> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are **controlled** by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only that anet introduced a much higher demand with HoT due to legendary 2.0 needing an additional 250 coins and also for stuff in the guild hall. It was made scarce. They used to be dirt cheap (too cheap maybe). That said, instead of this the T6 mats were much much in higher demand back then.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But that's my point ... Anet can't introduce more sources to control the price ... because it means they literally can't add more MC's to other recipes or ensure the demand players have for them is constant ... the idea that more sources controls the TP price is ... ignorant.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course they can! They already have ... the amount of coins a single account can get per month as nearly doubled(40 versus 74) or more than doubled if you add in the RNG based sources, dailies and PvP tournaments. The additional sources for clovers can also be a source for coins although not entirely since coins are also used in other recipes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why people haven't gone for them is a completely different discussion though.

> > > > >

> > > > > However this is not meant to be a counter point. It is just that we already have proof that sources can be added without having much impact. It all depends on where it gets added.

> > > > >

> > > > > I guess my point is that other sources exist, if people think prices are too high then they should go get it themselves from the other source.(insert stuff about opportunity cost that I am too lazy to write :p)

> > > >

> > > > You guys don't get it ... just introducing more sources of MC's doesn't control the price on the TP. I'm not saying they can't introduce more sources ... of course they can. I'm saying that they can't introduce more sources to control TP prices because it doesn't work that way.

> > >

> > > Of course you can. Just drop it from every enemy for example and the price will fall to where it was again or even lower. That simple. I think the 'problem' was that they used to be around 1-2 silver before HoT and people considered this 'normal'. There was an overabundance of these, hence they introduced additional sinks (ie guild hall kitten and additional 250 for legendaries).

> >

> > No you can't ... because clearly you don't understand what 'control' means and I'm not willing to explain it to every single person that doesn't understand it. I've explained why flooding the market doesn't solve the 'TP pricing problems' at many levels, including the fact that the price of a mat on the TP isn't a problem to begin with anyways.

> >

>

> Okay, but the price will go down if you flood the market. I don't talk about control and I won't go into semantics. Whatever you mean with 'control' semantically, I don't care. Fact is, the price would go down the drain if you give every account 10000000 mystic coins in an instant and they have the right and power to do so.

>

And? I'm not debating it wouldn't. It's a rather meaningless point to make. If you aren't talking about control, you don't have much to add here. You just want cheap MC's and think that's compelling enough reason to flood you with them? Ask yourself why they haven't then ... it's got LOTS to do with how players 'control' the market. Maybe you don't care about it ... but you can bet your ass that Anet does.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

>

> You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

>

> Easy example: t6 leather.

And when they did that, it wasn't because of the price. And no, I don't think you understand what intervene means if you think Anet has done it thousands of times. Anet expressly tells us they want to minimize their direct interactions with the TP ... that doesn't sound like a group of people that intervene with it thousands of times. If you are going to sit behind that kind of statement, you need to explain yourself a little better than an example that demonstrates Anet DOESN'T act because of TP pricing. Your revisionist history is interesting, but wrong.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are **controlled** by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Only that anet introduced a much higher demand with HoT due to legendary 2.0 needing an additional 250 coins and also for stuff in the guild hall. It was made scarce. They used to be dirt cheap (too cheap maybe). That said, instead of this the T6 mats were much much in higher demand back then.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But that's my point ... Anet can't introduce more sources to control the price ... because it means they literally can't add more MC's to other recipes or ensure the demand players have for them is constant ... the idea that more sources controls the TP price is ... ignorant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course they can! They already have ... the amount of coins a single account can get per month as nearly doubled(40 versus 74) or more than doubled if you add in the RNG based sources, dailies and PvP tournaments. The additional sources for clovers can also be a source for coins although not entirely since coins are also used in other recipes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why people haven't gone for them is a completely different discussion though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However this is not meant to be a counter point. It is just that we already have proof that sources can be added without having much impact. It all depends on where it gets added.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I guess my point is that other sources exist, if people think prices are too high then they should go get it themselves from the other source.(insert stuff about opportunity cost that I am too lazy to write :p)

> > > > >

> > > > > You guys don't get it ... just introducing more sources of MC's doesn't control the price on the TP. I'm not saying they can't introduce more sources ... of course they can. I'm saying that they can't introduce more sources to control TP prices because it doesn't work that way.

