why can't we stay on mounts while interacting with objects/NPCs?

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> It's so the object doesn't get buried under trolls. Removes visual clutter so you can see what's going on

Being able to see anything isn't the focus of GW2, or preventing trolls. It's just poor early development decisions that cause limitations. A bunch of people standing near an npc already makes them invisible, and you don't have to click npcs to interact with them anyways.

I so want this thing added, its a pain when you're doing daily's and you have to dismount to loot/interact.

If this could be added to gathering it would be a cherry on the top, but at least for looting interactions this surely needs to be a thing.

It could also be made into a mastery, like the Pact Commander III mastery in central tyria.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > It's so the object doesn't get buried under trolls. Removes visual clutter so you can see what's going on

>

> Being able to see anything isn't the focus of GW2, or preventing trolls. It's just poor early development decisions that cause limitations. A bunch of people standing near an npc already makes them invisible, and you don't have to click npcs to interact with them anyways.

And now think about a bunch of mounts in a place where several npc's are close together. You will have a hard time find the right one

I personally believe it paces the player when going about their business just a little bit. And brings the importance of the dialogue just a tiny bit more forward.

Slowing down for a few moments before talking or interacting is better than fastfastfastclickclickfastfastfast. At least i think so, it feels more elegant to me this way.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> Mental image: My character riding down toward an Iron Node, grabs his Pickaxe, and whacks at the node like at a Polo match, rides by, turn around and repeat 3 times for all the nodes. And then having to train the raptor to not eat the ore I whack loose.

this is why i have another suggestion; NPC companions who gather trees ores for you so u dont have to do that

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> Lets go one step further, NPC companions who do everything in the game that you need done, so you dont have to do anything at all.

> You can just stand around in a major city watching all the gold and rewards rolling in.

>

But but but ... why do I have to stand around and watch the loot? Can't I just send off my npc companions then go play another game while they gather GW2 riches for me? ;)

I've had enough experiences in other MMOs with my characters disappearing in other people's mounts while I'm just trying to talk to a bank or merchant npc, so I'm kind of glad this situation is a lot less common in GW2.

I am ok with the dismounting in order to interact/harvest, but would love it if they would just let us mount while we have aggro in PvE. Maybe add a cooldown to this so you can not constantly mount/dismount during a fight and have Swiftness cs keep its use during combat that you actually want to stay involved with.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"mauried.5608" said:

> > Lets go one step further, NPC companions who do everything in the game that you need done, so you dont have to do anything at all.

> > You can just stand around in a major city watching all the gold and rewards rolling in.

> >

> But but but ... why do I have to stand around and watch the loot? Can't I just send off my npc companions then go play another game while they gather GW2 riches for me? ;)

>

> I've had enough experiences in other MMOs with my characters disappearing in other people's mounts while I'm just trying to talk to a bank or merchant npc, so I'm kind of glad this situation is a lot less common in GW2.

That kittening Final Fantasy 14 kittening Whale ! That alone is good enough reason. Kitten!

I wonder if there is a market for NPC companions you can buy from the gem store?

You send them off to battle to get you wonderful things, but there is the risk that they all die and NPC companions cant be rezzed so none come back.

You then have to buy some more.

This could be automated as well, so that your bank balance gets automatically debited with the required number of gems and the game buys an equivalent number of new NPC companions who get sent off to battle, and you hope they do better than the last lot.

To solve the problem of having to hang around in the major cities to see what you have won ,or lost , the game could also include an automatic email system that periodically sends you reports of the outcomes of your battles, the mortality rate of you NPC companions , and the declining value of your bank balance.

Automatic debiting of your Credit Card would also be available to keep topping up your declining gem supply.

Ultra super comfy chairs could be available in the gem store, so that your character can rest in ultimate comfort whilst watching the proceedings.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> It's so the object doesn't get buried under trolls. Removes visual clutter so you can see what's going on

If ANet actually had any concerns about that they would have worked on something to prevent people from dropping various stuff next to those objects which gets in the way of interacting with them.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> What a weird poll,

> Anet already gave us the technical reason.

> It works within new PoF interaction, but all pre PoF interaction caused the game to crash.

> So they had option to disable it outside the crystal desert, or just disable it everywhere.

> They whent with consistency

Just gonna quote this because people seem to miss that the devs gave us the reason why.