New balance patch incoming next week

EremiteAngel.9765

Well, they finally nerfed the mesmer scepter so probably time to leave power sustain roamer builds behind there and go meta marauder or meta condi. That seems to be what Anet wants for the mesmer. Once upon a time I had so much fun with a scepter/sword brute force fighter, sigh.

For my secondary roamer (well, now probably primary) the p/p gyro scrapper poision dart changes/underwater gyros is nice, though disappointed to see that happen before changing the totally erratic blowtorch that fail like half the time either because the enemy is 5cm above or below you or because they stood in front of you, but not 3.72cm to the right of in front of you so it missed.

For zerging, I see little changes that would affect the fb/scourge/scrapper meta combos, though there are quite a few changes to rev. Maybe more support revs in the zerg? Same with eles, their healing seems buffed. But I honestly doubt it, meta will be meta.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

>

> ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

>

> The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> >

> > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> >

> > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

>

> They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

>

> There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

like the frost bow "buff" or what it ice bow..or frost who knows!

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> > >

> > > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> > >

> > > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

> >

> > They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

> >

> > There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

>

> like the frost bow "buff" or what it ice bow..or frost who knows!

Exactly, just changing names for convenience so there's no same skills/effects with different names.

It breaks my heart they'll be breaking my mesmer build, but tbh I'm suprised it took them this long considering how quickly my other professions builds were dissolved in the past. I'll retool her next week when I see how bad it is and what needs changing, but for now I'm dusting off my pew pew and joining the elite SB squad.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> It breaks my heart they'll be breaking my mesmer build, but tbh I'm suprised it took them this long considering how quickly my other professions builds were dissolved in the past. I'll retool her next week when I see how bad it is and what needs changing, but for now I'm dusting off my pew pew and joining the elite SB squad.

I feel a little sorry for SBs now tbh.

Ever since I got the mount, I get to start a fight right beside them and almost all of them melt in a few moves to my zerg build reaper.

So few of them know how to fight the moment they lose their initial range advantage =/

dark aura might become a good defensive aura to keep up, stack it with frost aura and you have basically a free food effect on you (-20% condi duration -10% physical

damage)

chaos armor got renamed to chaos aura

1 question: does a support tempest only share auras it can provide themself (fire, frost, shock and magnetic) or can it also share light, chaos and dark?

a blast finnisher in gravity well for chaos aura or a leap in a necro well for dark aura to the tempest, would be useful if they could share it to 5-10 peeps

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> >

> > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> >

>

> They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

Active: Signet of the Hunt (6s): Your attacks are **unblockable.**

It doesn't say they are un**DESTROY**able. The wording is deliberate. If you can only block instead of destroy after the patch, I can make it so you can no longer prevent my projectile from hitting you.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> > >

> > > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> > >

> > > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

> >

> > They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

> >

> > There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

> Active: Signet of the Hunt (6s): Your attacks are **unblockable.**

>

> It doesn't say they are un**DESTROY**able. The wording is deliberate. If you can only block instead of destroy after the patch, I can make it so you can no longer prevent my projectile from hitting you.

>

It's a same effect... Even wiki will tell you the same.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> > > >

> > > > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > > > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> > > >

> > > > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

> > >

> > > They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

> > >

> > > There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

> > Active: Signet of the Hunt (6s): Your attacks are **unblockable.**

> >

> > It doesn't say they are un**DESTROY**able. The wording is deliberate. If you can only block instead of destroy after the patch, I can make it so you can no longer prevent my projectile from hitting you.

> >

>

> It's a same effect... Even wiki will tell you the same.

That's interesting. Thanks. I'll check.

"Projectile destruction is an effect similar to blocking that nullifies affected projectile attacks when struck, removing them from the field. Effects that destroy projectiles have no effect on melee, ground, or other attack types and also do not trigger effects which profit from blocking."

It still looks like a different thing, tbh.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> > > > >

> > > > > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > > > > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

> > > >

> > > > They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

> > > >

> > > > There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

> > > Active: Signet of the Hunt (6s): Your attacks are **unblockable.**

> > >

> > > It doesn't say they are un**DESTROY**able. The wording is deliberate. If you can only block instead of destroy after the patch, I can make it so you can no longer prevent my projectile from hitting you.

> > >

> >

> > It's a same effect... Even wiki will tell you the same.

>

> That's interesting. Thanks. I'll check.

>

> "Projectile destruction is an effect similar to blocking that nullifies affected projectile attacks when struck, removing them from the field. Effects that destroy projectiles have no effect on melee, ground, or other attack types and also do not trigger effects which profit from blocking."

> It still looks like a different thing, tbh.

It's better now because it affects all those situations. Unblockable projectiles ignored both of them anyway.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> >

> >

>

>

Yeah, if something's unblockable, it will hit no matter what unless evaded or target's invulnerable.