> > > >

> > > > Of course you can. Just drop it from every enemy for example and the price will fall to where it was again or even lower. That simple. I think the 'problem' was that they used to be around 1-2 silver before HoT and people considered this 'normal'. There was an overabundance of these, hence they introduced additional sinks (ie guild hall kitten and additional 250 for legendaries).

> > >

> > > No you can't ... because clearly you don't understand what 'control' means and I'm not willing to explain it to every single person that doesn't understand it. I've explained why flooding the market doesn't solve the 'TP pricing problems' at many levels, including the fact that the price of a mat on the TP isn't a problem to begin with anyways.

> > >

> >

> > Okay, but the price will go down if you flood the market. I don't talk about control and I won't go into semantics. Whatever you mean with 'control' semantically, I don't care. Fact is, the price would go down the drain if you give every account 10000000 mystic coins in an instant and they have the right and power to do so.

> >

>

> And? I'm not debating it wouldn't. It's a rather meaningless point to make. If you aren't talking about control, you don't have much to add here. You just want cheap MC's and think that's compelling enough reason to flood you with them? Ask yourself why they haven't then ... it's got LOTS to do with how players 'control' the market. Maybe you don't care about it ... but you can bet your kitten that Anet does.

I don't get you, I really don't. What are we arguing about then? People complain that the MCs are too expensive and Anet has the power to do so.

Also, I never said, I want cheaper MCs. That's solely your interpretation.

People are hoarding the coins because they cost a lot and crafting something wants a huge amount, and they are limited, so they can't be farmed easily. This feeds into itself and costs go up. If there was a gold sink like the griffin people would look at their storage and sell most of the stuff that is collecting dust.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are **controlled** by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Only that anet introduced a much higher demand with HoT due to legendary 2.0 needing an additional 250 coins and also for stuff in the guild hall. It was made scarce. They used to be dirt cheap (too cheap maybe). That said, instead of this the T6 mats were much much in higher demand back then.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But that's my point ... Anet can't introduce more sources to control the price ... because it means they literally can't add more MC's to other recipes or ensure the demand players have for them is constant ... the idea that more sources controls the TP price is ... ignorant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Of course they can! They already have ... the amount of coins a single account can get per month as nearly doubled(40 versus 74) or more than doubled if you add in the RNG based sources, dailies and PvP tournaments. The additional sources for clovers can also be a source for coins although not entirely since coins are also used in other recipes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why people haven't gone for them is a completely different discussion though.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > However this is not meant to be a counter point. It is just that we already have proof that sources can be added without having much impact. It all depends on where it gets added.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I guess my point is that other sources exist, if people think prices are too high then they should go get it themselves from the other source.(insert stuff about opportunity cost that I am too lazy to write :p)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You guys don't get it ... just introducing more sources of MC's doesn't control the price on the TP. I'm not saying they can't introduce more sources ... of course they can. I'm saying that they can't introduce more sources to control TP prices because it doesn't work that way.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course you can. Just drop it from every enemy for example and the price will fall to where it was again or even lower. That simple. I think the 'problem' was that they used to be around 1-2 silver before HoT and people considered this 'normal'. There was an overabundance of these, hence they introduced additional sinks (ie guild hall kitten and additional 250 for legendaries).

> > > >

> > > > No you can't ... because clearly you don't understand what 'control' means and I'm not willing to explain it to every single person that doesn't understand it. I've explained why flooding the market doesn't solve the 'TP pricing problems' at many levels, including the fact that the price of a mat on the TP isn't a problem to begin with anyways.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Okay, but the price will go down if you flood the market. I don't talk about control and I won't go into semantics. Whatever you mean with 'control' semantically, I don't care. Fact is, the price would go down the drain if you give every account 10000000 mystic coins in an instant and they have the right and power to do so.

> > >

> >

> > And? I'm not debating it wouldn't. It's a rather meaningless point to make. If you aren't talking about control, you don't have much to add here. You just want cheap MC's and think that's compelling enough reason to flood you with them? Ask yourself why they haven't then ... it's got LOTS to do with how players 'control' the market. Maybe you don't care about it ... but you can bet your kitten that Anet does.

