7 Years Ago: Our Time is Now Trailer

It was actually videos like these that got me hyped back then:

And many of those points they mention still hold true for me, and are reasons why I still dig GW2. Off course not all 60 panned out but still. #61 still a big one though.

Warning, pretty fast and flashy video, play at 0.75 or 0.50 speed advised.

> @"FrigginPaco.4178" said:

> So, full disclosure, I enjoy GW2 overall, however...

>

> I saw this advertisement once, cringed a bit, and continued on with the game as if the ad never happened. Unfortunate truth.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was cringy, lol. And it still is...

Whut.. what's that abobination? Glad I never saw that trailer, I may have never played gw2 due to it. The dragon at the end is zhaithan kinda logical. Not fan of the trailer, 0 hype in it. Through I'm okay with the peoples liking it.

When the trailer is a mix between real life and video games, it's always a bad idea, see sonic the hedgehog movie trailer...

> @"FrigginPaco.4178" said:

> So, full disclosure, I enjoy GW2 overall, however...

>

> I saw this advertisement once, cringed a bit, and continued on with the game as if the ad never happened. Unfortunate truth.

This.

That video holds the spot for worst GW2 promotional material ever.

I get what they were going for: a breaking the mold type of trailer (but sort of falling flat of explaining what mold is being talked about). As such the video failed at:

- speaking to the target demographic

- created no interest whatsoever in the game world

- had very confusing imagery which did not conveigh what this add was for

- did not actually accomplish in delivering the target message of a new type of MMORPG breaking the mold

It was basically a big "what is this? Meh I don't are" for all players unfamiliar with GW2 and just cringe for people playing the game because to edgy.

Never saw this one but did see a lot of the marketing in the making off. They did a lot of dev streams and talks talking towards game mechanics which is why when we now face silence its a bit harder to deal with. Course its easy to talk the talk before you launch versus after you are live. That's also what competitors have over them is they can paint the pictures to draw the eye. Its kind of funny, in real life history is written by the victors but in gaming its pre-written by the ones awaiting release. Eiter case its about engaging your player base.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Whut.. what's that abobination? Glad I never saw that trailer, I may have never played gw2 due to it. The dragon at the end is zhaithan kinda logical. Not fan of the trailer, 0 hype in it. Through I'm okay with the peoples liking it.

>

> When the trailer is a mix between real life and video games, it's always a bad idea, see sonic the hedgehog movie trailer...

the trailer lead to anyone think that game lore is about the childsh narrative of _"metropolitan cool teens lost in a fantasy world"_ aka [Dungeons & Dragons TV Series](http://tiny.cc/gndpcz).

luckly i didnt see the trailer before playing, otherwise i prabably wanst here today.