[ WvG ] - World vs Globes - road map to - [ Reboot WvW ]

Diku.2546

wtf is this post? There's so much going on here and it's so convoluted, I don't even know where to start. It's such a mess I don't even want to try to figure out what's going on here.

Luckily, I can guess as I've seen Diku posting on this topic for, what, 4 years or so? Dude, Anet has been saying they're gonna do something about WvW for 4 years. Alliances were supposed to be a temporary fix, and it's been going on for 3 years or so. THEY'RE NOT GONNA FIX WVW. They just don't want to devote the resources. I swear, you've probably done more work on this topic just with your posts then they probably have with lines of code. As such, you really need to get over this. You put in way too much work into this topic that isn't going to go anywhere. Who are you arguing to? The 50 people who read WvW forums? Who's mind are you going to change? This isn't meant as an insult: I really think you may want to see a shrink because you're clearly obsessed with this idea and devote a ton of time to it without any progress. I really do think you need some help. No joke.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---

@Spurnshadow.3678

Your concern is noted & appreciated, but I'm fine. I'm just very passionate about what WvW has the potential to evolve into, but it doesn't due to poor decisions.

Fans can be quite passionate about what they believe in. Case & point...have you seen what fans of a football team called Green Bay Packers are like?

Or, for that matter any fan of a major competitive genre?

What's missing from this forum is accountable feedback concerning the future of the WvW game mode...imho

I'd like to be an example of what good accountable feedback looks like in a thread.

---

To answer your concern about convoluted:

I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback.

The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts.

It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents.

I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Yours truly,

Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

---

CHAPTER 5

---

EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

*2019.11.02 - ORIGINAL POST*

---

*Before Reading Further - Please Read This Disclaimer*

To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted

I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback

The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts

It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents

I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1

Sorry in advance if the author isn't prompt in addressing your concerns

---

*WvG - Table of Contents*

---

Any Grand place needs an area where people can meet & gather to socialize

1st - Waiting Room to Enter WvG

2nd - Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat

3rd - Allow Guilds to Recruit

---

EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding

ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else

Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK ]

Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM

Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives

Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]

Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin

Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience

Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)

Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements

Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks

Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week

Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

EOTM - WvG Recruitment - Regions - [ EU / NA / ASIA ]

Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region

Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region

Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

Craft Vendors

Bank

Black Lion Trader

Mechant - Laurel

Mechant - Outfitter

Repair - Arcane Agent

Armor Master

Weapon Master

See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

---

Next Up…WvG Tournament & Schedule - Gives Meaning & Purpose Behind Being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for your Region

---

• 4 weeks later...

---

2019.11.28 - CHAPTER 6 - ORIGINAL POST

*WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model*

---

I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback

The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts

It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents

I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1

---

WvG - Table of Contents

*Concrete Step-by-Step instructions on How To Fix WvW - Can we stop talking in circles & just fix it already?*

---

WvG is designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE

Players are engaged to repeateadly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves

WvG Tournaments gives Meaning & Purpose behind being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for their Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

Tournament Burn Out concerns MUST be recognized as Un-Healthly to the game mode & mechanics need to be carefully designed to reduce its impact upon players

---

We're losing on this crucial opportunity to save a game mode that's ignorantly being thrown out because it's not considered valuable to ANet

Please help & offer feedback to this thread to keep it visible if you love this game mode

*We seriously need to remind ANet of their promise to create & deliver on a better Road Map & Vision for WvW*

---

WvG League Titles Defined

---

[ Gold ] - Highest Scoring Server within their Region for the Month

[ Platinum ] - Highest Scoring Server within their Region based on an Annual WvG Champion Event

WvG Regions - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

---

WvG Game Mode Sportsmanship Defined

---

Definition Example:

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/the-competition-committees-position-on-sportsmanship

Sportsmanship MUST be an intrinsic aspect of WvG that encourages Healthy Competition that is "Wholesome" for the players

