Where in the world do you want to go next? Vote now!

Fenom.9457

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Member Cantha? I member

Come on, everyone wants Cantha because of feels.

Yeah sure I loved GW Factions also but what I really want is GW world to expand not circling around the same places.

We just spend (one coming soon) 2 expansions for places we've already been.

We could see some Cantha while exploring something else.

Somewhere new. As much as I'd like to see the places from Guild Wars 1 and how they've changed, I want to explore the rest of Tyria. Does it have any other continents besides Tyria, Cantha, and Elona? Are there hidden archipelagos or islands somewhere in the Unending Ocean? Are there entire continents, some "new worlds", yet undiscovered? If we always go back, we'll never know.

> @Pixlboy.5296 said:

> Member Cantha? I member

> Come on, everyone wants Cantha because of feels.

> Yeah sure I loved GW Factions also but what I really want is GW world to expand not circling around the same places.

> We just spend (one coming soon) 2 expansions for places we've already been.

> We could see some Cantha while exploring something else.

ehh, not everyone wants Cantha. I know I don't. I would rather get somewhere new than go back to that place. We have more areas known now with that one world map, I would love to see one of the other islands/continents.

Voted for Unending Ocean cuz everything else is kinda similar to where we've already been. I would like to see the Isle of Janthir though because I like that region. Also of course I wanna see Cantha (that's why Unending Ocean, it's the near it somehow :wink:).

Also checking the whole World of Tyria, there are some other major islands in the Unending Ocean like the two islands west of Cantha (Gwen and Yeh).

After seeing the new expanded map I am very excited to see what's in the far east regions.. hope we get to go there.. those are whole new areas of the world that we never even saw in the Gw1 world map..

I'm curious as to if those areas were going to be the setting areas for Guildwars Utopia the cancelled release that was supposed to be Aztec themed which is definitely the vibe I get looking at the new Gw2 map.

> @Trise.2865 said:

> Somewhere new. As much as I'd like to see the places from Guild Wars 1 and how they've changed, I want to explore the rest of Tyria. Does it have any other continents besides Tyria, Cantha, and Elona? Are there hidden archipelagos or islands somewhere in the Unending Ocean? Are there entire continents, some "new worlds", yet undiscovered? If we always go back, we'll never know.

The increase to blazeridge mountains and blood legion lands is so huge and we've never been there. It's so big it probably goes beyond those two places, but we've never been so who knows

My vote ultimately will have to go to the Blood Legion homelands, but if we were permitted multiple votes the Blazeridge Mountains (or the area east of them/ascalon) and Woodland Cascades would have been following close behind..

Anywho. Heres hoping one day we get to go see the Blood Citadel? : D

As far as Cantha is concerned, I was under the impression it was censored off due to a investor not liking the intermingling of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean influences(that was the rumor, however it could very well have been to ensure that Blade and Soul had the monopoly on asian influenced aesthethics for their product line-up ), hence why the Canthan district despite being fully built and done in Divinity's Reach, was completely removed for a large crater and eventually being replaced with the Crown Pavillion.

I personally would love to see Shin Jae Monastery again. It would be great to have an in-game area that teaches the player the different combat elements of the game.

> @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> As far as Cantha is concerned, I was under the impression it was censored off due to a investor not liking the intermingling of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean influences(that was the rumor, however it could very well have been to ensure that Blade and Soul had the monopoly on asian influenced aesthethics for their product line-up ), hence why the Canthan district despite being fully built and done in Divinity's Reach, was completely removed for a large crater and eventually being replaced with the Crown Pavillion.

>

> I personally would love to see Shin Jae Monastery again. It would be great to have an in-game area that teaches the player the different combat elements of the game.

By the time they're ready for Cantha (if not already) they'll be able to do it