• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are **controlled** by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only that anet introduced a much higher demand with HoT due to legendary 2.0 needing an additional 250 coins and also for stuff in the guild hall. It was made scarce. They used to be dirt cheap (too cheap maybe). That said, instead of this the T6 mats were much much in higher demand back then.

> > > >

> > > > But that's my point ... Anet can't introduce more sources to control the price ... because it means they literally can't add more MC's to other recipes or ensure the demand players have for them is constant ... the idea that more sources controls the TP price is ... ignorant.

> > >

> > > Of course they can! They already have ... the amount of coins a single account can get per month as nearly doubled(40 versus 74) or more than doubled if you add in the RNG based sources, dailies and PvP tournaments. The additional sources for clovers can also be a source for coins although not entirely since coins are also used in other recipes.

> > >

> > > Why people haven't gone for them is a completely different discussion though.

> > >

> > > However this is not meant to be a counter point. It is just that we already have proof that sources can be added without having much impact. It all depends on where it gets added.

> > >

> > > I guess my point is that other sources exist, if people think prices are too high then they should go get it themselves from the other source.(insert stuff about opportunity cost that I am too lazy to write :p)

> >

> > You guys don't get it ... just introducing more sources of MC's doesn't control the price on the TP. I'm not saying they can't introduce more sources ... of course they can. I'm saying that they can't introduce more sources to control TP prices because it doesn't work that way.

>

> Of course you can. Just drop it from every enemy for example and the price will fall to where it was again or even lower. That simple. I think the 'problem' was that they used to be around 1-2 silver before HoT and people considered this 'normal'. There was an overabundance of these, hence they introduced additional sinks (ie guild hall kitten and additional 250 for legendaries).

No you can't ... because clearly you don't understand what 'control' means and I'm not willing to explain it to every single person that doesn't understand it. I've explained why flooding the market doesn't solve the 'TP pricing problems' at many levels, including the fact that the price of a mat on the TP isn't a problem to begin with anyways.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > 19k supply now, cost still increasing.

> >

> > Mystic coins are being manipulated on a MASSIVE level and Anet needs to intervene

> You do realise that **you** are manipulating the mystic coin price and supply yourself by keeping this post alive and influencing people to panic-buy coins with your insistance that the price is out of control?

Not likely ... but he does quote 'Economy 101', so you know ... lots of understanding happening here.

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

Easy example: t6 leather.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

>

> You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

>

> Easy example: t6 leather.

And the lack of anything major done the last time they did anything that could have possibly affected the price in any way should tell you exactly how ANet feels about the price of Mystic Coins on the trading post. That they are just fine with them being the cost that they are.

You can get them pretty realistically for a legendary, just takes a bit. Buying the two clovers each day from fractals cuts down a good chunk on how many coins you need for a leggy. 99&100CM usually drop enough to buy the clovers each day and have some left over.

I think it’s good that mystic coins are valuable; in contrast to someone who’s made several legendaries, new players have limited means of making gold, especially with materials being cheaper now (at least it will be easier for them to level up crafting). I know I was thrilled to discover that I had accumulated an item I didn’t currently need and could sell for ~1.3g at the time and it helped me gear some characters and get a skin I liked. :)

Since then I’ve made some of the mystic weapons (for the HoT specialization collections) and am now my first legendary so no longer sell mine and might end up buying a few if it turns out to be a limiting factor for me.

I am beginning to suspect that the OP is not looking to buy mystic coins at all but is hoping to egg the price up further to sell their own stash for more...

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

>

> You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

>

> Easy example: t6 leather.

And you are expecting them to do it again? Do you really think that this was a good thing for the economy?

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

> >

> > You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

> >

> > Easy example: t6 leather.

>

> And you are expecting them to do it again? Do you really think that this was a good thing for the economy?

But it was. That particular case was a godsend...

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Wiki says there’s also a chance for 5 to 50 when doing mystic clover crafting

I got 40 and 50 making clovers. Then again, wasted all of them and got bunch of ingorts <.<. I get most of my from wvw, and while mc is controled by few ppl , tp players, need for them is not that high overall so price arould 1.5 is still ok. I would say, raids, high ranked pvp and fractals cm should maybe add some to game.

Imo , anet should add 10 mc per weekly cm raid clear, so those top players can make some for effort and bring few more to market.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are **controlled** by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only that anet introduced a much higher demand with HoT due to legendary 2.0 needing an additional 250 coins and also for stuff in the guild hall. It was made scarce. They used to be dirt cheap (too cheap maybe). That said, instead of this the T6 mats were much much in higher demand back then.

> > > > >

> > > > > But that's my point ... Anet can't introduce more sources to control the price ... because it means they literally can't add more MC's to other recipes or ensure the demand players have for them is constant ... the idea that more sources controls the TP price is ... ignorant.

> > > >

> > > > Of course they can! They already have ... the amount of coins a single account can get per month as nearly doubled(40 versus 74) or more than doubled if you add in the RNG based sources, dailies and PvP tournaments. The additional sources for clovers can also be a source for coins although not entirely since coins are also used in other recipes.

> > > >

> > > > Why people haven't gone for them is a completely different discussion though.

> > > >

> > > > However this is not meant to be a counter point. It is just that we already have proof that sources can be added without having much impact. It all depends on where it gets added.

> > > >

> > > > I guess my point is that other sources exist, if people think prices are too high then they should go get it themselves from the other source.(insert stuff about opportunity cost that I am too lazy to write :p)

> > >

> > > You guys don't get it ... just introducing more sources of MC's doesn't control the price on the TP. I'm not saying they can't introduce more sources ... of course they can. I'm saying that they can't introduce more sources to control TP prices because it doesn't work that way.

