Probably the Last Time we'll ever see a gw2 Tournament this big! Player Made Only!

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > >

> > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> >

> > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

>

> 15k* viewers

WoW.. no pond intended. 15k viewers. Imagine if Anet did the same & put up this much reward & stream it... it would fail.

It would not even come close to what success Tea pot just accomplish. Why? Just cuz it takes a combination of a beloved streamer like (Tea pot) who knows how to hype it up + the rewards. Now imagine if you had both + A functional, balance, none broken game that's actually fun to play & to view. Holly cow the potential. Jawrgus was right about the content creation aspect. People wont watch it cuz it's boring to watch. PVE, pvp, WvW. Beautiful game with loads of content that's just leaves you with that boring stale taste in your mouth. I'm just surprised that Tea pot manage to make it exiting.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > >

> > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> >

> > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

>

> Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> >

> > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

>

> 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

That's 10x the wvw population :/

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > >

> > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > >

> > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> >

> > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

>

> No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

Yip! What he said..

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > >

> > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > >

> > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> >

> > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

>

> No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

You didn't get my point. People are always so down on Anet ... but the game has persisted and been successful for 7 years. That's not an indication of a marketing team that doesn't get it.

Yes I know it's fun to just crap on everything when nothing is happening the way you want it to. I get it; you got nothing to lose, so you just bag on all of it. The difference is that people know BS when they see it. Apparently, when someone leaves the game, it's proof that the game is broken and that marketing has no clue. The reality is that there isn't anything exceptional going on here ... not even people making something from nothing to continually bash on Anet and GW2 for some perverse pleasure they derive from it. That's why there isn't much to be concerned about here. People leave. Other people will sensationalize it because don't like something about the game. It's all just noise in the end because most people can't even present a sensible statement.

The bottomline is this: if you want to start being taken seriously and listened to, don't support nonsense like calling the game broken and marketing with no clue because someone left.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > > >

> > > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > > >

> > > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> > >

> > > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

> >

> > No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

>

> You didn't get my point. People are always so down on Anet ... but the game has persisted and been successful for 7 years. That's not an indication of a marketing team that doesn't get it.

>

> Yes I know it's fun to just kitten on everything when nothing is happening the way you want it to. I get it; you got nothing to lose, so you just bag on all of it. The difference is that people know BS when they see it. Apparently, when someone leaves the game, it's proof that the game is broken and that marketing has no clue. The reality is that there isn't anything exceptional going on here ... not even people making something from nothing to continually bash on Anet and GW2 for some perverse pleasure they derive from it. That's why there isn't much to be concerned about here. People leave. Other people will sensationalize it because don't like something about the game. It's all just noise in the end because most people can't even present a sensible statement.

>

> The bottomline is this: if you want to start being taken seriously and listened to, don't support nonsense like calling the game broken and marketing with no clue because someone left.

i mean marketing ith no clue is the default woth anet altho attenpts have been made, the teapot bit is w/e.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > > >

> > > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > > >

> > > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> > >

> > > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

> >

> > No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

>

> You didn't get my point. People are always so down on Anet ... but the game has persisted and been successful for 7 years. That's not an indication of a marketing team that doesn't get it.

>

You call Gw2 a 7 year success. I'm calling why has Anet in 7 years with Gw2 has never once matched what Tea Pot has accomplished with in 1 day?

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> You call Gw2 a 7 year success. I'm calling why has Anet in 7 years with Gw2 has never once matched what Tea Pot has accomplished with in 1 day?

Because their goal was nto to make people watch streams, but to make them play the game. And they made a bit more than just 15-17k players to buy and play the game.

I wonder, how many players came to GW2 thanks to Teapot...

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

> > >

> > > No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

> >

> > You didn't get my point. People are always so down on Anet ... but the game has persisted and been successful for 7 years. That's not an indication of a marketing team that doesn't get it.

> >

> You call Gw2 a 7 year success. I'm calling why has Anet in 7 years with Gw2 has never once matched what Tea Pot has accomplished with in 1 day?

>

>

because the Esl partner ship was lost so they stop caring after that. However they could of Done Pve Raids like this and do some nasty tournaments. However it's Anet were talking about they do like doing much other then remaking skins and selling it to the casuals for some cash.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

> > > > >

> > > > > 10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.

> > > > > In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius

> > >

> > > No, if the marketing was genious they would promote ot and aknowledge it.

> >

> > You didn't get my point. People are always so down on Anet ... but the game has persisted and been successful for 7 years. That's not an indication of a marketing team that doesn't get it.

> >

>

>

That doesn't make sense. Tea Pot isn't in the business of developing games and Anet is not in the business of making twitch videos. I bet Anet has never once played in a heavy metal concert either or landed on the moon ... but none of that makes me think they haven't made a successful game.

> @"xenon.3264" said:

> > Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

>

> Who?

>

> Do you realize that most of the community do not watch twitch streams ?

1. Twitch is a good barometer for measuring the popularity of your game within the industry. By your logic, no poll or survey is valid unless a majority of humans on the entire planet participate?

> Game failure or less is not related to streams .

2. Game failure is related to streams, depending on how you define "failure".

> Btw all those influencer moving to wow classic...if I were a blizzard employee from the marketing team I'd pay them the move to my next project and would write post above post on forums and Reddits saying how they are moving to the next big thing

>

>

> I'd do but I am none. And btw wow classic will implode in a couple of months when bwl will be in farming. Do you realize we have 10 years of experience and those are no more a issue like they were.