---

WvG Tournaments Defined

Match-Ups are based on a New Globe Rading Model (click link) - Designed to encourage Healthy & Competitive Battles

---

*[ Reset Friday - Weekly ]*

Calculate & Post ALL Server's Total Points earned by players for that week every Friday at [ xx:xxx ] - aka Reset Friday

Players ARE NOT directly shown their Server's Total Points

Players are in-directly shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server in a random "circling" order

*[ Gold League - 1st Day of the Month ]*

Awarded on the 1st day of each Month for available Regions - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

Calculate ALL Server's Total Points earned by players from the previous month

Award Gold Rank to Highest scoring Server for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

Any Server that Earns a [ Gold League Title ] in a given year will be invited to attend an Annual [ Platinum League Event ]

*[ Platinum League - WvG Champion Event - Launches Oct 15th Annually ]*

Only [ Gold League Rank ] Servers are allowed to Raid each other during the Event

Event occurs over a 1-2 Week(s) period - [ Adjustable based on Player Burn Out Feedback ]

Calculate ALL Server's Total Points earned by players at the end of the Event

Award Platinum Rank to Highest scoring Server for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

[ NOV 1ST ] - Resume earning Normal WvG Points for [ Dec ] Gold League Title Award for the next WvG Championship Event

---

Platinum League - WvG Champion Event Defined

---

*1st Week - Launches In-Game Only*

*Last Week - In-Game & In-Person*

---

Platinum League - WvG Champion In-Person Event Defined

---

In-Game participation continues

In-Person participation at an approved Event Conference "Stadium" begins

Access into the Event Conference "Stadium" based on a "Credit Card"

Televised Coverage - Plantinum League Event - Friday Reset - 1-3 Hours - Providing In-Game Play by Play Battles between Servers with no reference to Ranking - Focus & Attention will be on Notable Guilds that are Battling for their World Server

In-Person Event Conference activities may include but not limited to GW2 Mechandise Booths for Spectator Fans, Server Communities, Corporate Sponsors, etc.

Security will need to be carefully planned to ensure the Event is safe & fun filled

Rivalry between Servers need to carefully monitored & Healthy Competition & Proper Sportsmanship MUST be guiding principles of this sponsored Game mode Event

[ Gold League Title ] Servers are allocated a reserved area with limited seating for In-Game participation & for Supporting Spectator Fans

Players are required to bring their own equipment

Onsite ANet sanctioned Referees closely monitor Players for cheating

At the end of the Event - WvG Champions are announced for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

[ WvG Champions ] - In-Person Reward - T-Shirt with Year's WvG Champion Logo before leaving the Event

[ WvG Champions ] - In-Game Reward - Back-Pack skin with Year's WvG Champion Logo

---

Next Up - OverView of WvG - Presents just how complex an ecosystem this game mode really is

---

• 1 year later...

---

2021.01.01 - CHAPTER 1

REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064947/#Comment_1064947

---

UPDATED - CHAPTER 1

---

REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

Temporary Solution Until New Game Mode Upgrade Is Ready To Open

*2021.01.01 - This Post Last Updated*

---

Prepare To Reboot by Implementing the following Changes to WvW

Intention is to revert WvW back to the original ecosystem

When you damage an ecosystem...sometimes the right thing to do is to revert it back to what it was before...and hope nature takes hold & finds its course again

We need to give the WvW game mode a chance to go back to its roots & find the strength to recover...from its real source of power that allowed it to survive all these years without attention...*Stable Long-Term Communities*

---

New - "Ideas are like cream, the good ones rise to the top."

