Re: Endless Ocean Weapons

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9c24aNew-Horizons_EN.png "")

>

> **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

>

> (re: teaser artwork distributed about the August 30 preview)

This has nothing to do with anything in that teaser picture whatsoever. Don’t read things into something that aren’t there.

Especially given all the other teasers around the shiverpeajs and jormag

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9c24aNew-Horizons_EN.png "")

> >

> > **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

> >

> > (re: teaser artwork distributed about the August 30 preview)

>

> This has nothing to do with anything in that teaser picture whatsoever. Don’t read things into something that aren’t there.

>

> Especially given all the other teasers around the shiverpeajs and Jormag

I mean it could be both?

> ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9c24aNew-Horizons_EN.png "")

>

>

Oooh, I hope this means more underwater content! =) Are the pictures of the New Horizons mounts? I couldn’t find them without Google.

> @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9c24aNew-Horizons_EN.png "")

> >

> > **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

> >

>

> Oooh, I hope this means more underwater content! =) Are the pictures of the **New Horizons** mounts? I couldn’t find them without Google.

Bolded: I think they just renamed the mount package. The mounts listed appears to be the same as the previous ones.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Especially given all the other teasers around the shiverpeajs and jormag

I'm assuming those are a distraction. And I believe the weapon set does have something to do with future content.

We'll see soon enough, I guess. ;)

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> I mean it could be both?

Exactly! :)

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9c24aNew-Horizons_EN.png "")

> > >

> > > **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

> > >

> > > (re: teaser artwork distributed about the August 30 preview)

> >

> > Oooh, I hope this means more underwater content! =) Are the pictures of the **New Horizons** mounts? I couldn’t find them without Google.

>

> Bolded: I think they just renamed the mount package. The mounts listed appears to be the same as the previous ones.

Do you know what it was renamed to? Or have pictures of the new mount skins not been released yet?

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Especially given all the other teasers around the shiverpeajs and jormag

>

> I'm assuming those are a distraction. And I believe the weapon set does have something to do with future content.

Like the torment weapons had anything to do with future content when they were released?

Nothing to do with it ~_~ stop seeing cantha everywhere. The email screenshot is snow so shiverpeaks and jormag, has been confirmed by added jormag fanatics everywhere.

Through, bl weapons are hint for upcoming content. Note that bioluminescents are before endless ocean, so firstly ley line or asura then largos and unending ocean.

The set always arrive before the release:

Cf deviant glass skins showing gods, what came after? Dragonfall shattered god realms.

By nitpicking we can find sets not pointing to future release, but many are.

What does the teaser artwork distributed weeks ago have to do with Evon's latest weapon set? It's very rare that new skins have been directly related or even indirectly inspired by the Living World.

It's certainly _possible_. I just don't think it comes anywhere close to "proof" of intent.

Given all the hints about jormag, and considering how you could have some norn episodes without him and some episodes around him where he’s still asleep, whereas any DSD plot would be pretty world ending for the more relaxed season they promised, I imagine if we get any water content it’ll be the big lake in the far shiverpeaks. Which exites me greatly but is also concerning - is anet going into an entirely new region of the world in a living world season? Do they have the resources there to create all the many, many required new assets? I’m not sure. They’ve explored the ring of fire and deldimor fronts first in living world seasons but those are in many ways exceptions, as possibly the only regions that don’t need many new assets, considering what was already in the game, to be done right. So I’m kinda scared if they do this, that the far shiverpeaks won’t compare to the heart of Maguuma or crystal desert, for example. But hey, they’ve done pretty great so far

See wiki, compare release dates of weapons set and living world season/step releasing date.

And don't restrict yourself to a episode but instead see the whole season.

Notable example:

-Fused/Sclerite/Aetherized related to what will arrive after: battle of la and scarlet alliances.

-Shadow/blood and madness = halloween

-Winter's =wintersday

-ley line and season 2

-pact fleet maybe hinting HOT

-mordrem = hot confirmed

-spectral and Orr

-bloodstone

-frostforged

-abaddon

-war god = hinting pof plot

-alchemist

-inquest mark II and desert king = spoilers

Well ... maybe some Norn will set sail into the ocean. :D

(I just did on some of my other chars the main personal story line where near the end in one mission you can chose Romke is involved - who was a Norn sailor guy. So not all the norn are sitting in the mountain in the ice I guess.)

>

The weapons are out now. And most blc weapon sets are **not** related to the plot's direction, on average. And when they are, they are released **alongside** or **after** the relevant plots get revealed, they've _never once_ been used as a foreshadowing of events.