> >

> > Of course you can. Just drop it from every enemy for example and the price will fall to where it was again or even lower. That simple. I think the 'problem' was that they used to be around 1-2 silver before HoT and people considered this 'normal'. There was an overabundance of these, hence they introduced additional sinks (ie guild hall kitten and additional 250 for legendaries).

>

> No you can't ... because clearly you don't understand what 'control' means and I'm not willing to explain it to every single person that doesn't understand it. I've explained why flooding the market doesn't solve the 'TP pricing problems' at many levels, including the fact that the price of a mat on the TP isn't a problem to begin with anyways.

>

Okay, but the price will go down if you flood the market. I don't talk about control and I won't go into semantics. Whatever you mean with 'control' semantically, I don't care. Fact is, the price would go down the drain if you give every account 10000000 mystic coins in an instant and they have the right and power to do so.

The total price for Vision increased from about 1600 to 1720 gold within the last few hours. Whenever I check gw2efficiency to see how closer I got to crafting it, the price increased and the farther away from it I am. It's the prices for Mystic Coins, Amalgamated Gemstones and T6 mats. Many players finished the collection and started purchasing the materials to craft it. I wished I had saved some gold before, but I crafted Bolt the day before the last episode came out ^^

So despite having finished the collections rather quickly, I'm now within the main stream of players who need the materials, and this makes everything more expensive. I'm not in ahurry though and will wait for that stream to pass by. I'm not paying 20% more for materials just to have it today or tomorrow. I guess in two or three weeks prices will be back to normal.

> @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19976-mystic-coin

> its weird :/

>

Not sure what is weird about it. It's an item that has been very stable in prices since most sinks are end game, long term items like legendary weapons. A new sink just got added and it's the first for that type so there an increase in demand currently. Once this surge of players has finished with getting their Mystic Coins for the new items, the price will eventually come down and stabilize again.

> @"kiranslee.4829" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Wiki says there’s also a chance for 5 to 50 when doing mystic clover crafting

>

> ... and while mc is controled by few ppl , tp players,

>

What evidence do you have that this is the case? I'm curious if you have anything substantive. If not, I guess this is just an opinion without basis.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"kiranslee.4829" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > Wiki says there’s also a chance for 5 to 50 when doing mystic clover crafting

> >

> > ... and while mc is controled by few ppl , tp players,

> >

>

> What evidence do you have that this is the case? I'm curious if you have anything substantive. If not, I guess this is just an opinion without basis.

>

>

Meanwhile there is stronger evidence for increased demand considering the increase in price of Amalgamated Gemstones despite the increased sources from PoF metas plus the meta rush event ensuring a lot of participation.

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

> >

> > You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

> >

> > Easy example: t6 leather.

>

> And you are expecting them to do it again? Do you really think that this was a good thing for the economy?

T6 leather case? Yes. If there was anything bad about their intervention then, it was that it could have been bigger.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> Not sure what is weird about it. It's an item that has been very stable in prices since most sinks are end game, long term items like legendary weapons. A new sink just got added and it's the first for that type so there an increase in demand currently. Once this surge of players has finished with getting their Mystic Coins for the new items, the price will eventually come down and stabilize again.

They kept saying that before as well, since it went above 60s. Fun fact, while there were times it stabilized, it didn't ever really come down.

Yes, it will eventually stabilize again, but it will be at a higher level than before.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > > This is a game with player driven economy. I don't see how will complaining in the forums help or why should Anet intrevene and affect prices made by players.

> > >

> > > You are aware that anet has intervened in the economy hundreds, if not thousands, of times, right?

> > >

> > > Easy example: t6 leather.

> >

> > And you are expecting them to do it again? Do you really think that this was a good thing for the economy?

> T6 leather case? Yes. If there was anything bad about their intervention then, it was that it could have been bigger.

>

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > Not sure what is weird about it. It's an item that has been very stable in prices since most sinks are end game, long term items like legendary weapons. A new sink just got added and it's the first for that type so there an increase in demand currently. Once this surge of players has finished with getting their Mystic Coins for the new items, the price will eventually come down and stabilize again.

> They kept saying that before as well, since it went above 60s. Fun fact, while there were times it stabilized, it didn't ever really come down.

> Yes, it will eventually stabilize again, but it will be at a higher level than before.

Permanent new sinks would increase overall demand as new players reach level 80 and figure out what they want to work towards. Understandable that a new legendary item will increase the demand overall. And that overall demand increase would naturally have a possible result of a higher equilibrium price when things stablize.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> Permanent new sinks would increase overall demand as new players reach level 80 and figure out what they want to work towards. Understandable that a new legendary item will increase the demand overall. And that overall demand increase would naturally have a possible result of a higher equilibrium price when things stablize.

Indeed. That's because the sources are capped, and you don't really have much option of increasing MC generation in answer to an increased supply. So, every time a new sink appears, the price unbalances and starts increasing. Until a new source gets introduced, or the demand wanes.

So far, it was the former, not the latter that helped stabilize prices.

Capped sources are only a problem if the item is not tradable, ie cant be bought on the TP.

For items which can be bought on the TP there are 2 sources , namely finding the item in the conventional way, or players who already have the item deciding to sell them on the TP because the price is right.

There are currently around 22000 MCs for sale on the TP, so there is no lack of supply.

Ive seen the numbers of MCs on the TP for sale drop as low as 6000 in the past, yet even then the price was lower than the current price is.

All prices in popular items in this game will slowly keep rising simply because like all MMOs , this game has inflation of the money supply and no mechanism to stop it.

Best you can do is slow it down.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I thought they were that expensive since like.. forever..

> Well, i don't mind they're a source of income for me.

Same here. I don't have any desire to make legendaries, so mystic coins have been a wonderful source of income for me, too. :)