How do you feel about this balance patch? 9/26/19

Tycura.1982

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may be enough reworks and changes that the next balance patch 6 month from now is acceptable time frame???

I mean there's alot if changed imo. They put some work into this balance/rework patch. I'm very excited to play these changes. And scourge seems it will be something very different yet very similar to it old self. Warrior getting a new support roll in the meta maybe? That be great to see possibly? If ele changes work out because of the other changes that be great to. Seeing ele as a threat in PvP would excited me aloot.

Looks like the devs want to change things and that is a good thing imo.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> Dartboard balance. There's so much garbage left unchecked. Better kick scourges teeth in because that's the real problem here. /S

>

> The tactics rework sounds cool but I don't think it will see PvP use outside of meme builds or subpart support warrior.

Dartboard? Not quite but probably something similar to this;

I just don't get why they would nerf scourge. It's in a great spot as the most effective team fighter but only with a support. A solo scourge is food and that will only be so much worse post patch. And yet somehow they've made it stronger for WvW?

They reworked ranger sword for seemingly no reason other to say that they did somthing and nerfed gs chain arbitrarily. And yet druid is still ignored?

Chrono is still out behind the barn gathering flies and nobody wanted to give it a proper burial.

Scrapper is still a worse holo but they'll beat that brusier nonsense to death instead of giving it it's own identity as a support.

And the problematic classes stay problematic. I know I shouldn't expect better because of 7 years of disappointment but I can't help but hope.

Inb4 Rev meta

Come to think of it, do you think Ben has any say over PvP balance?

They fixed some bugs I reported.

Holo and rev changes are steps in the right direction, while not enough. Though I must say that scrapper, mesmer and thief changes are again pretty bad.

Death Magic feels like they will make it unnecessarily tanky. Still, minion skills need adjustments.

Ranger sword rework was unexpected and unneeded. Fix druid first.

I don't care about the rest. Renegade still needs bugfixes/buffs/reworks. Chrono still needs IP.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> I just don't get why they would nerf scourge. It's in a great spot as the most effective team fighter but only with a support. A solo scourge is food and that will only be so much worse post patch. And yet somehow they've made it stronger for WvW?

>

> They reworked ranger sword for seemingly no reason other to say that they did somthing and nerfed gs chain arbitrarily. And yet druid is still ignored?

>

> Chrono is still out behind the barn gathering flies and nobody wanted to give it a proper burial.

>

> Scrapper is still a worse holo but they'll beat that brusier nonsense to death instead of giving it it's own identity as a support.

>

> And the problematic classes stay problematic. I know I shouldn't expect better because of 7 years of disappointment but I can't help but hope.

>

> Inb4 Rev meta

>

> Come to think of it, do you think Ben has any say over PvP balance?

Ben is not in charge of the balance, he can come with ideas/feedback from community but no impact on what gets decided.

Condi thief getting buffed is a big L O L

The two in charge of balance afaik is Irenio+Karl

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> I just don't get why they would nerf scourge. It's in a great spot as the most effective team fighter but only with a support. A solo scourge is food and that will only be so much worse post patch. And yet somehow they've made it stronger for WvW?

>

> They reworked ranger sword for seemingly no reason other to say that they did somthing and nerfed gs chain arbitrarily. And yet druid is still ignored?

>

> Chrono is still out behind the barn gathering flies and nobody wanted to give it a proper burial.

>

> Scrapper is still a worse holo but they'll beat that brusier nonsense to death instead of giving it it's own identity as a support.

>

> And the problematic classes stay problematic. I know I shouldn't expect better because of 7 years of disappointment but I can't help but hope.

>

> Inb4 Rev meta

>

Generally how I feel. I think if you asked most players what they wanted in order is probably:

1. Holosmith nerfed heavily.

2. Condi thief, daredevil in particular, heavily nerfed. Staff vault spam as well for that matter.

3. Power and Condi Mesmer reworked to make their damage output more even and less gimmicky (Power's damage output forcibly spread out and more fluid and even rather than overlapping 8 pulses of serious damage all at once, Condi having it's damage pulses condensed from a multiple sources constantly pulsing bits of chip damage relentlessly to more normalized set of skill shots it needs to land)

4. Rework Scrapper, Tempest, and Druid to be viable support different but equal to Firebrand.

We got a couple of okay nerfs to holo but this isn't going to be a game changer in terms of Holosmith effectiveness in ranked and nothing else was done. Some of the reworks are interesting, especially warrior tactics (50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more Scrappers but Holos will remain the prefered engineer spec of choice.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

>

>

>

>

>

> Inb4 Rev meta

>

you considering gold 3 and up balance, watch scourges in lower games, ppl just can't touch them, they die before the second fear ends

It was the same for the old scrapper, it wasn't strong in plat, but in gold they needed literally 5 to get you killed

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > I just don't get why they would nerf scourge. It's in a great spot as the most effective team fighter but only with a support. A solo scourge is food and that will only be so much worse post patch. And yet somehow they've made it stronger for WvW?

