Is pvp worth starting now?

DoRi Silvia.4159

> @"Oahkahmewolf.6210" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > Hi and ho

> > > I've been a pve player doing fracs and raids and always had meant to get into pvp but never really looked at it.

> > > Until recently I have found my self logging in and pretty much having nothing to do so I thought I might see if I can get into pvp

> > >

> > > Is 2019 a bad time to get into pvp? Although I have not played I have quietly been reading the state of it or how little attention it gets from anet and makes me wonder if it will be ok for a new(?) Pvp player to start now

> >

> > if you play holo/warr or other borken spec its arlight. but god forbid you try offmeta against meta.

>

> oh man, i do off meta all the time got myself to p1. But i hate p1 so i just choose to wait for my rank to dip back to iron or even brwonze.

thats what i mean, you can play off meta and climb, but you reach a point where enemies arent compleatly incompetent.

this is where the pain sets in, when they are good enough to make some stupid pve rotations, but you cant punish them for it cuz your fun build just sucks.

thats why I dont like bunker ele and scrapper, just fighting ele as axe cmirage makes me want to quit, legit retal and burning when attacking them kills you, and they outsustain condi anyways. yikes

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > Hi and ho

> > I've been a pve player doing fracs and raids and always had meant to get into pvp but never really looked at it.

> > Until recently I have found my self logging in and pretty much having nothing to do so I thought I might see if I can get into pvp

> >

> > Is 2019 a bad time to get into pvp? Although I have not played I have quietly been reading the state of it or how little attention it gets from anet and makes me wonder if it will be ok for a new(?) Pvp player to start now

>

> if you play holo/warr or other borken spec its arlight. but god forbid you try offmeta against meta.

last match i remember some poor starting warrior against my power necro, since im a "veteran", i play a more risk builds with tons of damage, i just go shroud. f5->f4 to the poor guy got insta killed.

i guess the first steps should include detect the full-agressive builds that like throw all one blow skills and then use the 2 dodges to avoid the incoming nuke.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> >There's a lot of depth and build variety. It's really unique.

> And most of the builds transform the user into free points for the opposite team.

>

This doesn't happen below platinum if you play an established build that's not necessarily meta. Like Core Guardian, for example.

People below plat levels are just not competent enough, don't have good internet, or suffer from terrible FPS/ping.

Just don't play a complete potato of a build.

It's fine if you only use meta builds, don't take anything at all seriously and never equate win/loss to skill. Your individual performance in current conditions hardly matters.

Only try non-meta if you're really confident in your class knowledge, but be warned - what SPB or Holo do trivially, like taking tons of damage while dishing out as much - is often a lot harder for other builds or entire specs, even. To a point where you'd have to question yourself, "Should I even bother?".

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > >There's a lot of depth and build variety. It's really unique.

> > And most of the builds transform the user into free points for the opposite team.

> >

>

> This doesn't happen below platinum if you play an established build that's not necessarily meta. Like Core Guardian, for example.

> People below plat levels are just not competent enough, don't have good internet, or suffer from terrible FPS/ping.

> Just don't play a complete potato of a build.

You forget that build variety also includes subpar builds with no synergy.

Build variety is not limited to "established builds" that are META, close to it or former META builds.

also "below Platinum" is nearly every match now, as quite some platinum+ players purposely duo with low players these days, so they have a lower chance to fight equal skill levels.

And the platinum+ players not doing that no longer have enough numbers to consistently only fight platinum+ players

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > Hi and ho

> > > I've been a pve player doing fracs and raids and always had meant to get into pvp but never really looked at it.

> > > Until recently I have found my self logging in and pretty much having nothing to do so I thought I might see if I can get into pvp

> > >

> > > Is 2019 a bad time to get into pvp? Although I have not played I have quietly been reading the state of it or how little attention it gets from anet and makes me wonder if it will be ok for a new(?) Pvp player to start now

> >

> > if you play holo/warr or other borken spec its arlight. but god forbid you try offmeta against meta.

>

> last match i remember some poor starting warrior against my power necro, since im a "veteran", i play a more risk builds with tons of damage, i just go shroud. f5->f4 to the poor guy got insta killed.

>

> i guess the first steps should include detect the full-agressive builds that like throw all one blow skills and then use the 2 dodges to avoid the incoming nuke.

God bless you friend, you and all other brave reaper players. you are the heroes we need, not the ones we deserve.

at this point reaper is what I consider cancer remover.

with proper team it removes all those stupid builds like immortal scrapper, tanky as f warr/holo, or bruiser tanky as F elementalist.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> God bless you friend, you and all other brave reaper players. you are the heroes we need, not the ones we deserve.

> at this point reaper is what I consider cancer remover.

> with proper team it removes all those stupid builds like immortal scrapper, tanky as f warr/holo, or bruiser tanky as F elementalist.

>

awwwww thanks :) u summarized my last season participation, my mates protected me from being perma-targeted _"necro first"_ and i do my role to take down "immortal builds" . and yeah inst easy life be a perma target.

> @"Tharan.9085" said:

> You can even play troll builds in high plat

Low plat for certain - zerk rifle warrior, mender's core well necro, hybrid damage trap ranger - all "work" at low-mid plat one, since the biggest constraint in that rating is gamesense / knowledge, I'd argue.