In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate in Field of Ruins

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> How do you sequester the players who haven't bought the expansions?

well in other MMOs like WoW for example, if you try to go through a portal into a zone from an expansion you dont have, it will display a message and just not allow you through. Same could work here. path wont work if you dont have it unlocked. There are already similar mechanics such as the Order of Whispers cave.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in, otherwise it's too long of a distance. As for HoT maps, they don't need one as there's a path between those and core via the Silverwastes, so it's already connected.

There are already places like that. Not sure why they didn't want the Fields of Ruins gate connected. One is the Silverwastes portal to Verdant Brink as mentioned above, there is one from Divinity's Reach and Lake Doric, Lake Doric and Harathi Hinterlands, Frostgorge Sound and Bitterfrost Frontier.

As for being too far, there is a pretty big gap between The Desolation and Domain of Vabbi as well.

Airship from Lion's Arch to Crystal Oasis is reusable for any character who has unlocked the first stage of PoF.

> @"Zahld.4956" said:

> Or have free gates that allow for selection of any one of the meta event map areas at meta event starting point.

They already sell items to get unlimited free teleport to LS3 + 4 zones.

> This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

The devs already implemented this idea! It’s called “buy the expansion”.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> > In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

>

> Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in

...which I believe is what the OP is asking for. :)

> @"Shena Fu.5792" said:

> Airship from Lion's Arch to Crystal Oasis is reusable for any character who has unlocked the first stage of PoF.

>

> > @"Zahld.4956" said:

> > Or have free gates that allow for selection of any one of the meta event map areas at meta event starting point.

>

> They already sell items to get unlimited free teleport to LS3 + 4 zones.

Directly to starting meta event area way points.

Which item is this?

Extremely simply, ever try to get into the HOT core maps without the expansion?

I would love to see zones connected too and have been asking for this. A map not connected to anything just seems like it is disconnected from the world. Then people wonder why so few 80s play with core stuff unless it is a daily? Well, it is not like we are walking through those maps to get somewhere.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> > In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

>

> Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in, otherwise it's too long of a distance. As for HoT maps, they don't need one as there's a path between those and core via the Silverwastes, so it's already connected.

I am guessing you did not play much of S3? That works for bitterfrost but nowhere else.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> > > In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

> >

> > Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in, otherwise it's too long of a distance. As for HoT maps, they don't need one as there's a path between those and core via the Silverwastes, so it's already connected.

>

> I am guessing you did not play much of S3? That works for bitterfrost but nowhere else.

It actually works for Lake Doric, too, which has gate access from both Divinity's Reach and Harathi Hinterlands. There are also gates connecting Vabbi to Jahai and Jahai to Kourna in Season 4. The two maps adjacent to others without access are, as far as I recall, Siren's Landing (which is probably separate for story reasons, it would be weird walking from pre-Zaithan Orr straight into post-Zaithan Orr) and the Bloodstone Fen (which is separated from Verdant Brink by a wall of large cliffs).

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> > > > In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

> > >

> > > Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in, otherwise it's too long of a distance. As for HoT maps, they don't need one as there's a path between those and core via the Silverwastes, so it's already connected.

> >

> > I am guessing you did not play much of S3? That works for bitterfrost but nowhere else.

> It actually works for Lake Doric, too, which has gate access from both Divinity's Reach and Harathi Hinterlands. There are also gates connecting Vabbi to Jahai and Jahai to Kourna in Season 4. The two maps adjacent to others without access are, as far as I recall, Siren's Landing (which is probably separate for story reasons, it would be weird walking from pre-Zaithan Orr straight into post-Zaithan Orr) and the Bloodstone Fen (which is separated from Verdant Brink by a wall of large cliffs).

Yes, I know about the S3/S4 maps that can reach another map but the original statement seemed to be saying you can reach all of the S3 maps from the northern shiverpeaks. The majority are a complete no. Only one directly. Two if you allow traversal through other maps to get there.

I’d love maps connecting more too (gives me serious OCD when they don’t), but that’s essentially asking for a whole new map in that space, so it comes down to if the story needs one there or can justify it. Although that said, I would love to see anet map add some maps here and there independently of the main story, with the explanation simply being that we’re explorers, we can go to places that aren’t in imminent danger sometimes too.

There are a few ways they can deal with it - like ice covering the portal to bitter frost frontier until you do that episode. Or the portal from DR to lake Doric is crossed out and an NPC tells you only certain people are allowed in

I hope the reason they haven't connected the Desert Gate in Fields of Ruin to Desert Highlands is because they're planning on filling the space in between with one or more new maps at some point.

We know it wasn't a mistake or something they forgot about, because they put the other end of the road in at the [Closed Passage](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Closed_Passage "Closed Passage") POI with an NPC explaining that the road is closed because of a rock fall which made it impassable.

If they made it so we go straight from the Desert Gate to the Closed Passage (which would need a different name) it would be a bit difficult to explain why, later on, we're exploring the space in between for the first time.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > This a small request that doesnt need much priority, just would like to put this idea on the table.

> > > In the future could you add paths to core map to expansion areas? Like Desert Gate POI in Field of Ruins?

> >

> > Using that gate in that way wouldn't work as there's actually another zone or two that would need to be added in, otherwise it's too long of a distance. As for HoT maps, they don't need one as there's a path between those and core via the Silverwastes, so it's already connected.

>

> I am guessing you did not play much of S3? That works for bitterfrost but nowhere else.

I played S3, but what does that have to do with my statement...which only mentions HoT maps and the OP's reference to the gate in Field of Ruind. S3 is not HoT, it is HoT related and I was specifically refering to HoT maps, which are VB, AB, TD and DS,

I would like to see this as well. Wouldn't is be cool if one day you could walk a toon from one end of the continent to the other in an uninterrupted (No Skipping over un used portions of Map) trek. Could be an achievement, Call it the Gump Achievement after Forest who ran from one side of the US to the other. Just a thought :)