>

> I don't get you, I really don't. What are we arguing about then? People complain that the MCs are too expensive and Anet has the power to do so.

>

> Also, I never said, I want cheaper MCs. That's solely your interpretation.

I dunno ... I didn't start an 'argument' with you .. you're the one that started replying to me. If you don't want cheaper MC's ... why are you talking to me at all? You just want to have an academic discussion about how flooding the market will sink MC prices on the TP? OK great ... you win, because I agree that's exactly what would happen. It has no value to talk about it.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

>

> And the lack of anything major done the last time they did anything that could have possibly affected the price in any way should tell you exactly how ANet feels about the price of Mystic Coins on the trading post. That they are just fine with them being the cost that they are.

This same argument was made back when leather and silk were at their all-time highs with ANet not doing a thing about them. Then, a few years later, they added new sources for said materials. ANet may want the price to be at a certain value, but the coins haven't reached it yet and, as soon as they do, they may add a new faucet for coins.

> @"Sir Alymer.3406" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> >

> > And the lack of anything major done the last time they did anything that could have possibly affected the price in any way should tell you exactly how ANet feels about the price of Mystic Coins on the trading post. That they are just fine with them being the cost that they are.

>

> This same argument was made back when leather and silk were at their all-time highs with ANet not doing a thing about them. Then, a few years later, they added new sources for said materials. ANet may want the price to be at a certain value, but the coins haven't reached it yet and, as soon as they do, they may add a new faucet for coins.

But leather and silk are used for a lot of stuff that isn't cosmetic long term goals like the Mystic Coins are. I'd imagine the price would have to climb significantly higher before I would think they would do anything.

> @"Sir Alymer.3406" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> >

> > And the lack of anything major done the last time they did anything that could have possibly affected the price in any way should tell you exactly how ANet feels about the price of Mystic Coins on the trading post. That they are just fine with them being the cost that they are.

>

> This same argument was made back when leather and silk were at their all-time highs with ANet not doing a thing about them. Then, a few years later, they added new sources for said materials. ANet may want the price to be at a certain value, but the coins haven't reached it yet and, as soon as they do, they may add a new faucet for coins.

People aren't catching on very fast here ... Anet has TOLD us they aren't concerned about the price and shown it. They added new sources for reasons that were not price related.

Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

thats just so wrong. economy in a game ist always driven by the developer, because they decide how to get items. srsyl?!

they just can add another source of an item = fixed.

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

> if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

>

If the player base goes down won’t demand also go down and therefore price remain the same?

> Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

> if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

>

Preposterous! A legendary, which is meant to be a huge gold sink, expensive? Unheard of! Bad design!

Depends on which part of the player base goes inactive. If a lot more veterans who buy Mystic Coins go inactive while newer players or players who are not interested in Mystic Coins (and thus sell them), your assumption fails.

>

and what execatly prevents you from spending some of the gold you made playing said content on acquiring Mystic Coin on the trading post? You know, now where all T6 materials and Ectoplasm are at around 1/3 the cost they were for years?

The irony of all this, the cost for crafting legenary items has remained almost constant because the higher Mystic Coin cost is more than compensated and mititaged for by the low price on the remaining materials. Yet, people who want their Mystic Coins cheap do not care about this cause they want their stuff for less.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

>

> Depends on which part of the player base goes inactive. If a lot more veterans who buy Mystic Coins go inactive while newer players or players who are not interested in Mystic Coins (and thus sell them), your assumption fails.

>

> > if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

> >

>

> and what execatly prevents you from spending some of the gold you made playing said content on acquiring Mystic Coin on the trading post? You know, now where all T6 materials and Ectoplasm are at around 1/3 the cost they were for years?

>

> The irony of all this, the cost for crafting legenary items has remained almost constant because the higher Mystic Coin cost is more than compensated and mititaged for by the low price on the remaining materials. Yet, people who want their Mystic Coins cheap do not care about this cause they want their stuff for less.

Why would newer players not be interested in all the same shinnies that vet players had/have/want.. your assumption is laden will fail imo.

The whole point of the scarce supply is to push all players into staying in game as long as possible, that's why there are new items popping up all the time with such out of balance mat requirements.

Your assumption new players are not interested in such things is just poorly thought through.