On a side note: I think this change from _absorbs_ projectiles to _blocks_ mean the traits that __proc__ when you __block__ an attack would now trigger. Like the Warrior's Shield Master trait's "Gain Might when you block an attack" would now trigger from WoD and many of the Guardian's traits when you use Shield of Absorption. They should also probably change the name of the latter. :p

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> dark aura might become a good defensive aura to keep up, stack it with frost aura and you have basically a free food effect on you (-20% condi duration -10% physical

> damage)

>

> chaos armor got renamed to chaos aura

>

> 1 question: does a support tempest only share auras it can provide themself (fire, frost, shock and magnetic) or can it also share light, chaos and dark?

>

> a blast finnisher in gravity well for chaos aura or a leap in a necro well for dark aura to the tempest, would be useful if they could share it to 5-10 peeps

Tempest or better the water GM could always share all types of Auras.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > > > Does that _really_ say, "Unblockable Hammer Rev"?

> > > > >

> > > > > ... and then nerf a whole heap of abilities so that they can't destroy unblockable projectiles anymore?

> > > > > The important words here are **DESTROY** and **BLOCK**.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Ranger love is going to be unreal (sarcasm).

> > > >

> > > > They just changed the name so it makes more sense. Destroy->block because unblockable projectiles cant be neither blocked nor destroyed. Destroying seemed like a useless term and they got rid of it.

> > > >

> > > > There's not a nerf because nothing changed except the name.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Hunt

> > > Active: Signet of the Hunt (6s): Your attacks are **unblockable.**

> > >

> > > It doesn't say they are un**DESTROY**able. The wording is deliberate. If you can only block instead of destroy after the patch, I can make it so you can no longer prevent my projectile from hitting you.

> > >

> >

> > It's a same effect... Even wiki will tell you the same.

>

> That's interesting. Thanks. I'll check.

>

> "Projectile destruction is an effect similar to blocking that nullifies affected projectile attacks when struck, removing them from the field. Effects that destroy projectiles have no effect on melee, ground, or other attack types and also do not trigger effects which profit from blocking."

> It still looks like a different thing, tbh.

[From the wiki page on unlockable. First sentence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable)

"Unblockable is a property of attack skills which prevents the attack from being blocked, **and in case of ranged attacks, reflected or otherwise destroyed by effects of skills.**"

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> > It breaks my heart they'll be breaking my mesmer build, but tbh I'm suprised it took them this long considering how quickly my other professions builds were dissolved in the past. I'll retool her next week when I see how bad it is and what needs changing, but for now I'm dusting off my pew pew and joining the elite SB squad.

>

> I feel a little sorry for SBs now tbh.

> Ever since I got the mount, I get to start a fight right beside them and almost all of them melt in a few moves to my zerg build reaper.

> So few of them know how to fight the moment they lose their initial range advantage =/

I wanna meet these sbs too. Normally soulbeasts 100-0% you even if you're mounted

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I wanna meet these sbs too. Normally soulbeasts 100-0% you even if you're mounted

I recently experienced this - usually I am able to avoid it, but this time I was actually one wolf packed rapid fired to death from mount lol without being able to do anything because it was an insta dismount into a knockdown and straight to 0. Not sure if they ran double lbow but when I looked at combat log, owp and rapidfire appeared to go off twice in a row. I did come back on diff classes as well, even with a 3k armor one, and I still got 100-0'd from my mount before I could do anything. I wanted to try see if there were ways for me to stop it from happening but nope. I guess that is the kind of build we need to be on, it's really effective.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > I wanna meet these sbs too. Normally soulbeasts 100-0% you even if you're mounted

>

> I recently experienced this - usually I am able to avoid it, but this time I was actually one wolf packed rapid fired to death from mount lol without being able to do anything because it was an insta dismount into a knockdown and straight to 0. Not sure if they ran double lbow but when I looked at combat log, owp and rapidfire appeared to go off twice in a row. I did come back on diff classes as well, even with a 3k armor one, and I still got 100-0'd from my mount before I could do anything. I wanted to try see if there were ways for me to stop it from happening but nope. I guess that is the kind of build we need to be on, it's really effective.

Here is a thought, and I'm just thinking out loud, it may not even be relevant to the argument...

But could you not be on the mount and use your class abilities to kill what is presumably a full glass cannon instead?

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > I wanna meet these sbs too. Normally soulbeasts 100-0% you even if you're mounted

> >

> > I recently experienced this - usually I am able to avoid it, but this time I was actually one wolf packed rapid fired to death from mount lol without being able to do anything because it was an insta dismount into a knockdown and straight to 0. Not sure if they ran double lbow but when I looked at combat log, owp and rapidfire appeared to go off twice in a row. I did come back on diff classes as well, even with a 3k armor one, and I still got 100-0'd from my mount before I could do anything. I wanted to try see if there were ways for me to stop it from happening but nope. I guess that is the kind of build we need to be on, it's really effective.

> Here is a thought, and I'm just thinking out loud, it may not even be relevant to the argument...

>

> But could you not be on the mount and use your class abilities to kill what is presumably a full glass cannon instead?

>

I could, but I was curious to see across class/builds what this person could 100-0. They also had a buddies running with them so it was not really easy as they could still 100-0 while I am fighting off their allies. I did try though.