Remove World Linking & Put back the Old WvW ecosystem of Home Servers

Remove any penalty to players that choose to Transfer to a New Home Server

Monitor Server Population - Servers are Opened & Closed based on Server's Capacity

Server Population Count based on a player's active WvW hours - FULL - VERY HIGH - HIGH - MEDIUM

Closely Monitor & Adjust, Tweak, or Replace World Server Ranking Mechanics - See [ Chapters on Design ]

Calculate an Average Server Rank based on a moving 12 month period on the 1st of every Month

Posted Average Server Rank impacts Server Transfer based on the below

Servers with an Average Rank (3 & below) - CLOSED TO TRANSFER - (Range Adjustable)

Servers with an Average Rank (6 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 6480 gems & X World Ability Points

Servers with an Average Rank (9 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 1800 gems & X World Ability Points

Servers with an Average Rank (12 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 500 gems & X World Ability Points

Servers with an Average Rank (15 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 250 gems & X World Ability Points

Servers with an Average Rank (18 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 125 gems & X World Ability Points

Servers with an Average Rank (Above 18) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - Free

Remove Supply when Player Capture Objectives on an Enemy BL, or EBG Enemy Territory

Keep Supply when Player Capture Objectives on their Home BL, or EBG Home Territory

New - A Server's Final War Score is used to award a weekly WvW Server Rank

New - Any Final War Score that is tied shall be awarded to the "Incumbent" Ranked Server

New - Weekly WvW Match-Ups are based on a Server's WvW Rank with the Top 3 being matched together & progressing in sets of 3 until all servers are matched-up

New - All other WvW mechanics remain in place without any major changes - i.e. - Daily, Skirmish, etc.

New - Make it easy to create, regroup, and rebuild a Long Term Community using the Bottom Server Ranks

New - Make it hard, impossible, & expensive for players to transfer into the Long Term Communities found in the Top Server Ranks

New - WvW should be designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE

New - WvW game mode needs be designed to naturally encourage Long Term Communities to be born, grow, die, and then be re-born again in a perpetual life cycle that creates player-based content

---

New - Implement - CHAPTER 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvW Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064951/#Comment_1064951

New - ALL Players MUST enter WvW through EOTM before traveling anywhere else

---

Allow WvW to revert back to a Server based ecosystem & let it stabilize before implementing WvG to Reboot the game mode

---

@"Diku.2546" I admire your dedication to this idea but, as a quite serious question, where is the TLDR?

I've seen your Globe idea posts many many times over the years, and while it is possible you have developed the ideas further and improved them, you really need to sell me the basic concept if you expect me to read the detail in this epic series of posts.

@Yuffi.2430

Thank you for your feedback.

I don't think many here understand the structure of this posted thread & how to react to it.

I agree...it looks like an epic post with walls of text.

---

Let me explain that this thread is actually quite structured & uses:

"Permanent Chapter" posts to document every aspect of the WvW game mode.

The 1st post is actually a Table of Contents that provide links to "Permanent Chapters".

These Permanent Chapters are Updated based on feedback from the WvW community.

---

To fix WvW we need to start with Chapter 1 where we Reboot WvW.

Then, we need to work on doing each Chapter in numerical order until we can Host Tournaments found in Chapter 6.

The Road Map to fixing WvW Starts with Chapter 1 & will evolve into a new game mode called WvG in Chapter 7.

---

The basic concept is to save WvW by evolving it into WvG.

All other posts in this thread is used to update the Permanent Chapters found in the Table of Contents.

WvG is a game mode where Players are engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves.

If you need to be sold on the idea to save WvW - See Chapter 6 - WvG Tournaments

WvG - TABLE OF CONTENTS & ROADMAP

• 4 weeks later...

CHAPTER 5 - Updated - 2021.01.31

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064951/#Comment_1064951

---

CHAPTER 5

---

*2021.01.31 - This Post Last Updated*

---

---

*WvG - Table of Contents*

---

Any Grand place needs an area where people can meet & gather to socialize

1st - Waiting Room to Enter WvW or WvG

2nd - Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat

3rd - Allow Guilds to Recruit

---

New - WvW - REBOOT VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding while Rebooting WvW

New - ALL Players MUST enter WvW through EOTM before traveling anywhere else

New - Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ RED / BLUE / GREEN ]

New - Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that their Home Server is assigned

New - Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives

New - Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED / GREEN / BLUE / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]

New - Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin

New - Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience

New - Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)

New - Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements

New - Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks

New - Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvW Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Servers for the week

New - Keep Links intact between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

---

WvG - GAME MODE VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding after WvG Is Launched

ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else

Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK ]

Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM

Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives

Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]

Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin

Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience

Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)

Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements

Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks

Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week

Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

---

EOTM - WvG Recruitment - Regions - [ EU / NA / ASIA ]

Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region

Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region

Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

---

EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

New - Craft Vendors - Available only in Armistice Bastion

Bank

Black Lion Trader

Mechant - Laurel

Mechant - Outfitter

Repair - Arcane Agent

Armor Master

Weapon Master

See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

---

Next Up…WvG Tournaments - Gives Meaning & Purpose Behind Being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for your Region

---

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> So... everybody gets rewarded if they are on a low tier server and zerg all over the top 3 servers. I ... actually ... I like that idea. Wow. Defending is going to bloody hard tho. Can we have the old T2 and T3 walls back?

>

>

Answer depends...

Current - WvW - REBOOT VERSION

- No change to walls. WvW ecosystem is very fragile at the moment, but this is not closed to discussion.

WvG - NEW GAME MODE VERSION

- Automatic Upgrades will need to be carefully designed, reviewed, and updated based on developer & community feedback.

What you're asking about is probably found in my Game Director's Developer Notes that helps keep track of all the interconnected components of the WvG game mode.

---

WvG - Table of Contents

---

CHAPTER 12 - [ Private - Dev Notes ] - DESIGN F-H

g) Defense

---

CHAPTER 10 - Updated - 2021.02.08 - WvG DESIGN - TOPICS - Discussion web links related to WvG

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064963/#Comment_1064963

---

WvG - Table of Contents

---

Candidate Reference Posts Under Consideration - File Pending into a Specific Design Chapter

---

New - The Toxicity is Crazy

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122991/the-toxicity-is-crazy/p1

Dev note - Critical need to reduce toxic behavior & encourage positive sportsmanship

A New Player "Welcome Package" Achievement

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1081342/#Comment_1081342/p1

Environmental Effects

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1081479/#Comment_1081479/p1

• 2 weeks later...

---

WvG is a game mode where Players are engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves.

There's a vacuum of leadership & vision (no game director) to properly guide this game mode...imho

Ships need a captain. Planes need a pilot. WvW needs a director.

---

Sorry for the wall of text, but publishing a Road Map to fix WvW covers a lot of topics that I don't think a single post can do.

We seriously need a Road Map that's well thought out & has a heart-felt approach to nurturing players to return to play this game mode.

The posted Permanent Chapters in this discussion are arranged in a Table of Contents to show us the Whole Forest while not losing sight of the Trees within it.

---

If this is your first time reading about this discussion, or you've already seen it many times...please consider reading the 1st post again.

I've put in a lot of effort into cleaning up the Table of Contents to better explain the Chapters that leads to a better solution...imho

Fixing things needs to be done in the long-term using a structured & systematic approach to address everyone's concerns as they evolve.

---

I'd like to see our WvW game mode evolve & prosper for the benefit of both the Players & ANet.

When things go bad...we need to do the easy fix...which imho...should require minimal coding.

REBOOT WvW - Instructions found in Chapter 1:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064947/#Comment_1064947

---

I really do care about this game. It's the reason behind this wall of text that provides a step-by-step Road Map for the developers to use.

The way things are now...there's a big hole & a heart-felt sense of loss...when it comes to what I feel is missing from WvW.

I hope the WvW community can feel the same way that I feel & share in my vision for a better game.

---

If ANet doesn't use this example Road Map....please continue to ask them to come up with their own Road Map so they can lead us in discussing topics that ultimately improve the game & experience.

Please help support this discussion by posting feedback or reminders to ANet.

[ #WvG ]

[ #RebootWvW ]

---