Is alliances still going to make it?

Tomahawk.7361

> @"Teon.5168" said:

> I seriously doubt if we'll ever see the alliance system in wvw.

It gives me no joy to say so but I have to agree. This is one of those situations where I would love to be wrong tho . . .

I'm also not sure how much alliances would really fix. WvW's biggest problem is balance, and the reason that problem persists is that players don't want balance. I'm not sure how much anet can affect that . . .

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Tomahawk.7361" said:

> > I still root for it to succeed, but can't help but feel all my financial support of this game only goes into PvE.

> Its the same "financial support" you know. Nothing spent in a particular gameplay mode will be allocated specifically for that gameplay mode. So in Anets books, that OK.

>

> It is disappointing not to have heard anything new on alliances however. My personal hope is that now when the LS episode is over, they will take the time to focus on mechanics and system instead of content. Still want those build templates too :(

>

> But I have feeling I will remain disappointed.

Just use arc dps build templates, those work like a charm

I am sure they will implement the alliance System before Long. They cannot just put everything else aside, like new living Story, for a year or so to Focus on a WvW System with so many PvE Players and it is hard to tell how complex it is to implement (and extensively test) a basically whole new wvw matchup System.

As a solo roamer I am currently enjoying fighting stronger Servers anyway, I know it is bad for all zergfighters or those who want to "win" the war score, but at least being outnumbered is a cool way to get stronger in roaming.

And I have now Idea why my auto-correct writes certain words with capital letters, forgive me on that^^

> @"Prinzsecond.4863" said:

> I am sure they will implement the alliance System before Long. They cannot just put everything else aside, like new living Story, for a year or so to Focus on a WvW System with so many PvE Players and it is hard to tell how complex it is to implement (and extensively test) a basically whole new wvw matchup System.

>

> As a solo roamer I am currently enjoying fighting stronger Servers anyway, I know it is bad for all zergfighters or those who want to "win" the war score, but at least being outnumbered is a cool way to get stronger in roaming.

>

> And I have now Idea why my auto-correct writes certain words with capital letters, forgive me on that^^

This is why i am leaning to the "Never gonna see it" side. At least before I move on to a new game that makes RvR more of a priority. ANet prioritizes PvE over everything else. Given more players are PvE-centric than PvP-centric so this makes some sense. However, there are quite a few players that PvE and dabble in WvW. ANet has issues with delegation of their work/design, and I'm not so sure that they will ever delegate enough man hours to see alliances to fruition.

> @"Teon.5168" said:

> I seriously doubt if we'll ever see the alliance system in wvw. Anet will continue to talk about it so as to 'dangle a bone' out there.....but I really don't think it will ever happen. And if it ever did come to be, it would probably be so heavily bugged that most wvw'ers would just ignore it.

>

> At this point in the game's life, there is for more money to be made by adding content and shinies to PvE. WvW has never been a priority to Anet, and with the game's age, the recent layoffs, wvw population, etc.....there is no reason not to expect even less attention to be paid to the mode by Anet.

>

> As another poster in this thread said.....'expect little and you won't be greatly disappointed'.

At this point I can assume we'll only get Alliances when they figure out how to also monetize it like server transfers.

Right now the main revenue stream frim WvW is from the Locusts Alliance and other bandwagoners.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

>

> At this point I can assume we'll only get Alliances when they figure out how to also monetize it like server transfers.

>

LOL. You are correct. If Anet can find a way to monetize it in the gem store, it will happen.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Teon.5168" said:

> > I seriously doubt if we'll ever see the alliance system in wvw.

>

> It gives me no joy to say so but I have to agree. This is one of those situations where I would love to be wrong tho . . .

>

> I'm also not sure how much alliances would really fix. WvW's biggest problem is balance, and the reason that problem persists is that players don't want balance. I'm not sure how much anet can affect that . . .

Unfortunately, in any sort of game that has WvW/RvR, "balance" is an issue, and I think it always will be. There is really no way to solve the balance issue, as it can mean many different things to many different players.

And yea, I hope I am wrong, too, about alliances. Kylden had a good point about it though....if Anet can find a way to monetize the alliance system, it most definitely will happen.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"knite.1542" said:

> > They will come. It might take time but I have high hopes. For now we should try to make the most of what we have. Anet hasn't let us down yet ....

>

Poster was drunk for sure, or lives in an alternate reality.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> I don't particularly care when/if alliances make it into the game, but my gem buying is over(6 months and counting) until alliances hit.

