Shimmerwing imposed pink dye is a waste

The Shimmerwing on certain angle has a pink color that cannot be dyed.

Currently it's almost only usable by "mesmers" because of the imposed pink.

Remapping the four dye channel so the pink color can also be changed would be a huge improvement.

Yellow & Red for an autumn theme

Green & Moss for a sylvari/druid theme

White & Blue for a icy theme or foefire

Black & Green for a necromancer

Black & White

Top row for body scales color, bottom row for membranes scales colors.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> The Shimmerwing on certain angle has a pink color that cannot be dyed.

> Currently it's almost only usable by "mesmers" because of the imposed pink.

> Remapping the four dye channel so the pink color can also be changed would be a huge improvement.

~snip~

> Top row for body scales color, bottom row for membranes scales colors.

Are you implying the membranes on the wings can't be dyed? That's what it sounds like, and if you are that's incorrect, and note my response to Randulf below, I'm using all yellow based colors and I never see any pink, no matter what angle I look at it from.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> The pink only shows on higher shader settings if that helps. Doesn’t show for me on my black and flame themed versions

I have my shader on "High" and I don't see the pink and mine is based on all yellows(except for Flame).

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > The Shimmerwing on certain angle has a pink color that cannot be dyed.

> > Currently it's almost only usable by "mesmers" because of the imposed pink.

> > Remapping the four dye channel so the pink color can also be changed would be a huge improvement.

> ~snip~

> > Top row for body scales color, bottom row for membranes scales colors.

>

> Are you implying the membranes on the wings can't be dyed? That's what it sounds like, and if you are that's incorrect, and note my response to Randulf below, I'm using all yellow based colors and I never see any pink, no matter what angle I look at it from.

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > The pink only shows on higher shader settings if that helps. Doesn’t show for me on my black and flame themed versions

>

> I have my shader on "High" and I don't see the pink and mine is based on all yellows(except for Flame).

What dyes are you using? and screenshot?

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > The Shimmerwing on certain angle has a pink color that cannot be dyed.

> > Currently it's almost only usable by "mesmers" because of the imposed pink.

> > Remapping the four dye channel so the pink color can also be changed would be a huge improvement.

> ~snip~

> > Top row for body scales color, bottom row for membranes scales colors.

>

> Are you implying the membranes on the wings can't be dyed? That's what it sounds like, and if you are that's incorrect, and note my response to Randulf below, I'm using all yellow based colors and I never see any pink, no matter what angle I look at it from.

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > The pink only shows on higher shader settings if that helps. Doesn’t show for me on my black and flame themed versions

>

> I have my shader on "High" and I don't see the pink and mine is based on all yellows(except for Flame).

Interesting. I got pink on a variety of colours when I upped my shaders to test. I wonder if it’s a different setting as well or some dyes just manage to avoid it

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > The Shimmerwing on certain angle has a pink color that cannot be dyed.

> > > Currently it's almost only usable by "mesmers" because of the imposed pink.

> > > Remapping the four dye channel so the pink color can also be changed would be a huge improvement.

> > ~snip~

> > > Top row for body scales color, bottom row for membranes scales colors.

> >

> > Are you implying the membranes on the wings can't be dyed? That's what it sounds like, and if you are that's incorrect, and note my response to Randulf below, I'm using all yellow based colors and I never see any pink, no matter what angle I look at it from.

> >

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > The pink only shows on higher shader settings if that helps. Doesn’t show for me on my black and flame themed versions

> >

> > I have my shader on "High" and I don't see the pink and mine is based on all yellows(except for Flame).

>

> What dyes are you using? and screenshot?

Correction, there is a pink tinge, but it's only noticeable from ONE specific angle on ONE specific side(which for me is my characters right), which is probably why I never noticed it...and is really odd that it only shows up from one side and not the other(when looking at the exact same angle from the other side it has more of lavender/very light purple tinge, but the wings are still dyed). If I had not bothered to look at it from all angles I would never have noticed it...how often do you look at your mount from the side anyways. Note that I did say in my earlier post "no matter which angle I look it from", I could have gone in game and examined every single angle, but I was working from how I usually view my Skyscale). I'll post a screenshot or screenshots if you're still interested(but it might take a while since I'd have to put them somewhere first and I don't use post my screenshots on hosting sites).

As for dyes, I used these dyes, going clockwise from the top left channel: Incandescent, Daybreak, Electro Lemon and Flare.