Skyscale mount, horrible acquisition implementation !

Good day Anet,

So I will try to be as polite as I possibly can be.

I understand people complained about the gold cost when you released the griffon.

but in all honesty, 250g is not that much.

Yet, you listened and now for the skyscale, you decided to instead ask for a ton of RNG based account bound map currencies.

That's fine and all, but at the very least give the players that have the gold the option to bypass the RNG currency farm.

On top of that, that currency is RNG based, I hate that !!! I avoid your RNG gathering like the plague that it is.

Now, if I want this mount I cannot avoid this plague you have created, because all goody a.net decided that indeed 250g is too much to ask for a mount.

Well, to me those RNG account bound currencies are a much more unacceptable issue !

For two very important reasons:

1 - I don't have 8 hours a day to play the game and farm, I have a life, a job, and bunch of other stuff to do, and honestly that is not what I would call fun !

2 - Those RNG based account bound currencies are a plague, a disease this game does NOT need !

That's it, I'm done !

I will say this, this happens again I'm quitting this game, even though I love it so much !

EDIT:

Also, why is this collection like 20 times longer than any mount collection before it ? like really WTF !!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The collection is long because its used for making the legendary trinket. And honestly, it's not even that long now that they reduced the timegates.

Collecting the currency isn't hard. There is hearts, metas, and nodes/chests. Either knuckle down and grind it out as fast as you can or just go back to the maps once a day for a short while. It's not really that difficult. Just maybe... stop avoiding getting the currencies like you said you do? This sounds like a self inflicted problem to me.

You say that 250g is nothing but then complain that you don't have the time to farm up some map currencies?

I understand you don't have all the time in the world to play (neither do i, and a slight reduction in currency cost would have been nice, but it didn't happen so we just have to deal with that) but what is the great rush? I started the skyscale collections pretty immediately and didn't even know at that point (and neither did anyone else) that that many currencies would be required, but i farm a bit each day and know i'll get the mount eventually. It can be relaxing if you frame it right in your head.

> @"Latinkuro.9420" said:

>

> 1 - I don't have 8 hours a day to play the game and farm, I have a life, a job, and bunch of other stuff to do, and honestly that is not what I would call fun !

Nothing on the planet Earth is forcing you to farm 8 hours per day. You are not even forced to have beetle by the game. So where is the problem? If you want it RIGHT now like the others whiners, you have to deal with it.

I really dont get it this behaviour. Developers give something, on you can work for some time, relatively cheap and you complain.

When you will start to complain, that legendaries are too expensive? That you want just a skin, but you cant because there is huge amount of resources you need.

I'm personally not a fan of the implimentation - I rushed through the story to get a skyscale, and got hit with two long collections and a "come back tomorrow" an hour after reset. The preconception that I'd do 2 or 3 collections at most made me rather salty, which is kind of a shame because it wasn't a bad collection (though I only thought so after I finally got what Anet was going for durring the third step of the achievement).

I think I would have approached the Skyscale differently if I knew we were actually raising the skyscale, rather than simply rushing a bunch of pointless achievements (like with the Beetle).

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> yes its horrible but some seem to like it.i done most of it up to sky scale saddle and gave up.to much grind in what was a no grind game.

>

So dont take it as a grind. For example during the collection I have found some activities I have missed during mine gameplay. For example in Desert Highlands - Dwarven mines with those plates and I have completed those weapon skins. Or on LS maps I havent finnished map rewards. So now I have all corsair skins + as I have figured it out, its a good start for the new Vision trinket. Or just do metas on maps, enjoy them, because later on they will be dead as used to be. Or you can do WvW or PvP for reward track. Final reward is 10 + selectable 50 and I dont count previous rewards.

As you can see there are more ways how to obtain currency.

> @"Krizek.5672" said:

> > @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > yes its horrible but some seem to like it.i done most of it up to sky scale saddle and gave up.to much grind in what was a no grind game.

