New armour sets and still no good trenchcoat

I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be shit right?

Sigh

> @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

>

> That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be kitten right?

>

> Sigh

I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

> @"calb.3128" said:

> I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

I do want them indeed! The coats I mean, not dresses or buttcapes. Something simple... no need for over-the-top layers and spikes/blades. I haven't changed my chestpiece for 4 years now xD I mean, the upper half of the male medium armor is decent, but I just can't have my druid wear a jacket lol

What armour weight are you looking at? Medium armour has a lot of trench coats for both male and female characters, but because Anet seem to have a theme for each armour weight and medium gets trench coats the other two don't.

If you want something which is totally different to that theme you'll probably need to use an outfit.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> What armour weight are you looking at? Medium armour has a lot of trench coats for both male and female characters, but because Anet seem to have a theme for each armour weight and medium gets trench coats the other two don't.

>

> If you want something which is totally different to that theme you'll probably need to use an outfit.

As far as I can tell, they want something that looks like the female version of the medium Mist Shard armour, but on a male character. That seems totally reasonable to me, but the ANet armour designers obviously disagree, since the male and female versions are wildly different for no discernible reason. The female version isn't what I would call a trenchcoat, but it is more trenchcoaty than the male one.

I think the closest thing available for male character is Accursed armour... but it's really not very close.

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > What armour weight are you looking at? Medium armour has a lot of trench coats for both male and female characters, but because Anet seem to have a theme for each armour weight and medium gets trench coats the other two don't.

> >

> > If you want something which is totally different to that theme you'll probably need to use an outfit.

>

> As far as I can tell, they want something that looks like the female version of the medium Mist Shard armour, but on a male character. That seems totally reasonable to me, but the ANet armour designers obviously disagree, since the male and female versions are wildly different for no discernible reason. The female version isn't what I would call a trenchcoat, but it is more trenchcoaty than the male one.

>

> I think the closest thing available for male character is Accursed armour... but it's really not very close.

But if the OP is looking for "any cool good looking medium armour trench coats" then there's plenty of options besides the newest armour set.

It would be like someone looking at the elegy and requiem sets and complaining that they really want a skirt for a light armoured female. That one set is no good but almost every other one in the game has what they want, so the solution is to use a different one instead.

I suppose I could assume the OP means they want that specific female armour on a male character, but they didn't say that, just that they want a trench coat, and I don't like trying to reinterpret posts like that because there's too much risk of misunderstanding.

We could have at least 50% more armor options if both “male” and “female” styles were available to both!!! Sometimes I really like the look of one and not the other but want to use it on the gender it wasn’t designed for. :disappointed:

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > What armour weight are you looking at? Medium armour has a lot of trench coats for both male and female characters, but because Anet seem to have a theme for each armour weight and medium gets trench coats the other two don't.

> > >

> > > If you want something which is totally different to that theme you'll probably need to use an outfit.

> >

> > As far as I can tell, they want something that looks like the female version of the medium Mist Shard armour, but on a male character. That seems totally reasonable to me, but the ANet armour designers obviously disagree, since the male and female versions are wildly different for no discernible reason. The female version isn't what I would call a trenchcoat, but it is more trenchcoaty than the male one.

> >

> > I think the closest thing available for male character is Accursed armour... but it's really not very close.

>

> But if the OP is looking for "any cool good looking medium armour trench coats" then there's plenty of options besides the newest armour set.

>

> It would be like someone looking at the elegy and requiem sets and complaining that they really want a skirt for a light armoured female. That one set is no good but almost every other one in the game has what they want, so the solution is to use a different one instead.

>

> I suppose I could assume the OP means they want that specific female armour on a male character, but they didn't say that, just that they want a trench coat, and I don't like trying to reinterpret posts like that because there's too much risk of misunderstanding.

Yes, rereading it it does seem like I might have misinterpreted it. The first two sentences do seem to be about the female Mist Shard armour, but the rest is indeed about cool trenchcoats in general. I guess "that one trenchcoat outfit" could be the Outlaw Outfit, but that doesn't make sense since there are several medium armour sets almost identical to that!

> @"calb.3128" said:

> > @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> > I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

> >

> > That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be kitten right?

> >

> > Sigh

>

> I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

I'm not even sure what a butt cape even is LOL.. and i'm not joking. but then again it took me numerous months of seeing chicken nugget pop up here and there to as to what was being mentioned lol

> @"LordHanuman.5873" said:

> > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> > > I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

> > >

> > > That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be kitten right?