> >

> > They reworked ranger sword for seemingly no reason other to say that they did somthing and nerfed gs chain arbitrarily. And yet druid is still ignored?

> >

> > Chrono is still out behind the barn gathering flies and nobody wanted to give it a proper burial.

> >

> > Scrapper is still a worse holo but they'll beat that brusier nonsense to death instead of giving it it's own identity as a support.

> >

> > And the problematic classes stay problematic. I know I shouldn't expect better because of 7 years of disappointment but I can't help but hope.

> >

> > Inb4 Rev meta

> >

> > Come to think of it, do you think Ben has any say over PvP balance?

>

> Generally how I feel. I think if you asked most players what they wanted in order is probably:

>

> 1. Holosmith nerfed heavily.

> 2. Condi thief, daredevil in particular, heavily nerfed.

> 3. Power and Condi Mesmer reworked to make their damage output more even and less gimmicky (Power's damage output forcibly spread out and more fluid and even rather than overlapping 8 pulses of serious damage all at once, Condi having it's damage pulses condensed from a multiple sources constantly pulsing bits of chip damage relentlessly to more normalized set of skill shots it needs to land)

> 4. Rework Scrapper, Tempest, and Druid to be viable support different but equal to Firebrand.

>

> We got a couple of okay nerfs to holo but this isn't going to be a game changer in terms of Holosmith effectiveness in ranked and nothing else was done. Some of the reworks are interesting, especially warrior tactics (50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more Scrappers but Holos will remain the prefered engineer spec of choice.

I'd have fun with tempest if you're reading is correct

But I don't think it's :(

> 2. Condi thief, daredevil in particular, heavily nerfed. Staff vault spam as well for that matter.

Daredevil is already dead anyway why people would want that? Only S/D Core thief is left for us. Might as well nerf that too so we can stick to Shortbow'ing #5 around the map since it's our "role" and we aren't allowed to actually fight people.

> @"Dave.6819" said:

> > 2. Condi thief, daredevil in particular, heavily nerfed. Staff vault spam as well for that matter.

>

> Daredevil is already dead anyway why people would want that? Only S/D Core thief is left for us. Might as well nerf that too so we can stick to Shortbow'ing #5 around the map since it's our "role" and we aren't allowed to actually fight people.

>

It's called thief, not stabmaster. Want to be a master of stabbing play a stabmaster. Thieves take what don't belong to them. Maybe you should open a _dictionary_.

> (**50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier** is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more **Scrappers**.

Scrapper: Generates minor barrier whenever they deal damage from a obligatory minor trait that reduces vitality.

Warrior: "I'm about end this mans whole career"

I highly doubt there will be much growth in scrapper play if this trait becomes big (considering it also gives 25% damage against high health enemies it already looks like a decent burst trait).

I'm actually SUPER excited about this patch; my staff tempest build has been getting nothing but buffs lately :D

I'm glad to see thieves and holos toned down a bit, although it might not be enough with the scant holo changes, and mesmer condi spam might need to be addressed (the cover condis).

Overall I think it was a good move. The changes to tempest underwhelming passive have been a hot topic of discussion in the ele subforum.

I do like that there were enough changes to ALL classes that we might have to see if a new meta emerges, with that being said, I like these mini patches, they should be more of a biweekly thing, with big patches every month or so. Not only does it shakes off the dust, but it might bring more people, and thus Devs might get better stats on how strong/weak certain professions/builds are, and make changes as needed.

Faith has been [partly] restored!

> @"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

> > @"Dave.6819" said:

> > > 2. Condi thief, daredevil in particular, heavily nerfed. Staff vault spam as well for that matter.

> >

> > Daredevil is already dead anyway why people would want that? Only S/D Core thief is left for us. Might as well nerf that too so we can stick to Shortbow'ing #5 around the map since it's our "role" and we aren't allowed to actually fight people.

