Stat swapping, non-legendary gear (New concept)

Hi Guys,

What if Anet introduced a new type of gear, between Ascended and Legendary, that had the ability to swap between 2 stats (e.g. Berserker and Harrier)?

I was wondering the other day if I ever had the chance to get legendary ( I do not have an awful lot of time to play), or will I be forced to carry multiple sets of gear for the restof my lilfe, or could there be a middle ground? That is when the idea hit.

This could be a set that is also hard to get (collections), but once you do all the collections, you get the recipe, and you can craft as many as you'd like, albeit they would be more costly than Ascended gear, and would have infusion slots as well. This way, if you want to have a main and an alt playstyle for a character (power dps, condi, healer, www, etc), it would make it a bit easier for you.

Just an idea, let's see if it gains any popularity :)

Why not modifying customize option on ascended gear? If you click on stats it would ask you to give anthology of heroes, ectoplasm and the inscription. People would still have to craft/buy mats with mystic forge / tp but they can change where they want.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Why not modifying customize option on ascended gear? If you click on stats it would ask you to give anthology of heroes, ectoplasm and the inscription. People would still have to craft/buy mats with mystic forge / tp but they can change where they want.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Conduit_(container)

The Mystic Forge Conduit costs about 70g you can forge wherever you want to. It's a portable toilet!

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Wow thanks very helpful, I didn't even know that item exist!

Alternatively you can zone into WvW and head to your garrison on any borderland (assuming your server controls it) and use the Mystic Forge there. When you zone out of WvW, you'll return to the same place you were at in PvE.

I would like to see an exotic version of legendary weapons and armor. Keep the stats lower than legendary and ascended, but allow prefix swapping at will.

I'm a filthy casual, I do not have the time for a legendary. I'd love to see these able to be purchased on the trading post for gems in addition to whatever anet may think is a good avenue to acquire.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Why not modifying customize option on ascended gear? If you click on stats it would ask you to give anthology of heroes, ectoplasm and the inscription. People would still have to craft/buy mats with mystic forge / tp but they can change where they want.

This would be a big QoL improvement, better if we don't lose upgrades/infusions in the process though it would make upgrade extractors even more useless.

Considering free stat swapping is the only functional bonus legendaries have, I don't agree that other gear should also get it.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to them introducing a new legendary armor set that's mainly acquired through PvE that isn't raids. Kinda sucks that armor is gated for a lot of people who don't like pvp and don't want to raid.

Edit: slight correction. They can also swap upgrades freely. But still, that's all they get and most don't even use it, so I still think it should be unique to legendaries.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > Why not simply make 2 asc sets?

> >

> > This.

>

> Because you have no way of changing stats on the fly to see how a build works?

Portable mystic forge, buy/craft insignia you need, get anthologies of heroes plus ectos, boom! On the fly statswap.

OR get leggy gear.

no offense, but all these suggestions masked with 'QoL improvement' will be really bad for the in-game economy in the long run

if people stops crafting the mass amount of exotics/ascended gears because they have easily obtainable free stats swappable gears, it will cause a massive overflow of excess materials, resulting in hyper deflation, which is something we already seen with the ecto market whenever a new LW map comes out since there isn't a lot of things to make that will require vast amount of ectos

Currently, peeps are already able to swap their stats of ascended gears by only using ectos, the ascended stuff, anthology of heroes and the inscription. Players already need only one ascended armor set + weapon to have whatever build they want when they want using the method described before at the mystic forge, making it integrated to the menu "customize" (cf right click on your ascended stuff) would change nothing if it still require the ingredients above.

I think they are no need in creating a new gear.

For exotics, no swap, you have to craft/buy the set you want. It's the simple logic of the thing:

1- exotic have to make any set, **can't swap**

2- Ascended you **can swap** but require **mats**

3- legendary you **can swap** with **nothing**

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > Why not simply make 2 asc sets?

> >

> > This.

>

> Because you have no way of changing stats on the fly to see how a build works?

Honest question: when was the last time you personally changed stats on the fly?

When was the last time you would have made use of this feature and were limited in the current game?

If you want to switch between different stats on exotic gear: most exotic items go for 30s - 1 gold. It is way faster to switch gear than stats on individual items.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > Why not simply make 2 asc sets?

> > >

> > > This.

> >

> > Because you have no way of changing stats on the fly to see how a build works?

