No Mount = Garbage

Ulyssean.1709

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> My guild has a totally new player who didn't have the mount for over a week until today. It really sucked. We could not help him during our rally well without too much disruption. It had to be done at other times.

There are guilds who will take their mountless members and run with them in WvW so that no one gets left behind.

I guess yours just wasn't the good kind.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ulyssean.1709" said:

> Can't keep up the zerg

> Get stomped for lagging behind

> Can't capture points in time

> No offense to WvW players but Anet can enjoy new players trying it out and then leaving forever twenty minutes later. If they want WvW to retain players this needs fixed.

>

its okay WvW will be a PvE zone soon anyway

when WvW community ask for more PvP objectives, Anet devs will add a raid to the map.

when community ask for better rewards, Anet devs give us reward tracks that are worse then sPvP (they could have just copied em)

whenever community ask for something and anet finally delivers its always dissapointing instead of going in a way community was asking for..

the mount tho is not that hard to get. think only thing u need to do in WvW map is get a camp rest is far easier to do in EOTM

I think this is a real problem that can be remedied pretty easy. Just like in dragonfall they have temp zone mounts to help you, they could do the same for wvw. It really is almost impossible for a core player or a new player to get around in wvw now with all the mounts. I think this goes beyond pof and its mounts this is outside of an expansion its wvw a core part of the game and really should open the mount up to everyone even if only temporarily while on the map.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > My guild has a totally new player who didn't have the mount for over a week until today. It really sucked. We could not help him during our rally well without too much disruption. It had to be done at other times.

>

> There are guilds who will take their mountless members and run with them in WvW so that no one gets left behind.

>

> I guess yours just wasn't the good kind.

You assume that no one was running with that new player even though I said we couldn't help him WELL during rally and that we had to do it off rally in order to contribute nothing constructive to the thread?

Let's suppose an objective is under attack and there's only a certain amount of time to be able to respond. You are saying that an entire guild should wait and miss a fight or let the objective get taken without mounting a defense for one player, possibly frustrating scouts that there isn't a timely response. Maybe your "solution" is what people who only ktrain do, but it doesn't work in all WvW scenarios.

That's not a problem with the guild, but a problem with the fact that mounts increased the speed at which players move through WvW and players who do not yet have mounts are at a disadvantage. This kind of direct impact on gameplay didn't happen before mounts. It used to be players were differentiated only by levels, gear, and some bonus siege skills which didn't create such a large gap in gameplay.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> I think this is a real problem that can be remedied pretty easy. **Just like in dragonfall they have temp zone mounts to help you**, they could do the same for wvw. It really is almost impossible for a core player or a new player to get around in wvw now with all the mounts. I think this goes beyond pof and its mounts this is outside of an expansion its wvw a core part of the game and really should open the mount up to everyone even if only temporarily while on the map.

Bolded part: How many core players or a new player that has not obtained any mount are there in the Dragon Fall map?

> @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> Yep, sucks to be new to WvW now, who would have predicted that eh?

Um ... it's ALWAYS sucked to be new to WvW, mounts or not. Maybe they aren't perfect and new players have issues ... but let's not pretend everything was amazing for new players in WvW UNTIL the mount arrived.

> @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > > Yep, sucks to be new to WvW **now**, who would have predicted that eh?

> >

> > Tell me, which player ever felt like he doesn't suck when joining competitive mode for the first time? That goes for every game out there. As @"Queen Anastasia.7103" said, when you start, do the easy things to get some ranks, then get the mount. You can cap a keep by leeching from a group as a newbie.

>

> You're right, you can do all that.

> The only difference now is everyone is racing away from you or racing up to you running around on foot. Big difference from before when you could jump in and keep up with zergs or run away from (well not every profession) enemies on foot. Unless you have perma swiftness and Runes of Speed you are never going to escape anyone and you will always be left in the dust by your own server's zergs.

> Before, you could suck but still keep with your zerg and have some fun. Now, you just suck and have to continue sucking solo until you get your mount. My guess is many would just give up due to such a bad first experience.

But this is what people wanted right?

Mounts in WvW make everything better

/s

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > Yep, sucks to be new to WvW now, who would have predicted that eh?

>

> Um ... it's ALWAYS sucked to be new to WvW, mounts or not. Maybe they aren't perfect and new players have issues ... but let's not pretend everything was amazing for new players in WvW UNTIL the mount arrived.

Of course it has always sucked being new to WvW, I never said it didn't. However, it sucks even more to be new now with the mounts. The level of "wow this sucks" has increased a lot for new players. I thought we wanted new players to come in? At this rate I feel we are loosing more than we are gaining (but what's new there right?).

