No goal, motivation

Hello,

I ve been playing GW2 since release (but with huge breaks, so I have 9k AP). I very often have problem to find "goal" - something what would motivate me to carry on with the game.

My biggest motivation was crafting legendary weapon, it took me really while - but then I totally lost interest in the game and I had like 1 year break. Then I crafted all ascended armor for all my characters + gear for WvW, farming LS2 maps, I ve got all mounts except Skyscal, I ve done all dungeon, fractals to 100, all world bosses, HoT/PoF maps etc... I havent done raids... cause I am not interested in this format. I also have played for all professions/specs - but I do play only 4 (all melee chars, and druid) - this is something what is for me most interestig- trying out new specs - in PvE, PvP, WvW - but again - I ran out of options right now.

I do again have big problem to find motivation to go on. The only reason I ve been playing is PvP (and I sometimes also play WvW, there is "ranked" system in PvP, which is a motivation - to get better, to climb up the ladder etc), but again - theres no goal, rewards are not good (PvP and WvW both have bad rewards), so I am trying to find a new goal, motivation to go on... How do you find your motivation, your goal? What keeps you playing this game? What do you spend gold for?

I love GW2, the bussiness model is very customer-friendly and It is very good game for casuals (You can quit for 2 years and you can still do almost all the content, without upgrading your gear somehow drastically)

Thanks

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> Hello,

> I ve been playing GW2 since release (but with huge breaks, so I have 9k AP). I very often have problem to find "goal" - something what would motivate me to carry on with the game.

> My biggest motivation was crafting legendary weapon, it took me really while - but then I totally lost interest in the game and I had like 1 year break. Then I crafted all ascended armor for all my characters + gear for WvW, farming LS2 maps, I ve got all mounts except Skyscal, I ve done all dungeon, fractals to 100, all world bosses, HoT/PoF maps etc... I havent done raids... cause I am not interested in this format. I also have played for all professions/specs - but I do play only 4 (all melee chars, and druid) - this is something what is for me most interestig- trying out new specs - in PvE, PvP, WvW - but again - I ran out of options right now.

> I do again have big problem to find motivation to go on. The only reason I ve been playing is PvP (and I sometimes also play WvW, there is "ranked" system in PvP, which is a motivation - to get better, to climb up the ladder etc), but again - theres no goal, rewards are not good (PvP and WvW both have bad rewards), so I am trying to find a new goal, motivation to go on... How do you find your motivation, your goal? What keeps you playing this game? What do you spend gold for?

> I love GW2, the bussiness model is very customer-friendly and It is very good game for casuals (You can quit for 2 years and you can still do almost all the content, without upgrading your gear somehow drastically)

> Thanks

Personally I'm trying to craft all the legendary trinkets.

I recently found out I enjoy griffin adventures.

And I want to clear cms of the new raidwing

> @"Rico.6873" said:

> There ton of achievements, most people don't even look at it, the achievement tab is a list full of achievements. Pick one you wanna complete and work towards it and tada you have yourself a goal.

and what to do when you finish the fun and interesting achievements and collections and left with tedious or grindy achievements that gives you 1 AP

You want an occupation, I can propose some, I need markers for the TacO overlay of all the Raid courses I don't do.

So if you want to give yourself a challenge and what to do, it's to do all the routes according to the strat, class for each path

Raiding is already that, but having to create markers in addition believe me that you will see a game mode that is HL++++

I'm kidding but on the one hand, if I can find a way to add the various paths for each class in each path it can be a significant addition to the tool but I don't know if I'll have much time to explain how to create the markers.

Well there still the year 1 legendary achievements, map events, gearing alts, completing world/map completion with a alt/character, raiding if you are interested, hunting skins you like, home instance completion.

When your crazy enough to finish everything on the above you take a break, play another game and come back when new updates hit

> @"yann.1946" said:

> Personally I'm trying to craft all the legendary trinkets.

> I recently found out I enjoy griffin adventures.

> And I want to clear cms of the new raidwing

I also started legendary trinkets as a goal ... Aurora Vision and Coalescence are out by now and we can expect 2 more trinkets comming out in the future.

First I didnt want Aurora. Too much effort going all through these Collections, but as I saw the combined look with Vision I wanted to both.

(Atm I dont really like the combined look of Coal + Aurora + Vision but thats just my opinion. Hope it will look better for me when the other missing legendary trinkets are out)

Meanwhile I have Aurora (took 3 Weeks cuz of the Runestone daily cap) and sitting on Coalescence right now (almost done)

Coal might not be your thing as you need to clear at least Raid Wing 5 + 6 + 7 for it (for the first collections cleared wings work fine as well if i can remember correctly here - that doesnt count for the last collection which requieres you to clear the 3 Bosses of W7)

But maybe doing Raids for the trinket would also be a motivation? Getting closer to Benchmark DPS and perform Raids?