>

> Honest question: when was the last time you personally changed stats on the fly?

>

> When was the last time you would have made use of this feature and were limited in the current game?

>

> If you want to switch between different stats on exotic gear: most exotic items go for 30s - 1 gold. It is way faster to switch gear than stats on individual items.

Honestly, I did what you described on 4 sets of gear. It became way to much too do, and too inventory intense to manage. Berserker set, rabid set, minstrel set, carrion set.

I'd like to try more sets like marauder/commanders, but it is too much to manage.

I still swap gear and builds about once or twice a play session. I love changing it up.

I can see the point about not cheapening legendaries, but if you keep it at exotic, or even rare item level, I would still prefer that because I love playing with builds...it is my favorite thing in the game.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> I would like to see an exotic version of legendary weapons and armor. Keep the stats lower than legendary and ascended, but allow prefix swapping at will.

>

> I'm a filthy casual, I do not have the time for a legendary. I'd love to see these able to be purchased on the trading post for gems in addition to whatever anet may think is a good avenue to acquire.

I have made previously two very similar suggestions:

1. Our current legendaries are ascended quality. Why not to make rare or exotic quality legendaries, with this stat swapping? Even rare quality legendaries would make it so, so much easier to try out different builds, before starting to invest to asc quality pieces.

2. Or, let us combine asc quality armors. That is, if you have asc berserker and asc marauder, you could combine them together, and be able to switch between these two stats. Either (a) introduce statless "base" piece which you can merge armor pieces to get the stat selectable, or (b) make a device that combines two armors together. This would be absolutely great for all sorts of balance patches, where you need to tweak your set.

I would like to have them both, on-the-fly stat-selectable rare pieces for trying out builds, and mergeable asc pieces to make higher quality gears for "real" use.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Why not simply make 2 asc sets?

If you are trying out different builds, the combos will explode in your hands. If you (1) know what you want, and (2) you are sure you don't want anything else, and (3) you are even so sure that no balance patch ever will change your mind, you are ok. But I am not that kind of person, for every three questions I need to answer "no".

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> no offense, but all these suggestions masked with 'QoL improvement' will be really bad for the in-game economy in the long run

>

> if people stops crafting the mass amount of exotics/ascended gears because they have easily obtainable free stats swappable gears, it will cause a massive overflow of excess materials, resulting in hyper deflation, which is something we already seen with the ecto market whenever a new LW map comes out since there isn't a lot of things to make that will require vast amount of ectos

I think this is a valid point about the economy.

What do you think about them as stat swappable level 80 rares? It would not affect the exotic economy, if anything it would help it.

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > I would like to see an exotic version of legendary weapons and armor. Keep the stats lower than legendary and ascended, but allow prefix swapping at will.

> >

> > I'm a filthy casual, I do not have the time for a legendary. I'd love to see these able to be purchased on the trading post for gems in addition to whatever anet may think is a good avenue to acquire.

>

> I have made previously two very similar suggestions:

>

> 1. Our current legendaries are ascended quality. Why not to make rare or exotic quality legendaries, with this stat swapping? Even rare quality legendaries would make it so, so much easier to try out different builds, before starting to invest to asc quality pieces.

> 2. Or, let us combine asc quality armors. That is, if you have asc berserker and asc marauder, you could combine them together, and be able to switch between these two stats. Either (a) introduce statless "base" piece which you can merge armor pieces to get the stat selectable, or (b) make a device that combines two armors together. This would be absolutely great for all sorts of balance patches, where you need to tweak your set.

>

> I would like to have them both, on-the-fly stat-selectable rare pieces for trying out builds, and mergeable asc pieces to make higher quality gears for "real" use.

>

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > Why not simply make 2 asc sets?

>

> If you are trying out different builds, the combos will explode in your hands. If you (1) know what you want, and (2) you are sure you don't want anything else, and (3) you are even so sure that no balance patch ever will change your mind, you are ok. But I am not that kind of person, for every three questions I need to answer "no".

If youre trying out different builds, get leggy armor for the QoL it provides. It exists in this game for a reason.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> If youre trying out different builds, get leggy armor for the QoL it provides. It exists in this game for a reason.

Yes, it is the high end pieces in the game, after what you don't need to think gears again. But I was not asking for that, just for pieces I could try out stat distributions before going to exotic or ascended - or legendary, to remove the problem all together.