> > >

> > > Sigh

> >

> > I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

>

> I'm not even sure what a butt cape even is LOL.. and i'm not joking. but then again it took me numerous months of seeing chicken nugget pop up here and there to as to what was being mentioned lol

>

It's the tassets or the bottom of a tunic or cuirass on heavy armour. Because of the way heavy armour is split into the chest or leg pieces these bits (which in real life would be part of the chest piece) are attached to the leg armour, so if you're using mix-and-match armour it can look out of place - like a random sheet of cloth or metal starting at your waist. So like a cape, but only covering your butt - butt cape. I'm not quite sure why that's the term which caught on here, I don't remember seeing it outside of this forum, but for whatever reason it did.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"LordHanuman.5873" said:

> > > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > > @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> > > > I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

> > > >

> > > > That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be kitten right?

> > > >

> > > > Sigh

> > >

> > > I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

> >

> > I'm not even sure what a butt cape even is LOL.. and i'm not joking. but then again it took me numerous months of seeing chicken nugget pop up here and there to as to what was being mentioned lol

> >

>

> It's the tassets or the bottom of a tunic or cuirass on heavy armour. Because of the way heavy armour is split into the chest or leg pieces these bits (which in real life would be part of the chest piece) are attached to the leg armour, so if you're using mix-and-match armour it can look out of place - like a random sheet of cloth or metal starting at your waist. So like a cape, but only covering your butt - butt cape. I'm not quite sure why that's the term which caught on here, I don't remember seeing it outside of this forum, but for whatever reason it did.

LOL thats kind of funny. Sadly i've only been playing since October of last year and only recently started checking out the forums. so my terminology is some what lacking. I just enjoy the game.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"LordHanuman.5873" said:

> > > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > > @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> > > > I had hope. The armour that was briefly teased in videos before the release looked kinda cool, but well... it was on a female character. I guess I can't really expect any cool, good looking medium armor trenchcoats from anet... or any good looking male armours for that matter.

> > > >

> > > > That one trenchcoat outfit looks good. I guess if you can't sell it for dem gemmies it's gonna be kitten right?

> > > >

> > > > Sigh

> > >

> > > I'm not sure whether it's because I read this during Eurovision, but it made me laugh... everyone is crying out for no more trench coats (or dresses or 'butt capes'), and you are wanting them?! I'm quite a fan of the new male medium armour set.

> >

> > I'm not even sure what a butt cape even is LOL.. and i'm not joking. but then again it took me numerous months of seeing chicken nugget pop up here and there to as to what was being mentioned lol

> >

>

> It's the tassets or the bottom of a tunic or cuirass on heavy armour. Because of the way heavy armour is split into the chest or leg pieces these bits (which in real life would be part of the chest piece) are attached to the leg armour, so if you're using mix-and-match armour it can look out of place - like a random sheet of cloth or metal starting at your waist. So like a cape, but only covering your butt - butt cape. I'm not quite sure why that's the term which caught on here, I don't remember seeing it outside of this forum, but for whatever reason it did.

That reminds me ... there is a similar thing that happens with some light coats and gloves. There are several set where it would have been nicer if they made the sleeves go with the gloves instead of the coat. Instead we end up with a lot of similar looking gloves because the unique part is attached to the coat instead.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> We have so much trenchcoat. I like it but this design is suitable for specific races and genders.

hmm I don't remember seeing this one, but I don't have any medium armor-class female characters either. Reminds me of Sansa's breastplate :D Rip GoT.

the problem with trenchcoats is simple, all of them have way to much fluff on them.

i would like a sleek one that follows the body shape closely, i need my vamp stylish.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1NSu.uyCYBuNkSnaVq6AMsVXa3/Sous-monde-guerres-de-sang-Selene-Cosplay-costume-Halloween-costumes-pour-femmes-adultes-Vampire-Selena-combinaison.jpg_640x640.jpg

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> As far as I can tell, they want something that looks like the female version of the medium Mist Shard armour, but on a male character. That seems totally reasonable to me, but the ANet armour designers obviously disagree, since the male and female versions are wildly different for no discernible reason. The female version isn't what I would call a trenchcoat, but it is more trenchcoaty than the male one.

Indeed. I like the... how would you call it... the long strips of leather hanging down from the sides of the chestpiece. When I saw this armour in the teaser video I though that it's gonna be a "full coat". Unfortunately the back part is missing, showing off the character's butt instead. It's a shame.

I really like how the blossoming version of the medium chestpiece has this... scaly texture, but then again, it's a jacket. I'm not saying that there are not enough trechcoat-like chestpieces, but I'd like to see something new and thematic to the story. Maybe next time.

> @"Jaffawer.4932" said:

> > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > As far as I can tell, they want something that looks like the female version of the medium Mist Shard armour, but on a male character. That seems totally reasonable to me, but the ANet armour designers obviously disagree, since the male and female versions are wildly different for no discernible reason. The female version isn't what I would call a trenchcoat, but it is more trenchcoaty than the male one.

>

> Indeed. I like the... how would you call it... the long strips of leather hanging down from the sides of the chestpiece.

I call it "extraneous". That piece would have been better without them.

Hmm ... but it depends a lot on dyes. When I was previewing on a different character they looked like cheap rags. Looks much better on the character I am previewing them on right now.