>

> I have spent quite a bit of money on this game, and for me to continue to support it to the level I have they need to put out some promised WvW content.

>

> They promise something, they need to deliver.

I'm in the same boat..

"Only PvE players spend money on the game so thats why theres no development for PvP/WvW"......... Sitting here looking at the thousands Ive spent on this game being told my money is only fueling more Living Stories. Anet enforcing this with every update and patch.

Only a fool would keep giving them money.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"knite.1542" said:

> > They will come. It might take time but I have high hopes. For now we should try to make the most of what we have. Anet hasn't let us down yet ....

>

> Seriously?

Must be a fairly new player to think that.....but his/her comment did make me laugh a lot. ;)

Yea, Anet has never let us down..../snicker....hey, I got some oceanfront property for sale in AZ. Interested?

About the player base, not just WvW pop is shrinking, PVE as well. Maps are getting empty and holiday events like this year Lunar New Year event in DR, i was surprised to see the crowd has shrunk by more that 50% compared to last year.

Lesser player means lesser chance of sales of gem for RL money, WvW or PVE.

The only income from WvW now is money earned from server bandwagoners every two months. Even that, most will use gold to buy gems.

The server relink idea definitely make some money for Anet but it killed the server identity pride on the players' side and i believe this is reason for the dwindling population.

And, also I guess one of the main reasons for having a WvW mount is hoping to earn some income from the sales of their skins.

But then, the Warclaw is like they throw you a Battle Cat and slowly they beat it to half death after you bought the skin.

I have played very little WvW now and no way i will buy another skin for my sick kitty.

Alliance? I highly doubt it.

I'd sooner expect a Guild Wars Mobile hero collector gatcha game than alliances. Pay that € for that sweet sweet SSR Queen Jenna limited edition waifu, or spend them gems on a Prince Charming Husbando Logan Thackeray costume.

NC Soft approves.

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> I'd sooner expect a Guild Wars Mobile hero collector gatcha game than alliances. Pay that € for that sweet sweet SSR Queen Jenna limited edition waifu, or spend them gems on a Prince Charming Husbando Logan Thackeray costume.

>

> NC Soft aproves.

LooooL

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> I'd sooner expect a Guild Wars Mobile hero collector gatcha game than alliances. Pay that € for that sweet sweet SSR Queen Jenna limited edition waifu, or spend them gems on a Prince Charming Husbando Logan Thackeray costume.

>

> NC Soft approves.

I am reminded that NCSoft owns ANet... One of the worst aspects about ANet right now because NCSoft was the one that destroyed much of ANet's resources by trying (and failing) to launch new IPs that were focused on mobile...

> @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > @"Absurd.2947" said:

> > I'd sooner expect a Guild Wars Mobile hero collector gatcha game than alliances. Pay that € for that sweet sweet SSR Queen Jenna limited edition waifu, or spend them gems on a Prince Charming Husbando Logan Thackeray costume.

> >

> > NC Soft approves.

>

> I am reminded that NCSoft owns ANet... One of the worst aspects about ANet right now because NCSoft was the one that destroyed much of ANet's resources by trying (and failing) to launch new IPs that were focused on mobile...

Do you guys not have phones?

(I know I know....wrong company, but same hilarity)

Once aspect of Alliances that is pretty interesting is that the longer it takes the more hinges on it.

They will have been working on it for two years soon and they're painting themselves further into a corner. Not only does the mode bleed content-creating players while we wait but if it doesn't come to fruition all those players waiting will leave in droves and if it doesn't deliver when it does come out those same players will leave in droves.

It really needs to come with incentives for the players who create the content to actually create content. We're so deep into the bagfarm mindset of the mode now (with so many following so few) that being forced to take initiatives with content-creation can have an implosive effect on the content.

Not to be a doomsayer or anything, I just find that - shall we call it psychological - aspect of Alliances fascinating. The overall content of the mode now is so volatile that it risks both exploding and imploding while it keeps becomming more and more unstable as we wait. It is a completely difference landscape now than from when it was first announced.

> @"knite.1542" said:

> They will come. It might take time but I have high hopes. For now we should try to make the most of what we have. Anet hasn't let us down yet so let's just keep charging. I am very excited for a breath of fresh air into wvw.

Lel wut you must be new.. About the alliance thingy , soon[tm].