Quality of life proposal: Black Lion Trading

Hey,

My proposal is fairly simple.

There are times when you want to buy something from the trading post, I'm sure it happened to all of us once.

You are in a hurry and purchase something just to find out you bought the wrong quantity or you bought the wrong item.

What I propose is a "money back warranty" , for example you buy an item but you wish to return it and get your money back.

Maybe this could be done with a timer ? 10 minutes, 15 minutes ? If the purchase has ended after the time limit, the buyer receives the currency.

What do you think ? Something that could be a good in-game addition or could be exploited in one way or another ?

I'd propose something a bit simpler.

Addition to the 'are you sure' prompt: detailed view. When prompted to confirm your purchase, a zoomed in version of the icon with extra details of what the item is would be displayed and the quantity. You might see stuff like "soulbound on equip", item description, how many you have on your account, how many times you purchased, etc and the confirm selection would be at the bottom of the window, likely requiring you to scroll to get to it. There would also be a checkbox off in the corner to disable this prompt in the future (you can re-enable it through an options menu).

Also, rule of thumb: the more money you're about to spend, the more careful you need to be. Maybe this prompt would only appear when you are about to spend a certain % of your available gold (perhaps adjustable in an options menu).

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> And if the seller has already spent the money? What happens then?

> I think the option is to re-list the item.

The TP could hold the gold for that time so the seller only sees it as sold when the time has run out (15 min or whatever).

On the whole - I think it's an interesting idea and would fill a minor QoL niche, but not really a big enough to warrant the reworking of the TP. Some kind of bigger confirmation box like Leo G proposes seems like a smaller change, with similar QoL gains and less risk of being used for trade manipulation like Linken brought up.

I can't remember ever having this problem in a situation where this would help. I've definitely bought too many/not enough of an item, or even bought the wrong thing, but only because I misunderstood what I needed. Which means I only notice when I start using it, and then either it's soulbound or a crafting material I've turned into something else or I can minimise the problem by selling it on and only lose the transaction fees.

How do you see this working with account/soul bound items? It seems unlikely that someone who was in such a rush that they bought the wrong thing would realise that in the time between picking an item up from the TP and using it. Would binding it prevent you returning it, making this system useless for bound items, or would Anet have to find a way to remove unlocked skins from the wardrobe, remove titles like Twice-Told Legend, remove progress from collections and all the other things which can progress when you bind an item to prevent people buying them, getting the achievement/title/whatever and then returning them immediately.

I assume if I bought 250 mithril ore, turned it into ingots and then realised I didn't need that much I wouldn't be able to return it, because that seems like quite a complicated process for the game to go through. Especially when I can already fix that problem myself (or at least mitigate it) by selling the excess ingots.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> I'd propose something a bit simpler.

>

> Addition to the 'are you sure' prompt: detailed view. When prompted to confirm your purchase, a zoomed in version of the icon with extra details of what the item is would be displayed and the quantity. You might see stuff like "soulbound on equip", item description, how many you have on your account, how many times you purchased, etc and the confirm selection would be at the bottom of the window, likely requiring you to scroll to get to it. There would also be a checkbox off in the corner to disable this prompt in the future (you can re-enable it through an options menu).

>

> Also, rule of thumb: the more money you're about to spend, the more careful you need to be. Maybe this prompt would only appear when you are about to spend a certain % of your available gold (perhaps adjustable in an options menu).

It's a good idea but I'd definitely want this to be limited to expensive purchases. It might be helpful when I'm about to spend all my gold on 1 item, but it would be really, really annoying when I'm trying to buy loads of cheap items which requires multiple transactions (for example candy corn during Halloween or loads of materials for crafting).