Please gives us something to do with Hatched Chillis

SDb.8072

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Why just chilis? What am I supposed to do with over 1000 jade fragments at this point, pretty much useless as well.

Jade is one I eat upon receiving. They grant a fair amount, better than pearls, aren't really good for much, and don't build up quickly enough to be worth the backpack anyway. Then I hop over to ember Bay and get the things that give materials. You even have a chance at clovers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be against Anet adding skins or items to map vendors which have a substantial map currency cost? For example, let’s say those Charr helms instead were available for 10K chilis.

Would people be okay with that as a long term reward to keep those who wish to grind on the map longer and also give something to spend the map currencies on?

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"SDb.8072" said:

>

> > The home instance node only drops one or two with a chance to get a few more. I bought the node from the vendor for 5000 VM and 60 gold. These are now trading at 20 gold

>

>

> Bought one earlier for 16g, happy days.

>

>

Oh man...I bought one for 39g a week or so ago, figuring the supply would go down as people rotated off the map. Still a savings vs. vendor, but this is why I don't try to play the TP game - apparently I'm not very good at it =(

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Would anyone be against Anet adding skins or items to map vendors which have a substantial map currency cost? For example, let’s say those Charr helms instead were available for 10K chilis.

>

> Would people be okay with that as a long term reward to keep those who wish to grind on the map longer and also give something to spend the map currencies on?

Well it's an internet forum, so I'm sure SOMEONE would be opposed to it ;)

But yes that would solve both of those problems. They may already have plans to solve the chili problem though, we'll have to wait and see . . .

> @"Ol Nik.2518" said:

> Just keep hoarding... you never know when we get another Skyscale. Everybody will be farming peppers and you will be showing off your newly bought shiny :)

This is my advice as well and it worked well for me when doing the skyscale steps as I already had stacks of map currencies tucked away in my material storage. make the collection an easy breeze. Hoard, hoard, hoard as much as you can and save yourself some headaches later.

> @"SDb.8072" said:

> This appears that it will become a useless currency. There appears to be only 2 things you can do with it, buy stuff and make food

>

> Once you have bought what you want from the vendor there is nothing left but cooking. Note that, as far as I can see, the best equipment you can buy is the exotic warhorn, the rest are rares which are pretty useless. From my research there are no worthwhile recipes, they are all rare or lower. Considering that the cooking level has been upped to 500 and ascended, there is no point in these recipes.

>

> The home instance node only drops one or two with a chance to get a few more. I bought the node from the vendor for 5000 VM and 60 gold. These are now trading at 20 gold, and the trend is downward. So I wasted 40 gold and 5000 VM. The current TP price also that indicates what the GW2 community think of their worth

>

> With S4 currencies you could buy ascended equipment and the excess stock could be converted to VM. Unfortunately the hatched chilies can't be converted and the equipment is very sub par.

>

> Overall I think the latest release was very good, particularly the Metal Legion concert. But hatched Chills have been a huge miss. Please gives us something to do with with what looks like it will be a useless object and end up getting deleted.

>

> Oh and the Picante achieve doesn't work

>

>

One thing to point out, we don't know if EP1 will be in the same map, just expanded and that the chilli's won't then be used for more things like ascended items we have seen in the other LW seasons. Since they went with a EP0 the normal rules don't apply.

> @"SDb.8072" said:

> The home instance node only drops one or two with a chance to get a few more. I bought the node from the vendor for 5000 VM and 60 gold. These are now trading at 20 gold, and the trend is downward. So I wasted 40 gold and 5000 VM. The current TP price also that indicates what the GW2 community think of their worth

You are not the only one! S3 and S4 trained me to buy the new node and the portal from the vendor PDQ. It now has to be the most depressing thing about doing my daily home instance.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"SDb.8072" said:

> > This appears that it will become a useless currency. There appears to be only 2 things you can do with it, buy stuff and make food

> >

> > Once you have bought what you want from the vendor there is nothing left but cooking. Note that, as far as I can see, the best equipment you can buy is the exotic warhorn, the rest are rares which are pretty useless. From my research there are no worthwhile recipes, they are all rare or lower. Considering that the cooking level has been upped to 500 and ascended, there is no point in these recipes.