On top of that, if they were hinting to underwater content, **these weapons would include aquatic weapons.**

Even if these weapons were hinting at S5 plot, keep in mind there's a big ass inland sea that Jormag created, and the aesthetics of these weapons do have a certain largos feel, and there _are_ largos in the northern waters. So if they're hinting at underwater content (which I doubt), it could easily be hinting at that inland sea in the Far Shiverpeaks rather than the Unending Ocean.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Bolded: I think they just renamed the mount package. The mounts listed appears to be the same as the previous ones.

You didn't look at the new mount package then. The new one has 3 new skyscales, 2 new warclaws, among 1-2 new skins of the rest.

None are water based though.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Nothing to do with it ~_~ stop seeing cantha everywhere. The email screenshot is snow so shiverpeaks and jormag, has been confirmed by added jormag fanatics everywhere.

>

> Through, bl weapons are hint for upcoming content. Note that bioluminescents are before endless ocean, so firstly ley line or asura then largos and unending ocean.

> The set always arrive before the release:

> Cf deviant glass skins showing gods, what came after? Dragonfall shattered god realms.

>

> By nitpicking we can find sets not pointing to future release, but many are.

Sometimes the BLC weapons pertain to the story - I would argue that defiant glass connection is rather stretching it though - but not every set does.

For example: Shifting Sands, Alchemist, and Equinox weapon sets had no relevance to Season 4 or any festival during that time. That's 3 of 7 non-festival related blc weapon sets released during the course of Season 4 - three of the other four definitely were (Inquest Mk II, Desert King, Branded), and one is questionable (Defiant Glass).

I would argue that "many" sets are, in fact, _not_ pointing to future releases. Of those four, three were released **_alongside_** relevant releases (Defiant Glass being the only one released ahead of time, and again, debatable connection). And if we go to Season 3 - Keepsake, Beastslayer, Devoted, and Embellished were released without connection to the plot, while Bloodstone, and (tentatively) Abaddon were released with connection to the plot. Four disconnected versus two connected. Even more of a disparity. And of those two - Bloodstone released **after** Episode 1, while Abaddon released **alongside** Episode 6. So again, no hinting at future content there.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Like the torment weapons had anything to do with future content when they were released?

They weren't included in an episode-specific Gem Store preparation pack, were they?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

>

> What does the teaser artwork distributed weeks ago have to do with Evon's latest weapon set?

What I just wrote above.

> @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > (image here)

> > > >

> > > > **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

> > > >

> > > > (re: teaser artwork distributed about the August 30 preview)

> > >

> > > Oooh, I hope this means more underwater content! =) Are the pictures of the **New Horizons** mounts? I couldn’t find them without Google.

> >

> > Bolded: I think they just renamed the mount package. The mounts listed appears to be the same as the previous ones.

>

> Do you know what it was renamed to? Or have pictures of the new mount skins not been released yet?

Here's the gallery (not my doing, found on Reddit) of the New Horizons mounts, with default dyes: https://imgur.com/a/57KRKx8#DUxiM6S You can also preview them in your mount panel right now in game.

You get a choice of one of them, and then either a choice of an older set mount or a random New Horizons one, when you buy the Supply Drop.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > @"VDAC.2137" said:

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > (image here)

> > > > >

> > > > > **Ocean** water, NOT snow - I told you so! =)

> > > > >

> > > > > (re: teaser artwork distributed about the August 30 preview)

> > > >

> > > > Oooh, I hope this means more underwater content! =) Are the pictures of the **New Horizons** mounts? I couldn’t find them without Google.

> > >

> > > Bolded: I think they just renamed the mount package. The mounts listed appears to be the same as the previous ones.

> >

> > Do you know what it was renamed to? Or have pictures of the new mount skins not been released yet?

>

> Here's the gallery (not my doing, found on Reddit) of the New Horizons mounts, with default dyes: https://imgur.com/a/57KRKx8#DUxiM6S You can also preview them in your mount panel right now in game.

> You get a choice of one of them, and then either a choice of an older set mount or a random New Horizons one, when you buy the Supply Drop.

Stardust skin for Warclaw?? I like <3

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Like the torment weapons had anything to do with future content when they were released?

>

> They weren't included in an episode-specific Gem Store preparation pack, were they?

There weren't any episode-specific gem store preparation packs then.

You could say, that up until now, there was never a case of gemstore preparation pack spoiling future content using a themed weapon set. So, if these new weapons _are_ a content spoiler, it is something without precedence.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Like the torment weapons had anything to do with future content when they were released?

