Request for Custom Combat Tonics with Mount use

This a Request, not a major priority

But I would like the option for Custom Combat Tonics, that can also use mounts.

By Custom tonic, I mean it allow us to set the Race Skin Tone, Size and Gender, but can still keep same gear as normal character, and can be on a timer to make other combat tonics seem non obsolete.

All Cut Scenes and stuff will use your base Character's voice or can just change you back to normal during cutscenes and just have players Tonic back up afterwards.

I personally have a few Charr characters from back in Vanilla launch when I was hyped up on the new races so I turned a blind eye to some of the issues with the gear and animations for some of the Charr males, like their elongated necks, and poor Hammer animations while moving.

I like the option to keep my characters race for the potential of one day getting Race skeleton updates, but from time to time I would like to just temporary changed my appearance to another race that dont suffer some of these same issues as much. Combat tonics do the trick somewhat here, but they dont display my character's Gear, and some of them cant change the gender appearance. The robotic one is kind of cool but I rather play a male than a female robot.

But also another thing is that these count as transformations even though they using same skeleton as current playable races, they dont allow Mount use, which can be a problem both in PvE and WvW now that both have mounts now.

Yep the mount kind of ruined tonics. I rather liked running around as the original watchknight because of its... assets.

Anet should **not** make new ones, but rather tag some with a new "mount compatible" feature. While you cant fly around as a tree or something, all the "humanoid" and regular skeleton based tonics that should reasonably be able to mount, remain through mounts.

The issue is, when you are using a mount, your character model is swapped into character + mount model so the same entity. When you use a tonic, it's the same your character model is replaced by the tonic's model. And we can't replace a model that is already replaced, that's why you can't replace your toon by tonic then by mount.

What they can do is race on mount tonic so like kodan on raptor, that way it's replaced one time: player -> mounted tonic player.

But even that! They would have to make 1 tonic on mount per race per skin.

So... around.. well too much work.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> The issue is, when you are using a mount, your character model is swapped into character + mount model so the same entity. When you use a tonic, it's the same your character model is replaced by the tonic's model. And we can't replace a model that is already replaced, that's why you can't replace your toon by tonic then by mount.

>

> What they can do is race on mount tonic so like kodan on raptor, that way it's replaced one time: player -> mounted tonic player.

> But even that! They would have to make 1 tonic on mount per race per skin.

> So... around.. well too much work.

the thing is, Kodan uses the same skeleton as the Norn race with a different head. So if Norn can be mounted, it shouldnt be hard for them to replace the norn model on the mount with the tonic model.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Should that be impossible, though, then please allow us to mount up while tonic'd by automatic cancelling of the tonic.

> I've fallen to my death once or twice because i got an error on my screen instead of my gryphon. (Well, the glider still works)

tonics had very less variation than armor, compared to implementation of chair mechanic around tyria, inst a so massive task.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > The issue is, when you are using a mount, your character model is swapped into character + mount model so the same entity. When you use a tonic, it's the same your character model is replaced by the tonic's model. And we can't replace a model that is already replaced, that's why you can't replace your toon by tonic then by mount.

> >

> > What they can do is race on mount tonic so like kodan on raptor, that way it's replaced one time: player -> mounted tonic player.

> > But even that! They would have to make 1 tonic on mount per race per skin.

> > So... around.. well too much work.

>

> the thing is, Kodan uses the same skeleton as the Norn race with a different head. So if Norn can be mounted, it shouldnt be hard for them to replace the norn model on the mount with the tonic model.

Sure, but the point I made is, if you're under transformation, you can't mount. The best they can do is a mounted tonic. Example: Kodan on raptor tonic. Even that, you will not be able to use mount skill, will have empty skillbar like when using a non-combat tonic.

The issue isn't having x model on a mount. The mount + the cavalier is ONE model.

You can't swap model more than one time.

It's either: You -> kodan on raptor tonic

Or: You as kodan -> you normal on raptor

Imagine. We will need 172 mounts skins x ~5 "main" races (5 + kodan + largos + hylek + skritt + quaggan if extended to secondary)

Do you think devs will create that amount of models just because some want to be mounted kodan or quaggan? Impossible, better to spend ressources in ls, wvw or pvp.

Here's my request: Turn all the tonics into combat tonics. Maybe make mounted tonic for kodan/largos/quaggans on raptor.