open fields looking for other people to fight. If I want to JUST fight people I will go to a game mode more designed for that such as sPvP.

> >

> > Bullocks, dueling is something else then 1v1 same as pvp

> >

> > Map movement and mobility is bullocks now

> > Same as most classes cant dismount An enemy

> >

> > If you wish to flip objectives without players trying to kill you, maybe go eotm OR silverwastes

>

> If you wish to PvP, maybe go to Obsidian Sanctum or sPvP.

Naah wvw is a good place to fight people of all numbers and with numbers. Too bad some feel more of a thrill when they cap a paper tower with 20, over a 2v2 they won after trying a couple of Times