> >

>

> So dont take it as a grind. For example during the collection I have found some activities I have missed during mine gameplay. For example in Desert Highlands - Dwarven mines with those plates and I have completed those weapon skins. Or on LS maps I havent finnished map rewards. So now I have all corsair skins + as I have figured it out, its a good start for the new Vision trinket. Or just do metas on maps, enjoy them, because later on they will be dead as used to be. Or you can do WvW or PvP for reward track. Final reward is 10 + selectable 50 and I dont count previous rewards.

>

> As you can see there are more ways how to obtain currency.

>

>

the whole collection is grind.repetitive tasks over and over and over.read all the threads on the forums and reddit about it

grind is what some mmorpg s use as a substitute for proper content.guild wars 2 has gave up its values and abandoned a lot of its loyal customers who came to the game because it claimed to be different.check out there manifesto from 2010.

I play 2 hours a day, because I work, but even on the weekend no more them 3 hours, I'm to the last steps of getting the skyscale, so... it's not that hard and time consuming as people claim. Yeah, you can't get it for a day or two, but for 2-3 weeks with no pressure it's perfectly fine. Thanks.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Which currency is RNG based?

>

> Only the treats as far as i know.

> And those drop on 10-20 kills avaregely.

> It shouldn't take more than an hour to get all treats.

I think that by RNG-based currency he means the actual gathering of which-ever currency (mistonium nodes, diflourite cristals etc), when you get 1,2 3-when-especially-lucky but sometimes you get 0. This is something i don't like neither. I mean... if I'm there to gather then id like to get what i'm trying to get and not dragonite ore or empyreal fragments. When you see 3 trees you know exactly what you will get - 9 wood logs (more if you are lucky and use some boosters) but when you see 3 mistonium nodes you might get nothing out of them if you are extremely unlucky.

But overall i like the whole skyscale collections ^^ they just need time and i'm fine with that.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Which currency is RNG based?

> >

> > Only the treats as far as i know.

> > And those drop on 10-20 kills avaregely.

> > It shouldn't take more than an hour to get all treats.

>

> I think that by RNG-based currency he means the actual gathering of which-ever currency (mistonium nodes, diflourite cristals etc), when you get 1,2 3-when-especially-lucky but sometimes you get 0. This is something i don't like neither. I mean... if I'm there to gather then id like to get what i'm trying to get and not dragonite ore or empyreal fragments. When you see 3 trees you know exactly what you will get - 9 wood logs (more if you are lucky and use some boosters) but when you see 3 mistonium nodes you might get nothing out of them if you are extremely unlucky.

> But overall i like the whole skyscale collections ^^ they just need time and i'm fine with that.

Forgot on one thing. That there are nodes which you buy at vendor with guaranteed drop. If there would be guaranteed drop on the map it would be pointless to obtain them.

> @"Krizek.5672" said:

> > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > Which currency is RNG based?

> > >

> > > Only the treats as far as i know.

> > > And those drop on 10-20 kills avaregely.

> > > It shouldn't take more than an hour to get all treats.

> >

> > I think that by RNG-based currency he means the actual gathering of which-ever currency (mistonium nodes, diflourite cristals etc), when you get 1,2 3-when-especially-lucky but sometimes you get 0. This is something i don't like neither. I mean... if I'm there to gather then id like to get what i'm trying to get and not dragonite ore or empyreal fragments. When you see 3 trees you know exactly what you will get - 9 wood logs (more if you are lucky and use some boosters) but when you see 3 mistonium nodes you might get nothing out of them if you are extremely unlucky.

> > But overall i like the whole skyscale collections ^^ they just need time and i'm fine with that.

>

> Forgot on one thing. That there are nodes which you buy at vendor with guaranteed drop. If there would be guaranteed drop on the map it would be pointless to obtain them.

They give you 3 to 5 every day... You might need few months to get a stack out of that home instance node.

> @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > @"Krizek.5672" said:

> > > @"eldrin.6471" said:

> > > yes its horrible but some seem to like it.i done most of it up to sky scale saddle and gave up.to much grind in what was a no grind game.