> >

>

> It's called thief, not stabmaster. Want to be a master of stabbing play a stabmaster. Thieves take what don't belong to them. Maybe you should open a _dictionary_.

Jesse james, bonnie and clyde, Charles peace ect ect would all like a word with you. perhaps you should open a dictionary since there all classified as thieves, while playing "stabmaster".

we can also go the route of fiction, if that's your counter argument

> @"miriforst.1290" said:

>

> > (**50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier** is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more **Scrappers**.

>

> Scrapper: Generates minor barrier whenever they deal damage from a obligatory minor trait that reduces vitality.

>

> Warrior: "I'm about end this mans whole career"

>

> I highly doubt there will be much growth in scrapper play if this trait becomes big (considering it also gives 25% damage against high health enemies it already looks like a decent burst trait).

The thing is though it's _tactics_. This means if they're stuck running core or if they're spellbreaker they're sacrifcing disciipline or strengtht

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > I just don't get why they would nerf scourge. It's in a great spot as the most effective team fighter but only with a support. A solo scourge is food and that will only be so much worse post patch. And yet somehow they've made it stronger for WvW?

> >

> > They reworked ranger sword for seemingly no reason other to say that they did somthing and nerfed gs chain arbitrarily. And yet druid is still ignored?

> >

> > Chrono is still out behind the barn gathering flies and nobody wanted to give it a proper burial.

> >

> > Scrapper is still a worse holo but they'll beat that brusier nonsense to death instead of giving it it's own identity as a support.

> >

> > And the problematic classes stay problematic. I know I shouldn't expect better because of 7 years of disappointment but I can't help but hope.

> >

> > Inb4 Rev meta

> >

> > Come to think of it, do you think Ben has any say over PvP balance?

>

> Ben is not in charge of the balance, he can come with ideas/feedback from community but no impact on what gets decided.

>

> Condi thief getting buffed is a big L O L

>

> The two in charge of balance afaik is Irenio+Karl

Improv nerf will be huge impact if it doesn’t prioritize single utilities on cd. Even if improv works well condi thief is almost definitely gonna be meta with at the very least less counter possibilities with plus 1s from DA core thief or Deadeyes.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"miriforst.1290" said:

> >

> > > (**50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier** is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more **Scrappers**.

> >

> > Scrapper: Generates minor barrier whenever they deal damage from a obligatory minor trait that reduces vitality.

> >

> > Warrior: "I'm about end this mans whole career"

> >

> > I highly doubt there will be much growth in scrapper play if this trait becomes big (considering it also gives 25% damage against high health enemies it already looks like a decent burst trait).

>

> The thing is though it's _tactics_. This means if they're stuck running core or if they're spellbreaker they're sacrifcing disciipline or strengtht

From first glance it looks like there's a good bit of synergy between Strength and the new Tactics. I'm not too adverse to running core personally.

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"miriforst.1290" said:

> > >

> > > > (**50% Increased Damage to foes with barrier** is WILD). I think we'll see a bit more **Scrappers**.

> > >

> > > Scrapper: Generates minor barrier whenever they deal damage from a obligatory minor trait that reduces vitality.

> > >

> > > Warrior: "I'm about end this mans whole career"

> > >

> > > I highly doubt there will be much growth in scrapper play if this trait becomes big (considering it also gives 25% damage against high health enemies it already looks like a decent burst trait).

> >

> > The thing is though it's _tactics_. This means if they're stuck running core or if they're spellbreaker they're sacrifcing disciipline or strengtht

>

> From first glance it looks like there's a good bit of synergy between Strength and the new Tactics. I'm not too adverse to running core personally.

True. Core COULD Be good. But you're still sacrificing full counter if you want both and discipline.

> @"Acheron.4731" said:

> Feel about the same as the last 11 balance patches.

> I feel nothing

GW2 balance patches are like how people get excited for the next big mmo. The wow killer, the gw2 killer, then they play it and are disappointed. Everyone expects the next big balance patch to be the thing that fixes everything, makes the game more enjoyable, more skillful, but they are always disappointed when they realize that its still the exact same game with the exact same problems.

> @"Iozeph.5617" said:

> > @"Tycura.1982" said:

> > Dartboard balance. There's so much garbage left unchecked. Better kick scourges teeth in because that's the real problem here. /S

> >

> > The tactics rework sounds cool but I don't think it will see PvP use outside of meme builds or subpart support warrior.

>

> Dartboard? Not quite but probably something similar to this;

>

>

This was amazing.