> >

> > They weren't included in an episode-specific Gem Store preparation pack, were they?

> There weren't any episode-specific gem store preparation packs then.

My point exactly. ;) Well, we will see whether these weapons are an indicator or not. :)

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Nothing to do with it ~_~ stop seeing cantha everywhere. The email screenshot is snow so shiverpeaks and jormag, has been confirmed by added jormag fanatics everywhere.

> >

> > Through, bl weapons are hint for upcoming content. Note that bioluminescents are before endless ocean, so firstly ley line or asura then largos and unending ocean.

> > The set always arrive before the release:

> > Cf deviant glass skins showing gods, what came after? Dragonfall shattered god realms.

> >

> > By nitpicking we can find sets not pointing to future release, but many are.

>

> Sometimes the BLC weapons pertain to the story - I would argue that defiant glass connection is rather stretching it though - but not every set does.

>

> For example: Shifting Sands, Alchemist, and Equinox weapon sets had no relevance to Season 4 or any festival during that time. That's 3 of 7 non-festival related blc weapon sets released during the course of Season 4 - three of the other four definitely were (Inquest Mk II, Desert King, Branded), and one is questionable (Defiant Glass).

>

> I would argue that "many" sets are, in fact, _not_ pointing to future releases. Of those four, three were released **_alongside_** relevant releases (Defiant Glass being the only one released ahead of time, and again, debatable connection). And if we go to Season 3 - Keepsake, Beastslayer, Devoted, and Embellished were released without connection to the plot, while Bloodstone, and (tentatively) Abaddon were released with connection to the plot. Four disconnected versus two connected. Even more of a disparity. And of those two - Bloodstone released **after** Episode 1, while Abaddon released **alongside** Episode 6. So again, no hinting at future content there.

You shouldn't restrict yourself to the associated episode it's way far more, related to the season in the whole!

Way far more in ls3. None for Ember Bay.

(July 26 2016 -November 28 2017)

+ Privateer June 14 2016

-> remind claw island, who stood against zhaithan and risen? Lion's guard. Hint for orr, episode 6.

Embelished July 26 2016. - e1 July 26

Bloodstone Fen

+ -> This set is in fact an eye wink to ls4e4 jahai displaced towers, the golden aspect is used on purpose.

+ Bloodstone August 23 2016

-> Those aren't related to bloodstone fen but are a reference to episode 4, to **bloodstone** crazed caudecus.

September 20 2016 episode 2

Ember bay

November 21 2016 episode 3

Bitterfrost

+ Frostforged December 13 2016

-> Same as before, a really early hint for lws5, or lws4 e5, note recently we got another one "glacial" recently more than coincidence.

February 8 2017 episode 4

Lake Doric

+ Beastslayer March 28 2017

-> Hint Zinn combat against druids, mercernary destroying nature and the beast you will find there. Some weapons are inspired: bristleback carapace, **primordy** head...

May 2 2017 episode 5

Draconis Mons

Abaddon July 25 2017 + episode 6

Siren's landing

+ ->Simultaneously, so at the T instant of the release, nobody has finished the episode. I wasn't suspecting to go at abaddon reliquary, so the set is a hint of what will come when doing the story so future/current.

Rapidly about season 4:

(November 28 2017 - May 14 2019)

+ Shifting sands november 7 2017

-> hinting istan, that we will return to another desert map note the occultist green flame like awakened.

Episode 1 istan - november 28 2017

No need of set, covered.

+ Glacial december 12 2017

-> Said before, confirm thunderhead

Episode 2 sandswept - march 6 2018

+ Inquest mkII march 27 2018

-> not related to sandswept but to kourna.

Hint of more inquest aka awakened inquest, indeed awak inq meta + awakened inquest wear mkII weapons + derv after.

Episode 3 kourna - july 26 2018

No need, covered.

+ Desert king june 26 2018

-> ref to joko what will happens now? What about awakened? Next episode what we have... free awakened, and monument of joko.

Episode 4 jahai - september 18 2018

No need of set, covered.

Episode 5 thunderhead - january 8 2019

No need, covered.

+ Deviant glass march 5 2019

-> obvious reference to dragonfall

Episode 6 dragonfall - may 14 2019

+ branded set

-> ref to kralk death or to the fact that like zhaithan, we will clear the corruption, charrlands?

Again will not force anybody, if for you it's nothing, coincidence or overstated links that's okay, but it's clear in my honest opinion that the half are actually aimed to upcoming episode, Indeed I agree some are purely cosmetics without purposes.

