The GW2 Scribe/Decoration system concept was wasted potential

Talking about the Scribe and Decorations system that's currently exclusive to Guild Halls.

Lot of wasted potential there by making it Guild Hall exclusive.

In most MMOs with this similar feature, Guilds tend to restrict any sort of decoration to only a few high ranked members, so Guild Hall decorating is something only a few get to do.

These MMOs tend to also have personal/individual housing feature to allow all players access to the same decoration feature though.

GW2, we don't have that. We just have the Guild Halls. Seeing the potential for this feature with all the race track pieces in LW5, and all he Tail drops from Tequila, only to realize I likely will never be able to use them. I remember HoT had a few decorations for pre-ordering that expansion but never really got to use, so had to delete them. What a shame. Lot of wasted potential there.

I hope in the future you don't make more features that are locked behind Guilds leadership requirements like this.

I'd rather that any personal decorating be part of a robust personal housing system, not just a tacked on replica of guild hall decor. By which I mean I don't want to decorate a static home instance, I want housing styles galore and complete freedom of item placement therein, akin to what ESO does but with less price gouging. The guild hall system is too clunky and limiting. That doesn't mean creativity can't get some cool stuff going in one, but you have to fight the interface and placement limits.

They'd probably have to build a new system from scratch to satisfy my itch in this area. And I'm fine with that. I don't want half-measures, I'd rather continue without than get a mostly uselessly restrictive system.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I'd rather that any personal decorating be part of a robust personal housing system, not just a tacked on replica of guild hall decor. By which I mean I don't want to decorate a static home instance, I want housing styles galore and complete freedom of item placement therein, akin to what ESO does but with less price gouging. The guild hall system is too clunky and limiting. That doesn't mean creativity can't get some cool stuff going in one, but you have to fight the interface and placement limits.

>

> They'd probably have to build a new system from scratch to satisfy my itch in this area. And I'm fine with that. I don't want half-measures, I'd rather continue without than get a mostly uselessly restrictive system.

I prefer Rift's housing in which you can build the buildings yourself rather than ESO in which the building are already made.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I'd rather that any personal decorating be part of a robust personal housing system, not just a tacked on replica of guild hall decor. By which I mean I don't want to decorate a static home instance, I want housing styles galore and complete freedom of item placement therein, akin to what ESO does but with less price gouging. The guild hall system is too clunky and limiting. That doesn't mean creativity can't get some cool stuff going in one, but you have to fight the interface and placement limits.

>

> They'd probably have to build a new system from scratch to satisfy my itch in this area. And I'm fine with that. I don't want half-measures, I'd rather continue without than get a mostly uselessly restrictive system.

I agree. The good thing is, *if* Anet decides to make this a major xpac feature, I have full confidence it will be pretty good. However I think the chances are very slim that they will ever choose this as a feature for Gw2.

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > I'd rather that any personal decorating be part of a robust personal housing system, not just a tacked on replica of guild hall decor. By which I mean I don't want to decorate a static home instance, I want housing styles galore and complete freedom of item placement therein, akin to what ESO does but with less price gouging. The guild hall system is too clunky and limiting. That doesn't mean creativity can't get some cool stuff going in one, but you have to fight the interface and placement limits.

> >

> > They'd probably have to build a new system from scratch to satisfy my itch in this area. And I'm fine with that. I don't want half-measures, I'd rather continue without than get a mostly uselessly restrictive system.

>

> I agree. The good thing is, *if* Anet decides to make this a major xpac feature, I have full confidence it will be pretty good. However I think the chances are very slim that they will ever choose this as a feature for Gw2.

Although I don't want it like this, they could easily retool current guild halls system into an individual instance system that does the same decoration system. Wouldn't be the hardest thing to add since the system is already in the game from HoT.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> I have suggested elsewhere on the forums that the home instance would appear to be a good place to open up to decorations. Or maybe not, given how crowded some of them are with architecture and harvesting nodes...

Although i agree, it would create some problems with future nodes..

Lol imagine an elonian tent inside the sylvari home instance..