Rework collections that include dead content

Bossun.2046

> @"Bossun.2046" said:

> > @"Psykewne.3025" said:

> > > @"Bossun.2046" said:

> > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > Or you know, they could *not* make design decisions based on data gathered during one of their most popular festivals.

> > >

> > > so all that should be inaccessible content until there is nothing else to do in the game?

> >

> > I think you and everyone else complaining is missing the point. Halloween is notoriously popular in guild wars 2 to the point that people drop a lot of their regular farms and aims to grind the lab.

> >

> > Once the festival is over a lot of other stuff will pick up again I guarantee it.

> >

> > I’ve actually seem these sane complaints during other festivals too year on year but somehow people still don’t get it.

> >

> >

>

> talk about missing the point

Bravo on the response. You have elevated this debate. Have some candy corn

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I wish they add the Living Story maps to the regular dailies as another choice to do events and rotate sequentially among all the LS maps. Since it would be an addition people who don’t have that map can still do the regular dailies. This would help revitalize these old maps that only have a few people on them.

This would be a pretty good solution. Add more options to dailies. Half of the time i dont do the pve dailies because i dont like the 3 options i have.

With the ls3 (ls4 is still pretty busy) added to the list my guess is that more people show up.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I wish they add the Living Story maps to the regular dailies as another choice to do events and rotate sequentially among all the LS maps. Since it would be an addition people who don’t have that map can still do the regular dailies. This would help revitalize these old maps that only have a few people on them.

>

> This would be a pretty good solution. Add more options to dailies. Half of the time i dont do the pve dailies because i dont like the 3 options i have.

> With the ls3 (ls4 is still pretty busy) added to the list my guess is that more people show up.

Special event like the boss rush would do better, but they would have to do a sale for LW3 and maybe add some hook to the whole thing like the shiny weapons.

yes i also hate it if i get killed often in bloodstone fen, the amount of enemys should be scaled to the ppl are there and at which point, first off all the mobs do way too much damage, 1 ranged attack and mount is 50% health. dead maps should have decrease of mobs. the loot it trash so the mobs are pure there to annoy me and nothing more. not to reward me.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Maybe one day it would be cool if, for these kind of events, guilds could spawn the mob like they could spawn tequatl.

Or they could fix the game so that solo players could complete the collections without having to depend on people wanting to do dead content. GW2 has never done scaling correctly.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > This is a big problem with the living world maps and the idea of adding new content to them in newer releases.

> >

> > We can't have story taking us back to Mons because some players might not have that map unlocked in season 3 etc..

> >

> > This is something that has personally annoyed me for many many years and why I will never accept the living world as a 'replacement' for expansions.

> > Once a living world map gets stale it's going to have issues like this all the time because once you've done everything on said maps there is almost never a reason to go back to them.. and that is a big problem.

>

> Yet by that same behavior, populations in expansions drain out over time as well. Everyone has to get it through their heads that we're dealing with a basic finite resource problem. The same problem exists with all entertainment media, because theres only so much attention that can be grabbed.

>

> HOT got around this problem by having a well scheduled Meta across a limited number of maps. This makes the routine extremely easy to flow from one map to the next, gaining or losing people at each transition. The Worldboss train works the same way, and both actively compete with each other for bodies. But people cried and cried about having to deal with large meta events, so LS3, POFm and LS4 maps scaled back their use to boss fights; seeing as bosses are one of the things often complained about and needed "avoiding" by solo players. And frankly, it worked. Casual players didn't need to do it, and could trudge around at their leisure.

>

> The issue being raised is by Achievement Hunters. These are not casual players..... They want something specific, and are putting in the express effort to chase it. Which is why I don't buy into the excuse that them wanting to be Solo players is a compelling reason to try and "design out" the group requirement for GROUP EVENTS. All it takes is minor organization, a bit of knowledge, and many of these events are actually easier with 5-10 people due to scaling. But what truly irks me to no end is how these things are made to be enablers of social interaction, and that Solo players require major accommodation because they refuse to participate in a social space...... which is made astoundingly baffling by the incredibly low barrier for getting this player base to lend assistance. I've never seen a game this easy to PUG effectively; and a significant number of players will go out of their way to help without being asked. This means the key to all of this is Awareness. If awareness is low (like in a low pop map), building awareness is not that difficult by reaching out to the map chat, to city hubs like LA, and especially to one's guild. But that awareness has to be considered in both directions. If you're not contributing back to this system, then you're perpetuating the very problem you're complaining about.

>

>

> With all that said, players have an internal conflict of interest when it comes to content. They always demand New and More at ever growing rates.... but they also refuse to let go of previous content, because they haven't milked out the maximum rewards from it yet. This demand is whats creating this paradox. Unsurprisingly, the original Living World format solves ALL of these problems, because only the current content matters at given time. Complaints about wanting to experience all past content is whats lead to their preservation-- while also demanding new content be bigger and exciting and act as sprawling epics, with new rewards that are objectively better then previous because otherwise its a waste of time, and those rewards should build on previous rewards, so we can feel Progress, and involve all the things so everything can feel rewarding and....... you can see the pattern here.

>

> Once players get tired of places, the move on. Trying to make them come back just for the rewards has created this perpetual loop of swarming, exhaustion, and migration. Having less people around you is the price for not being part of that bandwagon at its current "hotness". The fact that a person is upset that they want the rewards, outside the popular cycle, and then citing Rewards as the solution to getting people to come back, poetically reinforces why using these comprehensive achievement/rewards as a motivator was a bad idea in the first place. ..... For us... not for Anet. This is giving Anet an easy solution to a complex problem, because we'll do anything for a shiny-- except make friends, apparently.

>

> Above I pointed out how HOT got around this problem... but thats kind of a misrepresentation. All it really did was manage to be at the top of the stack for farming "Hotness". Istan replaced it for awhile, and then largely abandoned after the rewards were nerfed. That really does say a lot about the internal mindset of this player base, despite what they constantly state outward about the need for new content. Everyone LOVED the POF maps, with how open they are, and no filthy map metas getting in the way of things, and how they're not stuck to a scheduled, and the rewards feel great..... and now they are mostly empty outside of a Bounty, Achievement, or HP trains, done by people explicitly out to help players needing to get things done faster. Its almost as if participating and contributing to the social space is productive! But you Solo players stay classly, and do you.

>

>

> If it isn't clear yet...... there is NO SOLUTION to this problem, because we're gonna just keep going in circles until Gamers at large get over themselves about reward systems. Until that happens, we're stuck just juggling 5 issues and choosing which 4 we're willing to deal with at any given time. That or stick to single player games that make you the center of the universe, and never have to socially interact with anything else.

GD that is perfect. That OP states the truth! <>

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > Maybe one day it would be cool if, for these kind of events, guilds could spawn the mob like they could spawn tequatl.

>

> Or they could fix the game so that solo players could complete the collections without having to depend on people wanting to do dead content. GW2 has never done scaling correctly.

Hmm I don’t think it is good for the game to give more credit to solo content than what the game is already giving to solo players. Especially when we play a MMO.

I think it would be better to accept that, after the novelty of a new map and its new content achievement has worn off, players might need to seek out guilds to complete the “old” content.

A daily system for guilds that take them back to these season 3 and season 4 with guild focused rewards could be a good solution imo.