Elegy Mosaic too difficult to get 400 for legendary weapon.

I started crafting a legendary weapon and i already purchased most of the materials. I did not know that I needed to kill legendary bounties to get 400 Elegy Mosaic! It is impossible to do this! There are no parties doing legendary bounties! please make elegy mosaic available through other means.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Every weekend (including this most recent weekend) I visit PoF maps, there's a Bounty Train in action. Have you tried the LFG, or visiting the maps during the more populated times?

The problem is, those groups do all bounties and i don't have time for that. All i want is the legendary bounties, but there are no groups in LFG that do legendary bounties only.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Every weekend (including this most recent weekend) I visit PoF maps, there's a Bounty Train in action. Have you tried the LFG, or visiting the maps during the more populated times?

>

> The problem is, those groups do all bounties and i don't have time for that. All i want is the legendary bounties, but there are no groups in LFG that do legendary bounties only.

If you don't have time for PoF bounties, why not use the original method: HoT map completion plus HoT map currencies?

Regardless, a friend just completed the funerary armor & weapon sets, which require far more than 100 mosaics (specifically: 126 & 792 mosaics respectively). Clearly it's not "too difficult."

Plus, there are other sources: you can trade in bauble bubbles for a [Tyrian Exchange Voucher](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher), which can grant 30 mosaics (plus they also drop rarely from BL chests).

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > Every weekend (including this most recent weekend) I visit PoF maps, there's a Bounty Train in action. Have you tried the LFG, or visiting the maps during the more populated times?

>

> The problem is, those groups do all bounties and i don't have time for that. All i want is the legendary bounties, but there are no groups in LFG that do legendary bounties only.

Create your own then, it's not worth it to just do the Legendary bounties, which is why you hardly if ever see them.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Every weekend (including this most recent weekend) I visit PoF maps, there's a Bounty Train in action. Have you tried the LFG, or visiting the maps during the more populated times?

> >

> > The problem is, those groups do all bounties and i don't have time for that. All i want is the legendary bounties, but there are no groups in LFG that do legendary bounties only.

>

> Create your own then, it's not worth it to just do the Legendary bounties, which is why you hardly if ever see them.

Don't worry about it, I have decided to accept my loss and instead craft a legendary using HoT recipies. I lost about 400 gold.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> You can also get them from the Desert Highlands treasure hunt event

Thanks for mentioning it; I completely forgot about that as a source.

> but that would also be pretty grindy.

Putting some numbers on that:

* [79 E-mosaics per 250 Treasures](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/764373/#Comment_764373) → ~317 chests need to be farmed per legendary.

* 20-25 Superior Treasures per 20-minute event

So a minimum of 16 events, depending on how efficient you are — could be "as little" as 6 hours of farming. Just over two weeks if you get to one event per day, with the big advantage being there's no limit to how many times you farm, other than it only being available 12x/day.

Of course, the biggest advantage: doesn't require a group. (Plus: the rest of the loot is valuable.)

Just do superior treasure Hunt. I have more than 1500 elegies from that. And it is fun, to race against the time. No mapswitching, no full maps, just jumping around. Once you get the hang of it, (meaning which locations to avoid by relogging), you will do 20 chests per run easily.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > You can also get them from the Desert Highlands treasure hunt event

> Thanks for mentioning it; I completely forgot about that as a source.

>

> > but that would also be pretty grindy.

> Putting some numbers on that:

> * [79 E-mosaics per 250 Treasures](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/764373/#Comment_764373) → ~317 chests need to be farmed per legendary.

> * 20-25 Superior Treasures per 20-minute event

>

> So a minimum of 16 events, depending on how efficient you are — could be "as little" as 6 hours of farming. Just over two weeks if you get to one event per day, with the big advantage being there's no limit to how many times you farm, other than it only being available 12x/day.

>

> Of course, the biggest advantage: doesn't require a group. (Plus: the rest of the loot is valuable.)

and assuming you do not find Treasure Hunting Kits to be about as fun as watching paint dry

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> I started crafting a legendary weapon and i already purchased most of the materials. I did not know that I needed to kill legendary bounties to get 400 Elegy Mosaic! It is impossible to do this! There are no parties doing legendary bounties! please make elegy mosaic available through other means.

I wouldn't say impossible, but it sure takes too damn long. Expecially since (at least for me) Legendary Bounties only drop like 2-3 elegy mosaic x boss. You can get like 20 in one go if you are super lucky, but it seems like i only draw the short end of the stick. :/

I still need 200 elegy mosaics (and it took a LONG time to get the first 200) in order to get the Gift of the Rider, and even then i would have to farm Funerary Incense since i have like 8 and i need 250 of those too.

I wonder if i will be able to finish crafting the Shining Blade before the game dies....

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

>

So create a group in LFG for Legendary Bounties? I'm sure there are guides and such on how to kill each legendary, so while I fully understand it's easier to follow another commander than lead a group yourself, clearly that isn't working for you. If you don't have time to kill all bounties on the map and only want to farm legendary bounties, I promise you there are other players online who want the same.

Yeah I am drudging through the funerary incense. I've had the mosaics for ages. I'd way rather have to get 400 more mosaics. Park a toon next to the Choya in Crystal Oasis or Smoldge in Istan and rotate through. I think those are the two most common. Maybe Smoldge not as much these days.