Replacing Gift of Fortune on Aquatic legendaries

Rico.6873

With a achievement path for the first one and for other ones with Icey runestones and other mats

Only thing standing in the way for people to get legendaries is the Gift of fortune and if you gotta choose between a weapon you will always be using and a aquatic weapon

you will use 0.010 chance of time... well the choice is made easily no?

> @"Rico.6873" said:

> So your opinion is to remove them all?

I think the OP wants to remove the gift of fortune from the Mystic Forge recipie, making legendary underwater weapons much cheaper to produce.

I'd rather Anet didn't make any changes that would rule out future underwater content... but... Almost everyone I've asked have admitted to using level up breathers and weapons in fracs or guild missions, and I too am sometimes guilty of this. I guess this could be a nice QOL change...

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Rico.6873" said:

> > So your opinion is to remove them all?

>

> I think the OP wants to remove the gift of fortune from the Mystic Forge recipie, making legendary underwater weapons much cheaper to produce.

>

> I'd rather Anet didn't make any changes that would rule out future underwater content... but... Almost everyone I've asked have admitted to using level up breathers and weapons in fracs or guild missions, and I too am sometimes guilty of this. I guess this could be a nice QOL change...

You can already get cheap breathers from Bitterfrost Frontier anyway. People are just too lazy to bother with something that is a very insignificant part of their play time.

As for the OP, if you made your choice then you've made your choice what is the point of trying to make a debate out of it? You can just make one then the other. There are more land weapons? The same still applies until you've crafted every weapon you like. The only thing you have to decide on is priority.

> @"Drecien.4508" said:

> Underwater legendaries are the cheapest to make. So there's that.

Not really. Except for Eternity, the cost differences for gen1 legendaries are not very big. Underwater legendaries are not the most expensive gen1 legendaries, but they are not either the cheapest ones.

From the OP it sounds like they want BOTH the gift of fortune and gift of kraitkin/kamowhatever/frenzy removed. That is basically the whole cost of the weapons. Why change it? If it costs too much in your opinion, then don't make it. You already get the precursor for a trivial cost.

Kraitkin and the shark spear are really nice designs IMO. Totally worth the price and I made them both. Yeah, I don't see them as much as land weapons, but so what? That was my decision that the price was fair for what I got.

You’re paying for the functionality to change stats as well as the skin. If the cost isn’t worth it to you then don’t make/buy them. The formula to craft should not be change just because they’re not in content that is played often.

What would be requested next? Change the recipes for those when’s that are underused because they’re not a part of meta builds?

The way that I see it is that if the the underwater weapons should be reduced on the premise that there’s relatively little underwater content then that same reasoning can be used the other way around. If there’s so little underwater content, why does having this skin really matter?

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > @"Drecien.4508" said:

> > Underwater legendaries are the cheapest to make. So there's that.

>

> Not really. Except for Eternity, the cost differences for gen1 legendaries are not very big. Underwater legendaries are not the most expensive gen1 legendaries, but they are not either the cheapest ones.

Pres for underwater weapons cost like 15-50 gold

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > @"Drecien.4508" said:

> > Underwater legendaries are the cheapest to make. So there's that.

>

> Not really. Except for Eternity, the cost differences for gen1 legendaries are not very big. Underwater legendaries are not the most expensive gen1 legendaries, but they are not either the cheapest ones.

You can get all 3 Precursors with about 100g right now if you want to.

The price is the same on 2 of the other items needed, and Gift of X Legendary's are usually not that expensive either.

> @"Rico.6873" said:

> Only thing standing in the way for people to get legendaries is the Gift of fortune

And why is that? I've made plenty of legendaries, and there was nothing "standing in my way."

> and if you gotta choose between a weapon you will always be using and a aquatic weapon

> you will use 0.010 chance of time... well the choice is made easily no?

I don't understand a single word. What exactly are you asking for?

Ok, i can see where i was unclear.

OP: don't make an UW legendary if the gift of fortune (or whatever) is putting you off. Instead, invest the time and mats/gold you would otherwise spend into buying the legendary directly from TP. This is assuming you want an UW legendary.