Change the color of skill/ability effects?

Eraser.9860

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> The only problem is that the colors of attacks are coded to correspond to the class using them. This is done for greater clarity in PVP and WvW. I.E. Guardian attacks are light blue, revenant attacks have that red-gray coloration, necromancers are black and green, etc.

That makes sense. I never thought of that.

If this was added I'd definitely use it. (Unless of course it was something like 1000 gems to unlock 1 alternative colour on 1 character, then I wouldn't bother.) But it doesn't bother me much, even when there's a huge mis-match between the colour scheme of my character and the colour of their skills, so I definitely wouldn't consider it a priority. But it would be nice to have the option.

> The only problem is that the colors of attacks are coded to correspond to the class using them. This is done for greater clarity in PVP and WvW. I.E. Guardian attacks are light blue, revenant attacks have that red-gray coloration, necromancers are black and green, etc.

If Anet ever did create this option hopefully they'd do it in a way which allows them to also add an option to disable it on your end, like the standard models and team colours options which already exist for PvP.

The solution and technology for this already exist.

There could be a standard skill option similar to the standard model option. The game already renders some skills differently for the users from how it is shown to other people such as the engi Flamethrower autoattack.

Being able to dye skill effects would be great, even if limited to the same hue. I’d use dark dyes to significantly lower the brightness of the bright flashing skill effects that hurt my eyes, so that I may actually play Holosmith, air Elementalist, and Soulbeast (mounting leaves Beast Mode, which creates a bright flash that hurts my eyes). These 3 are not the only offenders, but certainly some of the worst that make them unplayable for me. It’s getting harder and harder to play this orgy of flashing effects...