Skyscale skin

> @"Moona.6327" said:

> Are there plans to release anymore new skins for the Skyscale mount?

There was an mmo-champ article the other day talking about the upcoming Dragon Bash festival that implied there would be a skyscale skin mount pack in the gemstore. So I'd say it's highly likely.

I just hope they do more than change the dye channels or patterns and give us variations of horns/faces other features. I like the new skin but I also wouldn't mind a more bulky wyvern/traditional looking dragon skin.

I can't imagine them stopping at just 1 skin for anything (except items which cannot currently be reskinned at all), especially not a popular new mount.

I like to imagine it's taking a while because they want to get them just right, and because the artists are busy working on art for new content, but it's equally likely the marketing department decided to space them out.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Moona.6327" said:

> > Are there plans to release anymore new skins for the Skyscale mount?

> I just hope they do more than change the dye channels or patterns and give us variations of horns/faces other features. I like the new skin but I also wouldn't mind a more bulky wyvern/traditional looking dragon skin.

>

Changing more than the dye channel is not profitable. B)

If you remember. The roller beetle started with 1 premium skin. Then they began to offer skins for it in the following skin packs.

I could imagine they either launch a new skinpack for all of the mounts, but feels less likely as its not that long ago that exotic breeds came out. And that they might do a warclaw and release a set with multiple skyscale skins only.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> You can see some of the new skins (Branded, Axejaw, Bioluminescent, etc.) in this article: https://mmohuts.com/news/guild-wars-2-dragon-bash-festival-preview/

> (At around 16:00 in the video.)

That branded skyscale is a hot mess.

I guess I'm looking for ones that are a lot more varied in the face and horns. The bioluminescent one is kinda cool though, and I imagine they would all look better with some different dyes.

And what's with them not just clicking preview on the weapons? lol

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can see some of the new skins (Branded, Axejaw, Bioluminescent, etc.) in this article: https://mmohuts.com/news/guild-wars-2-dragon-bash-festival-preview/

> > (At around 16:00 in the video.)

>

> That branded skyscale is a hot mess.

>

> I guess I'm looking for ones that are a lot more varied in the face and horns. The bioluminescent one is kinda cool though, and I imagine they would all look better with some different dyes.

>

> And what's with them not just clicking preview on the weapons? lol

It most likely wasnt the proper colors for the branded skyscale. I think he forgot to reset the colors with the color remover, from the last skin he used.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > You can see some of the new skins (Branded, Axejaw, Bioluminescent, etc.) in this article: https://mmohuts.com/news/guild-wars-2-dragon-bash-festival-preview/

> > > (At around 16:00 in the video.)

> >

> > That branded skyscale is a hot mess.

> >

> > I guess I'm looking for ones that are a lot more varied in the face and horns. The bioluminescent one is kinda cool though, and I imagine they would all look better with some different dyes.

> >

> > And what's with them not just clicking preview on the weapons? lol

>

> It most likely wasnt the proper colors for the branded skyscale. I think he forgot to reset the colors with the color remover, from the last skin he used.

Yeah I think the branded skyscale was still using the colours from the bioluminescent, or one of the earlier skins. I don't understand why but sometimes when you haven't dyed your mounts before (e.g. on a brand new character) selecting one skin will overwrite the dye remover and put that skin's default colours into the dye channels, then when you select another skin it will use the dyes from the first skin instead of overwriting them with it's own defaults, which can make a lot of skins look a mess.

I think it's safe to assume the branded skyscale will have similar dye channels to the other branded mounts. IMO those dye very well, they work with a lot of different combinations from bright, contrasting colours to more muted and uniform schemes. Because they were the first mount skins I got and I wanted to use them on all my characters I spent a lot of time trying to make them look as much as possible like normal animals and I think even that was reasonably successful, although I was happy to get other skins later on. (On my elementalist I tried to dye them to look like different elementals - like she'd modified the spell to summon her own custom mounts instead of combat minions.)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> According to some article(s), they should be in the Gem Store on July 2nd.

I've read one that said the Skyscale Mount Skin 5-pack is coming with the Dragon Bash Festival tomorrow (6/25) and another that says 7/2. Guess we'll find out! I hope for tomorrow, as I am very impatient.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> And what's with them not just clicking preview on the weapons? lol

Yeah, Dulfy kind of set the bar much higher for these types of videos.

The Biolum skin looks interesting, and I wouldn't mind something different rom the Primeval / Starscale ones I use on pretty much everything else.

Now let's just hope that the Skyscale Mount Pack is also part of the new series of BL Chests; I have keys awaiting.... :+1: