A heterosexual couple

Linken.6345

So since we have a lesbian couple in the Dragon's Watch can we get a heterosexual one aswell?

If your going for a gay couple, I would point you to canach he could use a harded wooded male in his life maybe.

Im making this thread since Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said -We want all players to know that they can talk freely about the content of the game, even when the topic is difficult, such as gender identities and sexual orientation.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/86603/all-vabbians-are-heterosexual-now#latest

Honestly, Kass and Jori are the only couple I would want in my guild. I don't need more couples following me into the gates of hell, camping on our travels, and helping citizens. Having multiple romances going on in your circle would just complicate things and make it awkward and then it becomes competition of who gets more screen time. One couple is more than enough for the commander to deal with.

Unless of course your intention with this post is to bait from the other thread and cause more chaos. If so, let's not start all of that again.

> @"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:

> Honestly, Kass and Jori are the only couple I would want in my guild. I don't need more couples following me into the gates of hell, camping on our travels, and helping citizens. Having multiple romances going on in your circle would just complicate things and make it awkward and then it becomes competition of who gets more screen time. One couple is more than enough for the commander to deal with.

>

> Unless of course your intention with this post is to bait from the other thread and cause more chaos. If so, let's not start all of that again.

Im more wondering, why is 1 couple ok and not 2 or 3?

We should strive for equality right?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:

> > Honestly, Kass and Jori are the only couple I would want in my guild. I don't need more couples following me into the gates of hell, camping on our travels, and helping citizens. Having multiple romances going on in your circle would just complicate things and make it awkward and then it becomes competition of who gets more screen time. One couple is more than enough for the commander to deal with.

> >

> > Unless of course your intention with this post is to bait from the other thread and cause more chaos. If so, let's not start all of that again.

>

> Im more wondering if its all about why is 1 couple ok and not 2 or 3?

> We should strive for equality right?

Could you imagine how painful it would be running around with two or three couples while you are single? The constant flirting back and forth or kisses or relationship talk coming from multiple couples while you are on a mission to save the world? It would be madness!

> @"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:

> > > Honestly, Kass and Jori are the only couple I would want in my guild. I don't need more couples following me into the gates of hell, camping on our travels, and helping citizens. Having multiple romances going on in your circle would just complicate things and make it awkward and then it becomes competition of who gets more screen time. One couple is more than enough for the commander to deal with.

> > >

> > > Unless of course your intention with this post is to bait from the other thread and cause more chaos. If so, let's not start all of that again.

> >

> > Im more wondering if its all about why is 1 couple ok and not 2 or 3?

> > We should strive for equality right?

>

> Could you imagine how painful it would be running around with two or three couples while you are single? The constant flirting back and forth or kisses or relationship talk coming from multiple couples while you are on a mission to save the world? It would be madness!

Well considering we got what 1 kiss on the cheek in 4 years from our couple now I dont see any problem of constant flirting back and forth or kisses and relationship talk really.

So a minimum times 3 is still very little tbh, imo it would make conversations funnier tho.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Any kind of romantic relationship would add precisely nothing to the GW2 story. Narrative plotting needs to kept on a tight reign, this would be a distraction for the sake of a distraction

So by that logic Kasmeer and Marjory should break up since they are only a distraction?

Well if 1 have to go I say we keep Majory atleast she is the detective.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Any kind of romantic relationship would add precisely nothing to the GW2 story. Narrative plotting needs to kept on a tight reign, this would be a distraction for the sake of a distraction

>

> So by that logic Kasmeer and Marjory should break up since they are only a distraction?

> Well if 1 have to go I say we keep Majory atleast she is the detective.

Whilst i would not want a break up to be added to the story either, whether those two have been in a relationship or not has had no bearing on anything. Both Kasmeer and Marjory have proved more interesting and had greater character development when they are separate. Marjory was excellent in the detective sequence in LS1 and Kasmeer's beliefs played well into the PoF storyline. When they get together we get silly bits of dialogue like we did during the setting up of mirrors in LS3Ep5 where they were squabbling about not talking to each other.

That isn't to say characters should be separated or not be friends because as we have seen with Rox and Braham, that is a dynamic that works and plays into how GW2's central story is set up. Map based stories also function just fine with romantic stories attached since that is world building and reminds us what we are fighting for as characters. But, romance within the main story and its characters? I'm not seeing what it adds, especially given how extremely hard to keep focused the writing team have had it over the years.