Old School jumping puzzle!

Adzekul.3104

The new map has a Jumping Puzzle!

And it is of the style of some of the longer and harder ones.

And if you want map completion, you have to do it to get the last vista on the map.

I am sure some are happy about this.

There is a timed achievement (sadface for me) and checkpoints and ways to lose your progress (back to the previous checkpoint).

Love jumping puzzles, have completed every one in the game, most of them multiple times.

That does not change the fact that locking map completion behind one is still incredibly inconsiderate.

I don't like raiding, I would be upset if the devs locked map completion behind a raid, why should players who do not like jumping puzzles not be treated with the same courtesy and consideration?

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> Weren’t JP something, every serious game magazine criticised as bad design in this game? Gliding and mounts eased those flaws over the time.

> But it woundn’t be ANet, if there aren’t some steps backwards with every “new” feature. :kissing_wink:

Oh, well, if the gaming magazines didn't like it, it must be bad. Silly me, enjoying jumping around and exploring and stuff.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > Mesmer's and [Prototype Position Rewinder](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder "Prototype Position Rewinder") FTW!

>

> the rewinder won't work in this JP because you have to carry an item through it

Do you need the item to get to the vista? Or is it needed past that point, so anyone after just the vista can use the rewinder?

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > Mesmer's and [Prototype Position Rewinder](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder "Prototype Position Rewinder") FTW!

> >

> > the rewinder won't work in this JP because you have to carry an item through it

>

> Do you need the item to get to the vista? Or is it needed past that point, so anyone after just the vista can use the rewinder?

>

You can still get the vista without it. It's just needed for the reward at the end. And you probably won't need the rewinder anyways.

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> The new map has a Jumping Puzzle!

>

> And it is of the style of some of the longer and harder ones.

>

> And if you want map completion, you have to do it to get the last vista on the map.

>

> I am sure some are happy about this.

>

> There is a timed achievement (sadface for me) and checkpoints and ways to lose your progress (back to the previous checkpoint).

Ah, that's where the last vista is? Looking forward to this.

I think you can get the map completion without actually going through the JP, just swimming through the areas and the like, you only need to get past the first section to the first brazier. After that you can just go to the vista and coin. I'm just glad they disabled gliders along with mounts instead of leaving gliders on for when you accidentally hit space for longer than 1000th of a second and screw up a jump by gliding.

You can get the map completion without doing JP. There is only one small part that requires you to jump accurately to get to the cave section where the Vista is, but it is piss easy. Also you don’t need torch to get through the webs - if you position yourself correctly near the edges you will be able to walk through them after being pushed back once or twice.