are we expecting a character slot sale soon?

It's very hard to predict because gem store sales aren't on any kind of schedule. (I think that's deliberate, and for exactly this reason - so people will buy at full price instead of waiting until they're on sale.)

However I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sale by the end of August at the latest. August is the game's anniversary and there's usually a gem store sale to tie into that. There's no guarantee character slots will be included, but they're popular items so it seems likely.

> @"Shadow Dragon.1469" said:

> its been a while and if so id like to know so i can wait a bit longer

I know how you feel, I need the material storage update so bad, only purchased a single upgrade about 4-5 years ago, and now I'm finally running into the issue all the bag slots are filling up across all my 13 toons...

... and want 2 additional character slots for cosplaying and storage

Judging the past dates, Anniversary Sales should begin on 6/7th of August, so in another 3 weeks time \*excited\*

... and Character slot, seems to be around 20th-25th, so need to wait bout 5 weeks

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> It's very hard to predict because gem store sales aren't on any kind of schedule. (I think that's deliberate, and for exactly this reason - so people will buy at full price instead of waiting until they're on sale.)

>

> However I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sale by the end of August at the latest. August is the game's anniversary and there's usually a gem store sale to tie into that. There's no guarantee character slots will be included, but they're popular items so it seems likely.

Yep, and I'd been stocking up gems for that purpose. But the other week they had Shared Inventory slots on sale, and today Bank Tabs went on sale as well. Might not have to wait until August :+1:

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > It's very hard to predict because gem store sales aren't on any kind of schedule. (I think that's deliberate, and for exactly this reason - so people will buy at full price instead of waiting until they're on sale.)

> >

> > However I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sale by the end of August at the latest. August is the game's anniversary and there's usually a gem store sale to tie into that. There's no guarantee character slots will be included, but they're popular items so it seems likely.

>

> Yep, and I'd been stocking up gems for that purpose. But the other week they had Shared Inventory slots on sale, and today Bank Tabs went on sale as well. Might not have to wait until August :+1:

Aww, they would go and put bank tabs on sale when I'm away!

Hopefully they'll still be on sale when I get home on Monday, or they'll do another sale in August when I normally buy another one. (Not sure how I fell into that pattern but I always get 1 a year, when they're discounted during or after the games anniversary.)

I have a bunch of gems and am waiting for August to see what goes on sale.

...but there are only 8 professions... how many slots do we need. This ain't like Ultima Online. You could mix and match any skill on any character and I had like 20 characters there! :)

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> I have a bunch of gems and am waiting for August to see what goes on sale.

> ...but there are only 8 professions... how many slots do we need. This ain't like Ultima Online. You could mix and match any skill on any character and I had like 20 characters there! :)

9 professions

5 races

2 genders

So, 90 slots for optimal Fashion Wars 2?

For those wanting to look for sale patterns, you can check out the item's [Gem Store history](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion#Gem_Store_history) on the wiki.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> ...but there are only 8 professions... how many slots do we need. This ain't like Ultima Online. You could mix and match any skill on any character and I had like 20 characters there! :)

Only 9 professions, but multiple weapon, skill, trait and stat combinations for each one. Of course you can swap any of those on the same character far more quickly than in UO but if still means it's possible to have multiples of the same profession which play very differently.

Add in different race and gender options for cosmetics and there's plenty of reason to make multiple characters.

I have 11 permanent ones - 1 of each profession plus a second elementalist and engineer - and 2 spare slots for temporary characters. I've told myself I'm not making another permanent one until we get a new race, but I'm thinking of another slot so I can make some longer-term experimental characters.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

You cannot reason with an altoholic!

On a more serious note, different race/gender/profession combinations and more inventory spaces are what draw me to more slots... along with me just being an altoholic.

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

Because i want to create each character with 1 elite spec from same profession, kinda like generation 1 & 2 .