Skyscale and Vision will both keep you busy for awhile as well. Skyscale is timegated btw.

IF you make Legendary Trinkets to your goal you might need to farm Gold as well which - again, will keep you busy.

Just a little simple math:

250*3 Mystic Coins ~1107g

250 (Coal)+100(Vision) Funerary Incense ~672g

With just these things you would almost cap 2k gold WITHOUT T6 Mats and all the other stuff you need.

Imo raids are worthless, makes no sense to do raids when you have no progression.

Fractals are like raids once you have enough agony, you just do the same encounters over and over.

sPvP gets boring really fast cuz every match is the same.

Open world is way too easy to be entertaining.

Only in WvW i could play any playstyle i want just because it was fun, but even that was ruined with a OP mount that 3 months ago they said it would be fixed.

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> Hello,

> I ve been playing GW2 since release (but with huge breaks, so I have 9k AP). I very often have problem to find "goal" - something what would motivate me to carry on with the game.

> My biggest motivation was crafting legendary weapon, it took me really while - but then I totally lost interest in the game and I had like 1 year break. Then I crafted all ascended armor for all my characters + gear for WvW, farming LS2 maps, I ve got all mounts except Skyscal, I ve done all dungeon, fractals to 100, all world bosses, HoT/PoF maps etc... I havent done raids... cause I am not interested in this format. I also have played for all professions/specs - but I do play only 4 (all melee chars, and druid) - this is something what is for me most interestig- trying out new specs - in PvE, PvP, WvW - but again - I ran out of options right now.

> I do again have big problem to find motivation to go on. The only reason I ve been playing is PvP (and I sometimes also play WvW, there is "ranked" system in PvP, which is a motivation - to get better, to climb up the ladder etc), but again - theres no goal, rewards are not good (PvP and WvW both have bad rewards), so I am trying to find a new goal, motivation to go on... How do you find your motivation, your goal? What keeps you playing this game? What do you spend gold for?

> I love GW2, the bussiness model is very customer-friendly and It is very good game for casuals (You can quit for 2 years and you can still do almost all the content, without upgrading your gear somehow drastically)

> Thanks

Why do you need a goal when playing this game? It is a method to spend your time in an enjoyable way. What goal you have when going with the friends to a beer? Or when going to a music show? Try to see the game as a game and you will see that no goals or motivations are needed to play it. This is not a job. The fact you played with breaks makes me guess that you already understand this.

As a conclusion - play it as long you enjoy it. Then make a pause. And then come back. The only goal you can seriously think at is to play this game as long as you can have fun. What means "fun"? This depends on you. The definition of "fun" differs from player to player. So, the answers regarding a "goal" and "motivation" are different from player to player.

Years ago: Playing unique professions and exploring all content and aspects of the game. Not being locked to a holy trinity of professions.

Today: Trying to find derpy cheesebuilds in PvP/WvW, nothing else is really interesting. Meta is boring and advertise lazy/dumbed down play with bottom level skillfloor.

Game did develop into a lame "tank/dps/support" meta after all atleast in PvP/WvW.

What i want: New e-specs and profession overhauls/remakes. Also making WvW something competitive/interesting.

I'm a little bit like this as there is no uber title to go for such as 'God walking' and no HoM to complete. My goal changes.

Getting all the crafts up. I also did this on my 2nd account. Then I wanted all my main account chars to be fully ascended with complete weapons for each. I am still crafting weapons.

Now it was the new mount and i'm currently doing vision and the gathering for the new GS.

I am also working on gearing my second account - 2 chars done so far.

So my goal is crafting and having everything I need for the build i wish to play.

Oh another one 100% map on all . Now on no4.

I will add I find something missing. I have no idea what.

Maybe I need to craft that minstrels set after all.

Another thing . SO many post they are bored going to quit. I'm not

Just putting it out there.

I think its hard to get motivated from your play style or what you like in game. Like you said you like pvp but find no goal.. i can totally understand that.

I think try to join some new active guilds. Try raids (not wvw raids) you done fractal 100.. next step is raids. Once you explore it, you open up a new path where you can get all bosses there killed.. hope this helps motivate you. You might make new friends or find a soul mate :) i found mine in this game. :D

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> Hello,

> Thanks

can only recommend you to go into something deeper guild play.

find a raid or wvw guild , you will have new motivation training your gameplay as the others depend on you and you on them.

im sure you can improve to a better player with this also as you need to go deeper into the skills with this.

it sounds you need something to take care about. if this new gameplay does not hit you better quit the game and focus on real life. no sense sitting unmotivated infront the computer. get away from the monitor then and enjoy the summer outside.