Furthermore some are small spoilers, some clearly indicate what to expect after.

I really convinced that, bioluminescent and endless sea aren't here for nothing.

Will continue to defend my argument even if I'm not convincing you.

Devs stated in the last QA that is it not impossible to have discret hints.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> + Privateer June 14 2016

> -> remind claw island, who stood against zhaithan and risen? Lion's guard. Hint for orr, episode 6.

Quite a bit of a stretch to relate pirates to Zhaitan and Orr. Especially since the Pact plot had minimal (if any) relevance to pirates. You'd make a stronger case claiming they were a hint to the pirate skritt of Ember Bay, but that's hardly a plot relevance to hint to, and might not have even been part of the episode at the time.

> Embelished July 26 2016. - e1 July 26

> Bloodstone Fen

> + -> This set is in fact an eye wink to ls4e4 jahai displaced towers, the golden aspect is used on purpose.

They don't plan that far in advanced, especially for small tidbits like that. Not related.

> + Bloodstone August 23 2016

> -> Those aren't related to bloodstone fen but are a reference to episode 4, to **bloodstone** crazed caudecus.

Except that the White Mantle used these weapons in the raids and Episode 1. These were weapons created for NPCs that were given to players via blc later on.

> + Frostforged December 13 2016

> -> Same as before, a really early hint for lws5, or lws4 e5, note recently we got another one "glacial" recently more than coincidence.

Again, no. Those were wintersday weapons. They're related to the festival, not the future. Same goes for Glacial. Note that they're both released *with wintersday's release.*

> + Beastslayer March 28 2017

> -> Hint Zinn combat against druids, mercernary destroying nature and the beast you will find there. Some weapons are inspired: bristleback carapace, **primordy** head...

None have a Primordus head, nor do they relate to the druids at all. This is actually a thematic continuation of the [slayer outfit](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slayer%27s_Outfit) that came out much earlier in late 2015 (shortly after HoT launched, when S3's plot was still in rough development). No relation to story.

> Abaddon July 25 2017 + episode 6

> Siren's landing

> + ->Simultaneously, so at the T instant of the release, nobody has finished the episode. I wasn't suspecting to go at abaddon reliquary, so the set is a hint of what will come when doing the story so future/current.

Yes, a strong case for relation, but again, **simultaneous release**. Not foreshadowing.

> + Shifting sands november 7 2017

> -> hinting istan, that we will return to another desert map note the occultist green flame like awakened.

Istan has nothing to do with the djinn or sand jackals except some very, very, **very** minor and irrelevant trash mobs. If anything, this was a callback to PoF that had already released, but even then, zero relevance to plot, just some world building.

> + Glacial december 12 2017

> -> Said before, confirm thunderhead

Didn't confirm jack. Wintersday weaponset. We get an ice or snow themed weapon set **every single year** in December since 2012.

> + Inquest mkII march 27 2018

> -> not related to sandswept but to kourna.

> Hint of more inquest aka awakened inquest, indeed awak inq meta + awakened inquest wear mkII weapons + derv after.

The Inquest of Sandswept Isles use them (I'm not sure the Awakened Inquest do, actually). It's not related to Kourna, but to Rata Primus, where they were used. Not foreshadowing, **simultaneous release**.

> + Desert king june 26 2018

> -> ref to joko what will happens now? What about awakened? Next episode what we have... free awakened, and monument of joko.

Released alongside the Joko episode, as part of that episode, not a foreshadowing. It's literally Awakened theme through and through. And Joko is the Desert King. If he didn't have an iconic staff from GW1, they'd probably have given him Desert King weapons to wield (I'm just a little surprised the Awakened of Domain of Kourna don't tbh). It's no more foreshadowing than the Awakened mounts or Awakened outfits that released around the same time.

> + Deviant glass march 5 2019

> -> obvious reference to dragonfall

Hardly, given there's no reference in Dragonfall to half the gods. And War Eternal got the Branded weapons released simultaneously with it.

> Devs stated in the last QA that is it not impossible to have discret hints.

The dev's idea of a "discrete hint" is giving a White Mantle mook the Balthazar Shield in the scene where "Lazarus" (aka Balthazar) first makes an appearance to hint at Lazarus' true identity.

They've _never once_ used gemstore items to hint at upcoming things. Gemstore things related to the story in some way are either released alongside, or after. Usually for blc weapons it's alongside, while for direct gemstore it's 2 weeks after.

You're not the first to go proclaiming a blc set hints to future content, but there's just zero precedence for it.