> > >

> >

> > So dont take it as a grind. For example during the collection I have found some activities I have missed during mine gameplay. For example in Desert Highlands - Dwarven mines with those plates and I have completed those weapon skins. Or on LS maps I havent finnished map rewards. So now I have all corsair skins + as I have figured it out, its a good start for the new Vision trinket. Or just do metas on maps, enjoy them, because later on they will be dead as used to be. Or you can do WvW or PvP for reward track. Final reward is 10 + selectable 50 and I dont count previous rewards.

> >

> > As you can see there are more ways how to obtain currency.

> >

> >

>

> the whole collection is grind.repetitive tasks over and over and over.read all the threads on the forums and reddit about it

> grind is what some mmorpg s use as a substitute for proper content.guild wars 2 has gave up its values and abandoned a lot of its loyal customers who came to the game because it claimed to be different.check out there manifesto from 2010.

I did not read that manifesto but this is the MMORPG, whole concept may be consired as one huge grind. Grind gold for items. Grind resources for crafting. Grind experience for levels.

What GW 2 makes different is that you have more than one option how to get it. You want some weapon with specific stats? You dont have to craft it, can buy it on TP or from Dungeon/Raids/Fractals or even random drop. Want something special? In some part you still have option, for example legendary item, mystic clover you can get just from daily login, WvW/PvP reward, daily buy in fractals, gamble mystic coins, only differs how much time and resources you are willing to spend and of course when you craft weapon you need a lot of resources but thats just a price for something special and most people craft legendaries when they have nothing to do, maybe raids and fractals.

And I go back to that skyscale. There are people who done everything previous so is much easier for them. Also there are people who play the game for example a year, so they cant compete with players who played it more.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Krizek.5672" said:

> > > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > Which currency is RNG based?

> > > >

> > > > Only the treats as far as i know.

> > > > And those drop on 10-20 kills avaregely.

> > > > It shouldn't take more than an hour to get all treats.

> > >

> > > I think that by RNG-based currency he means the actual gathering of which-ever currency (mistonium nodes, diflourite cristals etc), when you get 1,2 3-when-especially-lucky but sometimes you get 0. This is something i don't like neither. I mean... if I'm there to gather then id like to get what i'm trying to get and not dragonite ore or empyreal fragments. When you see 3 trees you know exactly what you will get - 9 wood logs (more if you are lucky and use some boosters) but when you see 3 mistonium nodes you might get nothing out of them if you are extremely unlucky.

> > > But overall i like the whole skyscale collections ^^ they just need time and i'm fine with that.

> >

> > Forgot on one thing. That there are nodes which you buy at vendor with guaranteed drop. If there would be guaranteed drop on the map it would be pointless to obtain them.

>

> They give you 3 to 5 every day... You might need few months to get a stack out of that home instance node.

I was just comparing nodes on the map, where you can get zero from it and home instance, where is guaranteed drop. So that would be pointless to have guaranteed drop on the map. Also who is patient this is the way without much effort :).

> 1 - I don't have 8 hours a day to play the game and farm, I have a life, a job, and bunch of other stuff to do, and honestly that is not what I would call fun !

> 2 - Those RNG based account bound currencies are a plague, a disease this game does NOT need !

Hello! Can I ask some additional questions to better understand your post?

1. Why do you assume that you need, at any cost, 8 hours a day to farm, or 6, or 4, or 2? Maybe I haven't understood you completely, but I am positive that you can farm 1 hour a day and take it slowly. This is not a dynamic event that you will miss in time. At the end it will take you more time but you can complete it without farming 8 hours a day.

2. Which currency is RNG based? I am not exactly sure about which currency you are talking but all of them can be gained by fixed amount or bought from the TP - no RNG here. For example, hearts and some event (the metas mainly) are giving fixed amount of map currency.

> Also, why is this collection like 20 times longer than any mount collection before it ? like really kitten !!!

Because it is needed for the legendary trinket Vision. Remember the asc back from draconis mons, which is needed for Aurora? This mount is the same, but you can obtain it faster, because the draconis mons asc back has 15 days time gate and tons of farming.