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > I think this is a real problem that can be remedied pretty easy. **Just like in dragonfall they have temp zone mounts to help you**, they could do the same for wvw. It really is almost impossible for a core player or a new player to get around in wvw now with all the mounts. I think this goes beyond pof and its mounts this is outside of an expansion its wvw a core part of the game and really should open the mount up to everyone even if only temporarily while on the map.

>

> Bolded part: How many core players or a new player that has not obtained any mount are there in the Dragon Fall map?

It is a difficult point. Mounts are a PoF thing. It would be good if PoF owners could rent a mount while they work towards unlocking their own, but it would have to be a different system to that in the PvE worlds. Maybe a time limit?.

I don't think mounts should be provided for those who do not own PoF.

Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

> @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

>

> If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

>

> WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

> >

> > If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

> >

> > WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

>

> This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

>

> The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

> @"Ulyssean.1709" said:

> Can't keep up the zerg

> Get stomped for lagging behind

> Can't capture points in time

> No offense to WvW players but Anet can enjoy new players trying it out and then leaving forever twenty minutes later. If they want WvW to retain players this needs fixed.

WvW is about the group experience. You know what you are supposed to do, when you have problems on your own? **Ask for help!**

Just last weekend I remember one of our comms asked for a few people to come over and help get a guy his mount. A few moments later a group of like 10 people got together and roamed the desert map, trying to get a tower (succesful) and keep (unsuccessful) while also making sure our non-mounted player was protected and could keep up.

As we failed to get the keep, we switched map, pulled the player with us and finally got a bay.

Getting the warclaw isn't hard. Getting the warclaw without any kind of help can be hard, but starting out in WvW without any kind of help is hard. I hope we can welcome another new player to WvW. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

> @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > > Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

> > >

> > > If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

> > >

> > > WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

> >

> > This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

> >

> > The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

>

> You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

Not my point however. If you just make it a bit inconvenient, it's not going to sell the expansion because there are people who resist at all cost buying something. Some people don't have money and some people are cheap, some people just like to get over. The more "encouragement" to buy the better it is for the game. Calling for a boycot on something that is working as intended isn't really helping anyone. This game has some of the best business practices in the industry. I wouldn't want to punish them because some people can't afford the expansion.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > > > Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

> > > >

> > > > If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

> > > >

> > > > WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

> > >

> > > This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

> > >

> > > The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

> >

> > You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

>

> Not my point however. If you just make it a bit inconvenient, it's not going to sell the expansion because there are people who resist at all cost buying something. Some people don't have money and some people are cheap, some people just like to get over. The more "encouragement" to buy the better it is for the game. Calling for a boycot on something that is working as intended isn't really helping anyone. This game has some of the best business practices in the industry. I wouldn't want to punish them because some people can't afford the expansion.

Pretty sure that no person will buy expansions purely for wvw. Wvw stopped being selling point of gw2 (if it ever was one) when they introduced expansions that are focused only on pve.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Dhemize.8649" said:

> > > > > Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

> > > >

> > > > This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

> > > >

> > > > The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

> > >

> > > You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

> >

> > Not my point however. If you just make it a bit inconvenient, it's not going to sell the expansion because there are people who resist at all cost buying something. Some people don't have money and some people are cheap, some people just like to get over. The more "encouragement" to buy the better it is for the game. Calling for a boycot on something that is working as intended isn't really helping anyone. This game has some of the best business practices in the industry. I wouldn't want to punish them because some people can't afford the expansion.

>

> Pretty sure that no personal will buy expansions purely for wvw. Wvw stopped being selling point of gw2 (if it ever was one) when they introduced expansions that are focused only on pve.

Well that would be a false, because I do know people who predominantly WvW and they bought the expansions for specific elite specs, like firebrand.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > Better off just finding another game. This community is ok with toxic change.

>

> I was better with it not in the game in the first place. So, lots of people shouted that down.

>

> So, I adapted, but now I am the toxic one because people just need to play the game to get the mount?

>

This right here. People that play the game as ANet lays it out for us are now the toxic ones?????

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > Better off just finding another game. This community is ok with toxic change.

> >

> > I was better with it not in the game in the first place. So, lots of people shouted that down.

> >

> > So, I adapted, but now I am the toxic one because people just need to play the game to get the mount?

> >

>

> This right here. People that play the game as ANet lays it out for us are now the toxic ones?????

"Better off just finding another game. This community is ok with toxic change."

Now, tell me where anyone has called you toxic for playing the game.