[suggestion] World completion stars

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Map completion for the expansions isn't nearly the same level as accomplishment as Core Tyria. 4-5 maps versus 30.

>

> If it's easy to implement into a single "icon", then sure, why not? Otherwise it seems more trouble than it's worth.

yeah that is why i mentioned smaller starts, around the big one, maybe bit between beams world completion star.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> There is already too much stuff on the name plate ...

like what? Name, title, guild tag and star, maybe pvp badge?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Can we get that star updated to have 2 small additional start around the big(initial) one for completing HoT and PoF maps?

> What you all think?

it would be nice if we can see the star ourself in the first place.

and then maybe we can add another color to the star for 1,2,3 Core,HoT and PoF completion.

> Map completion for the expansions isn't nearly the same level as accomplishment as Core Tyria. 4-5 maps versus 30.

>

> If it's easy to implement into a single "icon", then sure, why not? Otherwise it seems more trouble than it's worth.

I second this idea. A slightly different icon if you complete everything (core, LW, HoT and PoF) is fine, but no additional icons. And no bright colors. We already have so many stuff on screen. Let's keep things neat and clean.

>

Hey... don't say that - i had much more the feeling of accomplishment after i finished completing Tangled Depths for the first time (did everything by myself, whithout any help, guides or what ever beside for killing champs with groups for some hero challenges) than after my very first core Tyria map completition even if it included the wvw maps as well ... (just joking ofc =) )

@ Topic -Different icon or different color maybe for the star or so would be a very nice idea. I agree that a second star might might be a bit overloaded. But deffinetly nice idea overall.

What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

> @"hash.8462" said:

> What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

> When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

bad idea, you want people to rage?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"hash.8462" said:

> > What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

> > When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

>

> bad idea, you want people to rage?

Rage for a little star near the name?

On the other side, if you think it is so precious, why not?

The most difficult things are those that give more satisfaction.

> @"hash.8462" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"hash.8462" said:

> > > What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

> > > When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

> >

> > bad idea, you want people to rage?

>

> Rage for a little star near the name?

> On the other side, if you think it is so precious, why not?

> The most difficult things are those that give more satisfaction.

rage fr somethign you want to take away from people, something they already earned.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Map completion for the expansions isn't nearly the same level as accomplishment as Core Tyria. 4-5 maps versus 30.

> >

> > If it's easy to implement into a single "icon", then sure, why not? Otherwise it seems more trouble than it's worth.

>

> yeah that is why i mentioned smaller starts, around the big one, maybe bit between beams world completion star.

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > There is already too much stuff on the name plate ...

> like what? Name, title, guild tag and star, maybe pvp badge?

Mastery icon

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Oh right another issue ... do you believe the game has no future? Otherwise what will happen with future expansions? 5 stars? 10 stars? 16 stars?

star has 5 beams, one tiny star between beams make 5 expansions, see I'm very optimistic about game's future.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Oh right another issue ... do you believe the game has no future? Otherwise what will happen with future expansions? 5 stars? 10 stars? 16 stars?

>

> star has 5 beams, one tiny star between beams make 5 expansions, see I'm very optimistic about game's future.

Then star on the corner of each of the smaller stars? Fractal icon?

> @"hash.8462" said:

> What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

> When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

It would increase the differences between players with a free account and paying players. A new icon would already create some discontent (and this is probably the main reason why ANet only considers the core maps for such title), removing what everyone can achieve it would be even worse.

Not everything must be done to show it off, you know. I have 9 characters and I'm completing all the maps on all of them, just because I like it. I don't care about stars. Though it's just me.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> > @"hash.8462" said:

> > What about giving the star only to characters that have done every map (core+hot+pof+all ls maps) and everyone else lose it?

> > When a new map ls map or expansion is released you just lose the star until you can get it back by completing the new added maps.

> It would increase the differences between players with a free account and paying players.

Sounds good in my book.