There is only so much supply in the system, and yes the players will decide what price they are willing to pay, but it is ANET that ultimately controls the key factor in the equation.. supply. If supply is muted enough it will force prices up, pushing potential for gem sales up with it.

On the flip side it may also push players that have stores of items to release them for profit, but which in turn increases the issue of supply a little further down the line.

The TP is a tool to be manipulated in favour of one thing.. gems sales, ANET could not careless if there are a few overly fat whales in the game because that only helps with the supply demand manipulation.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

> > if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

> >

>

> If the player base goes down won’t demand also go down and therefore price remain the same?

~~So will supply, because the generation is 95% log in rewards~~

Edit: misquote.

In short:

Fewer players means less supply, and less demand.

However many high end crafts require a high yield.

Meaning, it takes several players willing to relinquish their coins to satisfy one player needing them.

This means, in turn, that for players leaving, the supply will drop faster than the demand

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > Problem of mystic coins is that they are limited of the current playing playerbase. if the playerbase goes down the available mystic coins are going down and the price will raise. this connection and the amount of coins needed in the game is imo a bad design, because you can not farm it and are reliable of other players and that they are selling the coins.

> >

> > Depends on which part of the player base goes inactive. If a lot more veterans who buy Mystic Coins go inactive while newer players or players who are not interested in Mystic Coins (and thus sell them), your assumption fails.

> >

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > if you are lucky sometimes you will get some from fractals and CM. but thats just a joke when you need 350+ of them for one legendary

> > >

> >

> > and what execatly prevents you from spending some of the gold you made playing said content on acquiring Mystic Coin on the trading post? You know, now where all T6 materials and Ectoplasm are at around 1/3 the cost they were for years?

> >

> > The irony of all this, the cost for crafting legenary items has remained almost constant because the higher Mystic Coin cost is more than compensated and mititaged for by the low price on the remaining materials. Yet, people who want their Mystic Coins cheap do not care about this cause they want their stuff for less.

>

> Why would newer players not be interested in all the same shinnies that vet players had/have/want.. your assumption is laden will fail imo.

> The whole point of the scarce supply is to push all players into staying in game as long as possible, that's why there are new items popping up all the time with such out of balance mat requirements.

> Your assumption new players are not interested in such things is just poorly thought through.

Yes, obviously my examples were most common occurance, hence why I added the point about players who are interested or not interested in Mystic Coins. You are right, I should be a bit clearer for the slow people in this thread, so let me rephrase:

If more people who would demand Mystic Coin go inactive versus players who would rather supply the trading post with Mystic Coins, then the assumption makes no sense that players leaving the game is driving the price up. Given how more often than not, veteran players are more likely to work on legendary items, I made my previous statement.

> There is only so much supply in the system, and yes the players will decide what price they are willing to pay, but it is ANET that ultimately controls the key factor in the equation.. supply. If supply is muted enough it will force prices up, pushing potential for gem sales up with it.

Yes, and Anet has stated that the ingame supply is growing, multiple times by now. So from a pure supply stand point into the game, you have no argument. Now as far as bottlenecks and reasons as to why supply doesn't find its way on the TP, there are many and some we can only specualte about.

> On the flip side it may also push players that have stores of items to release them for profit, but which in turn increases the issue of supply a little further down the line.

Yes, that happens all the time. Simply price function. I wasn't aware this needs to get spelled out. With increasing price, price sensitive buyers will drop away (demand decreases) while supply hoarding players will be incentivised to sell (supply increases).

> The TP is a tool to be manipulated in favour of one thing.. gems sales, ANET could not careless if there are a few overly fat whales in the game because that only helps with the supply demand manipulation.

The TP does a multitude of things, first and foremost redirstribute materials and items between participants and second: drain gold from the ingame economy.

It was already explained in the past how Mystic Coins actually benefit new players and players who accumulate them via simply logging in. If you want to scream ghost or fat whales at every basic economic function or occurance in this game, be my guest. It does devalue your comment though by a lot.

I'll repeat what I said just now and in the past in this thread: the price for crafting legendarys is constant. It has not gone up with the Mystic Coin price increase. Mystic Coins are growing in price because all the other materials have dropped significantly.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> >

>

> If the player base goes down won’t demand also go down and therefore price remain the same?

Usually the more veteran/dedicated players (so, the ones that are more likely to want mystic coins) leave last.