3. So you would engage in a conspiracy to commit fraud?

4. Also, you are judging the fate of classic ahead of time.

> And btw if blizzard decided to spend more time and resources for casuals maybe they have stats whom to take this decision on.

5. Yes, you have identified the core of the problem: companies use analytics to chase an ever-expanding profit bubble at the expense of the quality of the game. Because casuals will spend money on pretty much anything. It's a sound business plan. Anet will make plenty of money this way. That =/= game quality.

> Let's wait for 30 anyway

6. And now you want to wait to judge gw2. Why not extend this courtesy to classic wow?

1 2 Twitch Is Just that part of players who loves to watch other players play. Most players on casual games do not do that.

So it is not a valid statistic pool since gw2 is a casual game.

3 no fraud he just moved where money and player will be on twitch next months

6 it is the same game of ten years no wait 20 years ago. It will last while the good old days effect will last

5 casual do not mean less quality . Raid does not mean more quality

The game is clearly in decline community wise. And I don't feel very good. With Dulfy leaving her page, the last few raid guilds leaving who actually make all the meta builds, there will be fewer and fewer community things and it is annoying. The game clearly needs more updates in PvP, WvW, 5-man and 10-man PvE. This is what a game keeps alive community-wise. Of course you have a shitton of PvE casuals who play the game and don't care about builds and hardcore content. Maybe Anet have the metrics and they are happy with it, I don't know. But from my perspective the game never reached its full potential and it's a shame.

I dont know how anyone who has played this game long enough would still believe that the game isn't declining as bad as it has 3 years ago? This game isn't offering anything for anyone anymore. All the hardcore Pve players are moving on, All the hardcore WvW commanders and GvG guild leaders are all moving on , and then you have all the hardcore Spvp players that are also moving on because Monthly has been stripped away for 2 months now giving them 0 reason to log in and actually group as 5 to even play spvp.

There isn't anything for anyone to gain anything from any of the game modes unless it's a few skins and some gold? Gold and Skins can only take you so far as a hardcore that offers noting for anyone. All I requested was for some sort of competitive 5 vs 5 and Monthly was the only thing that made me log into this game. Tried the WvW game mode and Enjoy my time with it till All the good GvG guilds started disbanding due to the lack of guilds wants to fight each other/commanders quieting the game. Then we have Raiding......which isn't hard to pick up at all.

To those that don't understand how big of a hit gw2 taking overall with almost all the top streamers leaving for something different then you won't understand as to why the communities are dying off and why a lot of maps/game modes are lacking players. Streamers bring in communities and players for us over all and they some what have an influence over the game especially if they have a strong fan base following. Currently we have Wooden potato , TeaPot, Jaw, Bik and a few other big gw2 streamers all just leaving the game. Some of these guys usually pull 100-500 viewers on a daily bases imagine not having any of them around anymore and having low tier streamers of gw2 with 10-20? If no one watching gw2 on twitch then how the hell are we expecting new players to come in and try the game if anet themselves don't really promote the game?

This game is currently a sinking ship. Love the game because it has an amazing combat system, great spell system but the owners and staff of the game just have no clue on how to really make the game shine more then what it did years ago. Adding a New LW story or Expansion isn't going to fix anything. It'll give it a few months of fun then it'll die down again just how PoF ended up.

> @"Spectre.5287" said:

> Who's Teapot?

He or she, er…. whatever gender/identity that person has, is, apparently someone on twitch who did something. There also appears to be some people who attribute messiah like attributes of leading masses of people from one game to another by their mere presence (though that is unconfirmed at this point. I for one do not believe in a Teapot, but, if you do, I hope he grants you your wishes.

The sad thing is that at the start anet promised to support this tournament. Not only rewards for victors but also special item that when activated would ignore downstate (for the tournament rules). About 2 months ago they said that they will not do any of that.

This tournament had more then 17k views at the finals, which is biggest viewcount ever in gw2 I think, but last raid tournament (erp2) was also a big succes with over 5k views at its peak. There were indications that this will be one of the biggest events yet it wasnt worth for them to support. Quite sad.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> The sad thing is that at the start anet promised to support this tournament. Not only rewards for victors but also special item that when activated would ignore downstate (for the tournament rules). About 2 months ago they said that they will not do any of that.

> This tournament had more then 17k views at the finals, which is biggest viewcount ever in gw2 I think, but last raid tournament (erp2) was also a big succes with over 5k views at its peak. There were indications that this will be one of the biggest events yet it wasnt worth for them to support. Quite sad.

Not quite. Teapot decided to forego any ArenaNet support.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > The sad thing is that at the start anet promised to support this tournament. Not only rewards for victors but also special item that when activated would ignore downstate (for the tournament rules). About 2 months ago they said that they will not do any of that.

> > This tournament had more then 17k views at the finals, which is biggest viewcount ever in gw2 I think, but last raid tournament (erp2) was also a big succes with over 5k views at its peak. There were indications that this will be one of the biggest events yet it wasnt worth for them to support. Quite sad.

>

> Not quite. Teapot decided to forego any ArenaNet support.

Yea, heared his video. Srill, I dont get why anet couldnt support tournament because of action camera.