Teaser for Episode 6

> @"Jethro.9376" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > so.. because you didn't like a 'slightly resembling thing' in a *completely different game* it shouldn't ever be in another game again?

>

> I'm not an entitled kiddo that demands to not have it in the game because i don't like...

>

> I just don't like these railroad fights.

> Stop twisting words ;)

Alright, fair.

But i believe anet can pull it off (if its on the table) given their fights are very dynamic.

To be honest, i found WoW's combat very static and immobile. Almost turnbased..

And i think that's what made a fight that's epic on paper, so dull in reality.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> I wonder if we will go to the charr homelands or the maguuma jungle. Few places have trees with green roots like that (at the end of the trailer).

>

> Getting Vb vibes from it.

The void is the interesting element for me..

It suggests that this map is either in the mists (which would be interesting but unlikely) or located around a cliff facing outward over the ocean, which would limit it to the southen areas of the map again.

I have a feeling we could be looking at a map west of Kourna giving us the mountain Kralk was sitting on a while ago but it could also be around scavenger's causeway or Dajkah.. all those areas share a direct connection to the ocean as well as potential mountains/cliffs.

There is also a nice spot East of Kourna too on map you cannot see in game but can see via a Gw2 world map search which shows a large cliff area facing outward to the ocean, if the devs extend the in game map eastward again we could very well be going to an area around there which would be entirely new territory for the franchise.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> just gonna critize the audio here...

> I like Requim for a Dream and all but this music isn't GW which feels rather lackluster. You're much better than just taking epic scores, we've seen you create better.

Its not requiem for a dream. Its the track that plays during Aurene's vision in episode 4.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Edit* picture, can clearly see a character riding whatever it is.

> ![](https://imgur.com/hTWY3Iv.jpg "")

That's probably us sitting on Aurene's back while Kralkatorrik approaches. Even though during the interview session the devs dwelled in her death, I still think a Mist version of her will come back. But who knows really...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Edit* picture, can clearly see a character riding whatever it is.

> > ![](https://imgur.com/hTWY3Iv.jpg "")

>

> That's probably us sitting on Aurene's back while Kralkatorrik approaches. Even though during the interview session the devs dwelled in her death, I still think a Mist version of her will come back. But who knows really...

Maybe. If it's in the mists it could be--although she'd still be dead.

I'm curious what the brown lumpy griffon thing is. Guess I'm saving up in expectation for a new griffon skin.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> > I'm curious what the brown lumpy griffon thing is.

>

> That's what I was referring to as Aurene, as that is the one dragon in the picture on whose back a character is sitting.

It doesn't look anything like Aurene though.

It could actually be a new flying mount.

The trailer certainly conjures up thoughts of potential airborne fights. The Griffon wouldn't really cut it for fights in the air as it is essentially a gliding mount, not a full flyer, and once you drop below the level at which the fight is occurring the only way to get back up is to find something physical to climb back up to height.

What you need is a full flying mount that can actually gain height of it's own accord.

This mount would probably be specific to the new map at release as it has the potential to invalidate a lot of things in existing maps, but later down the line, who knows.

Intriguing!

Perhaps a new mastery to allow the griffon to use updrafts would solve the flying issue without needing a new mount, and making longer airborne periods and fights viable. Of course the map would need a ton of them.

But that comes with its own caveat of requiring the griffon to be unlocked to play the episoide, unless you can do it when gliding too. Like in bloodstone fen you got skills to attack with while gliding.

> @"Sir Alric.5078" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> > > I'm curious what the brown lumpy griffon thing is.

> >

> > That's what I was referring to as Aurene, as that is the one dragon in the picture on whose back a character is sitting.

>

> It doesn't look anything like Aurene though.

It could be a new Premium dragon skin for the Griffon.. or a stand in skin for Aurine to avoid spoiling that she'll be revived this episode.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

My guess is that the flying mount shown in the teaser is a Gryphon. Since the Gryphon is not a requirement for maps, perhaps this Gryphon is one that is a map exclusive or instance exclusive that anyone with or without a Gryphon mount will be able to use. I’m sure the skin will also be available for purchase in the store if you want the skin for your Gryphon mount.

> @"Sir Alric.5078" said:

> It doesn't look anything like Aurene though.

Because an Aurene from the Mists or a resurrected Aurene will still look like the juvenile dragon we knew. If she was to come back and take over Kralkatorrik's powers, she has to be changed or else the results will be the same as last time, namely a untimely end.

> @"Despond.2174" said:

> Aww I thought it was going to be a full trailer with a preview of the new legendary GS. :(

It is in there, did you miss it?

The character on the flying "whatever" clearly has a GS on their back.

Just zoom in and enhance three times to see it in all its glory!

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > just gonna critize the audio here...

> > I like Requim for a Dream and all but this music isn't GW which feels rather lackluster. You're much better than just taking epic scores, we've seen you create better.

>

> Its not requiem for a dream. Its the track that plays during Aurene's vision in episode 4.

>

>

And for me this feels like an awesome track for how the story is at this moment. Thumbs up for the music team.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Despond.2174" said:

> > Aww I thought it was going to be a full trailer with a preview of the new legendary GS. :(

>

> Full trailers are usually released on tuesdays, one week before the episode hits.

>

> Based on the Episode Spotlights they're doing, I expect ep6 on april 30th.

I'm actually in the final phase of crafting Sunrise, but I think I might wait to see what the new GS looks like. I'll still have to farm a veritable boatload of ore and wood I'm sure, but at least I'll have all the clovers and T6 mats ready to go.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Despond.2174" said:

> > > Aww I thought it was going to be a full trailer with a preview of the new legendary GS. :(

> >

> > Full trailers are usually released on tuesdays, one week before the episode hits.

> >

> > Based on the Episode Spotlights they're doing, I expect ep6 on april 30th.

>

> I'm actually in the final phase of crafting Sunrise, but I think I might wait to see what the new GS looks like. I'll still have to farm a veritable boatload of ore and wood I'm sure, but at least I'll have all the clovers and T6 mats ready to go.

I'm opposite lol. have almost everything for new GS if I don't like it, I'll have to craft that visual bug and slap belinda's sword over it.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > It does look like a 'character' is riding the other 'dragon' on that clip.

>

> There is definitely a character or NPC riding it, I got a screen grab of it.

> will upload it in a sec

> Edit* picture, can clearly see a character riding whatever it is.

> ![](https://imgur.com/hTWY3Iv.jpg "")

>

> Hard to tell but it also looks like the dragon in the background is a Shatterer type.

Probably the new WvW mount the Wareagle!