Suggestion: Transmutation of Light, Medium, Heavy Armor & Gemstore Outfit Pieces

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > > > > > @"Rukario.1695" said:

> > > > > > * Sometimes we want to have a certain hat or shoulder pad (epaulet, etc), allowing a choice of what to wear of an outfit allows us to do as we wish.

> > > > >

> > > > > **YES!!!!**

> > > > > Please Anet do this!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Defeates the purpose of the onesie outfit tho dont it?

> > >

> > > So what if it does? It allows greater freedom in creating the look a player wants. If the feature becomes available and you don't like it, don't use it. The rest of us can have more fun.

> >

> > You don't get it, the purpose of "onesie" outfit is that its easier and quicker for Anet to pump out. Changing that takes away that shorter dev time and leaves us in the same spot we're in with normal armors, new skins coming out once or maybe twice a year at best.

>

> Unless you work on the Anet dev team you have no idea how much effort it takes to deliver this functionality. There have been plenty of armor skins and outfits on the gem store on a regular basis. Something like this could only encourage outfit sales by making outfits that were undesirable because of a few parts, way more appealing.

We absolutely know how much effort it takes to make an outfit vs regular armor, as Inculpatus cedo has stated, because Arenanet themselves have told us so. They have explicitly stated that outfits are easier and quicker to make because they don't have to be made to mix with pieces from already existing armor sets and they don't have to make a set for each armor weight.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> You forgot the

>

> Con: Armor rigging is different per weight class.

so they have to chop them off at different points? that is incredibly easy.

i don't have much experience with 3DS max, but even i could do that in under a minute.

this covers chopping up outfits too, they could easily be chopped into sections.

the next excuse that we always hear is the good ole "clipping" one.

which is redundant because we already have a ton of clipping armours,

it is up to the users to pick and choose armours that work well together.

there is no reason or excuse why armour cosmetics still have "weights"

the old excuse was that they wanted you to tell weight class at a glance, but then they added outfits like wedding dress for tanks and ironclad for wizards.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> There is no such thing. Outfits are designed as onesies; they do not exist in pieces that can be mixed and matched.

actually before the wardrobe update that is EXACTLY how they worked, every outfit before that update like Cook's Outfit are infact in parts.

made up of Cooks Hat, Gloves, Boots, Coat and Leggings, and you could mix and match them with other pieces.

like sticking the Pumpkin from Mad King's outfit on your head.

and there is no reason for outfits not to be chopped up again and sold as armour skins, i'd buy a ton of them.

Here’s some posts from the devs talking about making armor in this game

>[**Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet**](

)

>Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs.

>GimmeSylvari

>Hi ! Will there ever be any official armor design contests? :D Like the guild emblem creation, but for a full armor set ?

> ANet Regina B

>**Armor is one of the most expensive things in the game to create. Armor is complicated and needs to be created with many considerations in mind, and these considerations may not be easily apparent or describable to fan armor designers**. It isn't a bad idea to run a contest like this, but it's many orders more involved than other types of contests, which may be a better use of our limited development and marketing resources. We always have to weigh the pros and cons of any type of contest based on our marketing goals. 

The devs have repeatedly said that armor in this game is expensive and time consuming to create. Just because there is cosmetic onesies in game doesn’t mean that they are on the pathway to armor or that they can be converted into armor with a few snips of the scissors.

I am going to jump in on this necro thread. I have wanted trhis for quite a bit of time, to expand the wardrobe with 100 skins that are allready in the game.

Being that the armour is already in the game, how hard is it really to just re-rig the armour?

The excuse is very thin now that many things were said to be 'impossible' (capes/dyeable back items) yet we have seen them come into the game. So I believe the same could be done with the armours as well, whichc will expand everyones skin horizon, purchasing skins they would not normally buy due to the weight.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> I am going to jump in on this necro thread. I have wanted trhis for quite a bit of time, to expand the wardrobe with 100 skins that are allready in the game.

>

> Being that the armour is already in the game, how hard is it really to just re-rig the armour?

> The excuse is very thin now that many things were said to be 'impossible' (capes/dyeable back items) yet we have seen them come into the game. So I believe the same could be done with the armours as well, whichc will expand everyones skin horizon, purchasing skins they would not normally buy due to the weight.

>

Yea we can totaly dye all our backpacks, oh wait no we cant its only new tech for the absolutley newest backpacks so yes try another reason mate.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

>

> Yea we can totaly dye all our backpacks, oh wait no we cant its only new tech for the absolutley newest backpacks so yes try another reason mate.

>

Dyable back packs was said to be impossible and would never come into GW2. Yet it did. So I would say that is a valid point to come from.

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> >

> > Yea we can totaly dye all our backpacks, oh wait no we cant its only new tech for the absolutley newest backpacks so yes try another reason mate.

> >

>

>

> Dyable back packs was said to be impossible and would never come into GW2. Yet it did. So I would say that is a valid point to come from.

>

Its a valid point when they go back and change all the backpacks that come before like your trying to say they should do with all outfits.

Edit

If this come to be it will be armor skins sold in the cash shop something they have stoped doing after community wanted it earned in game instead of sold in store hence they started selling outfits instead.

Edit 2

And people have been asking to make backpacks dyeable all of them, this havent happened.

But it made anet look for a way to make it so atleast we got it into the game going forward.

• 3 months later...

The most simple and best answer is to let you transmute different armour weights BUT ONLY the same weight across all 6 pieces. I think youd be hard pressed to claim that would be a very difficult change to make....No clipping issues (outside of the horrible ones that already exist) and no tears. It bugs the hell out of me that my swordswomen ele, a melee character, is forced to wear CLOTH into a MELEE fight and cant wear armour.

It isnt what ALL people want but to be frank, to all you people demanding interweight transmuting, you are being SUPER unrealistic.

As for the TERRIBLE "counter argument" of "oh but pvp balance"..........pfffftt LOOOL what game you playing that you think theres PVP balance lol! Besides, outfits and the increasing amount of skins that are the same over all weights, bear/raven shaman and gem store stuff really throw that out the window.

The pros/cons of making this system:

Cons: ................um?

Pros: anet MASSIVELY increase player choice without having to make a million new skins for each weight. (currently new skins are painfully dripfed in and not very good to boot)

To reiterate! Im pro the idea of transmuting different armour weights but NOT for interweight transmuting, i do think that is an unrealistic demand.