can something be done about renegade already?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

>

> ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

>

> > sure its completely trash in tpvp

>

> That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

> >

> > ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

> >

> > > sure its completely trash in tpvp

> >

> > That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

>

> sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

> and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

> watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

That's fine. You dont have to understand it. Just adjust to how it works or don't. The choice is yours.

> @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

> > >

> > > ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

> > >

> > > > sure its completely trash in tpvp

> > >

> > > That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

> >

> > sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

> > and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

> > watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

>

> It's fine. You dont have to understand it. Just adjust to how it works or don't. The choice is yours.

THIS!

as long as pve ppl think its fine... nothing will change

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

> > > >

> > > > ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

> > > >

> > > > > sure its completely trash in tpvp

> > > >

> > > > That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

> > >

> > > sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

> > > and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

> > > watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

> >

> > It's fine. You dont have to understand it. Just adjust to how it works or don't. The choice is yours.

>

> THIS!

> as long as pve ppl think its fine... nothing will change

What do you mean, "you people!?" :p

Anyway, I'm more so awaiting what the OP will elaborate on. Not partial to going back and forth on senseless game mode biases.

The biggest thing wrong with the Kalla skills can be summed up in one word: pathfinding. If they were all some sort of teleport like Blink/Infiltrator's Arrow/Flesh Wurm/etc. then that would have been reasonable but these are just AoEs so why do you need a path to where you want to summon them?

> @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

> > >

> > > ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

> > >

> > > > sure its completely trash in tpvp

> > >

> > > That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

> >

> > sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

> > and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

> > watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

>

> It's fine. You dont have to understand it. Just adjust to how it works or don't. The choice is yours.

it doesn´t fit revenant at all and its clunkiness puts renegade at a disadvantage in pvp/wvw. not just that it performs bad, it doesn´t even work at all to begin with, stationary, kill-able and easy to interrupt makes a skill utterly useless.

obviously it doesn´t have to be meta or the best specialization, it just needs to work properly

for example:

-make kalla´s summons cc-immune

-its effects start when they´re summoned, without delay

-summons cannot be killed anymore

this wouldn´t make them over powered in the slightest due them still being stationary and avoidable.

It fits Revenant ok; the Kalla legend is pretty much a copy of the GW1 Ritualist. To keep that flavour those spirits should remain stationary and killable, but I agree they could use better protection against CC.

Possibly a traited range boost (for the projectile spirit at least, but not for the daze spirit) and a defensive trait that caps incoming damage to 34% of their HP per second would help in competitive play as well.

The pathfinding requirement should be rationalized as well. There are some cases where placing a spirit where you can't reach could be abusive in PvE, but I can't think of situations in PvP/WvW where that would allow you to do anything particularly questionable. Actually in WvW it would still be inferior to Elementalist with regards to casting on walls.

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> THIS!

> as long as pve ppl think its fine... nothing will change

It's those PvE people (or at least people like me, who also used to play PvP and know how imbalanced it is) that keep proclaiming the need for PvP to have a completely separate sets of skills and functionalities that don't interfere with PvE and that are not influenced by new PvE skills and updates. Keeping PvP "core" would have been a good idea, for instance. Just my opinion. But there is a lot more wrong with PvP than just skill and profession balancing.

> @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > > as long as pve boys tell the opposite .....

> > > >

> > > > ...and girls. ;) I, too, use this e-spec on my Revenant.

> > > >

> > > > > sure its completely trash in tpvp

> > > >

> > > > That's a completely different story. The OP did not say much about anything, e.g. which game mode they were referring to.

> > >

> > > sorry for the "boy" it means all pve ppl

> > > and i dont rly understand why the concept of kalla is even released ... i mean

> > > watch all other legends .... they all have DIFFERENT ABILITIES - Kalla is all the same clunky thing ....summon with very high cast time and it needs also very long time untile summon something do ... nearly 2 secs for a skill WHICH IS INTERUPPTABLE by simple cc ...GG

> >

> > It's fine. You dont have to understand it. Just adjust to how it works or don't. The choice is yours.

>

> it doesn´t fit revenant at all and its clunkiness puts renegade at a disadvantage in pvp/wvw. not just that it performs bad, it doesn´t even work at all to begin with, stationary, kill-able and easy to interrupt makes a skill utterly useless.

> obviously it doesn´t have to be meta or the best specialization, it just needs to work properly

>

> for example:

> -make kalla´s summons cc-immune

> -its effects start when they´re summoned, without delay

> -summons cannot be killed anymore

>

> this wouldn´t make them over powered in the slightest due them still being stationary and avoidable.

Cool, cool. Human players are smarter than the functionality of the summons. So, don't use the legend against human players. Got it.

Nonetheless, the OP still hasn't said what problem he specifically had with it, and probably wont. I suspect this is just a bait and ditch thread used just to rile people up.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

>... the need for PvP to have a completely separate sets of skills and functionalities that don't interfere with PvE and that are not influenced by new PvE skills and updates.

QFT

Buuuut~ then the PvP crowd loses the competitive advantage of certain builds they've come to rely on and that would probably make them leave the game even faster.

>! So let's do it!

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> or has everyone forgotten about this entire specialization. is it forever doomed to be unusable?

>

> edit

> for wvw/ pvp

> >! nobody cares about pve >:]

I tried for the longest time asking for improvements/rework on Renegade. Since then I've accepted the hard path. I put the staff where the sun don't shine - in the mists of course :trollface:

Anyway, I'd still like to see some changes that are exciting for more wvw/pvp usage

It's got several traits that increase damage output; running enough of those, you can down targets quite quickly. It seems best suited as a small party +1 class, because it doesn't have the damage invulnerability you need to solo effectively and the support capability is not as effective as what a Herald can do for zergs.