> >

> > The home instance node only drops one or two with a chance to get a few more. I bought the node from the vendor for 5000 VM and 60 gold. These are now trading at 20 gold, and the trend is downward. So I wasted 40 gold and 5000 VM. The current TP price also that indicates what the GW2 community think of their worth

> >

> > With S4 currencies you could buy ascended equipment and the excess stock could be converted to VM. Unfortunately the hatched chilies can't be converted and the equipment is very sub par.

> >

> > Overall I think the latest release was very good, particularly the Metal Legion concert. But hatched Chills have been a huge miss. Please gives us something to do with with what looks like it will be a useless object and end up getting deleted.

> >

> > Oh and the Picante achieve doesn't work

> >

> >

>

> One thing to point out, we don't know if EP1 will be in the same map, just expanded and that the chilli's won't then be used for more things like ascended items we have seen in the other LW seasons. Since they went with a EP0 the normal rules don't apply.

During the announcement they told us that EP1 would bring us to the shiverpeaks and that EP1 and EP2 would be on the same map.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> All it really needs it to be able to be consumed into magic

Some ppl have mentioned the reason for that may be that we will continue to need them throughout the story and anet didn't want everyone consuming them all right away, to avoid a repeat of the skyscale complaints. And I'd be fine with that but the question is whether that eventual need will be unlimited, as the supply is. Like a vendor that sells unid gear or something. Idk . . .

• 1 month later...

> @"chatiss.3281" said:

> Not thought through well on this one.

This was my biggest concern with the rewards issues in the prologue. It's not that there were, opportunities for improvement, shall we say? It's that a lot of the decisions just didn't make any sense. It made me worry that they just weren't paying any attn to rewards, that they got tacked on as an afterthought. But then some of the remedies, like including a fifth key inside the khan-ur chest, made me feel like they rallied and really did think things through there. So I still feel like they probably have a plan for the chilies, and that they won't be inventory clutter by the time IBS ends . . .

I feel like the cause of this is that anet feels pressure to release new content to keep an impatient playerbase happy, so they set an unrealistic schedule for themselves and release things before they are ready. But I'm not sure whether they would end up upsetting more ppl if they released on a cadence that allowed for a more polished product, so it's kind of hard to blame them . . .

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"SDb.8072" said:

> > This appears that it will become a useless currency.

>

> Since it is going to be _the_ currency for the whole season, I doubt you can call it "useless". ;)

I was wondering about that. Are you sure this currency carries over into subsequent episodes? Usually each new map has its own currency.

> @"tippolit.3591" said:

> Are you sure this currency carries over into subsequent episodes? Usually each new map has its own currency.

I am no longer sure about it, because I missed the fact that there is another final reward selectable from the reward track chest (one that will obviously be unlocked with the release of future content). So I was likely wrong about that.

> @"chatiss.3281" said:

> Hatched Chillis forage for Home instance is probably (surely) the worst buy ever. In the home instance foraging produces 1 or 2 (max) hatched chillis . Even using enhanced foraging tools. What a waste. And they are used for ... ? Not thought through well on this one.

Actually the home node seems to work just like the map nodes: 2 rolls for a combined maximum of 6 units harvested. The reason it's a bad buy is because it drops quite often from events/Strike Mission as a tradeable item and the TP price for it has been much lower than 60g lol

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> A good way would be to add the crates, the same ones you buy for 250 volatile magic.

> Just make sure the relatively is par to the time it takes to gather 250 volatile magic.

That's what I'm imagining, assuming this is going to be a currency in all the eps, I want some kind of loot bag at least by the end of the last episode. It doesn't need to be a 'good value', I just need a sink . . .