did we downgrade the servers?

reddie.5861

> @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > dx912 pxy reduces the skill lags :-)

> > Which would be literally impossible due to serverside processing of skills.

> >

> try it ....

>

>

No need. I already told you. **It is literally impossible**. As impressive as the DX12 wrapper is from a graphical standpoint, it doesnt change network protocols of the game or how the servers send data to clients. If it did we wouldnt be having this discussion because anyone using it would be banned.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > > dx912 pxy reduces the skill lags :-)

> > > Which would be literally impossible due to serverside processing of skills.

> > >

> > try it ....

> >

> >

> No need. I already told you. **It is literally impossible**. As impressive as the DX12 wrapper is from a graphical standpoint, it doesnt change network protocols of the game or how the servers send data to clients. If it did we wouldnt be having this discussion because anyone using it would be banned.

>

>

Most players dont understand that the skill lag is the server side trying to reach all clients after calculating all the aoe damageand condi ticks, boons boons removals etc etc etc plus the netcode, gw2 has sync issues, another reason why skill lag "must " happen, its enforced by the server side netcode.

Some time players KB will KB players that have stability, or KB skill wont KB target that has no stability, sometimes u loose validations that a wall on a keep is up, and for your client it thinks wall is stilldown cause it failed to receive wall validation, and u can get trough it, theres alot of borked up quality besides the skill lag all in the name of SPAM for casuals.....

Wich is why i dont understand why Anet keeps increase aoe spam of everything while their game netcode and hardware cant handle it... IMO thi is a sign that some pleople on Anet do not care about gameplay quality besides graphics or dont know what is doing.

Its like ur trying to get into nascar with a car that is not prepared to it, and u keep changin components that end always with huge botlenecks in performance.. rather than adapt to what type of race competitioin your can can do it.

Anet on class and skill design ends in the same way... they are doing stuff that server side cant handle.... it more than proven all this years, and they kept enforcing and make it worse...

As a developer and some one that have some minimal exp on game developing, i trully dont understand Anet quality and LOGIC, they rather pretend to have quality than improve real quality in their game.

I am not understanding this, as during Boss week, the servers were upgraded to accommodate extra players (maybe a rumour), and after 7 years in WvW, not much done to improve. I can say that a large majority WvW players have left due to the frustrations of nothing being done to improve the game play, and in my opinion, the only thing that counts is exactly that, the experience in gameplay, not the window dressing, and another skin, another item brought back and had the dust blown off from 5 years ago, its the gameplay, help!!

Could be. My guess is yes. But that's just me.

It could also be the amount of bandwidth they're allocating or a less performing one.

Or we got more procs for the server to execute nowadays. Imagine all the processing saved if they didn't have so many condition timers going on and off. RRRRRRRRR.